Personal Experience Your own Experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, first of all, this wasn’t a nightmare, even though it’s going to sound like it. I’ve read that if you dream about demons it means that they are visiting you.

I was in this city which was being overrun not by zombies, but by demons who were possessing people. And it was kind of like the Walking Dead - with non-possessed people trying to survive. Anyway, for some reason Matthew McConaughey was this bad ass demon hunter dressed in all black driving a blacked out Dodge Ram with all these spikes over it, and we had all escaped out of the city only to find that a dear friend and a bunch of other people were trapped in the subway tunnels and all the demons could be trapped in there with them if we moved some trains to block the exits.

Anyway, I say “Nope, we’re going to rescue them. I’ll do it by myself if I have to.” And the only person who comes with me is McConaughey. And he’s all like “What if this friend of yours has been possessed? Are you ready to kill her?”

Anyway, we get there and sure enough that’s exactly what has happened. So I make a deal with the head demon and say that if it lets her and the others go safely, it can possess me instead...cause I’m chivalrous like that 🙂 I think it ended up being a trick though...like I’d given my soul to someone else so there was nothing to possess or something...or maybe I was already...

Like I said...it sounds scary, but it wasn’t at all.

Last edited:
To continue on with the same theme:

Had a other weird dream last night - I was in a meeting room in a luxurious hotel, watching someone negotiate a contract with a guy who looked very much like Blade. Blade was saying “Just sign the contract and all your financial problems will disappear,” then pulled out a wad of $100 bills and put it on the table. “Consider this $10k a taste of what’s to come.” Only for some reason there were two $1 bills at the bottom of the stack (11), so the impression I got was that it was fool’s gold.

And that’s when I realised it. I wasn’t in a hotel at all.

I was in hell. And I was watching someone selling their soul for fame and fortune.

So then it became a case of “I have to get to the roof of this place” and there were all these auto turrets and s**t that were designed to stop you from doing it...so the only way was to either climb the stairs or use the elevator. And I’m walking through the lobby and all these people are just mingling having a good time, laughing and drinking...and all I can see are the demons that are laughing and drinking with them. And every single one of the demons would stop what they were doing as I walked past and turn to look at me. They didn’t do anything other than that.

Anyway, the climax of the dream was waiting for the elevator. I’m there waiting by myself, I’m in massive amounts of pain because of my back (which is playing up at the moment). Then this group of old ladies comes along right when the elevator reaches the lobby. “You take this one, ladies...I’ll take the stairs.”

Why?

Because I’m climbing a stairway to heaven 😀 😛

And that’s when I realised it. I wasn’t in a hotel at all.

I was in hell. And I was watching someone selling their soul for fame and fortune.

Had a dream I was in hell once. And there was nothing. You are on your own wandering in the dark and you have no way out. It was unnerving.
You should start a thread on weird dreams Janus

Here's one. Was contemplating things and I had the weirdest animal dream. A shark was attacking but someone I knew caught it and it was like a little Gold Fish but with sharp teeth. Just needed to stay away.

And then I was visited by some cats. Like pet cats. And then they shed their skins like a snake and that was that.

Which is so weird as I've had and posted some really "interesting" ones but they haven't repeated and instead there are these weird random ones.

Within the last week, I started to get an odd feeling that I would be hearing from my ex.

Hadn't heard from her for well over a year and there is no significant reason for her to contact me at this time of year.

Sure enough, yesterday I received a phone call from out of the blue...
Did you hit pay dirt?

You should start a thread on weird dreams Janus

Dream?

I forgot to mention that I went to sleep at 3:33 am.

I believe I was in the dimension called hell, just in an astral form. It’s a nice place...well, the place where the demons live is anyway. Why would they choose to spend their time with the refuse of society? It wasn’t violence that led to the fall of the angels, but the fact that they “noticed the daughters of men, that they were good looking, so they began to take wives for themselves.” So demons like the best bits of being human.

The hell that people fear? It’s right here.

Dream?

I believe I was in the dimension called hell, just in an astral form. It’s a nice place...well, the place where the demons live is anyway. Why would they choose to spend their time with the refuse of society? It wasn’t violence that led to the fall of the angels, but the fact that they “noticed the daughters of men, that they were good looking, so they began to take wives for themselves.” So demons like the best bits of being human.

That's some heavy s**t you must be smoking...

Dream?

I don't see how any of your "dream" posts can be described as paranormal in any way.

My dreams are just bizarre and I usually forget them within minutes of waking up. But a couple of times, I've died in my dream. Once from falling from a great height and I woke upon hitting the ground. Another time I was shot in the head and woke up feeling a stab of pain in my head o_O

Before anyone asks, I've never smoked anything unusual, used narcotics or eaten strange mushrooms!

Had this terrible experience last night where I woke up and saw Usman Khawaja in my room, he said ‘I’ll make a ton tomorrow’. Didn’t know what to believe; the fact I saw him in my room or the bit about him making a ton!

The most common dream i have is falling from the sky and the dream ending as/ just before i hit the ground. Also have a lot of dreams that i become aware of but wake up soon after. Have also never had a wet dream (touch wood) but am known for waking up with a rock hard piss fat. Had a friend that would book herself in for the night purely because she was a lock to get it at the sparrows fart

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most common dream i have is falling from the sky and the dream ending as/ just before i hit the ground. Also have a lot of dreams that i become aware of but wake up soon after. Have also never had a wet dream (touch wood) but am known for waking up with a rock hard piss fat. Had a friend that would book herself in for the night purely because she was a lock to get it at the sparrows fart
Touching wood might help you get there.

Wet dreams are surprisingly delightful

I know the below story will be impossible to ever verify but it was still a bit strange.

Yesterday it was 1 year since my Wife's Grandma passed away, however neither of us realised it was the 1 year anniversary until late yesterday evening, so the events that took place during the day which I will explain shortly were all prior to my wife remembering that it had been 1 year since her Grandma passed.

before i explain what happened it is important to note that my wife was pregnant during the last year of her Grandma's life, she sadly passed 3 months before our son was born so she never got to meet him. But before she passed, we told her the name we were using for our son as it tied back into her family. no one else knew the time so it was a special thing for her to know.

Fast forward to yesterday, our 8 month old was just doing his usual crawling around and standing up holding onto the couch etc and my wife was just casually watching him and she noticed he started staring at something in the kitchen, smiling and then looking back at my wife. he kept looking back at something in the kitchen and smiling then looking back at my wife maybe 5-6 times as if someone was referencing her and he was looking back for approval etc.

Wife thought nothing of it at the time, just that it was a bit of weird behaviour.

She put him in his cot for his afternoon sleep and she swears a few times when glancing at the monitor that she saw different / other movements or shadows, again thought nothing of it.

And for large parts of the day when she was doing stuff around the house she said she had this feeling that someone was there watching, I'm sure we have all felt that at some stage, but again didn't think anything of it.

It wasn't until later that evening that it was realised it was the year anniversary of her Grandma passing and we both got a bit freaked out and jumped to the same conclusion that maybe, just maybe our little man was looking at his Great Grandma who was in the kitchen paying him a visit.

Like I said I know we will never ever be able to verify any of that, but it was certainly an interesting sequence of events, so who knows.

I know the below story will be impossible to ever verify but it was still a bit strange.

Yesterday it was 1 year since my Wife's Grandma passed away, however neither of us realised it was the 1 year anniversary until late yesterday evening, so the events that took place during the day which I will explain shortly were all prior to my wife remembering that it had been 1 year since her Grandma passed.

before i explain what happened it is important to note that my wife was pregnant during the last year of her Grandma's life, she sadly passed 3 months before our son was born so she never got to meet him. But before she passed, we told her the name we were using for our son as it tied back into her family. no one else knew the time so it was a special thing for her to know.

Fast forward to yesterday, our 8 month old was just doing his usual crawling around and standing up holding onto the couch etc and my wife was just casually watching him and she noticed he started staring at something in the kitchen, smiling and then looking back at my wife. he kept looking back at something in the kitchen and smiling then looking back at my wife maybe 5-6 times as if someone was referencing her and he was looking back for approval etc.

Wife thought nothing of it at the time, just that it was a bit of weird behaviour.

She put him in his cot for his afternoon sleep and she swears a few times when glancing at the monitor that she saw different / other movements or shadows, again thought nothing of it.

And for large parts of the day when she was doing stuff around the house she said she had this feeling that someone was there watching, I'm sure we have all felt that at some stage, but again didn't think anything of it.

It wasn't until later that evening that it was realised it was the year anniversary of her Grandma passing and we both got a bit freaked out and jumped to the same conclusion that maybe, just maybe our little man was looking at his Great Grandma who was in the kitchen paying him a visit.

Like I said I know we will never ever be able to verify any of that, but it was certainly an interesting sequence of events, so who knows.
Thanks for sharing. Did give me goosebumps when someone passes on a genuine experience like that, that we can wonder about in same way your wife and you did last night.

Wife thought nothing of it at the time, just that it was a bit of weird behaviour

Always thought i was overreacting when i freaked out about my son doing that on my grandma's death anniversary. Glad to see others have had the same thing. So strange isn't it?

Always thought i was overreacting when i freaked out about my son doing that on my grandma's death anniversary. Glad to see others have had the same thing. So strange isn't it?

I felt the same way you did, and I'm sure there are plenty of others out there with a similiar story.

It's definitely strange. But from all the bits and pieces I have read over the years, the common theme is that young kids do appear more likley to have some kind of experience as their minds are more open to it i suppose?

On one hand it's frustrating that we will never know if its true or not cause he can't talk yet and will likley have forgotten by the time he can, but on the other hand I think my wife and I are both happy to think that she paid him a visit and he actually got to see her and she got to see him.

GG.exe

I had a year long experience of strange events that I've never been able to explain or have a full memory of.

It started in winter working up north on a project. Our crew was put up in a motel 10 minutes outside of the largest town in the area. I somehow got upgraded to a king size bed with couches, nice room. Our days were long so I used the couches to stack my clothes in piles(Jeans, hoodies, etc).

I had brought my entire desktop computer with me and was in the middle of a massive argument with my ex over Facebook messenger at 1am during the 2nd week up there. At some point I opened my eyes and I was sitting on top of a pile of hoodies on the couch. The time was now 4am.

I rushed over to the computer. At some point after 1am I had stopped typing a sentence midway through. My ex had left a ton of messages throughout the night demanding I answer her back. She also left missed calls and texts on my phone that was still sitting beside the mouse. I figured I had somehow passed out but wasn't sure how I ended up on top of my hoodies on the couch and not just fall into bed. Went to sleep normally for the remaining couple hours before work.

A couple of days later a stranger scenario happened. My routine was we'd finish work, I'd come back to the motel around 9pm, shower, change, and drive into town for late night dinner at Boston Pizza(only restaurant open late other than McDonalds). So this particular night I went through my routine, took a shower, changed, headed for the door. I got to my car and when I turned it on something felt really wrong.

I looked at the time, it was now 2am. I had no idea how I had lost around 4 hours between showering and getting into my car. It felt weird. My whole body felt weird. I felt violated, like a rape victim would describe waking up from being assaulted while passed out. You feel violated but you have no idea what happened. Not a single memory or explanation. I stayed up all night scared shitless trying to figure out what happened. Why was I missing 4 hours, if I had passed out why didn't I wake up on the floor, why did I feel violated, etc.

The rest of the project nothing else happened, but once I got back home things started happening that were just as weird. There's more to my experiences if people want to know(it only lasted for about a year), but those two events were the starting catalysts.

I've never actually figured out what happened but most people I've asked all seem to agree it had to be abduction events. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: wow, this sure blew up. RIP my inbox. I'll try to answer as many replies as possible. Thanks for the gold!

These events happened 2011-2012. My job at the time also included 4 trips of 3 weeks duration to both that town and another town 40 minutes away from the initial town where the first 2 missing times occurred. In my research I found out the first town where this happened was and is a hot spot for UFO activity.

As to the carbon monoxide question, my landlord required it and still does. It gets inspected twice a year along with the smoke detectors. I don't know however if any of the motels and hotels I stayed at had carbon monoxide detectors.

Pretty much a few weeks after I started avoiding sleep when I felt the events coming, and would make a point of staying in high populated areas at night, these events stopped and have not returned since.

The residual left behind of me not wanting to sleep at night sometimes I chalk up to fear that comes from this event. Same with closing the blinds in all rooms at night. If I want to go to sleep I have no problem doing so since the event, and I haven't experienced any similar dreams since either.

continued...

For the first month or so nothing happened further. But then something weird started happening. I began waking up around 2am and not being able to fall back asleep until the sun came up. I would wake up and have the urge to turn on every light in the apartment and stay up, find things to do and wait until sun up before going back to bed.

I started to notice that in my dreams, random strangers would show up telling me to wake up. If I tried to ignore them in my dream they would find ways to harass me and tell me to wake up, telling me it's really important that I wake up.

Then there was a really vivid dream. I had gotten dressed up in my dream, and driven to an upscale hotel(no idea what the context of this dream was). When I got to my hotel room in the dream, someone started knocking on the door, shouting "hello? Hello?" Over and over again. Just when I was about to open the door the phone rang. I answered and the voice on the phone told me not to open the door. I kept telling whoever was on the phone that I really should see why this person keeps knocking, but the voice kept urging me not to answer the door. I finally hung up the phone, headed to the door, opened it, and woke up in bed in a cold sweat. 3am. Couldn't go back to sleep.

These were the kinds of dreams. People trying to get me to wake up, and random flashes of bright white light that would light up everything no matter where I was or what time of day in my dream. I remember one dream being outside in the middle of a sunny day and a bright white flash that overpowered the sun. And usually at this point some random person in my dream would run up to me and urge me to wake up. Or tell me the flash wasn't part of my dream and I should wake up. Random people in your dream telling you you're in a dream and that you have to wake up is creepy as *. And they were always strangers, no one I knew in real life.

A precursor to these dreams was the urge to go to sleep early. I would have these urges to drop everything that I was doing and get in bed, sometimes leaving lights on, TV on, in the middle of games, middle of eating, etc. There was no fighting it, I would put down the controller or put my fork down and March right to my room and lie down. It was this weird zombie like drowsiness. But I would always wake up after 2am and not be able to go to sleep again until the sun came up.

During the summer I took a trip to upstate New York with a friend and we stayed at some motel overnight before heading further on our trip. That night I remember knocking on my door and someone who kept yelling "hello? Hello?" Just like in that hotel dream. I remember my friend was fast asleep unfazed by the knock, but I ended up going to the door and unlocking it. Don't remember anything after that. I woke up sitting on the office chair by the desk, around 6am. I checked but the door was locked and nothing had been taken. It didn't look like anyone had entered. I woke my friend up and asked if he'd heard knocking during the night. He said no. I told him what happened and he was pretty pissed that I would wake up in the middle of the night to open the door to a stranger. But there was no sign that I did or that someone had come in. Just that I somehow ended up on the chair and not the bed. I still feel like I was awake when I went to answer the door though.

The weird thing was these dreams and urges to go to sleep wouldn't always happen. Maybe 2-3 times a week. But I was starting to fear going to sleep without the lights being on, all blinds closed, or I'd fight to stay up all night and just go to sleep during the day.

After this I was getting really fed up with how ****ed my sleeping schedule had become and I started to notice when I'd get the feeling that I should go to sleep, I would take that as a cue to get in my car and head for the busiest section of the city at night I could find, filled with people, and I'd notice that the urge to go to sleep would go away instantly. So everytime I felt the urge to drop everything and go to sleep, I would fight the urge and drive downtown.

Anytime I felt like I was being watched too, I'd get in my car and go downtown. It must have worked because after a few weeks of doing this, all these strange urges to go to sleep randomly, dreams with flashes of white light and people telling me to wake up all went away.

I haven't had a single recurrence of these events since, however I noticed I still have a fear of going to sleep until the sun comes up that I'm always fighting. I also recently noticed that pictures of the typical grey alien now scare the s**t out of me and I hate looking at them. Even seeing the cartoon ones on South Park I get mini panic attacks. Those pictures had never bothered me before in my life but now they send me into waves of panic.

I still have no explanation for the missing time up north, the wierd dreams, or that one night at the motel in upstate New York(which I don't think was a dream. It felt very real and felt more like another missing time event). Most people I've told don't know what to make of it. My current girlfriend has noticed I obsess with making sure all blinds are closed with no open slivers no matter where I sleep.

I told this story to someone at a party once and the guy came out and told me his abduction story and he was pretty positive I had been getting abducted during that year and that they'd either gotten bored of me or I had become a hassle with constantly trying to drive to places full of people to avoid the happenings. Other friends either offer no explanation or believe some sort of abduction scenario was taking place.

Who knows. I have no memory of physically being abducted, but those wierd feelings of being watched, being urged to go to sleep, feeling violated when waking up. That s**t felt real and still bothers me.

Added bonus: last year I fell asleep on my girlfriends bed while she stayed up watching Netflix in the living room. I left the lights on. At some point in the night she came to turn the lights off and says I woke up screaming and yelling "* off! Leave me alone! Help! Don't touch me!" Etc. She said it was the scariest most blood curdling thing she'd ever heard and that literally seconds later I had passed back out and was asleep again and she couldn't get me to wake up.

this is easily explainable. something similar has happened to me a few times. a mix of being over worked and very tired, as well as poor oxygen supply to the brain, due to thyroid or mineral/vitamin deficiency, a lot of stress too in itself can do it....what happens is you lose consciousness gradually and dont realize you crash, so could be feeling a bit tired whilst sittingat the desk, you start losing consciousness but you dont consciously know it, you get up and walk to the closet to grab a jumper, say, still not realizing, and suddenly you just crash in the closet. several hours later you wake up in the closet and have no recollection of how you got there.

this also happens with micro-sleeps whilst driving...you dont remember how you got home, any of the roads or part of the journey, subconsciously you still performed motor neuron functions, but no conscious memory of certain parts.

this can also happen with immense stress, or even trauma, shutting down recall of events.

this is easily explainable. something similar has happened to me a few times. a mix of being over worked and very tired, as well as poor oxygen supply to the brain, due to thyroid or mineral/vitamin deficiency, a lot of stress too in itself can do it....what happens is you lose consciousness gradually and dont realize you crash, so could be feeling a bit tired whilst sittingat the desk, you start losing consciousness but you dont consciously know it, you get up and walk to the closet to grab a jumper, say, still not realizing, and suddenly you just crash in the closet. several hours later you wake up in the closet and have no recollection of how you got there.

this also happens with micro-sleeps whilst driving...you dont remember how you got home, any of the roads or part of the journey, subconsciously you still performed motor neuron functions, but no conscious memory of certain parts.

this can also happen with immense stress, or even trauma, shutting down recall of events.
I knew you would respond like this ;)

Still, how do you explain the knocking at the door, was that another dream?

GG.exe

I never told anyone this story because I never thought they would believe me...

I was home along one evening and had gone to sleep for the night. I live with my SO and two indoor cats but she was out of state traveling for business. I woke up in the middle of the night (wasn't sure of time but it was completely dark) because my body was freezing cold. I actually like it cool when I sleep and usually have the temperature around 70 degrees or colder since I live in central Texas. But this was different, I was ice cold but wrapped in blankets (it was middle of summer so evenings aren't cold). When I grabbed my phone to look at the time, it seemed to be off and I pressed the ON button but it didn't turn it on. Since I was half-asleep, I shrugged this off. I walked out of my bedroom to go adjust the thermostat and noticed that the cats weren't around. This was weird because these furballs are always hanging out in the bed or around the bed. Anyhow, I walked to the thermostat and tried to adjust it but the power to the thermostat (I have a Nest) was nil and the power to the house seemed to be off. I peeked out of the upstairs window to see if any of my neighbors were having power-issues and notice that all of their outdoor lights were working just fine. From the time I woke to this moment was probably 1-2 minutes maximum. I decide to wander downstairs to grab some water but am startled when I realize there is a glow of light coming from the first floor. The way my house is situated, I couldn't see the light until I had approached the stairs. I found this odd because the power seemed to be out just upstairs (which didn't make a lot of sense). I started walking down the stairs and began to hear a faint humming noise. The noise had a high pitch to it with arbitrary pulses of low sounds; almost like a muffled weedwacker that someone is throttling at random. As I continue to walk down the stairs, I spot a dark, slowly-moving figure in the room with light at the bottom of the stairs. The next step that I take feels like I walked off the side of a cliff or was sucked into the floor. That is really the best way I can explain it because I don't remember what happened after that moment, I just lost all feeling from my body. My next memory is waking up again to the sound of my phone's alarm. Everything seemed back to normal. I sat there in bed (cats back to being lazy in bed next to me) and tried to think about the 2 minute incident that happened in the middle of the night. I am not a sleepwalker and I was definitely not dreaming.

My security system's app shows the time whenever a door is opened or closed. I realized that my security system was disarmed on the app and that the front door had been opened and closed several times throughout the night. I pulled up my security footage from the exterior cameras and was surprised to learn that there was ZERO footage from the night. Like the motion sensors reacted to a random car driving-by around 10pm and then the next thing is another random car in the morning. So someone/something walked in and out of my front door but the cameras did not capture any footage. My neighbor across the street has a good security system that points at my house so I asked if he can review the footage from his cameras. I told him some made-up story about how I thought someone had broken into my truck. Anyway, he said it was weird because when he pulled up the footage from that night, his cameras did not record anything. Just a time gap once again.

My first thought was that I was sleepwalking and that the memory was a dream but it just couldn't have been. When I looked out of the window in the middle of the night, I distinctly recall a red pickup truck parked the wrong direction in front of the neighbor's house. I always notice when cars are parked left-wheel to curb because I've gotten a ticket for this in the past. Anyhow, the truck was not there before I went to sleep (based on footage) but was there in the morning (based on footage). So the truck was there when I saw it in the middle of the night. I definitely woke up in the middle of the night, cold as ice, no cats, no working phone or thermostat, saw the truck out of the window and then got warped by something on the stairs.

A couple additional things were different in the house. The security system was disarmed and I definitely armed it before going to bed. The light was still on downstairs and that was absolutely off before I went to bed. My whole body smelled like burnt marshmallows. I know this is weird but it's really how it smelled. And lastly, my 55 gallon fish tank that sits at the bottom of the stairs in the entryway was missing 2/3 of the water! Seriously, where the * did 40+ gallons of water go? The whole area around the tank was bone-dry and the fish were fine. I think I was mind-****ed by some thirsty aliens..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back