Opinion Your most treasured North possession

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's off season so thought I'd get some other discussion.......

What is your most treasured North possession?

When I say "possession" it can be memorabilia like signed jumpers and pictures/frames, personal tattoos, videos of games, hats or whatever.

Something you hold special that you treasure for your own reason?

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nobody?

Ok failed thread delete mods.....haha

Great topic!

One of my most treasured NM possessions is a large 21st birthday card that was signed by the North players. Showing my age here, but it was signed by players such as Gary Dempsey, Malcolm Blight, Keith Greig and Ross Glendinning, as well as others who were there at the time. When you add in Brian Wilson as well, there are five Brownlow medalists who have signed it. My mother used to volunteer at the North Melbourne bingo sessions which were held in the city to raise funds for the club (a Barry Cheatley initiative) and she organised with Barry to have the card signed.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1996 premiership twenty year anniversary jumper signed by Ben Brown 😭

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1996 premiership twenty year anniversary jumper signed by Ben Brown 😭

Nothing wrong with that.

Be well liked by many

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I got a pair of ben brown socks signed by browny 🤣

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I got a pair of ben brown socks signed by browny 🤣

Long socks!

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I bet some garage or rooms around here have plenty.

I've got a framed print of the the 1977 premiership team, still remember it being on bedroom my wall as a young kid.
Plus a signed team photo of the 1975 premiership team, pretty sure the old man got all the signatures. Will have to double check that Sam Kekovich signature is on there.
A hand-knitted beanie in North colours that my sister bought from a hospital fundraiser many years ago. Reminds me of the good days when we played home games at the MCG.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've got a framed print of the the 1977 premiership team, still remember it being on bedroom my wall as a young kid.
Plus a signed team photo of the 1975 premiership team, pretty sure the old man got all the signatures. Will have to double check that Sam Kekovich signature is on there.
A hand-knitted beanie in North colours that my sister bought from a hospital fundraiser many years ago. Reminds me of the good days when we played home games at the MCG.

Brilliant.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
My scarf from the early 80s. I think I saved up $8.95 to buy it as a kid, and its been to hundreds of games with me, and seen more flags than some other clubs have in their history.

Worthless to anyone else, but has great sentimental value to me.
Same here, got my scarf in 1989. Otherwise have a few frames in the garage.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My scarf from the early 80s. I think I saved up $8.95 to buy it as a kid, and its been to hundreds of games with me, and seen more flags than some other clubs have in their history.

Worthless to anyone else, but has great sentimental value to me.

Excellent post.

The whole point of the thread.

I was too stupid to articulate it as well.

GMAN63

Senior List
Dec 30, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
E37597B3-A431-4AE9-B75E-16DBFE87248B.jpeg Here’s one wall of my home office with some Kanga stuff from the 70s onwards .

Back