Your Predictions for the Fremantle Game

Remove this Banner Ad

MVP_PaulRoos

Team Captain
May 3, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
In Tarrant's defence, he is under the considerable handicap of trying to spoil White from the grandstands.

1. Mumford will spank Clarke. Bradley will play decently to well
Correct: Dead on the money. Clarke got annihilated, and Kepler did a decent job as far as I could see.
2. Jetta will have about 15 disposals at ~70% efficiency, and be roundly praised on this board. He will kick a goal.
Correct: That is another damn good prediction. Jetta had 16 disposals according to the Swans website, at about 62% efficiency. Has been roundly praised and did kick a goal.
3. Shaw will improve his possession numbers, and turn the ball over repeatedly.
Half/Half: His numbers were about the same as they have been for the last month. But he did turn over the ball repeatedly.
4. Dennis-Lane will kick a couple of goals, but not have sustained influence.
Correct: TDL kicked a couple, and was good in my opinion, but did not have sustained influence.
5. White will drop gettable marks as usual.
Correct: He dropped several marks that he really should have taken. Was influential in the last few minutes, when we won the game, so the rest of his game will probably be forgiven, but it was not great.
6. Pavlich and McVeigh will play their best games of the past month.
Half/Half: McVeigh played his best of the last month, but Pavlich has played better than that in pretty well every game of the past month. Pav hasn't been great, but he's been better than that.
7. Fremantle by 10
Incorrect: Although if you'd had faith in us, and kept the same margin, it would have been a beautiful get.
8. Goodes will play well, but isn't best on ground
Half/Half: I wavered in between incorrect and half/half for a while here. I don't think Goodes played well. He wasn't actually bad, but he didn't play well in my opinion. He played alright. But he wasn't BOG, as you predicted.
9. Hannebery plays a very good game and is amongst our best
Correct: Back into your good predicting form here. Certainly in our top 5, and some will probably say he was our best (I'd probably have him third or fourth).

A very strong set of predictions here. Not just predictions that everyone saw coming, and only the one prediction that was completely incorrect. Great work.

MVP_PaulRoos

Team Captain
May 3, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
1.Mcphee will try to rough up Goodes from the beginning
Incorrect: Didn't see any of this. I don't think they even matched up on each other
2.Grover will try to rough up someone
Incorrect: Didn't see this either. Actually didn't see that much of Grover at all.
3.Jetta will do speccy runs down the wings and score a few(2-3)
Half/Half: I was going to give this incorrect, but Jetta did try a few runs down the wings. He seems to have this thing he likes, where he handball in front of himself close to the line, try to run around his player, then regather and continue. Hasn't really come off yet, but I love the fact he's trying. And he only scored one (should have been two, it was a bad miss from out in front).
4.TDL to get2-3
Correct: TDL got two. It is amazing how many people saw this coming. Nice prediction here.
5.Jude to score a few
Incorrect: Jude didn't score and had one of his quieter games for a long time.
6. Malceski + Tadhg to be influential
Incorrect: I don't think either of them were particularly influential.
7. Stephen Hill to be tightly tagged or we will have probs.
Correct: This is an odd sort of prediction, because it predicts two opposing things at once. It predicts that either Hill will be tightly tagged, or Hill would cause Sydney problems. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here, and assume the first part was prediction and the second part was just a comment. Shaw didn't have a great game in my eyes, but he did tag Hill very effectively, and Hill had little impact as a result.
8. If it's wet Jude to be BOG
Null: I've invented this category just for you, right now. It wasn't wet, so the prediction was neither right, nor wrong. I'm also going to use null if someone predicts a guy to be BOG or lead goal scorer, and the guy doesn't end up playing.
9. Swannies by 2 goals
Correct: Easily close enough to be called a very good get.
10. Mummy to dominate, because he can.
Correct: Mumford did dominate, as expected, with Sandilands out of the Freo side.

Started slow, but really picked up speed at the end. And also caused the invention of a new category. Pretty good set of predictions, and was only 3 points outside of picking the exact margin, which is excellent.

MVP_PaulRoos

Team Captain
May 3, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Hill will play one amazing quater and 3 quiet ones to rack up 20 possie
Incorrect: Hill played 4 quiet quarters, and din't get near that much of the ball.
2.mumford will smash us at hitouts and around the groud
but clearances will be even
Half/Half: Mumford did smash you at hitouts and around the ground, but clearances were far from even.
3. Jack to play BOG
Correct: Absolutely spot on in, my view. Jack was BOG for mine.
4.Pav to play 80% of midfield to leave our forward in disarray
Correct: Your forward line looked dangerous anyway, but I'd say that was due to individual brilliance of a few players, rather than the forward line structure. And Pav did seem to spend most of his time in the midfield.
5. broughton duffield to play amazing games
Half/Half: Broughton was great, I didn't really notice Duffield, which means he wasn't in your best. Guys like De Boer, Walters, Broughton, Kepler (he did very well given he was so clearly outclassed), I'd rate their games above Duffield.
6. crowd of 35k
Correct: Official crowd was 34k and change. I don't go much into crowd predictions, but that seems pretty close to me. If I'm wrong, and he's not that close, someone let me know. Otherwise, I'm going to say this was a good call.
7. Umpiring to give away 3 goals to each side but home fans complain about bad umpiring
Half/Half: This is probably too subjective to call for sure. Which is to say I can remember three goals given to Freo, but I only remember one being given to us, which was the soft McGlynn 50m. That probably has more to do with my bias than anything else, but I can't call this correct.
8.close until final 5 minutes in which one goal is kicked to win the game
(not sure which side :S)
Correct: Dead on with this call. Probably could have said the last three, or even the last one!
9. Walters to play amazing :)
Correct: You've picked it again. Walters was one of your best, though seemed to go missing late.

A nice set of predictions here from another visitor from the Freo board. Only one prediction that was wrong, and a few nice calls.

MVP_PaulRoos

Team Captain
May 3, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Mumford will be in our top 5, but not necessarily BOG.
Correct: Definitely Top 5 with a dominany display, but I wouldn't say that he was BOG.
2. Hanners will have 25+ disposals and 4+ inside 50s
Half/Half: Hanners did have over 26 disposal (well over), but he only had the 1 inside 50.
3. Jack will be solid but not brilliant.
Incorrect: I'd have given you half/half, or maybe even correct, if you had stopped at 'Jack will be solid'. But the addition of 'not brilliant' makes this an incorrect, because I thought Jack was brilliant.
4. Goodes will run rampant.
Incorrect: Goodes had a very quiet afternoon out. He was probably due a quiet one. Guess it is good to get it out of the way in a game we won anyway!
5. Pav will be in and out of the game, but do some damage.
Incorrect: Pav was almost exclusively 'out' of the game, and did no damage.
6. Grundy will let Pav get away one or two too many times to have a "good" defensive game, but will make up for it on the rebound.
Null: I don't think this match-up happened, so with my new 'null' ruling now available, I'm going to call this a null.
7. Richards will be decent-poor, but on poor opposition, so it won't be too noticeable.
Correct: You said Richards will be somewhere between decent and poor, and I'd say he was decent. And I didn't really notice him or his opponent, so I guess he wasn't noticeable. I'm going to call this correct.
8. Both Kirk and his opponent will have less than 15 touches.
Half/Half: Suban had less than 15 (only 7), but Kirk had more than 15 (he actually ended up with 18). Very close.
9. Jetta will kick a goal.
Correct: Jetta kicked one goal, and it was an absolute beauty!
10. White will kick 2 goals, but create at least 3 more.
Incorrect: Only kicked 1, and certainly didn't create 3.
11. The margin will be 20-30, whoever wins.
Incorrect: It was a little bit closer than that, unfortunately for my blood pressure.

Got a few good ones here, and the Kirk prediction was very, very close. Nice stuff.

MVP_PaulRoos

Team Captain
May 3, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Jetta to kick at least 2 goals and have over 15 disposals.
Half/Half: He did have over 15 disposals, but he only kicked the 1 goal, though missed one he really should have kicked.
2. White to drop gettable marks, kick one goal, and be criticised after the match by Roos.
Half/Half: White did drop gettable marks, and he did kick one goal, but Roos didn't criticise him that I heard.
3. Malceski to dominate off half-back and drift up field and kick at least one goal.
Half/Half: Malceski was good off half-back, without being flashy, but he didn't kick any goals, or even behinds.
4. McVeigh to have his best game of the year.
Incorrect: It was a good game from McVeigh I thought, but he had some stellar games early in the year (which many seem to have forgotten) and I don't think this effort surpassed them.
5. Goodes to have a quiet one and only kick one goal due to poor accuracy.
Half/Half: Goodes did have a quiet one, but he kicked no goals.
6. ROK to continue his good form and rack up over 25 disposals.
Incorrect: Like Goodes, ROK had a very quiet game, bar his beautiful mark, and then goal, at the very end.
7. Kirk to have more than 5 tackles.
Incorrect: Kirk had his equal worst tackling performance of the year, with just 1 recorded. Although, he had little chance to tackle, since he shut out the man he was tagging so completely, that he was rarely near the ball.
8. TDL to kick between 2-5 goals.
Correct: Kicked 2 goals, is going to be more than useful for us I think.

A lot of half/halfs here. If you had left out the part about Roos criticising, your White prediction would have been dead on the money. Nice work.

MVP_PaulRoos

Team Captain
May 3, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
JESSELENKO :diamond: to slay the foul who fulfil our ranks.
Correct: White may not have had the best game, but he was certainly a big part of the 'slaying' of Freo in the last few minutes.
Jetstar set free from his bonds.
Correct: Jetta certainly threw off the shackles in the last quarter, and looked dangerous every time he had the ball.
Reg to earn most possessions.
Incorrect: That honour goes to a man named Hannebery.
S. Hill to show yet again that he should have been No.1 pick in 2008.
Incorrect: It may yet prove to be the case that Hill should have been taken first pick, but not on the evidence of this game.

The first two predictions were quite poetic and correct. The next two were both less poetic, and less correct. A nice job all up.

MVP_PaulRoos

Team Captain
May 3, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Swans to win by about 4 goals
Half/Half: It was a Swans win, but not by quite that much.
2. Goodes to kill it - best on ground
Incorrect: Don't worry, lot's of us made this mistake. Goodes was very quiet.
3. Ted Richards to step up another level and play a ripper
Incorrect: Wasn't bad by any means, but probably a step down from last week, if anything.
4. Mike Pyke will kick a goal
Correct: Dead on the money. I really admire Pyke, and I'm always glad when something goes his way. Beautiful goal.
5. Pav, Mundy and Suban to be the best Freo players
Incorrect: Actually, if you had said worst, you'd probably have got the prediction of the wekk! Not that they were the worst, but compared to expectation, they were certainly poor.
6. Jetta will kick 2.0
Incorrect: Not far off, he kicked 1.1.
7. J.Bolton to top the contested possessions
Incorrect: There were a few in front of him in this line.
8. White will take a hanger and kick 3.2
Incorrect: Kicked 1.1, I think, and took some good marks late, but nothing I would call a hanger.

Predicting Pyke's goal was good work, that came a little from left field. It was good to watch though. Nice work.

MVP_PaulRoos

Team Captain
May 3, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Adam Goodes quote during the week: "We really have to come to over to Perth and play exactly the style of football we played last week, winning the contested ball, giving ourselves plenty of opportunities to score."

based on that, I am predicting a massive loss :eek:
Incorrect: A tight win instead.

A massive loss for Freo would have helped our percentage, but I'll take any win we can get at this stage

MVP_PaulRoos

Team Captain
May 3, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Jetta to kick 3
Incorrect: The Jetstar only kicked one I'm afraid, but it was a good one!
2. TDL to kick 4
Incorrect: Just the two, but sooner or later he will kick a bag.
3. Jack BOG
Correct: I would say that Jack was BOG, though I'm sure there will be some debate, particularly with Hannebery's very good, high possession game.
4. Swans to win by 38
Half/Half: Swans did win, but a little optimistic with the margin.
5. Goodes to get at least one stupid 50m call for blinking at the wrong moment
Incorrect: Goodes kept his unpleasant blinking habit well in check.
6. Jetta's family to be a focal point for camera and commentators alike - expect regular pans to their faces
Incorrect: Disappointingly, they didn't even mention the family, or show the faces.
7. Mattner to collide with a goal post in tragicomedic circumstances
Incorrect: Don't even joke about it! The last thing we can afford now is MORE injuries!

You picked Jack being BOG, which is right in my view. He had a spectacular game, though lower in disposals than Hannebery, who also had a good game.

MVP_PaulRoos

Team Captain
May 3, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Pyke to kick 2:0
Incorrect: That was a very ambitious prediction, and you just fell one goal short.
2. Jetts to kick 2:2
Incorrect: Jetta kicked 1.1.
3. Swans to kick 16:10
Incorrect: Swans scored 14.12, but you actually got the number of scoring shots right, interestingly enough.
4. Fremantle to kick 11:14
Incorrect: Fremantle kicked 13.9. This time you were 3 scoring shots off. These score predictions are actually pretty good.
5. Swans to win by what ever that difference works out to be.
Incorrect: The difference between your scores, if my math holds, is 26 points. The actual score difference was 9.
That was my dream last night. Get on board!

If you just look at the total number of scoring shots you predicted, your dream was actually pretty close to the mark!

MVP_PaulRoos

Team Captain
May 3, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Swans to win by 45+
Incorrect: I love the optimism, but we weren't quite this good.
2. Mumford to dominate, not only in hitouts but to have 10 tackles+
Half/Half: Mumford did dominate, but only recorded 5 tackles.
3. Pyke to also dominate hitouts.
Correct: Pyke had 17 hit-outs, second only to Mumford's 30!
4. Swans to kill it at the clearences, getting atleast 60% of them
Correct: An absolute thrashing at the clearances.
5. Goodes to get BoG
Incorrect: A quiet one from the Mighty Goodes.
6. Jack to have a quieter game, but kick 2 goals whilst keeping his opponent out of the match.
Incorrect: Jack had a fantastic match, and he only kicked one goal.
7. White to show the sort of form he did last year and kick a bag of 5 or more.
Incorrect: Unfortunately White put out another lacklustre performance, although he did deliver right at the end.
8. Pav to be brought into the midfield to arrest a flow of goals only leave their forward line undermanned.
Correct: Perhaps not a flow of goals, but certainly a midfield domination brought Pav into the midfield for most of the game, and their forward structure suffered as a result.

Some good calls here, particularly picking Pyke's good ruck work, which is often overshadowed by Mumford.

MVP_PaulRoos

Team Captain
May 3, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
I dreamt last night that Jetta kicked 5, so i got up, went down to the pub to put 10 bucks on him to kick the most goals, thinking that would pay huuuge!!
Incorrect: I'm going to assume this is a prediction for Jetta to kick the most goals, which he did not.
he isnt even listed! surely a half forward would e on the list to kick the most goals. anyway, i ended up putting it on player not listed at $9. so bring on the $90!!!!
Incorrect: McGlynn kicked the most goals I believe, and he is always listed.
O and mummy will run wild and break Jollys record for most hitouts:thumbsu:
Half/Half: Mummy did run wild, but didn't break the record.

I'm not certain that some of those were predictions, but I assumed they were because they were in the post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MVP_PaulRoos

Team Captain
May 3, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Ok ....(usually hate these predictulations;)) but just so I can see how I go?

1. After Roosy pumping up McGlynns 'tyres' during the week ,it will go one of two ways either...he absolutely blitzs it?... or is quiet with extra tagging type attention. My guess is the latter!
Incorrect: Should have gone with the former. He was dominant in that game, until he was injured.
2.Pav will have to play one of his best for Freo to win. Grundy (with support from Mal and Tagdh) will have to play out of their skin when he goes forward. Will be Gundys biggest mental test so far! He now has the ability and calmness under pressure to hold him to 3 or 4:thumbsu:
Null: Grundy didn't play on Pav much, if at all, so this one is null.
3.Stating the somewhat obvious ...but Swans will need a great start and kick straight early as the gruelling game effort last week, the travel and big ground will take it's toll late in the game. Jetta to kick 3-4 straight through!!!! ...in front of 'bros' on home turf!
Incorrect: Jetta only kicked the one goal, but it was one worth watching.
4. Jesselenko will finally have the space to take (grabs) clean... will be his best game this year.
Incorrect: White has had a few better games this year, although this game is pretty high up the list, sort of a sad indication of White's season to date.
5. Keiren will be targeted. Their (Freo's) tainted footy credibility rests on at least stopping him. Expect a wrestle ....or full on punch up... I'll back Keiren Jack any day:D
Correct: I'm taking this prediction as meaning you though Freo would be unable to stop Jack. And you were 100% right.
6. If Swans not up by at least 16+ points at 3/4 time.... then Freo will win by 22.
Incorrect: Swans were down at 3/4 time and went on to win.
Of course ....I'm backing Swans by 8 points! Go Swannies!!
Correct: Not exactly right, but easily close enough for me! Brilliant.

The set of predictions had a few misses but that last prediction on the margin was fantastic!

MVP_PaulRoos

Team Captain
May 3, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Sydney
Best calls of the Round

Best set of predictions = Swansfan51. Swansfan51 once again takes the prize (note: the prize is recognition, prestige, etc, etc, no actual prizes) for best set of predictions. He made a fair few predictions and only got one completely wrong. And the ones he got right were not simple ones that everyone could see coming. Take note people. I gave nobody any credit for predicting Mumford would dominate that game. That was as inevitable as the tides. The more risk you take with your predictions, the more credit you get for being right. Well done Swansfan51.

Best individual prediction = Corpuscles & Plugg3r. Corpuscles was only one point off predicting the exact margin that the Swans would win by, which was fairly impressive. The other impressive prediction was made by Plugg3r, who predicted that TDL would kick 2 and Jetta would kick 1, and that was in one single prediction, which was the impressive part of the call. It was sort of like a multibet prediction I guess. An honourable mention goes to benchwarmers, who predicted the Pyke goal. I wanted to include you but I can't have any more than two people tie for this prize.

LEADER BOARD

Best Set Of Predictions
Swansfan51 - 2

Best Individual Prediction
Corpuscles - 1
Plugg3r - 1
Swansfan51 - 1
Swans4eva - 1

Corpuscles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2006
Lunatic Park
AFL Club
Sydney
The set of predictions had a few misses but that last prediction on the margin was fantastic!

Haha!!:D You're both a bit hard and a bit soft on the marking my test.

Hardmarking
McGlynn responded to Roos praise for courage (I wish he had not!.. that dive was reckless and he will be a big loss)
Grundy was great and calm even though noton Pav.
Pav didn't do enough
Jetta's goal was worth 3
Jesse is still dropping easy marks :eek:...but his most valuable contribution this season (goal and late last qtr mark sensational and critical)

Softmarking
Jack always gives a tough hard 110%... easy prediction

Score result... more hope than crystal ball stuff!!! Swans rarely ever win by more than 10 points against reasonable sides.... so was a super easy prediction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back