Feb 20, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
2014: St. Kilda
2015: Essendon
2016: Essendon
2017: Carlton
2018: Fremantle - Ross Lyon effect. Will leave a sinking ship 2 years prior.

Mar 5, 2005
Between the Big Sticks
AFL Club
West Coast
Melbourne in last place means - spork

upload_2014-6-26_0-38-59.jpeg

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Carlton, Essondon, GWS, Brisbane, St. Kilda in no order

2 years ago many would've been putting Port Adelaide on lists like this. There's really no way to know who will rise and who will fall.

Most of us struggle to pick 9 winners each week, and yet think we can predict events like this.

Don't get me wrong, I like guessing as a bit of fun, but the reality is none of us have the slightest clue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iron

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
2 years ago many would've been putting Port Adelaide on lists like this. There's really no way to know who will rise and who will fall.
To be fair, people have been successfully predicting bottom teams from the less successful Victorian clubs for years.

syl

FAIR and BALANCED
Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2011 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe 2012 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2012 Player Sponsor
Mar 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
North
St kilda
St kilda
Carlton
Essendon
West coast

I don't think Brisbane will unless it is this year. The AFL will help them out.

Fletched

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
2014: Essendon
2015: Essendon
2016: Essendon
2017: Essendon
2018: Essendon
That's a bold prediction you would have to see richmond, st kilda and brisbane all pick up 4-5 wins
And Melbourne, carlton, GWS and the bulldogs to all win 3 games and this is assuming the bombers lose every match
If the bombers win this week it would be almost impossible though

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Unless we're tanking, I don't think we'll "win" it this year, as Brisbane have just fallen off a cliff since Johnno Brown went down and it's hard to see them getting up again before the end of the year, whereas we steadied the ship a bit last week and now have a good chunk of our best 18 or 22 coming/due back from injury at last, over this next couple of games (eg. Montagna, Hickey, Dunstan, Schneider, Stanley, maybe Fisher), just as we have two of this year's biggest "disappointments", in Richmond and Carlton (both at Etihad). Win either of those games (far from a certainty, but a decent chance), or our game v WB, or our other game v Richmond, later in the year and I think Brisbane get the spoon.

Both clubs a huge chance next year as well, especially if we do what we've done in the past couple of years and offload another Goddard/Dal Santo/McEvoy type (or two), to get some more early/earlyish draft picks, on top of probably Lenny retiring.

After that it is anyone's guess!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back