Your Official 2017 NBA Finals Thread - now a 100% Aussie-free zone

Who wins the NBA Finals?

• Golden State in less time than it takes Kevin Durant to quit and join the enemy

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • Cleveland in less time than it takes JR to propose the pipe

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Golden State, but only after Zaza Pachulia wipes out Cleveland's entire team

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Cleveland, but only because Mike Brown is now on the opposing bench

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Whoever Stephen A. Smith doesn't pick

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • The butterfly

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah he should have rotted away for the rest of his career while the Cavs put absolute stars like Mo Williams next to him.

Would have been real amazing seeing LeBron end up the next Kevin Garnett, wasting almost his entire prime in a Minnesota like situation because he was too loyal.

You play basketball to win.

This x 1,000,000

What Lebron did is nothing like what KD did. If Lebron joined the Lakers or Celtics in 2011 then that might have been the same.

Miami was simply a **** you Cleveland, you won't build me a team I'll go build my own.

I still have no issue with what KD did except it makes the NBA s**t. What LeBron did has way more merit.

Do you remember who was on the roster prior to LeBron arriving?

Stacked isn't a term i'd use to describe that roster.

Lets compare rosters.

2009/10 Miami: Rafer Alston, Joel Anthony, Carlos Arroyo, Michael Beasley, Mario Chalmers, Daequan Cook, Yakhouba Diawara, Udonis Haslem, James Jones, Jamal Magloire, Jermaine O'Neal, Shavlik Randolph, Quentin Richardson, Dwayne Wade, Dorell Wright

2015/16 Warriors: Lenandro Barbosa, Harrison Barnes, Andrew Bogut, Ian Clark, Steph Curry, Festuz Ezeli, Draymond Green, Andre Iguodala, Shaun Livingston, Kevon Looney, James Michael MacAdoo, Brandon Rush, Marreese Speights, Jason Thompson, Klay Thompson, Anderson Varajeao

One of these rosters was significantly stronger that the other the previous season. Can you guess which one?

You don't even read my posts for you? I said the Warriors were more stacked and what Durant did was worse.

fwiw LeBron + Wade + Bosh + 7 preschoolers = Stacked Roster.

If you cant respect the man for getting 5, 30+ games in a row in the final series, winning the finals MVP then you don't have very good judgement, so you're respect doesn't hold any value
The 30+ games don't have quite the merit for me given the teams were combining for 230 odd points a game. Great consistency, but inflated by the style.

For our next playoff series I'd like to see David Stern vs Bryant Gumbel.

Given we've been doing donuts for three decades your drunken driving could probably constitute an improvement in affairs.

Alcoholic Smoothies?

The 30+ games don't have quite the merit for me given the teams were combining for 230 odd points a game. Great consistency, but inflated by the style
I'd say that more applies to someone like Irving who only really had two good games with one of them ending horribly (game 3) and somehow managed to average 30.

So many of Durant's baskets were momentum killings.

Saying that Durant going to the Warriors is the same to Lebron to the Heat. Is just Wrong.
I have argued with you on certain things and do respect you.
This time I will not lower my self to that level.

It's always going to look bad when you go to one of the best teams when you're a top guy. However he's getting paid and got a ring so I doubt he cares, maybe he lost some sponsor pull but then again there is a lot of wagoners out there.

I think most neutral NBA fans would have liked him elsewhere, he could have made a 3rd good team instead of this just waiting for an entire season for an obvious match-up.

On another topic. Does anyone care about the NBA awards? I have a few horses in it and couldn't give a * now.

No he didn't. Heat won 47 games in 2010 and nearly got swept in the first round finals. James left a team that went deeper into the finals than the team he went to.

He wasn't going to a stacked team that had just lost the NBA final. He also had far more of a personal relationship with the people he joined in Miami than KD did.

So nothing a like when you break it all down.
Pretty much.

He went to a staked team. Not Golden State stacked. But stacked none the less.

3 guys in the top 4 PER from the season before. Put that in perspective that's like if Westbrook, Durant and AD got together next year. Or Durant, Curry and LeBron got together this year. You don't think those aren't stacked team?

You don't go "Not 1, not 2, not 3..." if you are going to a team that you don't believe is incredible. Particularly if you haven't won one before.

They started the season paying $1.60 for a championship.
It's not the same thing. The fact people actually think it is is both hilarious and ******* stupid.

Pretty much this.

LeBron created a superteam.

If people hate on Durant for doing what he did, which is fine and I understand, then they gotta hate on LeBron for doing it too.

IMO they were both punk moves.

Whatever happened to competing and trying to beat your rivals, rather than teaming up with them.
Wait so LeBron joined Miami because he couldn't beat them? LeBron joined Cleveland because he couldn't beat them?

What?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he should have rotted away for the rest of his career while the Cavs put absolute stars like Mo Williams next to him.

Would have been real amazing seeing LeBron end up the next Kevin Garnett, wasting almost his entire prime in a Minnesota like situation because he was too loyal.

You play basketball to win.
This too. I don't blame LeBron for leaving and never will.

I never said it was the same thing. I was just pointing out it was a stacked team.

Yep. Who cares if it was the same or not? Both players had every right to change teams, that's life in the 21st century. You're right though, one wonders if LeBron would have made the same move had Wade and Bosh not been part of the deal. I think probably not.

Nice to see Draymond flog can't keep LeBron out of his mouth at the parade. It's a shame that flog has 2 rings.

It is a shame. I didn't see the parade so I don't know what was said, but I have never been fond of players who mouth off too much and complain to the refs when they've committed obvious fouls. I think Green is a good player, I just find him annoying.

But it was funny last year I bet when LeBron talked trash about the Warriors.

They're mates engaging in banter.

Play on.
tenor.gif

Yep. Who cares if it was the same or not? Both players had every right to change teams, that's life in the 21st century. You're right though, one wonders if LeBron would have made the same move had Wade and Bosh not been part of the deal. I think probably not.

Do you work in HR?

People like to s**t on sports stars as well.

It's part of being a sports person. Look at LeBron. Best player. One of the greatest of all time. Good for a really long time. Seems to be a good person as well. Constantly gets s**t from the media and fans alike.

KD is what lebron was when he made his decision. Now lebron is respected as a player and person.

KD will be that person (again) soon

When are our exit interviews peternorth

You are free to exit whenever you like. However, remember this organisation has been loyal to you. I gave you whatever you wanted - PS4, pimped up rides, the ones kobe rejects, jordan vs lebron notes, trade exceptions.

Remember what I did for you.

Back