Personal Experience Your own Experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Nup. I don't think that's it.

The family sold the house in 1930 due to the depression. 40 years isn't enough time for 3 generations of family to live there and then sell it to Grizz's family etc.

Ughh

I gotta run to work now
Wait to see what Demondavey reports back. If school says it did own it or not

Colinton) 92 Mont Albert Road Canterbury
external image 92%2520Mont%2520Albert%2520Road%2520Canterbury1.jpg
(Colinton) 92 Mont Albert Road Canterbury
(Colinton) 92 Mont Albert Road Canterbury
Colinton, 92 Mont Albert Road Canterbury was built in 1926 to the design of the architectural firm Barlow and Hawkins as the family home of Walter Gillespie of the noted family of flour millers.

• The Federation Arts and Crafts (or inter-war Tudor) style house is set well back on its large corner block to allow a picturesque view of the house across the garden.
  • The picturesque is accentuated by the sweeping driveway and by the oblique siting of the house which gives emphasis to the three dimensional form of the design.
  • The steep pitched, shingled roof with its ‘swept valleys’ is well composed and can be appreciated from the street. The tall clumped chimney flues, small paned windows, and the half-timbered surface treatment all add to the romantic illusion of a substantial English country house in a park setting. This illusion is carried through into the interior, mainly in the stair hall, dining and sitting rooms.

"That" Window visible there from the street, and matches grizzlys story of how they could quickly exit the house from the stairs....that room is right at that front of the house and stairwell where the front door is, also is a homestead style structure and entrance
Have you seen the floorplan?

Then how do you know that?
If we assume thats grizzlys house, looking at the photo, and following his story....."that" window is the window at the front of the house, which can be seen from the road, and is where paranormal stuff happened, and is located right next to the entrance of the house. His brother and him both did a quick dash down the stairs where that room is and out the front door.

About the house's ownership/jistory.....Grizzly might have been a little off, being a kid told stuff that he later recalled as an adult. Everything else about that house very closely matches his story. What we sid the other night sleuthing.

Id give it a high percentage that 92 is Grizzlys house. Its like a 95% match. Pending any new discovery of a possible other house, 92 is it. If Demondavey reports back the school confirms it once owned that house, then case solved imo.

If we assume thats grizzlys house, looking at the photo, and following his story....."that" window is the window at the front of the house, which can be seen from the road, and is where paranormal stuff happened, and is located right next to the entrance of the house. His brother and him both did a quick dash down the stairs where that room is and out the front door.

About the house's ownership/jistory.....Grizzly might have been a little off, being a kid told stuff that he later recalled as an adult. Everything else about that house very closely matches his story. What we sid the other night sleuthing.

Id give it a high percentage that 92 is Grizzlys house. Its like a 95% match. Pending any new discovery of a possible other house, 92 is it. If Demondavey reports back the school confirms it once owned that house, then case solved imo.

Not sure if this helps. Looks like it has a 'wing'

Screenshot_20210831-192941~2.png

Last edited:

demondavey ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

House was built 1920s, which is the Edwardian era.

"The Edwardian era or Edwardian period of British history spanned the reign of King Edward VII, 1901 to 1910, and is sometimes expanded to the start of the First World War. The death of Queen Victoria in January 1901 marked the end of the Victorian era. "

Said it was one of the first ones built in that area.... Which it was, when you look thru that link of heritage homes in Australia.

Only a rich huge private school like Camberwell could buy a million dollar home. Right across the road was the school, school bought it as a study place etc for prep students, prep means preparing for higher education/college.

Sold in 1992....grizzly was 22, you even said he would be between 15 and 22. House has been bought and sold fairly quickly since, which if haunted would explain why.

Nursing home round the corner, he lived in Canterbury.....etc etc.

92 even has a wing section as he explained. As well as a "that window" that can be seen from the road and is creepy. But since obscured by air conditioning unit, which you can see theres soemthing obscuring that window in the photo posted before.

The funny thing too is....when you first posted that story, and I was reading it, when i was picturing the scene/environment in my mind, i saw a big park across the road. I didnt realize till just now when i looked again, that there is a big park across the road, next door to the school, part of the school maybe. Before i was just quickly spinning the map to face the house from that side of the road, and didnt do a 180 properly

The funny thing too is....when you first posted that story, and I was reading it, when i was picturing the scene/environment in my mind, i saw a big park across the road. I didnt realize till just now when i looked again, that there is a big park across the road, next door to the school, part of the school maybe. Before i was just quickly spinning the map to face the house from that side of the road, and didnt do a 180 properly
So then it isn't directly opposite a school? Like grizz said...? ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back