Personal Experience Your own Experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Back in the early 90's I worked in various security roles whilst at Uni. One night, I got a call out to a Magistrates Court in Melbourne's west as the internal alarm had been triggered. I got there and there seemed no sign of break in so opened up, turned on the lights and walked down the aisle of the courtroom to switch off the alarm which was located on the Magistrates desk. So picture a room set up similar to a church with an aisle in the middle and chairs/wooden bench seats either side. I walked up the aisle, stepped up to the desk, re-set the alarm and turned around to walk out and there was a *en chair sitting in the middle of the aisle I JUST WALKED DOWN!.
I froze and did not move for 10 minutes before gathering the courage to get the hell out of there!!

Straight up I don't really believe in ghosts or anything paranormal like that. But this is a story that happened to myself and a few mates back in eithe late 2009 or early 2010.

I joined the navy and completed my initial corse training at HMAS Cerberus on the Mornington Peninsula South East Victoria. There was this place we used to go for BBQ's and drinks and to just get away and bum around. It was a little clearing that led to a beach. It was a pretty decent hike to get there from the road. There was a dirt road you could drive down but we'd normally just walk there from base and just camp on the beach with a fire.

We were all pretty sure the fire was illegal so we used to get a bit paranoid about cops coming and telling us off so as soon as we heard anything we'd automatically freak out thinking it was cops.

Anyone one night we were down there. There was about 6 of us (all guys). Two of my mates went for a walk to this old submarine base that was about a five minute walk away. Anyway there were gone for ages and we could hear talking and whispering in the bush behind us. At first we thought it was cops and kind of hit behind trees and stuff. No one emerged on the beach so then we started thinking maybe it was some locals. We tried to sneak up behind the whispers and voices to see who it was but the more we walked around the more the voice seemed to be surrounding us. We started freaking out thinking we were going to get robbed or something and ran back to the beach. One of our mates was asleep on the beach. we didnt even notice that we left him there. We decided that we should get our other mates from the subs base and bring them back here. I went with another mate and headed to the sub base. After about 300meters into the bush we could see shadows moving and the voices were back. We ran at the shadows but they would just vanish when we got to where they were. Then we'd look around and they would be moving around behind us. Then we could hear the voice above us in the trees. We ran to the sub base and saw our mates. They said that they had heard people in the sub base with them but after walking around they could not find any body. We told them about what happened to us and then ran back to the beach.

When we got back there was no one there. We called out to our mates and one came. He said that he went for a piss and when he came back our mate that was asleep on the ground had vanished when he got back. There were no foot steps or anything around the place apart from the ones that were clearly ours. And it didnt even look like he had gotten up as there were no marks in the sand apart from the spot that he was lying in. We started to really freak out and then went looking for him. We thought he might of walked back to base and then started running up the road trying to catch him off. After getting about half way we decided if he was walking back we would of caught up to him by now so we went back to the beach and there he was, asleep in the exact same spot he was in before as if he had never moved. We were more annoyed than anything else and when we woke him up to ask where the hell he had been he just started screaming.

Eventually he stopped and calmed down and we were like what the hell is wrong? He said he had no idea, apart from the fact that he just didnt feel ok about anything. And he wanted to go back to base. He didnt want to be on the beach. He wouldn't say why though, just that he didn't feel right being there.

The whole way back we could still hear the voice and whispering around us and above us and it really felt like we were being watched.

Horrible night really lol we never went back there again after that night.
This story is disgustingly creepy

Like it could be made into a box office horror film

Yes many, might post them in time. I dont really fell like going into detail since my last long winded crazy post on this board (which I only found today btw) so hello.

Earliest memory was as a kid diving into a pool with my floaty (one around my waist as I was like pretty young at the time) Why I remember this was because it had such a profound effect that made me question everything early. As I jumped into the pool I remember being Stuck in the air looking down... I saw myself on the bottom of the pool whilst I hung out in the air...I saw my brother drop his drink and how it spilt all over his food and kick a chair as he dove in to get me. I told him all this and whilst he confirms what I saw, had no reason to explain how I saw it. Cos all he saw was me jump in and shoot to the bottom, through the floaty.. Now I dont remember being dragged out of the water, but I kinda came too afterwards and was left spooked.

Now I know better - astral traveling is fun.

Just had a look then. Yeah, that's pretty crazy. Specially if you read the comment by the organisers. Would be good to get that verified by anyone who works at the ground. At first I was thinking how the hell could anyone notice that, but then if you go to the Facebook site and view it in full, it's pretty noticeable.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/ghost-sighting-good-life-festival-confirmed-organisers/

OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON THE GOOD LIFE GHOST

Good Life Management have been made aware of a photo from Good Life Brisbane 2016, showing what appears to be the ghost of a young girl holding a teddy and hovering on the roof of a building over looking the festival. We have checked with the photographer who took the photo and the original image from the memory stick also shows the girl. We have since spoken with the Brisbane Showgrounds who have revealed that ground staff refuse to go near one of the old warehouses after repeated sightings of a young girl. It is rumoured a little girl named Lucy died at the site in the early 1900's and has haunted it since.

We will continue to investigate and bring you updates as more info comes to hand.

good-life-Facebook-Cropped-671x377.jpg

ghost2.jpg

Just had a look then. Yeah, that's pretty crazy. Specially if you read the comment by the organisers. Would be good to get that verified by anyone who works at the ground. At first I was thinking how the hell could anyone notice that, but then if you go to the Facebook site and view it in full, it's pretty noticeable.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/ghost-sighting-good-life-festival-confirmed-organisers/

good-life-Facebook-Cropped-671x377.jpg

ghost2.jpg

What is she, the ghost of a giant?

Regardless, pretty certain that is one of those ghost apps. The middle frame above is far too sharp and defined compared to what is in front of it.

Ghost app? Even tho it showed up on the camera original?

So they say.

I'm playing dumb, I'm pretty sure I saw this one was debunked a few weeks back. Maybe Reddit. Put down as marketing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back in the early 90's I worked in various security roles whilst at Uni. One night, I got a call out to a Magistrates Court in Melbourne's west as the internal alarm had been triggered. I got there and there seemed no sign of break in so opened up, turned on the lights and walked down the aisle of the courtroom to switch off the alarm which was located on the Magistrates desk. So picture a room set up similar to a church with an aisle in the middle and chairs/wooden bench seats either side. I walked up the aisle, stepped up to the desk, re-set the alarm and turned around to walk out and there was a ****en chair sitting in the middle of the aisle I JUST WALKED DOWN!.
I froze and did not move for 10 minutes before gathering the courage to get the hell out of there!!

when you froze and didnt move (for 10 mins) did you at least look around or were you frozen with head in direction of the chair?

What is she, the ghost of a giant?

Regardless, pretty certain that is one of those ghost apps. The middle frame above is far too sharp and defined compared to what is in front of it.

spot on. the girl looks mighty big

2016-05-20-12-18-07--1363713582.jpeg
:p
I looked around and tried to rationalise what I was looking at..Maybe I missed it and walked right past it.
When I finally came to the conclusion that there was no way I could have simply walked past it, I got the * out of there quick smart.
When i got back to the control room, they all giggled as most of the guys had experienced 'weird s**t' out there...

Years ago, the missus and I moved into my grandparents house, basically keep a eye on my grandma and save money, a month after we moved my grandma had a fall and was taken to hospital, little while after that, she moved into a nursing home to recover.

that night in the middle of the night, we heard the sliding door open, woke me up straight away, then heard footsteps walk into the room, walk upto the side off the bed and stop on the side where my grandma used to sleep, after about 30 secs heard the footsteps walk away and the door close.

Over the next few months, lots off noises was heard, lights coming on randomly, when my grandma died a few months later, I dropped off mum at the airport after the funeral, when I got home, I could hear laughing out the back, went and checked and nothing or nobody was there, since that day nothing else has happened, kinda dissapointed as we know it's family.

The other experience was on a ghost tour at the old lunatic asylum here in adelaide, I could feel my shirt being pulled, the lady doing the tour said afterwards, people have had experiences in that cell, such as shirts being pulled or touched

My great grandfather died when I was 3 or so but this man was such a spiritual fellow. When I was 5 years old my mum saw me downstairs at like 5am with a cup of juice talking to myself and asked me what I was doing and I told her I was talking to my great grandfather. I do not remember this moment but apparently I was deadly serious and told her that he had to go because she turned up.
This same man put $100 note in my parents wedding card as a gift which is generous and not too spooky but my parents got married in London, had no ties to Australia and didn't move here for another 10 or so years after their wedding. He had died by the time we all moved to Australia and the really weird thing is my mum didn't find it until 5 or so years ago when she was really strapped for cash and was looking in drawers and whatnot for any loose change. Even odder was that the letter was in An old trunk at the foot of her bed where she keeps her shoes and where she most certainly did not put it and it hadn't been opened but she reckons she vividly remembers opening his card cause he wrote a poem inside it that she used to recite to me and my siblings when we were younger.
I really do believe in guardian angels 100% and believe my great grandfather is our family's guardian angel and/or his spirit is watching over us.

Straight up I don't really believe in ghosts or anything paranormal like that. But this is a story that happened to myself and a few mates back in eithe late 2009 or early 2010.

I joined the navy and completed my initial corse training at HMAS Cerberus on the Mornington Peninsula South East Victoria. There was this place we used to go for BBQ's and drinks and to just get away and bum around. It was a little clearing that led to a beach. It was a pretty decent hike to get there from the road. There was a dirt road you could drive down but we'd normally just walk there from base and just camp on the beach with a fire.

We were all pretty sure the fire was illegal so we used to get a bit paranoid about cops coming and telling us off so as soon as we heard anything we'd automatically freak out thinking it was cops.

Anyone one night we were down there. There was about 6 of us (all guys). Two of my mates went for a walk to this old submarine base that was about a five minute walk away. Anyway there were gone for ages and we could hear talking and whispering in the bush behind us. At first we thought it was cops and kind of hit behind trees and stuff. No one emerged on the beach so then we started thinking maybe it was some locals. We tried to sneak up behind the whispers and voices to see who it was but the more we walked around the more the voice seemed to be surrounding us. We started freaking out thinking we were going to get robbed or something and ran back to the beach. One of our mates was asleep on the beach. we didnt even notice that we left him there. We decided that we should get our other mates from the subs base and bring them back here. I went with another mate and headed to the sub base. After about 300meters into the bush we could see shadows moving and the voices were back. We ran at the shadows but they would just vanish when we got to where they were. Then we'd look around and they would be moving around behind us. Then we could hear the voice above us in the trees. We ran to the sub base and saw our mates. They said that they had heard people in the sub base with them but after walking around they could not find any body. We told them about what happened to us and then ran back to the beach.

When we got back there was no one there. We called out to our mates and one came. He said that he went for a piss and when he came back our mate that was asleep on the ground had vanished when he got back. There were no foot steps or anything around the place apart from the ones that were clearly ours. And it didnt even look like he had gotten up as there were no marks in the sand apart from the spot that he was lying in. We started to really freak out and then went looking for him. We thought he might of walked back to base and then started running up the road trying to catch him off. After getting about half way we decided if he was walking back we would of caught up to him by now so we went back to the beach and there he was, asleep in the exact same spot he was in before as if he had never moved. We were more annoyed than anything else and when we woke him up to ask where the hell he had been he just started screaming.

Eventually he stopped and calmed down and we were like what the hell is wrong? He said he had no idea, apart from the fact that he just didnt feel ok about anything. And he wanted to go back to base. He didnt want to be on the beach. He wouldn't say why though, just that he didn't feel right being there.

The whole way back we could still hear the voice and whispering around us and above us and it really felt like we were being watched.

Horrible night really lol we never went back there again after that night.
Wow...this gave me goosebumps. Sounds like demons...which scares the Christ out of me. Do you still speak to that mate that was asleep? Has he been haunted from this moment?

Weirest thing that happened to me, and I don't really think it was anything, more my mind playing tricks on me, was a few years back, in bed, in that strange sort of almot asleep stage. I was lying on my back, eyes closed, and I had this strange sensation, as though someone was laying on top of me, with their face right up against my face, like noses touching, staring right at me. I sat straight up, and obviously there was nobodoy there.

I thought maybe it was one of my boys, who share a room right next to ours. You know if you've got young kids, sometimes they come into your room at night, for whatever reason, and tend to just stand next to you, and stare at you, or gently whisper, which wakes you straight away, and scares the s**t out of you!! But I went into their room, and they were both fast asleep.

I told my wife, and she was like "why the hell did you tell me that, that's scary as s**t" It was really weird, and I'm sure it was just a weird half asleep dream, but it did freak me out a bit.

Ive never really had personal experiences (that im fully aware of) but i do have a pretty cool story my grandmother told me (she was never, ever one to lie)...

My grandmother migrated here from Cyprus in the 50's with my grandfather, my grandad used to wake up very early for work so he would stay in a seperate room to my grandmother so he didnt wake her up when he left. One night my grandmother suddenly woke up for no apparent reason, only to see her mother standing at the end of her bed dressed in all white (her mother lived in cyprus), with a tear running down her face. As my grandmother went to talk to her, she disappeared into thin air right infront of her eyes. She immediately got up and wrote down the date because she felt as if her mother was saying goodbye and wanted to see her one last time.

A while later my grandmother received a letter from Cyprus (the way they communicated with eachother), telling her that her mother had passed away suddenly on the exact date that she had appeared in her bedroom.

My mum always tells me that she believes my grandmother had something special about her, and this type of thing would happen to her frequently.

Another quick one involving her.....

Ill never forget the night she passed away, i had fallen asleep on the couch when my family came rushing in telling me they were going to hospital because grandma was almost gone (kidney failure). I loved her so much i couldnt bare to see her in that state so i decided to stay home. I shed a few tears and eventually fell back asleep.

I dreamt of my doorbell ringing, and me answering to door to her standing there as healthy as ever with a big smile on her face. She gave me a huge hug and told me she loved me.

As i pulled back from the hug i woke up suddenly to my phone going off, it was my mum calling me to tell me grandma had just passed away.

Weirest thing that happened to me, and I don't really think it was anything, more my mind playing tricks on me, was a few years back, in bed, in that strange sort of almot asleep stage. I was lying on my back, eyes closed, and I had this strange sensation, as though someone was laying on top of me, with their face right up against my face, like noses touching, staring right at me. I sat straight up, and obviously there was nobodoy there.

I thought maybe it was one of my boys, who share a room right next to ours. You know if you've got young kids, sometimes they come into your room at night, for whatever reason, and tend to just stand next to you, and stare at you, or gently whisper, which wakes you straight away, and scares the s**t out of you!! But I went into their room, and they were both fast asleep.

I told my wife, and she was like "why the hell did you tell me that, that's scary as s**t" It was really weird, and I'm sure it was just a weird half asleep dream, but it did freak me out a bit.
This was a hypnagogic hallucination.

I had one when I was younger. Dreamt someone shot a gun (maybe at me? Can't remember), and was jolted awake. But my ears didn't wake up apparently and I immediately then "heard" several more shots go off from the other side of my bedroom.

Weird experience. These are rare events of course but apparently most ppl have at least one at some stage. Probably only the dramatic ones are remembered!

When my mother died I jumped in the car to head to my sister's house and the first song on the radio was Knocking On Heaven's Door, which was interesting because I hadn't heard it for over a decade.

As in a couple of the above posts, my brother was in bed one night and his girlfriend was in a different bed in the same room. He told me he woke up during the night and saw a girl standing at the foot of her bed but thought he must have been dreaming. When they awoke in the morning his girlfriend asked him if he saw a girl standing at the foot of his bed during the night. There were no other girls staying at or living in the house at the time.

Nice thread. Iv personally had 2 experiences.
The 1st still chills me. I was 16 at the the time and working on a wheat and sheep farm in the West Australian wheatbelt. Iv grown up around guns and things like that and the farm owner had a lot of trust in me, drank up the pub despite being underage and drove cars and bikes etc. The farm owner was also a horse breeder and he had 1 horse that was trained to be able to shoot rifles from its back, im not a great rider but Mick often asked me to ride him (i forget the horses name). 1 day Mick asked at about 3pm to jump on his horse and take him right up the back of his property to exercise him, i saddled uo the horse and grabbed my rifle, packed some food and water and set out like i had done dozens of times before. By the time i hit the back paddocks of the property it was dark but it was a good moon and my eyes had fully adjusted into night mode, picked off heaps of bunnies and a few roos and all was good. The back line of this property edged onto national park and was pretty rugged, all was good until this horse started freaking out and getting all twitchy and within minutes he was acting badly as if something in the national park scrub was stalking him. Next thing i know the horse was facing the bush stamping the ground like a freak and charged at the fence line but thankfully stopped, he reared up and danced on rear legs for a few seconds before turning around and making a mad bolt across the paddock. I wasnt a great rider and really stuggled to hold on as this horse was in full sprint mode. I had no control over where he was going but he knew exactly where the gate was which was open and he kept sprinting until we hit a public red dirt road, he slowed and then stopped and i thought this bloody horse was about to die on me and id have to walk the few ks back home. I wasnt scared at this point in time and i realized that this horse had stopped because the gate he wanted to go through was closed, so i pulled my foot out of the stirrup to get off him when i heard the god aweful scretching, squealing, ear piercing noise. I just cannot describe that noise properly, it went on for about 10 seconds. The horse again freaked out and bolted, i was dead scared now and felt 1 with the horse as we belted a couple of ks up the public road, i managed to turn him left at a T junction which lead to the homestead. I hate to think of my terror if the horse had bucked me off at any point or if I got off the horse a second earlier to open the gate. The farm owner thought i was mad and we couldnt see anything up the back paddocks when we went there the next day but there was something very strange in them bushes that night, possibly from out of this world.

2nd i was sleeping at a mates house and was going through a tough time personally. I woke up in the middle of the night in a pitch black room and felt a presence. I lookes over at the door and saw a figure blacker then the room just standing there. I sat there a bit stunned and then the figure started moving away from the door and down the side of the bed. I could feel that he was a ghost or something and freaked out, layed down and rolled over and said that i dont want anything to do with this. I quickly peered back and the figure was moving back in the direction of the door. I felt a bit more at ease and asked who the figure was which resulted in words runing through my head. He said, "its your grandfather son, everything is going to be alright son". My grandfather died earlier that year, the next day i met my future wife and a few weeks later i landed a very good and high paying job. I think my pop was just letting me know he had my back even in the afterlife, i just had to hit rock bottom to appreciate life more.

Last edited:
Nice thread. Iv personally had 2 experiences.
The 1st still chills me. I was 16 at the the time and working on a wheat and sheep farm in the West Australian wheatbelt. Iv grown up around guns and things like that and the farm owner had a lot of trust in me, drank up the pub despite being underage and drove cars and bikes etc. The farm owner was also a horse breeder and he had 1 horse that was trained to be able to shoot rifles from its back, im not a great rider but Mick often asked me to ride him (i forget the horses name). 1 day Mick asked at about 3pm to jump on his horse and take him right up the back of his property to exercise him, i saddled uo the horse and grabbed my rifle, packed some food and water and set out like i had done dozens of times before. By the time i hit the back paddocks of the property it was dark but it was a good moon and my eyes had fully adjusted into night mode, picked off heaps of bunnies and a few roos and all was good. The back line of this property edged onto national park and was pretty rugged, all was good until this horse started freaking out and getting all twitchy and within minutes he was acting badly as if something in the national park scrub was stalking him. Next thing i know the horse was facing the bush stamping the ground like a freak and charged at the fence line but thankfully stopped, he reared up and danced on rear legs for a few seconds before turning around and making a mad bolt across the paddock. I wasnt a great rider and really stuggled to hold on as this horse was in full sprint mode. I had no control over where he was going but he knew exactly where the gate was which was open and he kept sprinting until we hit a public red dirt road, he slowed and then stopped and i thought this bloody horse was about to die on me and id have to walk the few ks back home. I wasnt scared at this point in time and i realized that this horse had stopped because the gate he wanted to go through was closed, so i pulled my foot out of the stirrup to get off him when i heard the god aweful scretching, squealing, ear piercing noise. I just cannot describe that noise properly, it went on for about 10 seconds. The horse again freaked out and bolted, i was dead scared now and felt 1 with the horse as we belted a couple of ks up the public road, i managed to turn him left at a T junction which lead to the homestead. I hate to think of my terror if the horse had bucked me off at any point or if I got off the horse a second earlier to open the gate. The farm owner thought i was mad and we couldnt see anything up the back paddocks when we went there the next day but there was something very strange in them bushes that night, possibly from out of this world.

2nd i was sleeping at a mates house and was going through a tough time personally. I woke up in the middle of the night in a pitch black room and felt a presence. I lookes over at the door and saw a figure blacker then the room just standing there. I sat there a bit stunned and then the figure started moving away from the door and down the side of the bed. I could feel that he was a ghost or something and freaked out, layed down and rolled over and said that i dont want anything to do with this. I quickly peered back and the figure was moving back in the direction of the door. I felt a bit more at ease and asked who the figure was which resulted in words runing through my head. He said, "its your grandfather son, everything is going to be alright son". My grandfather died earlier that year, the next day i met my future wife and a few weeks later i landed a very good and high paying job. I think my pop was just letting me know he had my back even in the afterlife, i just had to hit rock bottom to appreciate life more.

The reaction of your horse and the screech makes me think of the pumas that have been reported in south west WA. There's a book called Savage Shadow, written about 30 years ago now but a good read about WA big cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back