Your Official Eastern Conference Playoffs Thread - MORE STAT PADIN. Vale Pacers, Bucks

Which old-school showdown would pique your interest most?

• Trading insults like it was 2008-12 again - LeBron vs Celtics, the re-re-match

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Blowing in the wind - LeBron vs PG13, Lance and the Pacers

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • The Gilbert Arenas Memorial Shootout- Cavs vs Wizards

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • The Good Guys dress in Black - Celtics/Wizards, Round III

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • The Jimmy Butler Superstar Cup - Celtics vs Bulls ft. Primetime Pricey

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • None - I'm mainly here to laugh at the Eastern Conference

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd rather keep him than Wade.

Just do the Harden/Rockets build with Butler except he'll be able to defend someone.

Butler and just 13 guys that can shoot 3's for days.
Look engaged on the bench yesterday and seems to have embraced a mentor type role with the younger guys. Clearly made an impact especially on this board.

Look engaged on the bench yesterday and seems to have embraced a mentor type role with the younger guys. Clearly made an impact especially on this board.
The younger guys seem to love him, and he brings them into the game in a way that Butler/Wade couldn't or wouldn't after he was injured.

Butler isn't close to Harden offensively
Butler didn't have anywhere near the space Harden had to work with offensively and only averaged 5 less points a game with quality defense to go with it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him match Harden's scoring numbers if he had shooters surrounding him.

Butler didn't have anywhere near the space Harden had to work with offensively and only averaged 5 less points a game with quality defense to go with it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him match Harden's scoring numbers if he had shooters surrounding him.
That 5 points is a pretty big jump tho, going from 24ppg to 29ppg is a lot bigger than say 14ppg to 19ppg. I think he could be like a 26ish scorer but Hardens play making skills are on another plain of existence to that of Butlers that I don't think Butler gains as much in that sort of system, he'd obv benefit tho with the sort of spacing Harden has so that every time he drives or posts up everyone isn't able to help off crabs that can't shoot without the fear of being punished by the 3 ball.

Avery has probably supported Isaiah the most through the whole thing and he was pretty sure of himself.

agreed AB like all team mates as they should support a mate in need of support. i hope the bulls players had kind words with IT during the series.

AB was sure of himself after yesterdays close out. However, he didnt say the same thing after game 1, straight after ITs sisters passing.

Harden is on another level to Butler on the offensive end. Yes, he has room to move offensively now, but he didn't two years ago and still was averaging 30.

I really like Butler fwiw, and he's a lot better defensively, but he's still several steps back from Harden.

Butler isn't close to Harden offensively

Butler's too inconsistent to be compared with the likes of Harden. Butler's best is very good, but his worst is woeful. One match he'll score 30+, the next he won't get to double figures. I've seen games where Butler has spent nearly his entire time on court standing out on the 45 watching the game rather than getting involved. Harden is always doing something that helps his team.

I did think Butler's game 6 was very good though. No Rondo to help out and Wade trying his best to show his career is over, Butler couldn't have done much more to salvage from the wreckage.

Harden is on another level to Butler on the offensive end. Yes, he has room to move offensively now, but he didn't two years ago and still was averaging 30.

I really like Butler fwiw, and he's a lot better defensively, but he's still several steps back from Harden.
This, it isn't even close. Harden is the best scorer in the NBA right now. Yes I know Russ led the league in scoring but he isn't a better offensive player then Harden.

Butler isn't anywhere near the conversation

I wasn't here for the entirety of the series. Including when we were winning games.

Was good of some smartasses to come and seek me out on the Celtics thread though. Gave me some fairly easy ammo.
Those "smart asses" also post in other team threads, generally with positive and constructive discussions. They also stick around when their teams suck
Hey there Look2Me4Guidance
They don't go missing when their team is losing then re appear once their team closes out a series
And with ammo? Ammo is fine but if you can't shoot ammo is uselessness

agreed AB like all team mates as they should support a mate in need of support. i hope the bulls players had kind words with IT during the series.

AB was sure of himself after yesterdays close out. However, he didnt say the same thing after game 1, straight after ITs sisters passing.

Just because a team loses two games at home doesn't mean a series is over. You have to win four games to win a playoff series. The LA kings were down 3-0 to the Sharks a few years back and ended up coming back, winning the series, and winning the 3 more series to take the Stanley Cup. Every team in a sport with big playoff series is confident in it's ability to win from any position.

AB is usually a pretty humble guy and is the first to respect the skill and ability of his opponents. Especially with rondo who he played a lot with in the past.

He did make a point in the presser of saying he felt disrespected by Jimmy Butler in this series and also said he respects everyone he plays against and deserves the same in return.

We didn't call out opposition players in the media, and we didn't have our coach piss and moan about referees in the media either.

Celtics had Avery for only one playoff game last year against Atlanta. He would have made a helluva difference in defending Schroder which we really struggled with. Most Celtics fans still acknowledge that we got pretty well outplayed for the majority of the series to lose in 6 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those "smart asses" also post in other team threads, generally with positive and constructive discussions. They also stick around when their teams suck
They don't go missing when their team is losing then re appear once their team closes out a series
I wasn't missing. I was posting on BigFooty just like I always have been and posted on the Celtics board throughout the series because, lets face it, the "eastern conference thread" on here is basically the Chicago bulls fanclub. The fact that a handful of you are so obsessed with what thread I post on shows how rattled you all are by someone that comes in here and shares an opinion that isn't the status quo that you all agree with.

It's getting to the point of being quite humorous.

PS. I'm more than happy to have a constructive basketball discussion with people who post respectfully on the Celtics thread. That isn't what occurred.

I wasn't missing. I was posting on BigFooty just like I always have been and posted on the Celtics board throughout the series because, lets face it, the "eastern conference thread" on here is basically the Chicago bulls fanclub. The fact that a handful of you are so obsessed with what thread I post on shows how rattled you all are by someone that comes in here and shares an opinion that isn't the status quo that you all agree with.

It's getting to the point of being quite humorous.
I hate the bulls and picked the celts in 6 after they went 2 down fwiw.
I have never commented or generally care about the dribble you post. Don't go specifically calling out other posters and proceed to take the higher ground.
This is by far the best board on bigfooty where generally everyone has a bit of banter and a laugh with good basketball chat.
As I said I'm going to miss you after game 1 after you lose to John Wall. But I guess I'll il see you again if you win the series

I hate the bulls and picked the celts in 6 after they went 2 down fwiw.
I have never commented or generally care about the dribble you post. Don't go specifically calling out other posters and proceed to take the higher ground.
This is by far the best board on bigfooty where generally everyone has a bit of banter and a laugh with good basketball chat.
As I said I'm going to miss you after game 1 after you lose to John Wall. But I guess I'll il see you again if you win the series
If you think what I post is dribble then you're more than welcome to ignore me and then you wont see anything. I dont post my opinion on web forums in an aim to not be abrasive and not upset anonymous people. I will post what I think. The only guys that went looking for a fight and called out other posters throughout this series were the guys that decided to click onto the Celtics thread and puff their chests out after game 2. I apologize that me making them look foolish after the fact has upset the Chi that you are so dearly used to on your basketball forum.

If you miss me at any time, when my team wins or loses, feel free to click on the celtics thread and give me a hoy. I have that thread on watch.

Cavs have been off for a week and Toronto closed out their series yesterday. Both Boston and Washington close out today and have to play before Toronto and Cleveland....especially when its pretty well publicised that IT has to go to his sister's funeral tomorrow. Really poor scheduling.
Washington go from Atlanta, win that series then straight to Boston. Not saying it's unfair, scheduling has always been apart of NBA but no consideration was given to Boston being number 1 seed here. Wouldn't be surprised if Wiz come out flat/tired. Still be a cracker series.

Just because a team loses two games at home doesn't mean a series is over. You have to win four games to win a playoff series. The LA kings were down 3-0 to the Sharks a few years back and ended up coming back, winning the series, and winning the 3 more series to take the Stanley Cup. Every team in a sport with big playoff series is confident in it's ability to win from any position.

AB is usually a pretty humble guy and is the first to respect the skill and ability of his opponents. Especially with rondo who he played a lot with in the past.

He did make a point in the presser of saying he felt disrespected by Jimmy Butler in this series and also said he respects everyone he plays against and deserves the same in return.

We didn't call out opposition players in the media, and we didn't have our coach piss and moan about referees in the media either.

Celtics had Avery for only one playoff game last year against Atlanta. He would have made a helluva difference in defending Schroder which we really struggled with. Most Celtics fans still acknowledge that we got pretty well outplayed for the majority of the series to lose in 6 games.

Yes he certainly did shower praise on butler throughout the series. Also agree that AB is a humble player, something the league needs more of. The premise of my post(s) was querying why avery (or more appropriately the team) do it for ITs sister in the first and second game.

Washington go from Atlanta, win that series then straight to Boston. Not saying it's unfair, scheduling has always been apart of NBA but no consideration was given to Boston being number 1 seed here. Wouldn't be surprised if Wiz come out flat/tired. Still be a cracker series.
Gortat is a big key for you guys. We have a tendency to get wrecked by big men that get on the offensive glass.

Gortat is a big key for you guys. We have a tendency to get wrecked by big men that get on the offensive glass.
Well he has been poor mostly against Howard, plus the back end of the season. Wouldn't worry too much about him. Morris is the key for wiz too. If Mahimi is fit this series, will be a greater influence

I'm glad someone gets it.

I'm with jdz101 - If the Warriors lose to the Cavs after being up 3-1 again, you won't hear from me for weeks. Probably because I've been taken away in a straitjacket. But don't worry I'll be back after the 16 pills a day normalizes my temperament.

May need shock therapy.

Back