Opinion Your most treasured North possession

Remove this Banner Ad

dunno about the best.... but this would prolly be the worst, behold the boomer doll!

View attachment 1021269
Nice Boonies.

I like to get mine out of the house every now and then
CameraZOOM-20150927141930327__01.jpg

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
20181221_131622.jpg

My rare modded Maloo had a North signed cap in it which I lost too, as i never saw it again after crash......devastated about both gone!

Last edited:

Not in the same league as others posted here, but we have a NMFC blanket from when my daughter was born (around 11 years ago) that the kids fight over when we go to the footy. My asking for it tonight, to take a pic, caused a small dust up as they again fought over possession (hence no pic). Still made me smile.

Yes, I also got my poster courtesy of the lovely TOD. I've also got the above tshirt, the royal blue "Keep North South" version, a Roosistence trucker cap and the legendary "Stick The Gold Coast Where The Sun Don't Shine" sticker.

It'd be fair to say that I'd had quite a few beers by the time I hit the merch table at the Roosistence gig. All in support of a most worthy cause.

PS - Nice poosay, Mrs Slocum.

I still have that sticker on my fridge! 😄

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My 2 most treasured are lost forever.
1 was the original Nike media polo. It was a weird blue colour with the NZI Kangaroos embroidered on one chest and the Nike logo on the other. It was a thing of beauty and they ditched them after a year. NFI where I lost that.

More devastating, though not as "treasured", I had 2 membership cards from the "2002 Captains Club" membership category. Due to some circumstances I can't quite recall, the captaincy changed during the pre-season that year, and having both cards was a quirky possession I loved having. But I lost it in a move. I think I put it into a book for safekeeping and then donated a whole bunch of books to the Salvos when we moved. It was a year before I realised 😭

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jisse W Smuth

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2009
Kinsungton
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kengas
Good frid Chop!

I have a 96 gold embossed Grand Final footy wuth all the sugnatures and a pair of Willsy's undugenous boots in a display box.

Had to blow a guy for them, but worth it eh!

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My 2 most treasured are lost forever.
1 was the original Nike media polo. It was a weird blue colour with the NZI Kangaroos embroidered on one chest and the Nike logo on the other. It was a thing of beauty and they ditched them after a year. NFI where I lost that.

More devastating, though not as "treasured", I had 2 membership cards from the "2002 Captains Club" membership category. Due to some circumstances I can't quite recall, the captaincy changed during the pre-season that year, and having both cards was a quirky possession I loved having. But I lost it in a move. I think I put it into a book for safekeeping and then donated a whole bunch of books to the Salvos when we moved. It was a year before I realised 😭
I had that beautiful polo shirt too.

I wore it proudly so many times that it was a much faded rag of a thing by the end so I assume I chucked it out but I can’t really remember.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep it sucks to lose or not know where treasured items are.

It's not the monetary value it's the sentimental to me.

GMAN63

Senior List
Dec 30, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I just did it thanks.
No regrets. Had the 99 one laminated in garage on the fridge.. Had to order the others.
Way better framed and hung up.
54bbfef6787f9cb5a0fc7295f18063c6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I just did it thanks.
No regrets. Had the 99 one laminated in garage on the fridge.. Had to order the others.

Look bloody amazing ! Mine are from back in day and have yellowed due to age but the fresh copies look tops. Enjoy, hopefully we have to make room for another one in a few years.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I just did it thanks.

I’ve got the same with it a signed 96 Weg pagan , archer & Carey
99 pagan Carey & Shannon Grant ,
My biggest thrill / haul being a signed framed 99 David King jumper & 99 Glen Archer jumper 👍 bought in a NMFC auction ❤️❤️

I just did it thanks.

They look fantastic. Did you just buy frames from a store or do they have to be made to fit?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back