Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Hey guys.
Just wondering if anyone else has taken advantage of the Gold Coast Suns auction page on their website to claim some awesome collectable items?

So far I have

Inaugural GC Suns jumper 44/100 (one of the first jumpers made, in a collectors box and signed by Bluey)

Josy Toy Rd 2 Match worn jumper ( the jumper he was issued in the Suns first ever game against Carlton, in a collectors box and signed by Josh)

Tom Lynch Rd 2 player issue jumper ( The jumper Tom was issued and wore at training the week leading up to the Suns first game, complete with names of the vice presidents and in a collectors box and signed by Tom)

Brandon Matera FIRST WIN match worn jumper (rising star nomination)
Michael Rischitelli FIRST WIN match worn jumper (best on ground for the game)
Charlie Dixon FIRST win match worn jumper (2 vital 4th quarter goals and my fave player)
All three of the FIRST WIN match worn jumpers were worn by their respective players in our win V Port and come signed and in the collectors box also.

I also have the framed signed guernsey purchased from the club and for anyone who has not seen it, it is FRIGGEN spectacular. Get one while you can as they are limited to 200 only.

My GC Suns shrine is coming along nicely! :thumbsu:

Yes, I bid on and won Jake Crawfords (No 51) match worn jumper from the NAB cup challange game, I took it to the Family day pre season and managed to get the following signitures on it, its my pride and joy

Ablett (Nathan and Gary), Bluey, K Hunt, Zac Smith, Dixon, D Swallow, Travis Auld, Hutchens, Liddy, Liam Patrick, D Harris, Campbell Brown, Nathan Krakour, Bock, Harbrow, and more (22 in total) :thumbsu::thumbsu::D

I also bid on the Risho jumper from the first win but was outbid :(

I haven't had it framed yet but, I can't wait. Does anyone know a good framing business that does this kind of stuff?

Sounds great! I've thought about the auctions but can't really justify the outlay right now. Maybe when i have a few drinks some time that might loosen the chains on the wallet.

What i've been collecting though is every footy card that features the Suns.

I got the 2 draft cards (from www.footycards.com.au) featuring David Swallow & Brandon Matera which they have both signed ..so i'm pretty happy with those.

I think i'll buy a team poster every year too.

I also bid on the Risho jumper from the first win but was outbid :(

Funny story - That was ment to be me. With 10 minutes left on the auction I entered my maximum bid of I think $750 for that and was content and hopeful I was going to win and went back to what I was doing.

I come back to the computer 15 minutes later and foud out that indeed I had entered my maximum bid, but forgot to click confirm on the next page *Facepalm*

I guess you don't hate me now :p

I ended up getting Swallow's first game jumper. I haven't got it framed yet, but it would be about $300-$500 I would think depending how big a frame you like and if your going to put photos with it etc...

What do you guys reckon? Is it worth cutting the jumper in half so you can see the front and back? The front has all the inaugural names and the back is 24 with Dave's signature

I ended up getting Swallow's first game jumper. I haven't got it framed yet, but it would be about $300-$500 I would think depending how big a frame you like and if your going to put photos with it etc...

What do you guys reckon? Is it worth cutting the jumper in half so you can see the front and back? The front has all the inaugural names and the back is 24 with Dave's signature

That's an awesome get. I wouldn't be cutting it in half. That could be worth plenty in years to come if left in mint condition.

Nah definitely do not get it cut. Keep her on display in the box that it comes in, thats what i do with mine, and it looks amazing

Get it framed in a frame where both sides can be seen i.e double sided glass. I have seen a few jumpers done this way, awesome!

Hey guys.
Just wondering if anyone else has taken advantage of the Gold Coast Suns auction page on their website to claim some awesome collectable items?

So far I have

Inaugural GC Suns jumper 44/100 (one of the first jumpers made, in a collectors box and signed by Bluey)

Josy Toy Rd 2 Match worn jumper ( the jumper he was issued in the Suns first ever game against Carlton, in a collectors box and signed by Josh)

Tom Lynch Rd 2 player issue jumper ( The jumper Tom was issued and wore at training the week leading up to the Suns first game, complete with names of the vice presidents and in a collectors box and signed by Tom)

Brandon Matera FIRST WIN match worn jumper (rising star nomination)
Michael Rischitelli FIRST WIN match worn jumper (best on ground for the game)
Charlie Dixon FIRST win match worn jumper (2 vital 4th quarter goals and my fave player)
All three of the FIRST WIN match worn jumpers were worn by their respective players in our win V Port and come signed and in the collectors box also.

I also have the framed signed guernsey purchased from the club and for anyone who has not seen it, it is FRIGGEN spectacular. Get one while you can as they are limited to 200 only.

We can add to the list

Full Inaugural GC SUNS 2011 Squad Signed Sherrin

#1 Marc Lock - Special Edition Guernsey - Round 2 - Spare Set (Unworn & Unsigned)

#2 Zac Smith - Warm Up Guernsey Player Issue (Signed)

#16 Rory Thompson - Warm Up Guernsey Player Issue (Signed)

#13 Hayden Jolly - Warm Up Guernsey Player Issue (Signed)

#5 Jarrod Harbrow - Warm Up Guernsey Player Issue (Signed)

#18 Trent McKenzie - Match Worn Home Guernsey (Signed) - as worn in QClash win

#24 David Swallow - Match Worn Home Guernsey (Signed) - as worn during NAB Rising Star nomination

#2 Zac Smith - Match Worn Home Guernsey (Signed) - NAB Rising Star Nomination Guernsey

#5 Jarrod Harbrow - Match Worn Home Guernsey (Signed) - as worn in QClash win

#26 Matt Shaw - Warm Up Guernsey Player Issue (Signed)

TAC matchworn jumper and some training singlets/jacket donated by Marc Lock

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since my earlier post about the signed gurnsey I have added
  • Charlie Dixons Warm up top (signed)
  • Joey Dayes Warm up top (signed)
  • Nicholls away jumper (signed)
I want to get the away jumper signed by as many of the boys as possible and then frame it together with the home jumper. Should look the ducks nuts. Anybody used a good framer that they would recommed?

Try Gold Coast Picture Framing in Ashmore, Kamohltz Crt I think.

I have had a few things framed there and they gave good service, reasonable price and excellent quality!!

Since my earlier post about the signed gurnsey I have added
  • Charlie Dixons Warm up top (signed)
  • Joey Dayes Warm up top (signed)
  • Nicholls away jumper (signed)
I want to get the away jumper signed by as many of the boys as possible and then frame it together with the home jumper. Should look the ducks nuts. Anybody used a good framer that they would recommed?

I have an away jumper signed by the 22 boys from the first win. It is in the framing place now. Can't wait to see it :D

SUNS, I would be interested to see what comes back and pricing attached. I hope you dont mind posting a pic when its done, or if not PM'ing me and i'll shoot you through my email address to check it out if you would be so kind :)

My brother is looking at some bulk framing stuff, our footy club won the premiership and a few of the boys are framing their guernseys, and I was thinking of throwing my 2 Suns guernseys in the batch to hopefully get it at a cheaper rate.

With my first game Swallow one, I was hoping to get a couple photos to put alongside of it in the frame of him in the game against Carlton in Rnd 2.

With the other guernsey with everyones signature I thought of getting the 3 photographs of our 3 wins in our first year.

That's what I have in mind anyway. Just need to pull my finger out at some point...

SUNS, I would be interested to see what comes back and pricing attached. I hope you dont mind posting a pic when its done, or if not PM'ing me and i'll shoot you through my email address to check it out if you would be so kind :)

My brother is looking at some bulk framing stuff, our footy club won the premiership and a few of the boys are framing their guernseys, and I was thinking of throwing my 2 Suns guernseys in the batch to hopefully get it at a cheaper rate.

With my first game Swallow one, I was hoping to get a couple photos to put alongside of it in the frame of him in the game against Carlton in Rnd 2.

With the other guernsey with everyones signature I thought of getting the 3 photographs of our 3 wins in our first year.

That's what I have in mind anyway. Just need to pull my finger out at some point...

It's costing me $300, but that;s taking into account it is a LARGE guernsey (so a bigger frame) has a few photos and a plaque and is being shipped to Ayers Rock haha.

Where's this all going SUNS, got a pool room or something? A pretty mighty collection I must say.

Haha no - unfortunately until March 2012 I am stuck in the tiniest one bedroom unit at Ayers Rock resort. So must of it is either in a display box on a bookshelf or hanging on display on my curtains :p

Will be a different story when I get back to civilization :thumbsu:

Must have massive wall space, or a couple items in each room of the house? :)

He has a bigger collection than the football club haha.

It's true - The club have told me personally :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back