Personal Experience Your own Experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Dude it was clearly a joke... do you really think I’ve slept with Miranda Kerr or whoever it was I claimed? The only one bold enough to invent stuff like that and stand by it is GG.exe
Of course what you said regarding Miranda Kerr was a joke how could anyone read it differently. But a true meaning of a joke can change if the actual message behind the joke is not a joke. This changes the context of a joke, this is what I was asking. So if the original poster stated he had what felt like a realistic dream of a sister. Your response could have been jokingly, that you yourself had a dream of Miranda Kerr so you must be an idiot, directing this toward the original post, if you think your dream has any real substance. Different but similar if you had just got a haircut, a group of girls approached and one of the girl says wow what a great haircut but when you turn your back they are giggling to each other. Jokes can carry different messages just like comments.

Last edited:
Son just got in and was sitting on the end of my bed having a chat when this tap tap tap noise caught our attention. Big brass mirror on the wall was shaking from side to side, we're both staring at it wondering wtf then suddenly, it bounced and flew off the wall landing flat glass down smashed all over the floor.

We're just staring at each other, then back to the mirror on the floor speechless for several seconds until my son broke the spell when he said in this high pitched squeaky voice I'd actually never heard before "Move into the light ........"

Son just got in and was sitting on the end of my bed having a chat when this tap tap tap noise caught our attention. Big brass mirror on the wall was shaking from side to side, we're both staring at it wondering wtf then suddenly, it bounced and flew off the wall landing flat glass down smashed all over the floor.

We're just staring at each other, then back to the mirror on the floor speechless for several seconds until my son broke the spell when he said in this high pitched squeaky voice I'd actually never heard before "Move into the light ........"
What time was it? I was hitting a few practice balls with my 9-iron around 2pm and took a HUGE divot on one of the shots. I know I'm a long way away but it was a pretty big divot.

What time was it? I was hitting a few practice balls with my 9-iron around 2pm and took a HUGE divot on one of the shots. I know I'm a long way away but it was a pretty big divot.

Well can you aim your divots towards the enemy please Sprockets because the next time something flew off the wall, it was the glass oven door when I was cooking a roast and one corner of it literally went straight through my foot and speared it to the floor.

That was it, true story though. Nothing else was wobbling on the walls, just this big brass mirror.
So your son, in a high pitched squeaky voice you'd never heard before goes "Move into the light ........"

And you think nothing of it and go on with your day? Didn't even question him?

So your son, in a high pitched squeaky voice you'd never heard before goes "Move into the light ........"

And you think nothing of it and go on with your day? Didn't even question him?

No, I thought he must have seen that old movie Poltergeist somewhere

Mirrors are portals for spirit beings to enter your home.

Mirrors are portals for spirit beings to enter your home.

so are fridges

giphy.gif

Here’s something odd.

Had a dream last night that I was talking to a demon that had tentacles for a face that was telling me that it fed on human misery and that the best kind of misery was that inflicted by those that genuinely loved the person who was hurting them.

I asked a friend about it and she said that I should tell Cthulhu to stop visiting my dreams...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was it talking about the pain Port Adelaide FC is inflicting on you currently?

I’m a Hermetist and a Stoic. That sort of thing doesn’t affect me at all because I know I have no control over it.

on a serious note was that just a bit freaky?

was it one of the dreams that you knew was a dream so it wasn't too bad or one of those dreams that you thought was real?

It felt real.

But it wasn’t freaky. It was more like...hmm...like it was just what this thing did. It wasn’t evil, it was just it’s nature. Like a shark.

It is almost Samhain so the veil between worlds is at its thinnest.

It felt real.

But it wasn’t freaky. It was more like...hmm...like it was just what this thing did. It wasn’t evil, it was just it’s nature. Like a shark.

It is almost Samhain so the veil between worlds is at its thinnest.
I had the best dream I've had for many years last night but can't remember what it was. For the last 10 years or so all of my dreams have been mini nightmares, where I was trying to do something but couldn't, like playing golf but couldn't get to hit the ball because I had the wrong club or the ball fell off the tee when I was lining up.

Before I go to bed I take a (prescribed) Mirtazapine tablet, which are known to cause unusual dreams, and that's certainly been the case. My dreams are always interesting, although frustrating.

*Bit of a long winded story but i never really talk about this stuff with anyone so getting a chance to write it down is good*

My personal experience is pretty crappy compared to most in here. Just had a few odd coincidences in my life that i've never really thought too much of but always had at the edge of my mind. I don't know if there are any NT folk here, but the Poinciana woman at East Point in Darwin is one i was always scared of, and convinced myself that i had seen lights, doors slamming etc. Was never sure though. Some other ones that are a bit less easily explained:

Music Box:
Grandpa brought Nan one of those old wind up music boxes with the ballerina in it when he moved over to Darwin from the Czech Republic, and gave it to her on their wedding night. Lasted about 15 years, then was blown out of the house when Cyclone Tracy destroyed the place. She found it during cleanup but it didn't make any noise any more. He ended up having a due to his injuries from Tracy and died in hospital about 6 months later. Skip forward to 2014, on their 55th wedding anniversary, I was at her house with her and we heard a faint noise coming from her room. Both walked in, and the balarina had popped out of the box, spinning and playing the tune. No real logical answer behind why it would suddenly play 40 years later (not to mention it would have needed to be winded up by someone).

Son:
My partner was 4 weeks pregnant with him (we didn't know at that stage) and saw a psychic after we moved to Adelaide, because she thought that could help her depression/sleep paralysis. Whilst there, the psychic said something like "i feel a familiar spirit in the room" and mentioned it was coming from around my partner, but not her specifically. Turns out she was pregnant. Anyway, 9 months passed, baby was born etc etc. Fat little grumpy bugger in his early days, never showed any affection or liked to smile.
He was at my partner's dad house, sitting on the couch with her and the dog, when all of a sudden he started giggling and smiling, reaching his hands out, towards the corner of the room. Going off his normal temperament, that was a little odd. Then the dog started growling and barking aggressively, towards the exact same spot in the room! Partner freaked and called me, and i freaked a bit as it was my grandma's 15 year anniversary since her passing (different grandma from above,). Over the next year or so, he constantly laughed and played with something in his room. Once he could start talking and walking, it's gotten worse. He used to tell us that a man watched him sleep in his cot, that there is a little girl that stands in our walk-in-wardrobe in our room as she's not allowed to leave, he runs into our room at all hours of the night screaming that someone wants to get him, told the ladies at kindy that "his friend" told him to cut mummy and daddy. All the stuff i figured was just an active imagination/maybe he'd snuck out of his room and seen us watching TV. The one that got me though, recently he was sitting on the couch watching TV with us, and then randomly stood up, grabbed his craft box, and walked out into the backyard. He sat outside on the pavement, putting stickers all over a piece of paper and was giggling like he was doing it with someone else. We walked out to check on him, and he looked up at us saying "I'm doing stickers with Mim, she's from Darwin".

This scared the crap out of me, and my whole family when i called them and told them because : when i was a kid, she used to get me to put stickers on everything because i was a terrible drawer, i called her Mim as a kid because it was close to Mum, and she was from Darwin. I'd never mentioned her name to him, where she was from or anything and he knew it all.

Combined with the weird giggles on her death anniversary right after he was born, I'm just royally freaked out by this and don't really know how to react/what to do/whether im just going crazy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back