Your opinion in Ben Brown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Another fine example of the bumbling Brad and his band of busted arses and their collective lack of foresight.

The club knew Benny needs a solid 2IC to assist him, being the go to man is tough when six opponents will ensure you got know where to go. So we in our wisdom marched Mason Wood to CHF, blind Barry could see that was a poor plan.

Gee am thinking not a bad band name. Brad and his busted arses, debut album ," Lack of foresight"

TheWaffles

Debutant
Jan 12, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He's a gun and will be fine.

One thing - and it's not going to happen - but I would love to see Ben playing angry.

Might not work for him. I played some pretty high level sport. Without specifics of my background-

any emotions detracted from performance. I needed to be relaxed and in the flow. I’m a physical person so I don’t need to be angry to play hard. Anger, worry, too many instructions all damaged performance.

He might be like that. Just needs to feel.

Gee am thinking not a bad band name. Brad and his busted arses, debut album ," Lack of foresight"
Yeah with the following tracks on it.

1) The Easy Fix
2) Slight Tweaks
3) Bitterly Disappointed
4) Ambushed
5) Sit Back & Admire
6) If Only
7) I'll Back Them In
8) It Was Expected
9) The Ear Lobe
10) Blame it on the Rain (Cover Song)
:stern look

Polecat

Team Captain
Mar 20, 2002
Croxton
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Ragin' Cajuns
Might not work for him. I played some pretty high level sport. Without specifics of my background-

any emotions detracted from performance. I needed to be relaxed and in the flow. I’m a physical person so I don’t need to be angry to play hard. Anger, worry, too many instructions all damaged performance.

Nice of you to join us Alistair Clarkson - always loved the relaxed manner in which you played the game. Never resorted to playing angry. I miss that in today’s players 😟😉

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Another fine example of the bumbling Brad and his band of busted arses and their collective lack of foresight.

The club knew Benny needs a solid 2IC to assist him, being the go to man is tough when six opponents will ensure you got know where to go. So we in our wisdom marched Mason Wood to CHF, blind Barry could see that was a poor plan.

I really hate posts like this.

Everyone was on the same Mason Wood train during his high period and especially after the amazing Sydney game, and the club rightfully backed him in to improve further as he showed progress. Fast forward to today and he keeps getting games bc there is no one else to fulfill that role plus our injuries.

Yes he's s**t and should be dropped, but washing your hands after finding out that he's now a dud and then blaming the club? lol spare me

1) The Easy Fix
2) Slight Tweaks
3) Bitterly Disappointed
4) Ambushed
5) Sit Back & Admire
6) If Only
7) I'll Back Them In
8) It Was Expected
9) The Ear Lobe
Hey Zondors. How abouts the Bonus Track Forensic Review? :stern look

you should post more often!

"too many instructions all damaged performance" I get the feeling this is one of Scotts biggest mistakes. Let the boys play football.

hotham

NMFC 1869
North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jan 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eels
Great leading forward. I'd like him to build up some core strength,as he is pushed off and under the ball far to easily.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Putting aside the free kick issue which I won't wade into I thought he was fine on the weekend - from memory last year Harris got hold of him way more (maybe 3 goals and not many marks across both games?) and I thought he had his moments on the weekend and could easily have kicked more.

Clearly needs some help though - you don't want him having to come up to the wing as a bail out option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I really hate posts like this.

Everyone was on the same Mason Wood train during his high period and especially after the amazing Sydney game, and the club rightfully backed him in to improve further as he showed progress. Fast forward to today and he keeps getting games bc there is no one else to fulfill that role plus our injuries.

Yes he's s**t and should be dropped, but washing your hands after finding out that he's now a dud and then blaming the club? lol spare me

Hate is a very strong word and one of those words I personally hate being used. He was drafted in 2012, if my abacus is true that was 7 years ago. Has played 40 games and I believe has been in more positions Annabel Chong but hasn't had as many ' hard ball gets'

He 's a third tall at best. My post wasn't derogatory towards Mason but at our coaching staff. And I really hate posts like yours. Cannot believe you said he's "s**t" and I said he was played out of position. Sheesh, I can understand someone being taken out of context in a discussion, but the written word......... i hate that.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

1) The Easy Fix
2) Slight Tweaks
3) Bitterly Disappointed
4) Ambushed
5) Sit Back & Admire
6) If Only
7) I'll Back Them In
8) It Was Expected
9) The Ear Lobe

Track four is a ripper, a real ******* toe-tapper!! As a whole the album is solid, takes you on a journey of misery and despair. One for the ******* Emo's I'd suggest.

May 8, 2003
Hamish Paradise
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets

1) The Easy Fix
2) Slight Tweaks
3) Bitterly Disappointed
4) Ambushed
5) Sit Back & Admire
6) If Only
7) I'll Back Them In
8) It Was Expected
9) The Ear Lobe
Sailing the seas of misery must have been the last track cut. perhaps a b(rad)-side for a single?

May 24, 2005
Covid Central
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos
Can someone please tell me why the hell Brown is running 16km per game?????
It is absolutely nonsensical.
Sure, Nic Riewoldt would do 12-15km per game, but his stats and impact on the game were huge. BB is running so much for no reward.
Somethings not right.

Plus, his inability to cope with any body contact in a marking contest remains a major issue for him. Maybe if he ran less, he may be stronger in the contest???? Now there’s a revelation!!!

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sure, Nic Riewoldt would do 12-15km per game, but his stats and impact on the game were huge. BB is running so much for no reward.
Somethings not right.

Plus, his inability to cope with any body contact in a marking contest remains a major issue for him. Maybe if he ran less, he may be stronger in the contest???? Now there’s a revelation!!!

Had to get up the ground to play his role in the “zone” & to provide an option during our kick outs.

When we win posession he then has to bust his arse to double back and get inside 50z

By the time he gets back to the forward 50 the ball either gets sat on his head or he already has 3 defenders on him.

Actually feel for him at the moment. He shouldn’t leave the forward 50.

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Used to be 3 on 1, then 2 on 1, now Frawley on one and still can’t take a contested mark.

Even the opposition has ceased paying respect :(

He needs his mojo back. Step one is to get him some help on field.

arden station

Cancelled
May 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Concern here is that he's lost agility and some power with his hip (?) operation. He's had a history of being able to perform to a very high level off the back of no preseason and back from injury, but not this time.

He's never been super agile but when he has gone into the ruck this year, he's looked incredibly slow once the ball's on the deck and same inside 50.

He just looks way off the pace physically.

Still think a bit of anger wouldn't go astray in Ben's case. He plays too nice.

Needs to crash packs and smash tackles and play like he won't stand for anyone getting in his way.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Somethings not right.

Agree, you'd think he's taking 15 marks a week as the outlet in the style of N.Riewoldt, Waite or Carey with those KMs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back