Your players

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Some questions for the Port folk-

1) Do you laugh to the point of ejaculation when you hear the name "Nathan Eagleton"?

2) Can you fathom why Matthew Biship was traded?

3) Why do the Crowies I know DESPISE Josh Francou? I know he is a good but temperamental player and all, but he has some serious haters out your way!

4) What are you slipping into the water that makes ex-pat Vic boys never try to leave the Power?! You should bottle the stuff.

5) Congrats to the Power (and Crows) on the punch-on. I'd be paying the players bonuses for showing they actually give a sh*t about the jumper! (ok that's not a question)

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
Originally posted by King Corey

1) Do you laugh to the point of ejaculation when you hear the name "Nathan Eagleton"?
Nope.

Yeah, because Melbourne wanted Stephen Powell.

3) Why do the Crowies I know DESPISE Josh Francou? I know he is a good but temperamental player and all, but he has some serious haters out your way!
Because he's a good player that has an excellent record in showdowns prior to this last one.

4) What are you slipping into the water that makes ex-pat Vic boys never try to leave the Power?! You should bottle the stuff.
We're slipping in a well-structured club environment and quality teammates to play with.

5) Congrats to the Power (and Crows) on the punch-on. I'd be paying the players bonuses for showing they actually give a sh*t about the jumper! (ok that's not a question)
Its not a bad thing to see in moderation, yeah....no one got hurt, so thats ok.

PAfolwr

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 24, 2002
Other Teams
PA

He was/is a good player.
For some reason he has not fitted in as well as could be with the Bulldogs.

for the other questions same answers as Porthos.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Fair call on Eagleton, I had this idea that Port fans must have found it curious that a talented but pintsize player took off for more cash and in turn they got a tall running defender and a B&F utility.

You guys must be less vindictive than I'd hoped!

Eago77

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2001
On my Koyt
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
(1) try not to laugh (out loud) but i think we did do pretty well out of that particular trade. Was a bit nervous to start with but now am very happy it took place. Mind you though Eago hasn't been as good as he could of been at the doggies, he still has time on his side though.

(2) Was only a back up at Melbourne, they obviously didn't see that getting rid of him in a trade that landed them Powell was a huge issue. Again glad we got him as part of the Montgomery trade.

(3)Why do most opposition supporters dislike players who regularly tear them apart?

(4) A real club environment, a good playing group and excellent facilities & coaching (& admin) staff, along with the water make a nice combo.

(5) yes, good to see the boys standing up for themselves and showing some "loyalty to the jumper".

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
Fair call on Eagleton, I had this idea that Port fans must have found it curious that a talented but pintsize player took off for more cash and in turn they got a tall running defender and a B&F utility.

Well, Eagleton didn't want to leave........it was the Bulldogs that wanted to get him, they made Port an offer it couldn't refuse, and both clubs persuaded Eagleton that the Bulldogs was the place for him to be.

It makes the deal look good, which is nice, but its also sad that Eags isn't living up to his potential. No ill feelings towards him, he was a great spark for us in 97 & 98.

Never really liked hjim as a player all that much. Soft as butter and king of the helicopter bomb. His time at Port reminds me of a less skillful Schofield.

He was only a fringe player at Melbourne. He tore us up one day in 99 before Barny broke his hand while throwing him to the ground. He just seemed to run and run and run and back himself. Its taken Archie a while to become a regular at Port but he is definatly a good player.

Because he has destroyed them on a number of occasions.

Santos L Helper

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2001
Arrogant Prick
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide

Nope! One of the funniest thing I ever heard was this trade going through. We gave up a 'left-foot only' half foreward for a good 'tall-marking' defender. Eagleton was never going to be a champ in my eyes, so while I don't 'laugh to the point of ejaculation', I certainly chuckle a lot.
Serve the Bulldogs right. Getting rid of Montgomery and Powell has been a disaster.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Originally posted by Santos L Helper

Nope! One of the funniest thing I ever heard was this trade going through.

Love it! I like Port because they are a pretty rugged, working-class unit like the Roos and last year gave me the pleasure of seeing a Crows travel buddy go into convulsions every time they won a game!

You guys got the better end of a trade you didn't even want - I thought there'd be more gloating.

Tredders#16

All Australian
Oct 10, 2001
Strathalbyn, SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I used to love it when the ball would be about 60m out and spill free to the running Eagleton, who would run onto his left boot and set sail from 55m. Never missed!

Having said that, I'm pretty stoked with the way it turned out for us!

Side note: I found it quite interesting that two of the players involved in that deal, Eagleton and Montgomery, have both had heart complaints! Not really a common occurrence for top-line athletes.

Tredders#16

Back