Your Predictions ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If James Hird is sacked and removed from the Essendon football club then this 20 year member will leave with him.

How bloody pathetic.

Even as a life long Essendon supporter, I could never leave my club in that fashion. Only finances are stopping me from signing up. To be brutally honest, Hird is just one part of the club, not the whole club. Sadly your feelings are expressed by so many Essendon people I really don't get it.

No one can be very sure at this point but if:

Not guilty. ASADA won't appeal lack of evidence.

Guilty and players get less than 6 weeks they won't appeal, unless ASADA appeals to lenient a sentence.

Guilty and players get 12 months they appeal.
It's a real chuck the marbles up in the air and see which one's come down first situation.

How bloody pathetic.

Even as a life long Essendon supporter, I could never leave my club in that fashion. Only finances are stopping me from signing up. To be brutally honest, Hird is just one part of the club, not the whole club. Sadly your feelings are expressed by so many Essendon people I really don't get it.

The moment we turn on our own is when we have lost our way, Removing Hird will be the last straw for a lot of Essendon supporters, Our club has been told by every man and his dog that James Hird is a cancer and needs to be culled, GET FARKED! If sacking our coach just to appease the public were to eventuate I'd be done!

The moment we turn on our own is when we have lost our way, Removing Hird will be the last straw for a lot of Essendon supporters, Our club has been told by every man and his dog that James Hird is a cancer and needs to be culled, GET FARKED! If sacking our coach just to appease the public were to eventuate I'd be done!
18kx9t3on9n28jpg.jpg

Essendon has sacked coaches in the past. As has every other club.

Did the club lose supporters when Reynolds left for Coleman?
Or when Coleman was dumped for Clarke?
Or when Clarke got dumped for Birt?
Or when Birt got dumped for Tuddenham?
Tuddy for Stephen?
Stephen for Davis?
Davis for Sheedy?
Sheedy for Knights?
Knights for Hird?

The club has continued to grow despite changing coaches 9 times since 1960. If Hird goes, then someone else will be coach (Harvey, Bassett the front-runners at this stage).

The point is that it shouldn't bloody matter who the coach is, the club goes on and will continue to go on.

My broader answer is, James Hird is the best person to coach this footy side and as long as the players want him coach everything else is irrelevant.
Ok, what happens if the players are cleared and the season is a fizzer? I'm not baiting you as others might, it's a legit question.

Tuddy for Stephen?
Stephen for Davis?
Davis for Sheedy?
Sheedy for Knights?
Knights for Hird?

The club has continued to grow despite changing coaches 9 times since 1960. If Hird goes, then someone else will be coach (Harvey, Bassett the front-runners at this stage).

The point is that it shouldn't bloody matter who the coach is, the club goes on and will continue to go on.
Recent history has shown having a 'club legend' coaching has it's peril's. Sadly Brisbane, Collingwood and the Eagles to a lesser extent are proof of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, what happens if the players are cleared and the season is a fizzer? I'm not baiting you as others might, it's a legit question.

I honestly believe if players are cleared and the cloud hanging over the club is removed we will be one of the favorites come seasons end.

James Hird should only be sacked when he loses the faith of the players or his results are too damned to ignore.

If it's because of the broader view of the public then it's wrong.

I honestly believe if players are cleared and the cloud hanging over the club is removed we will be one of the favorites come seasons end.

James Hird should only be sacked when he loses the faith of the players or his results are too damned to ignore.

If it's because of the broader view of the public then it's wrong.
Thanks.

Tuddy for Stephen?
Stephen for Davis?
Davis for Sheedy?
Sheedy for Knights?
Knights for Hird?

Completely different circumstances.

The players should have Hirds fate in their hands, I could only accept his removal if it was voted for by the players.
Is that fair enough?

The players should have Hirds fate in their hands, I could only accept his removal if it was voted for by the players.
Is that fair enough?
So the tail should wag the dog?

I don't think that's the case at all, Every playing group needs a coach they will give 100% and beyond for.
Players should not be responsible for whether a coach is fired or not, that's a board decision.

But things are obviously different at the Essendon compound.

I don't think that's the case at all, Every playing group needs a coach they will give 100% and beyond for.
As a side note to that, Harvey was the bee's knee's until he was flicked by the Freo and then all the dirt came out.

Same with Lyon at the Saints and the list goes on.

Players should not be responsible for whether a coach is fired or not, that's a board decision.

But things are obviously different at the Essendon compound.

Disagree, Players mindset towards the coach needs to taken into account, It always comes down to performance obviously but the players should definitely have a voice.

Is that fair enough?

Absolutely not.

Performance is the primary criteria as to whether a coach stays or goes. This current set of circumstances is so extraordinary that it has to be an issue. In short, any guilty verdict on March 31 has to be an issue for Hird coaching going forward.

Not what the players think.
Not what the fans think.
Not what the sponsors think.
Not what the board thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back