Personal Experience Your own Experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Am curious to hear of people's own experiences with possible ufo's, spirits, ghosts etc. I want personal ones not stories you have heard from a friend.

For me I have always been sceptical about ghosts, spirits, clairvoyants and the like sometimes they seem real then something happens that makes me feel otherwise. However a recent trip to Broken Hill of all places had me feeling alot differently about spirits and spirit guides. I went to the Living Sculptures National Park from the bottom carpark it is about a 1km walk to the top where these sculptures are. I was by myself with no one else in the car park or around, about half way up this walk I was overcome with emotion , it was quite strange as I was calm, relaxed and really enjoying the surroundings but I was sobbing uncontrolably. I sat on a bench and regained my composure then continued up. I got to the top and became emotional again, the first sculpture contained an image of the eagle which is also my spirit animal (or so I have been told). At no stage did I feel sad I was just having a strange emotional release. I moved around looking at the sculptures when I reached the fourth one and broke down again, this time is was an Inca sculpture (which again I have spiritual links too). I looked at the rest of the sculptures then sat down to again compose myself. As I shut my eyes the wind picked up and felt like it was swirling around me. I stood up and moved to the centre of all the sculptures closed my eyes and took some big deep breaths. When I opened my eyes I felt as though I was very light and when I looked down it seemed as though I was looking down on myself. At this moment some other tourists came and I came back to the normal plane. I started to walk back down to my car and I could hear a voice telling me that I should let the small things go.

Who knows what I experienced, was it my imagination, did my body finally release a hell of alot of emotion/anger/stress that had been building up for years. Did I venture out of my body onto another plane. Your guess is as good as mine but it has made for a good story and I have felt so much better since.
I had an experience a bit like that, not paranormal I guess but when I went to visit the Great Stupa in Bendigo I found it a most moving experience. I was crying because I found it so beautiful. Only managed to stop when my sister in law knocked over some little stands in the guest shop like dominoes, Peter Sellers style.

I don't believe in ghosts or spirits at all, not saying they don't exist, I just don't buy it. However, my mum and her husband were in the army when I was a child. When I was about 8 to 10 we lived in Northern Territory up on the RAAF base and there were countless weird occurrences that I can't explain. Too many to list.

One that stands out is I had plush toys of the Yowie characters (the chocolates with the Aussie animal toys in them). The plush toys were on my bed as I was playing with them, I walked to the other side of the room and as I turned back (took all of 6 seconds) all the toys were on the ground facing me. Get goosebumps thinking back if I'm honest.

I probably just blacked out or something and a really did it myself, but it was strange as I was home alone.

The school I went to was in Darwin proper and the area was where part of the Darwin bombings had happened. I always got bad vibes at that school. Like something hateful.

But everyone and everything is pretty 'off' up there so who knows.

Sleep paralysis. For years I was intermittently assaulted by a particular entity in dreams and then in sleep paralysis. I've had two separate people divulge their sleep paralysis 'hallucinations' to me and they described the exact same entity, down to pretty granular detail. Was incredibly spooky once we realised we were all being accosted by the same 'thing'.

I don't believe in ghosts or spirits at all, not saying they don't exist, I just don't buy it. However, my mum and her husband were in the army when I was a child. When I was about 8 to 10 we lived in Northern Territory up on the RAAF base and there were countless weird occurrences that I can't explain. Too many to list.

One that stands out is I had plush toys of the Yowie characters (the chocolates with the Aussie animal toys in them). The plush toys were on my bed as I was playing with them, I walked to the other side of the room and as I turned back (took all of 6 seconds) all the toys were on the ground facing me. Get goosebumps thinking back if I'm honest.

I probably just blacked out or something and a really did it myself, but it was strange as I was home alone.

The school I went to was in Darwin proper and the area was where part of the Darwin bombings had happened. I always got bad vibes at that school. Like something hateful.

But everyone and everything is pretty 'off' up there so who knows.

So many times this thread:

“I don’t believe in ghosts but.....<insert creepy freaky ghost experience here>“ 😅

Sleep paralysis. For years I was intermittently assaulted by a particular entity in dreams and then in sleep paralysis. I've had two separate people divulge their sleep paralysis 'hallucinations' to me and they described the exact same entity, down to pretty granular detail. Was incredibly spooky once we realised we were all being accosted by the same 'thing'.

I had one of these experiences last week - in the dream it was night and I was in a car in a full parking lot with my cousin - then go the feeling "they" were coming. Dark shadows (like misshapen human shadows) floated past the car and pressed a button on a device they were holding, sending a shock though my body which caused us both to freeze. My first instinct was the hide my car keys and wallet under my leg - what an odd reaction to something like that.

Don't know how I knew they were malevolent or that they had a device or that they pressed the button but part of me looks back and thinks I somehow pressed the button. Additionally, though I "knew" my cousin was also in the car, I never actually saw him.

Woke up in a sweat and in absolute fear. So weird.

Ever since I 'defeated' my last sleep paralysis I don't recall having one since. Makes me think there's more too it

I also managed to do this (got super religious) - then another entity turned up (there was some kind of intervention during that one).

Since that last one with the intervention I haven't had it again. However close friends and family starting getting sleep paralysis not long after.

My theory is that there is a scientific component to it as well as something else. Someone gave me an interesting theory once, they suggested it's a state that occurs due to normal bodily functions that can be explained scientifically, but they theorise that it puts us into a state where more than one dimension is visible to us. For some reason that one just felt 'right'. We are half in their dimension half in ours, so to speak. Padre Pio certainly thought dreams were the gateway.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i saw a genuine clairvoyant a few months ago. first time in my life i’d seen one and have always wanted to do it.
it was absolutely amazing how many things she said were spot on.
One thing after another.

She told me most living people are constantly surrounded by spirits who watch over them. Sometimes intervening in their lives. Most are dead family members.

I tried Galantamine for a while there... had some interesting Sleep paralysis/OBE/Lucid dream experiences.
i saw a genuine clairvoyant a few months ago. first time in my life i’d seen one and have always wanted to do it.
it was absolutely amazing how many things she said were spot on.
One thing after another.

She told me most living people are constantly surrounded by spirits who watch over them. Sometimes intervening in their lives. Most are dead family members.
I’m interested to hear more about each of these posts if you guys feel like expanding on them?

firstly, i want to hear more about your viet filly.

asia or europe would be littered with spirits/ghosts given the history and war the continents have endured. so many things of ill rest would be present.

My grandad fought in Vietnam and went back to the DMZ zone.

Some rubber plantation workers casually told them they are finished and gone by sundown, as the jungles are literally littered with 'lost soldier ghosts' from both sides, calling out to each other all night trying to get out of the dark.

I’m interested to hear more about each of these posts if you guys feel like expanding on them?
Ok so I’ve been experimenting with Astral travel (OBE) and Lucid dreaming since my mid teens. Lucid dreaming in particular can be quite difficult to achieve on a regular basis . You have to keep a constant intent and mindset and our day to day activities such as work can simply take over and distract you from your thoughts . Some people are naturally able to achieve these states without all the work . There are times where I’m probably trying too hard and if I take my foot of the pedal it just happens . Anyways long story short I heard about Galantamine and thought I’d give it a go. You can’t just swallow one and instantly have an OBE , you still have to have done some work on yourself and have the intent and mind set in place . So I got up at 3am and meditated on my intent for around 30 minutes then swallowed down the tablet and went back to bed. The next thing I know something grabbed me by my big toe and pulled with massive strength. I got whipped out of my body down to the end of the bed. I was scrambling about and all I could hear was a deep malevolent growling. I thought no I’m not going to panic here, stay calm . I tried to grab whatever it was in a headlock and as I did it stopped growling and lost all its strength . But in all the moment I ended up back in my normal sleeping position. Bugger. So i thought ah well back to sleep i go I'll try again tomorrow morning. Shortly after I woke up with a heavy weight on me, grinding away and panting. I thought oh o.k the mrs has woken up and decided to have a morning frolick on me . bonus. I grabbed her around the waist and as i did she suddenly beceme all floppy... like a dead body ? and all the air gurgled and escaped from her throat.... It was the thing that tore me from my body..it was raping me. I yelled out this time and woke the mrs up... "You having a dream" ? she asked. I got out of bed this time and explained it all to her during breakfast. The strange thing is that she said she felt the weight of something sitting on the end of the bed at one stage during the night and assumed she must have been dreaming it. So yeh, that was my first experience with Galantamine. Many more similar things happened after that.

Last edited:
Ok so I’ve been experimenting with Astral travel (OBE) and Lucid dreaming since my mid teens. Lucid dreaming in particular can be quite difficult to achieve on a regular basis . You have to keep a constant intent and mindset and our day to day activities such as work can simply take over and distract you from your thoughts . Some people are naturally able to achieve these states without all the work . There are times where I’m probably trying too hard and if I take my foot of the pedal it just happens . Anyways long story short I heard about Galantamine and thought I’d give it a go. You can’t just swallow one and instantly have an OBE , you still have to have done some work on yourself and have the intent and mind set in place . So I got up at 3am and meditated on my intent for around 30 minutes then swallowed down the tablet and went back to bed. The next thing I know something grabbed me by my big toe and pulled with massive strength. I got whipped out of my body down to the end of the bed. I was scrambling about and all I could hear was a deep malevolent growling. I thought no I’m not going to panic here, stay calm . I tried to grab whatever it was in a headlock and as I did it stopped growling and lost all its strength . But in all the moment I ended up back in my normal sleeping position. Bugger. So i thought ah well back to sleep i go I'll try again tomorrow morning. Shortly after I woke up with a heavy weight on me, grinding away and panting. I thought oh o.k the mrs has woken up and decided to have a morning frolick on me . bonus. I grabbed her around the waist and as i did she suddenly beceme all floppy... like a dead body ? and all the air gurgled and escaped from her throat.... It was the thing that tore me from my body..it was raping me. I yelled out this time and woke the mrs up... "You having a dream" ? she asked. I got out of bed this time and explained it all to her during breakfast. The strange thing is that she said she felt the weight of something sitting on the end of the bed at one stage during the night and assumed she must have been dreaming it. So yeh, that was my first experience with Galantamine. Many more similar things happened after that.

Welcome to sleep paralysis and OBEs. I've had very similar experiences in lucid dreams, sleep paralysis and OBE states. I'm convinced we are exposed to entities from the other side during these states, and they ain't all that friendly.

Man! For real I’ve got a similar experience to that but my experience is more spiritual. I’ll tell it soon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back