Your Poker Stories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Day 3

With 22 players remaining of 230ish paying top 20 the action went cold, blinds at $800, smallest stack $6000, I was sitting on $12000 in about 11th place. Didn't play a hand for a full half hour before I caught QQ.

Player before me calls, I go all in, folds around to initial caller, AA.

22nd place and no money :(

Good evening in general

played 5*single $5+50c tourneys + 2*multi $5+50c for $38.50 outlay.

3 firsts of $25ea with one undecided.

Stupid ppl really annoy me at times. Playing a tourny at partypoker and have AK of spades on the BB. 4 ppl call to me so I raise 3 times the BB to 1,200. 2 ppl fold.

Flop comes up 10d-5h-Ad. Im first so I go all in for 1700, 1 fold and 1 call. He flops over 10-3 of clubs and of course a 3 comes on the river.

Now if the bad play didnt annoy me enough, one person at the table actually wrote "VNH". WTF how is that a nice hand? Its horrible and he played it terribly.

Oh well made up for it a bit tonight. Playing $0.10/$0.25 tables on bugsysclub and won $35 off some scrub and $10 off another guy with a A high flush against a Q high flush.

Borgsta said:
Stupid ppl really annoy me at times. Playing a tourny at partypoker and have AK of spades on the BB. 4 ppl call to me so I raise 3 times the BB to 1,200. 2 ppl fold.

Flop comes up 10d-5h-Ad. Im first so I go all in for 1700, 1 fold and 1 call. He flops over 10-3 of clubs and of course a 3 comes on the river.

Now if the bad play didnt annoy me enough, one person at the table actually wrote "VNH". WTF how is that a nice hand? Its horrible and he played it terribly.

How many chips did he have relative to yours ?
If he was the big stack, I can see where he's coming from.

He might have put you on low-meduim pair or two overcards (without the ace).

Also his pot odds were pretty good.
There is $5700 in the pot and it only costs him $1700 to win it.

He was getting just above 3/1 to call.
If he had a medium to high stack, you must call in this situation with those odds.

Playing the hand in the first place with 10,3 suited is another matter altogether though .:eek:

Daytripper said:
How many chips did he have relative to yours ?
If he was the big stack, I can see where he's coming from.

He might have put you on low-meduim pair or two overcards (without the ace).

Also his pot odds were pretty good.
There is $5700 in the pot and it only costs him $1700 to win it.

He was getting just above 3/1 to call.
If he had a medium to high stack, you must call in this situation with those odds.

Playing the hand in the first place with 10,3 suited is another matter altogether though .:eek:

He had about 2-3000 more than me. If he put me on a medium hand or whatever then fair enough, the thing that annoyed me most was the NH comment

Borgsta said:

I wouldn't buy World Series of Poker on PS2/XBox if I were you, LOL. I've thrown my controller many a times because it happens so often, stupid game really.

You could go all in with say a QQ and get a Q on the flop, they've called with a 9,10 and you just know they'll fluke a straight on the river

Damn my PP's have all been hitting tonight on the $0.25/0.50 tables

Hand 1 - 66
Flop A-6-Q
Bet $1, 1 caller. Turn 8, Bet $2 and win the pot.

Hand 2 - 77
Flop 2-4-6
Bet $1 and win it.

Hand 3 - JJ - Raise $1, 1 caller
Flop - J-9-4
Bet $0.50, 1 long pause before a call.
Turn - 7
Bet $1, raised by $2. I reraise him $6 and then he goes all in for $14, which is called by me.
River - 6 and he turns over 99 to be devasted.

Im $40 up in 30 minutes of play. :)

Well make that $50 up.

Hand 4 - A9
Flop 8-9-10 I bet $0.50 and am called
Turn 4 Another $0.50 called
River 9 Another $0.50 but he goes all in for $6.00 and turns over 6 Q. :D

Update: Lost $20 to an idiot who chased and caught runner runner for a straight. :(

However hand 5 came 44 with me acting last.
Flop 4-9-4 P1 bets $1, P2 raises to $2 and myself and P1 call.
Turn 3. P1 bets $1, P2 raises to $3, I call P3 folds.
River A P2 bets $6.70 and is all in. I say thankyou before calling.

Borgsta - I hear you mate. Im sick of people with no idea playing on stupid hands and beating me. It ********s me to tears. I find it very hard to do this, but you have to remember you will win in the long run against players like this.

Supa Stylin Stevie said:
Borgsta - I hear you mate. Im sick of people with no idea playing on stupid hands and beating me. It ********s me to tears. I find it very hard to do this, but you have to remember you will win in the long run against players like this.
Just remember a quote by Phil Gordon: "Don't tap on the aquarium". For every bad beat, you'll make it up in spades, so to speak.

Borgsta said:

Just had similar situation playing a sit & go on PokerStars.

Had AK of hearts, so I raise pre-flop to $200 (BB $20). Some dude goes all in, so I call. He turns his cards over and has 7-10 of spades. To cut the story short, the clown ended up getting the flush.

No normal person would go all in with that hand after someone had already raised strongly before them. This moron got rewarded for being dumb :mad:

Was in Hawaii a few weeks ago and played a home game at the hostel I was staying at... nine players all up, only $5 for buy-in. Started nicely with pocket 3's that turned into a full house that beat a three-of-a-kind. From then on my stack was slowly melting away but picked my spots and almost doubled up with KK. I couldn't believe the crap hands (K no kicker etc., must have been the weed) people were playing so I just played tight and it worked a treat. Finally got down to three and was just about falling asleep (five or six hours later) so I went all-in with K-rag when I pretty much knew I was up against A-rag... which it happened to be. Lasted a couple more hands but ended up busting out, mainly due to boredom. The last two guys ended up playing for another hour or two... I was happy just to go to bed!

daddy_4_eyes said:
Just had similar situation playing a sit & go on PokerStars.

Had AK of hearts, so I raise pre-flop to $200 (BB $20). Some dude goes all in, so I call. He turns his cards over and has 7-10 of spades. To cut the story short, the clown ended up getting the flush.

No normal person would go all in with that hand after someone had already raised strongly before them. This moron got rewarded for being dumb :mad:

I had one yesterday in a tourney, above average stack, he is moderate.

Raise 50 blind to 200 with AJ, 3 callers.

Flop comes J low low, rainbow. Push all in, one calls he turns over 68spades, and gets runner runner :(

All of a sudden I'm behind the 8 ball where I could have had the biggest stack at the table by more than double.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just deposited for the first time, at Poker-Room, just $10US so it was like $13.50 or something. Anyway, entered in a $5.50 tourney, and they have random tournaments where they add $500 to the prize pool, were 15 minutes in and of the 559, already 130 are out, and it pays top 70. Ill update you peeps if I get in the money.

DoubleA said:
Just deposited for the first time, at Poker-Room, just $10US so it was like $13.50 or something. Anyway, entered in a $5.50 tourney, and they have random tournaments where they add $500 to the prize pool, were 15 minutes in and of the 559, already 130 are out, and it pays top 70. Ill update you peeps if I get in the money.

Play it smart and you can get top 20. I've made about $600 in the past 3 weeks and $500 of it was from $5 tournaments.

Borgsta said:
Play it smart and you can get top 20. I've made about $600 in the past 3 weeks and $500 of it was from $5 tournaments.

I played it smart, till the blinds chewed me up, finished 95th of 560, but you're right Borg, there is some serious money to be made there, might have to have a bit more of a look.

This is kind of how my tournament went, late in the tourney with blinds starting to get high, I got aces UTG, and knowing it was a tight table made the minimum raise....the entire table folded. Then when it came to me only have 4xBB i move all in with JJ, get called by A-K suited and he hits the king...eh.

The dissapointing thing of Poker-Room is there cash games, $5-10 is their 'micro' games? Pff, I cant afford that.

DoubleA said:
The dissapointing thing of Poker-Room is there cash games, $5-10 is their 'micro' games? Pff, I cant afford that.
Aah don't be modest, you're a pretty good player aren't you?

The thing that annoys me about PR is I don't think you can save HH, say like you can with pokerstars.

I've entered the PR nightly freeroll a couple times, finished 403/2400 and 883/2400. Honestly, I can't imagine playing 3-4 hours to get 30th and win $5.

red+black said:
I've entered the PR nightly freeroll a couple times, finished 403/2400 and 883/2400. Honestly, I can't imagine playing 3-4 hours to get 30th and win $5.

Thoes tournaments can be a real killer hours at a time, however my highlight of thoes was playing a 1500 seater, winning it, and getting direct entry into a $200 satellite for last years UK Open, of the 88 people, 1 got the flights/accomodation etc. Needless to say I didnt get it, but beat 1499 people did enough for my ego.

red+black said:
Aah don't be modest, you're a pretty good player aren't you?

Call me old fashioned but I like my poker in person, hence no love for credit-card reliant online poker.

DoubleA said:

The real money cash games are 0.25 and 0.25 so yeah its a bit steep for a micro.

had a great night playing structured during the week. i got very lucky

had an ace high flush, while another guy had K high, he kept raising me , so i kept raising back, pot ended up at $550!!!!

had pocket 7's. flop was 7-3-5. turn- nothing, river another 7!!!! (i didnt play it too well though:rolleyes: still won about 200 off that pot)

had pocket Ace's, flop comes 7-A-7.

had a king high flush.

had a J high flush.

and the smallest one was a Q-9 in my pocket. got 2 pair.

very profitable:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back