• Finance / <$15,000

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Cash / > $15,000

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Cash / < $15,000

Votes: 30 69.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Regretting selling my car when COViD started in 2020.

Bought my Ford Ranger XLT 2015 with 55000 kms for $30000 in 2019, put $2K wheels and tyres on it, then decided to sell it before COViD hit in 2020 with 80000km on it. Didn’t need 2 cars and 2 regos. Tried to sell it for around 28-29000. Had hardly any interest and was struggling to sell it. Then COViD hit. I wanted to get rid of it so dropped it to 27K and ended up selling it around April/May.

Just saw the same model as mine with similar kms at a car yard on carsales selling for $45K………FML

I just pulled the trigger on a new car after realizing how inflated the used car market was, assuming I hold this thing for 7-10 years I am happy with my decision. That said, over a decade ago I bought a new car on finance when interest rates on new cars were 10% and after that experience, I swore I'd never buy new again.

I just pulled the trigger on a new car after realizing how inflated the used car market was, assuming I hold this thing for 7-10 years I am happy with my decision. That said, over a decade ago I bought a new car on finance when interest rates on new cars were 10% and after that experience, I swore I'd never buy new again.
How inflated is the new car market though?

Good used car for me is a great option. If you take a new one - you lose 20% as soon as you leave the store. One little moment here, when i need a replacement of some pieces i always spend some time to search for it in auto parts data. It saves lots of time when you don't need to make a return or to start a search from the beginning

Last edited:
Back