Opinion Your preferred premier - Hawthorn or Fremantle

Who is your preferred premiership team, besides Geelong?

• Hawthorn

Votes: 40 18.3%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 43 19.6%
  • Sydney

Votes: 22 10.0%
  • Richmond

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Carlton

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Anyone except Hawthorn

Votes: 38 17.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo, Hawks fans are flogs of the highest order. They win 1 of the last 12 against us and all of a sudden think they own us lol :rolleyes:

They're just having a little fun after copping it from you guys for 5 years.... People take **** on this forum so seriously

Why am I reading this thread?! Gotta un-follow it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Whinging, arrogant, feral...........Go HAWKS!!!

Seriously they have complained about everything........now the the AFL hate them because they can't wear that digusting purple..........qantas are jacking up the prices.....it's not fair it's our first GF they should let us fly for free.......only 14000 tickets.....wah wah it's unfair.....the AFL hates us.....wah,wah......We had to play at Geelong....wah wah wah..........Hawthorn have had more of a rest than us......wah wah.

Go Hawks

The Hawks are my third favourite team whereas I hate Ross Lyon and Freo are my second most hated team (behind GWS). With Richmond gone it's an easy choice.

The pain of friday night is now numb enough for me to recognise that on Saturday there is a greater foe that must be defeated. There is no place for Ross Lyon and Fremantle in the halls of victory. They must be stopped. They must be defeated. They must be denied.

Seriously... There is no way in hell any of you should support the Hawks.. * em... I'll hate them till the day I die, the worst winners I've ever heard/seen....

Go <insert team> against Hawhorn!

Who would you rather see win the premiership this weekend?

As a Geelong supporter, this Grand Final is a meeting of two of our "enemy" clubs. Both teams have done us wrong in the past, so I don't care for either of them.

I don't want to see Hawthorn win, because of their tool supporters. I remember how their supporters treat Geelong, and the irrational hatred they have for us, so I would like to see nothing more than to see them suffer.

Except...

...that they are playing Fremantle, with dickheads like Ryan Crowley and Hayden Ballantyne, two little shits who constantly go over the line to anagonise and bully us, and they seem to target Geelong more than any other team. Also, Ross Lyon is a knob who defends these bullies' disgraceful actions. I would love to see nothing more than Fremantle to lose, to wipe that stupid smug off Crowley's idiot face, and see Ballantyne cry like the little sook he is. Also, the look of Ross Lyon, when his "status" as the league's best coach lays in tatters, as Lyon would be a three-time Grand Final coaching failure.

A pox on both their houses!

I will watch the Grand Final, just to hang out with my family and watch an event. Besides, my mother provides a large spread of food to eat, so I never turn down a free meal (as my stomach proves), and I will sit and eat and boo both teams.

So, who are you backing? Hawthorn, Fremantle or neither? Are you still going to watch the game, or give it a miss, because Geelong is not in it?

The worst winners ever! Never before has their been a worse winner than the Hawks. When they win it is the worst! And their way of winning is the worst of the ways to win!

Yay I'm a legit BigFooty Cats fan now!

OMG you've just put all my feelings about this GF into one post.

That and I don't mind Sewell and Roughy.

I feel sick but I will be cheering on the hawks! Of a fashion anyhow.

That's if I watch it.........

Yeah i seem to be losing friends, well friend over this. A really good mate of mine- Dockers fan in WA- we're always been really nice to each other, the banter is only ever friendly over footy n stuff, this is what I read on his page during the Hawks game "oh smash them Hawks, wipe the smug smile off Tom hawkins face, the smug bastard" or something like that. And he would know I would see that.And there were others.

Should I return the favour with a similar message regarding Ross Lyon? :rolleyes:

I blocked the one and only cocky Docker "friend" I had on FB last year. Hence it makes picking a team this year so, so easy! There isn't a team out there that wouldn't have a Geelong hating mouth breathing dribbler among their rank and file, the trick is to pick them out of your life one by one :)

I wish there was a way that they could both lose. I would rather see a tornado descend on the ground and blow them all far away. I wouldn't wish death or serious injury on anyone but just blow them far enough away so that by the time they all got back together ready to play, the footy season was well over and everyone had forgotten about the grand final except their own supporters.
I started following footy in the mid sixties and even as a little kid thought Hawthorn along with Collingwood were the "dirty" teams. I've seen ugly contests since and haven't changed my mind - from the Neville Bruns incident, to the ugly squawks fans cheering when Daniel Menzel hurt his knee to the BF posters who never miss a chance to abuse Cats players and supporters.
Then along came Freo who were a nothing team for a long time - couldn't play football and went the dirty tactics but weren't even good at that. In recent times they've taken up the ugliest style of constipated football and lots of thug behind the play behaviour. I didn't have any particular feeling toward them after they beat us last year, but their carrying on when they had to play a final in Geelong, Ross Lyon's big mouth and general poor sportsmanship and the ugly gloating of their fans has put them on a level with Hawthorn.
I have more respect for the way Hawthorn play. They seem to have left their brand of "unsociable football" i.e. dirty play, behind and now have played with skill rather than dirty tactics this year and probably deserve the premiership. I know some Hawthorn supporters who are decent people - don't know anyone who barracks for Freo - but as a teacher who survived the nightmare of the Kennett years the thought of him gloating turns my stomach.The best part of our eleven wins over Hawthorn was seeing him unhappy as I thought of all the teachers whose careers and lives he blighted.
I won't be watching the grand final or the news or any footy shows (I'll be getting plenty of DVDs so I don't see any footy by accident.) I hate them both and couldn't prefer either.

I hate both these teams. I don't mind Roughead though.

If Hawthorn lose, boy it will be fun to watch the s**t slinging going on and they will earn the tag "GF Chokers"

But, if Freo win, I can't stand the thought of Lyon, Dawson, Ballantyne and Crowley becoming premiership coach/players...

* em both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I despise Hawthorn and everything they stand for, no one would've been happier to see them merge with Melbourne back in 1996 than me, it would've seen the end of them. I was most upset at losing Fitzroy from the competition, however i wouldn't have given a flying F*** if the Hawks had gone.
As for this week i couldn't care less, i can't stand Fremantle and i have no respect for Ross Lyon and his coaching methods.
In a battle of the poo colours versus the purple pukes then i reluctantly say Dock on...but i won't be watching it!
Bring on next season!

Its hard to barrack for someone when Geelong aernt involved

When Carlton played Richmond in that EF- early in the game Carlton were getting flogged- i thought beautiful - cant stand Carlton ( probably to be honest - jealous of all their success over the years )- then i thought to myself - what am i barracking for Richmond for - those ruthless baaarstds - use to destroy the Cats in the late 60s early 70s- so i was in a bit of a dilemma who i wanted to win

As to the Grand Final - ive got an interesting take on it - would prefer Freo - their supporters (like us in 2007) are going to get tremendous joy if they win it- theve had 19 years of hell - they havent been gifted a state team like the Eagles- they will have earnt the flag fair and square

And i dont buy into the criticism of Ross Lyon at all - he got the job 2 years ago- and in his 2nd year - gets Freo into a GF- outstanding performance- prior to him getting there - Fremantle were a flaky heartbreaking inconsistent rabble - bordering on a joke - and now they can win a flag with Rossy boy at the healm

My only worry for Freo - is as excited as their supporters are- to get into a GF- there going to experience what Cats supporters experienced in the early 90s - and are going to get absolutely flogged

Ill watch, but will find it hard to go for either team. Hope for a rough game, and Freo only just

I hate Ballantyne , Crowley and Lyon so I don't want Freo to win. But there is no way in the world I want the Hawks to win purely based on their supporter base. The most ungracious winners you ever want to see. They hate Selwood but love that little sniper Mitchell. The posts on Friday night were unbelievable in their venom towards our boys. Read their forum for 30 minutes. The league hates them, the umpires hate them, the umpires love us, the league love us, Selwood is a cheat, Selwood is a sook, Chris Scott is a sore loser (Alistair Clarkson anyone) Chappy is a knob, Hawkins is a fat prick and we never beat them in big games( I don't know what the 2011 QF was then). Freo is easily the lesser of two evils. It is like choosing lethal injection over slowly drowning.

I blocked the one and only cocky Docker "friend" I had on FB last year. Hence it makes picking a team this year so, so easy! There isn't a team out there that wouldn't have a Geelong hating mouth breathing dribbler among their rank and file, the trick is to pick them out of your life one by one :)

But see my mate was never that cocky "idiot"- it just seems like he has turned into one just recently!

Like I said, I'm not even going to say anything about the Grand Final- positive or negative. Is a shame, we were once pretty good friends and I would have been on his side for sure this weekend. Stuff him now.

I'm quietly pleased that by 5.30pm on Saturday, I'll see either Clarkson and Buddy or Ballantyne and Crowley shattered. Can't lose!

Very similar feeling on this one now.. Whoever wins i will shrug my shoulders and say "well they probably deserved it".. But whoever loses.. Prepare for the onslaught of taunts lol

I'm quietly pleased that by 5.30pm on Saturday, I'll see either Clarkson and Buddy or Ballantyne and Crowley shattered. Can't lose!

Unless it's a draw. Then they'll all be shattered. :)

That's what I was saying in the lead up to 2010, going on and on about how it'd be awesome if it was a draw, hahaha.

Ive been miserable about the 2 teams i hate the mosst being in a GF. But i had an epiphany tonight. If Hawthorn win, Im gonna LOVE the Freo tears. Especially knowing some of those flogs drove a purple bus across the desert to see it live. But if Freo win, im gonna LOVE the fact Hawthorn have lost two GF's back to back. And Clarkson has reportedly signed with WCE. And Buddy is gone. = a complete unravelling.

its all about perspective.

Back