Personal Experience Your own Experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Am curious to hear of people's own experiences with possible ufo's, spirits, ghosts etc. I want personal ones not stories you have heard from a friend.

For me I have always been sceptical about ghosts, spirits, clairvoyants and the like sometimes they seem real then something happens that makes me feel otherwise. However a recent trip to Broken Hill of all places had me feeling alot differently about spirits and spirit guides. I went to the Living Sculptures National Park from the bottom carpark it is about a 1km walk to the top where these sculptures are. I was by myself with no one else in the car park or around, about half way up this walk I was overcome with emotion , it was quite strange as I was calm, relaxed and really enjoying the surroundings but I was sobbing uncontrolably. I sat on a bench and regained my composure then continued up. I got to the top and became emotional again, the first sculpture contained an image of the eagle which is also my spirit animal (or so I have been told). At no stage did I feel sad I was just having a strange emotional release. I moved around looking at the sculptures when I reached the fourth one and broke down again, this time is was an Inca sculpture (which again I have spiritual links too). I looked at the rest of the sculptures then sat down to again compose myself. As I shut my eyes the wind picked up and felt like it was swirling around me. I stood up and moved to the centre of all the sculptures closed my eyes and took some big deep breaths. When I opened my eyes I felt as though I was very light and when I looked down it seemed as though I was looking down on myself. At this moment some other tourists came and I came back to the normal plane. I started to walk back down to my car and I could hear a voice telling me that I should let the small things go.

Who knows what I experienced, was it my imagination, did my body finally release a hell of alot of emotion/anger/stress that had been building up for years. Did I venture out of my body onto another plane. Your guess is as good as mine but it has made for a good story and I have felt so much better since.

When i was ten, i saw my grandfather at my aunt's wedding. Seems normal, except he'd died six months earlier. He was sitting in the reception area, deep in thought, in his usual clothes and with his walking stick.

He didn't look happy either; turned out the uncle who married in was a DV *******; the aunt left him eventually, maybe he knew ahead of time.

I posted this a few years ago on the GD board when a Ghost thread was started and it took me ages to find. Just reading it again after not really thinking about it for a while sends shivers down my spine and it all flooding back.

I have had an experience which i can not explain and really opened my eyes to thought of all things ghosts when it happened as i never use to be a believer before this event......

My older sister when i was 22yo ( I am now 34 ) went overseas to England for 3 months to see an old friend and asked me to house sit and live in her small house in Altona she was renting at the time while she was away. All started off well until one night about 3 weeks in when i was watching T.V around 9pm with my girlfriend after having dinner and having done the dishes etc around 2 hours prior the kitchen light turned on by itself, i got up straight away as it was only myself and my girlfriend in the house and there was no one in there and the light switch was in the ON position which was weird as i remembered turning it off and it had been for at least an hour. I didn't think much of it and thought the switch may of been faulty and clicked down as it was one of those old switches with the big knob or bit you flick to turn on the light. Nothing else happened that night until the morning when i was up at 6am to go work and went into the kitchen only to find an old filing storage box ( paper kind ) in the smack bang middle of the kitchen table which was no way in hell there when i went to bed the that night and i had never seen it before ever and it contained my sisters old Tax receipts and random documents she filed and liked to keep. I was shocked and asked the girlfriend if she got up in the middle of the night and put it there etc but she said she had not and was starting to freak out a bit so i put it away in a spare room and i had no idea where my sister kept it.

Nothing happened again for 2 weeks or so until ( I remember it clearly to! ) i was watching The footy show in bed with the house locked up and all lights off etc around 10pm when i heard a massive bang of pots and pans from the kitchen which sounded like someone had dropped a heap of them on the tiled floor. I immediately got up running into the kitchen with the cricket bat and my girlfriend about to call 000 from the bedroom thinking someone was in the house and there was NOTHING anywhere in the kitchen out of place...... Everything was the way we left it before going to bed and i was astonished as the noise was 100% from our kitchen which was less than 10 steps away in the house and i was really scared and kept thinking WTF and remembered the light episode before and started to get really worked up and frightened as i was struggling to find a decent explanation.

To cut the story short in the 3 months i was living there i heard footsteps at night , doors open in the morning when i knew they were shut before going to bed , taps coming on by themselves ( slow steady stream not gushing ) more strange light events with them turning on during the night and the place was always cold no matter how high you would have the heater at night and struggled to heat the small lounge room. My girlfriend at the time which is now my wife stills talks about that house today and we have not forgotten that 3 months in there.

Anyway when my sister returned i told her all about it and she said she had seen a ghost in the house and could relate to everything i said and she had experienced it as well and did not want to tell me because i would not of stayed there and she had not seen anything strange for 3 months at least before she left for her holiday etc and thought it may of stopped and that filing box she told me use to be kept in the kitchen in a cupboard above the fridge which was never used as the doors were broken on the hinge and she had junk in there that she never used etc not to mention the height of the cupboard which was weird as i had never seen a cupboard above a fridge cavity before and you needed to stand on a chair to get proper access to it. She moved out when her lease expired that year and i still drive past the house today every now and then and it has been empty for the best part of the last 5 years and very run down.

My story anyway and i can swear not 1 word of this is a lie or made up in any way.

Never had an experience, and personally, I don't believe in ghosts or spirits. Ive never heard from someone who has either.

Never had an experience, and personally, I don't believe in ghosts or spirits. Ive never heard from someone who has either.

I was exactly the same before the above event i posted earlier.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess, I'm sure something odd will happen to me one day but for now, nothing, zero, zilch.

Great thread! I love listening to people's personal experiences. I believe is ghost but TBH I never want to have a personal experience with one. It's too scary to even think about it.

When i was ten, i saw my grandfather at my aunt's wedding. Seems normal, except he'd died six months earlier. He was sitting in the reception area, deep in thought, in his usual clothes and with his walking stick.

He didn't look happy either; turned out the uncle who married in was a DV *******; the aunt left him eventually, maybe he knew ahead of time.

So since you saw him in the reception area, other family member of yours also saw him??

Last year I set up a Ouija Board and attempted to make contact with any spirits, I followed the standard routines by saying a cleansing prayer and opening the spiritual doorway. I had an experience where the glass I was using as the marker moved but I am not overly convinced it moved on its own or i was consciously doing it myself. Needless to say I got goosebumps on the arm on the glass ended the session and decided not to attempt that again by myself. I think their are ghosts and spirits out there just am not completely convinced.

I don't believe in spirits and that, but at the same time, I wouldn't go messing with ouija boards and the like. This makes no sense I know.

Edit: I was writing this before I seen the above video had been posted. Too scared to watch it now haha. Might wait until the morning.

Glad this thread popped up. I was going to post this in the ghost thread on the GD board the other year, but forgot.

Always had an open mind with this stuff, but probably leaning more towards being a skeptic than a believer. But I've had one experience with a ouija board which is pretty messed up. This was over 10 years ago now, so my memory is a little hazy. But all the main points are there, I might just add in a few minor bits to set the scene. But the experience is 100% true, and I still don't know what to make of it.

Think it was 2002/2003, a group of us had a small drinking session. Probably 10 or so people there, half boys, half girls. After a while, the girls wanted to try do a ouija board. One of them had done it before, so she knew how to set it up and what to say. Us guys weren't really interested at all, but after a while thought we might as well go along with it. I was there with Sam Butler who now plays for the Eagles, and before we sat at the table we said to each other we'll just put our fingers on the glass but not push it at all.

So after all the stuff was said at the start - I can't remember what it was, something like if there's a spirit here make a sign or whatever. Nothing happened for a bit, but then it started to move. We all freaked out, obviously, but myself and Sam were still very skeptical about it and were sure the girls were pushing it around. After a few more questions, I think the girl asked for their name. First it went to G, then slowly made it's way to K. Sam pretty much jumped up out of his seat and left the table. I went to ask what was up, and he said it was Noddy.

For those who remember back in 2002, there was a fatal car crash involving a couple of young guys from the West Adelaide footy club. Sam become very good friends with one of those guys at the state champs (pretty sure that's where they met). I'd only ever heard him refer to him at what I thought was Noddy. But when he explained what the initials were, his name was Glen Knott (Knotty). He was pretty freaked out by it, and he assured me he didn't move the glass.

None of us were really too keen to touch it again, but for some reason we got back on the table. Now this next bit is either one of the biggest coincidences in the world, or there really was something going on here.

I can't remember if there was a question or not, but the glass moved from T to V. And memory is quite hazy with this bit, but it might have also said a number... I might be making that bit up, I really can't remember. But someone picked up the remote and turned on the TV and put it on the said channel number.

If anyone can remember back on TV over 10 years ago in South Australia, there were series of community ads featuring John Riddell and what to do in the case of a car emergency. There was one about what to do if you're driving and your tyre blows out, and there was another one telling you what to do if your brakes fail.

So the very first thing that comes on TV is the ad about what to do in the case of brake failure. Now what the hell are the odds of this ad coming on TV at about 1am? Specially after the GK initials, and him passing away from a car accident. It absolutely boggles the mind, and it freaked us the hell out. We got the girl to close the session ASAP and pretty sure we all just went straight home. Didn't really speak much of it at all after that.

I had posted this story on an Adelaide music forum about a year after it happened, and a guy on there mentioned that brake failure might have been the cause of the accident.

I haven't told anyone else (in person) this experience since it happened, pretty much for fear of being ridiculed. Only ever spoke to one of the girls a couple of years ago who was there at the time, and she said it still freaks her out thinking about it.

Got one more little story which was scary as f--k, I'll make another post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My other story, not sure what to make of it.

Went on a small fishing trip with my brother and another mate to one of the small fishing towns in SA. Moonta, Ardrossan or Port Broughton. One of those. Anyway, after having a bit of tea and finishing watching the footy, we headed down to the jetty pretty late at night. Was a perfect night, no wind at all.

We pulled into the car park, and right in front of where we parked, there was a little playground. Now at this playground, there were about 3 or 4 of these things -

stock-photo-children-s-playground-with-two-red-spring-riders-38352034.jpg

As I said, there was no wind at all. Everything was still, except for just 1 of those rides. It was springing madly as if there was a kid going back and forth on it flat knackers. We figured someone must have just walked past it and sprung it (for lack of a better word). But as we sat there watching, it wasn't letting up at all. We were pretty damn scared by it, so we didn't bother getting out of the car so we just drove back to the caravan park. Not sure what was going on there. It was sort of funny at first, but then a little bit crazy.

Like I said in my previous post, I'm fairly skeptical. But these two things have really given me the heebijeebies.

So since you saw him in the reception area, other family member of yours also saw him??

Yes, my cousin and I discussed it afterwards; she saw him too. We've never spoken of it since.

I posted this a few years ago on the GD board when a Ghost thread was started and it took me ages to find. Just reading it again after not really thinking about it for a while sends shivers down my spine and it all flooding back.

I have had an experience which i can not explain and really opened my eyes to thought of all things ghosts when it happened as i never use to be a believer before this event......

My older sister when i was 22yo ( I am now 34 ) went overseas to England for 3 months to see an old friend and asked me to house sit and live in her small house in Altona she was renting at the time while she was away. All started off well until one night about 3 weeks in when i was watching T.V around 9pm with my girlfriend after having dinner and having done the dishes etc around 2 hours prior the kitchen light turned on by itself, i got up straight away as it was only myself and my girlfriend in the house and there was no one in there and the light switch was in the ON position which was weird as i remembered turning it off and it had been for at least an hour. I didn't think much of it and thought the switch may of been faulty and clicked down as it was one of those old switches with the big knob or bit you flick to turn on the light. Nothing else happened that night until the morning when i was up at 6am to go work and went into the kitchen only to find an old filing storage box ( paper kind ) in the smack bang middle of the kitchen table which was no way in hell there when i went to bed the that night and i had never seen it before ever and it contained my sisters old Tax receipts and random documents she filed and liked to keep. I was shocked and asked the girlfriend if she got up in the middle of the night and put it there etc but she said she had not and was starting to freak out a bit so i put it away in a spare room and i had no idea where my sister kept it.

Nothing happened again for 2 weeks or so until ( I remember it clearly to! ) i was watching The footy show in bed with the house locked up and all lights off etc around 10pm when i heard a massive bang of pots and pans from the kitchen which sounded like someone had dropped a heap of them on the tiled floor. I immediately got up running into the kitchen with the cricket bat and my girlfriend about to call 000 from the bedroom thinking someone was in the house and there was NOTHING anywhere in the kitchen out of place...... Everything was the way we left it before going to bed and i was astonished as the noise was 100% from our kitchen which was less than 10 steps away in the house and i was really scared and kept thinking WTF and remembered the light episode before and started to get really worked up and frightened as i was struggling to find a decent explanation.

To cut the story short in the 3 months i was living there i heard footsteps at night , doors open in the morning when i knew they were shut before going to bed , taps coming on by themselves ( slow steady stream not gushing ) more strange light events with them turning on during the night and the place was always cold no matter how high you would have the heater at night and struggled to heat the small lounge room. My girlfriend at the time which is now my wife stills talks about that house today and we have not forgotten that 3 months in there.

Anyway when my sister returned i told her all about it and she said she had seen a ghost in the house and could relate to everything i said and she had experienced it as well and did not want to tell me because i would not of stayed there and she had not seen anything strange for 3 months at least before she left for her holiday etc and thought it may of stopped and that filing box she told me use to be kept in the kitchen in a cupboard above the fridge which was never used as the doors were broken on the hinge and she had junk in there that she never used etc not to mention the height of the cupboard which was weird as i had never seen a cupboard above a fridge cavity before and you needed to stand on a chair to get proper access to it. She moved out when her lease expired that year and i still drive past the house today every now and then and it has been empty for the best part of the last 5 years and very run down.

My story anyway and i can swear not 1 word of this is a lie or made up in any way.

Thanks for the story and a little spooky to read at after 2am!

I am definitely a huge skeptic but I do my best to keep an open mind to things, at worst I like to try and think of logical explanations why seemingly unbelievable or unexplainable things happen.

The thing I can't get my head around though is if there was a ghost, why does the ghost exist to float around the house, flick some lights and knock over some pans? Is it intelligent? Is it doing it to scare you? If ghosts are real is there purpose in life to be trapped in a house and once a week make some tiny adjustment to the house to give people a fright?

It must be intelligent to know how to flick the lights on and off, and if it is intelligent and It has the power to move physical objects why doesn't it grab a pen and communicate with you? Or actually do something useful other than turning the lights on and off :p

I've had a few different experiences. Ouija boards are kind of bad news. I've had experiences with the glass moving quickly across the board trying to break free of the circle, candles burning down quickly and times where the answer comes to you before they even start spelling it out. I've also had the 'old hag' appear during sleep paralysis a few times.

The two freakiest things that happened to me were at my wife's parent's house. This was when we were just dating and we were in separate rooms. I was sleeping in the basement when I woke up at about midnight to my wife sitting on bed facing away from me. She was clear as anything. I couldn't see through her. I moved over and put hand on her shoulder but it passed straight through her. Freaked me out! I jumped up straight away and put on the lights. I actually ran upstairs to check on her because I thought it was her spirit. She was fine but she said she was dreaming of me.

In the same room I experienced something a little darker. I awoke one night and could feel the static in the air. The room was almost a little fuzzy like a TV without reception. Then all of the sudden a dark shadow moved through the door on the right and slowly went through the room and passed through the wall on the left. The wall actually turned into a swirl like a fingerprint and I remember seeing some disturbing images of a body in a river. It certainly wasn't a nice energy.

My experience was not with ghosts and the like, I really don't know what it was but back in 1999 I was in the states, basically just doing a road trip from LA to Dallas where I caught up with some mates and drove back through the deserts of the south along the Mexican border and back up to LA, so most of my trip I was alone
I have a huge interest in Native American culture and stopped at just about every roadside stand or point of interest I could find
Anyway, on the way back I stopped and watched some wood carving by a very old Navajo man who asked me about my travels etc, I told him I was camping in state parks and just enjoying the solitude
During the conversation he told me that I should keep an eye on the sky at night in the desert, you never know what you might see
I took this as the night sky is a sight to behold on the desert, and it is
But a couple of night later I saw something, I can't explain what it was except to say it was bright, it was multi coloured and it was amazing, it twisted and turned and flipped and rolled and it was so fast back and forth across the sky, it was just amazing to watch
I saw it about 3 nights in a row and no more after I crossed back into California
I also was not alone in watching it, most from the campground I was at sat up and watched this light as well
A truly amazing experience

Thanks for the story and a little spooky to read at after 2am!

I am definitely a huge skeptic but I do my best to keep an open mind to things, at worst I like to try and think of logical explanations why seemingly unbelievable or unexplainable things happen.

The thing I can't get my head around though is if there was a ghost, why does the ghost exist to float around the house, flick some lights and knock over some pans? Is it intelligent? Is it doing it to scare you? If ghosts are real is there purpose in life to be trapped in a house and once a week make some tiny adjustment to the house to give people a fright?

It must be intelligent to know how to flick the lights on and off, and if it is intelligent and It has the power to move physical objects why doesn't it grab a pen and communicate with you? Or actually do something useful other than turning the lights on and off :p

For some reason they are trying to connect with us and this is the only way the may know.

Who knows really though and if you could answer this you could make a fair bit money!!

My other story, not sure what to make of it.

Went on a small fishing trip with my brother and another mate to one of the small fishing towns in SA. Moonta, Ardrossan or Port Broughton. One of those. Anyway, after having a bit of tea and finishing watching the footy, we headed down to the jetty pretty late at night. Was a perfect night, no wind at all.

We pulled into the car park, and right in front of where we parked, there was a little playground. Now at this playground, there were about 3 or 4 of these things -

stock-photo-children-s-playground-with-two-red-spring-riders-38352034.jpg

As I said, there was no wind at all. Everything was still, except for just 1 of those rides. It was springing madly as if there was a kid going back and forth on it flat knackers. We figured someone must have just walked past it and sprung it (for lack of a better word). But as we sat there watching, it wasn't letting up at all. We were pretty damn scared by it, so we didn't bother getting out of the car so we just drove back to the caravan park. Not sure what was going on there. It was sort of funny at first, but then a little bit crazy.

Like I said in my previous post, I'm fairly skeptical. But these two things have really given me the heebijeebies.

Reading this story makes me think of this video!

Good thread OP,

The only real experience I have had was with spirits I guess. Abit off topic I know. I posted this somewhere else but I cant remember where.

Let me say before this event I was skeptical to say the least.

I was working as an offsider and we had to go to a deceased estate and collect their belongings. As soon as we pulled up and I hoped out the truck, It felt like something was watching me. A little voice in my head telling me to turn around and get back in the truck. We knocked and knocked but there was no answer. We turn back to the truck and start walking.......I walked the whole back looking back at this house. I had never felt anything like it. I was waiting for the blinds to move..........The hairs on my back are standing up as I type this. That day, there was something telling us not to come into the house. One of the most surreal moments of my life. You had to be there........crazy stuff

Straight up I don't really believe in ghosts or anything paranormal like that. But this is a story that happened to myself and a few mates back in eithe late 2009 or early 2010.

I joined the navy and completed my initial corse training at HMAS Cerberus on the Mornington Peninsula South East Victoria. There was this place we used to go for BBQ's and drinks and to just get away and bum around. It was a little clearing that led to a beach. It was a pretty decent hike to get there from the road. There was a dirt road you could drive down but we'd normally just walk there from base and just camp on the beach with a fire.

We were all pretty sure the fire was illegal so we used to get a bit paranoid about cops coming and telling us off so as soon as we heard anything we'd automatically freak out thinking it was cops.

Anyone one night we were down there. There was about 6 of us (all guys). Two of my mates went for a walk to this old submarine base that was about a five minute walk away. Anyway there were gone for ages and we could hear talking and whispering in the bush behind us. At first we thought it was cops and kind of hit behind trees and stuff. No one emerged on the beach so then we started thinking maybe it was some locals. We tried to sneak up behind the whispers and voices to see who it was but the more we walked around the more the voice seemed to be surrounding us. We started freaking out thinking we were going to get robbed or something and ran back to the beach. One of our mates was asleep on the beach. we didnt even notice that we left him there. We decided that we should get our other mates from the subs base and bring them back here. I went with another mate and headed to the sub base. After about 300meters into the bush we could see shadows moving and the voices were back. We ran at the shadows but they would just vanish when we got to where they were. Then we'd look around and they would be moving around behind us. Then we could hear the voice above us in the trees. We ran to the sub base and saw our mates. They said that they had heard people in the sub base with them but after walking around they could not find any body. We told them about what happened to us and then ran back to the beach.

When we got back there was no one there. We called out to our mates and one came. He said that he went for a piss and when he came back our mate that was asleep on the ground had vanished when he got back. There were no foot steps or anything around the place apart from the ones that were clearly ours. And it didnt even look like he had gotten up as there were no marks in the sand apart from the spot that he was lying in. We started to really freak out and then went looking for him. We thought he might of walked back to base and then started running up the road trying to catch him off. After getting about half way we decided if he was walking back we would of caught up to him by now so we went back to the beach and there he was, asleep in the exact same spot he was in before as if he had never moved. We were more annoyed than anything else and when we woke him up to ask where the hell he had been he just started screaming.

Eventually he stopped and calmed down and we were like what the hell is wrong? He said he had no idea, apart from the fact that he just didnt feel ok about anything. And he wanted to go back to base. He didnt want to be on the beach. He wouldn't say why though, just that he didn't feel right being there.

The whole way back we could still hear the voice and whispering around us and above us and it really felt like we were being watched.

Horrible night really lol we never went back there again after that night.

There should be some lock on this forum so you can't read it at night

Was reading it last night when there was a bang outside (probably from the wind) but praise jebus did it scare the crap out of me, had to stop reading ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back