Prediction Your rd 1 team in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

For those who has the Rat missing round 1

He finished top 10’B&F so he won’t slide out of our best 22 that quickly

I get what you're saying, but he doesn't fit for me as we're well covered with outside options.

Gallucci perhaps, but I'd loathe to relegate him after his last season (especially the 7.5vpg in winning sides). Knight could be an option but we seem to absolutely love him.

It's very hard to know how we are going to trade.
I'm going to assume we're going to get a new 1st ruckman, cos we clearly don't rate ROB enough to even give a terrible Jacobs a spell.

Other than that, we'll see. Also have to assume everyone is fit.

B Laird - Talia - Brown
HB - Keath - Milera - Doedee
C Seedsman - Brouch - Rat
HF Lynch - Jenkins - Gallucci
F Betts - Walker - Knight
R New Ruck - Sloane - Mrouch
I Greenwood - Atkins - Gibbs - Smith

Interesting, as I leave out Murph who I really rate. He'll play plenty.
Awsome running long kicking half back/wingers in the team, Milera, Seed, Smithers.

Older blokes are now depth and will be competing with the new kids for spots! Like!
Murph, Fog, Himmelberg, draft picks vs Sauce, Mackay, Dougie, Kelly, Cheney.

You listed Atkins twice

B: Brown - Talia - Doedee
HB: Smith - Keath - Laird
C: Milera - Gibbs - Seedsman
HF: Douglas - Walker - Lynch
F: Murphy - Jenkins - Betts
R: Jacobs - Mrouch - Sloane
INT: Gallucci - Brouch - Greenwood - Knight.

EMG: Fog, *pick 7, Atkins & Kelly

We need to attempt to trade Hartigan.

B: Brown - Talia - Doedee
HB: Laird - Keath - Smith
C: Seedsman - Sloane - Gibbs
HF: Lynch - Walker - Lukosius
F: Betts - Jenkins - Rankine
R: Jacobs - Crouch - Crouch
I: Greenwood - Knight - Milera - Gallucci

Last edited:
Fogarty is definitely getting 15+ games at this point of time. We rate him far too highly not for it to occur when a blooding spot opens.

2nd Gibbs for Brouch I'd concede though.
Yes I ageee Fog plays back and fwd as swingman where we require him for matchups too talented to not play if fit

Without Mcgovern who is leaving and without injuries.., fingers crossed....who is in your rd 1 team next year? Ive included Rankine as i fully believe he will be a crow in 19.

B. Brown Talia Keath
Hb. Laird Doedee Milera
C. Smith Sloane Seedsman
Hf. Rankine Walker Lynch
F. Betts Jenkins Murphy
R. Jacobs M.Crouch Gibbs
Int. Greenwood, Gallucci, Douglas, Knight.
Emg. Fogarty, Cheney, Atkins.
Seeing as it's hypothetical I'd swap B.Crouch for Douglas

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Well, he's a very good player.

giphy.gif

B: Brown, Talia, Doedee
HB: Smith, Keath, Laird
C: Seedsman, Mrouch, Gibbs
HF: Lynch, Walker, Douglas
F: Betts, Jenkins, Greenwood
R: Jacobs, Sloane, Knight
I: Milera, Brouch, Gallucci, Murphy

Whilst I have Milera as mainly part of the defensive 7, would like to see us rotate him through the midfield, & Gibbs, Sloane & Douglas rotating down back as well as on ball & up forward at times.

You see it with Richmond now & the premiership Hawks & Cats that they run a deeper midfield through the flanks. We have the players to do the same.

Knight becomes our niggling run-with player when needed against a gun opposition midfielder... or gun opposition HBF.

Premiership team right there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never lose a game but Impossible to fit in a salary cap.

Half our problem is how good we are developing players and drafting them.

Hence why we gambled with Gibbs and lost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of us have the same 23/24 blokes in our starting team, with the potential for some quality draftees that could play a bit in 2019.

And it’s a bloody good line up - don’t * it up again, Burton.

Draftees aside, I’m most looking forward to a fully fit Smith & Brad Crouch, the development of Milera and Gooch, and Eddie winning the Coleman. I reckon Fogarty needs another 2 preseasons before he’s a first XXII player.

A streamlined Tex winning 20 touches a game would be nice too, rather than the angry bohemith trying to take opposition defenders out.

Round 1 Team:
Brown Talia Doedee
Laird Keath Milera
Seedsman Sloane Smith
Lynch Jenkins Knight
Betts Walker Gallucci

(ruck trade)? MCrouch Gibbs

Greenwood BCrouch/(Draft)Lukosius? Himmelberg/Fogarty Draft(Rankine?)

Players i would like to see progress from and possibly push for games:
Davis McPherson Fogarty Himmelberg

I really like our rebounding strength from the backline with Doedee, Laird, Milera, Keath, Smith and Seedsman. This group is elite and the best collective group of rebounders in the league. I have some concerns with our ruck and forward line. Will tex come back fit and impact games? Will Betts get back to his 2016-2017 best? Can Lynch take his game to a new level? Can Knight stay injury free or will he be traded? Who will play the mcgovern role? I like the look of Himmelberg and will he be ready after another preseason? Could Luko be the replacement for gov if we nab him? Will gov find himself here for another year if we play hardball? I definitely see our midfield stronger with gallucci and possibly a fit bcrouch back. Is milera ready for some midfield minutes? I think so and his speed is needed. A new ruck is a major necessity. Overall we must get more pace in the team especiallly midfield and we must move players out with poor decision making and poor foot skills.

Players i would not like to see in our team unless injuries:
Mackay Douglas Otten Jacobs Kelly Hartigan Cey. These players will not help us win a flag imo.

Last edited:
My effort:

FIRST XXII
Betts Jenkins Gallucci
Lynch Walker Knight
Atkins Sloane Seedsman
- Jacobs MCrouch Gibbs
Laird Keath Smith
Brown Talia Doedee

| BCrouch Milera Greenwood Rozee/Rankine

If we don’t have a draftee ready to rock I’d have Murphy next in line but the club will have Douglas in there. We need a quick, forward pressure group of Knight, Gooch etc to support the slow/defensively lazy Tex, Lynch & Jenkins.

Although we need a new first ruck I can’t see anyone but Jacobs given every opportunity again in 2019.

Doedee Talia Brown
Laird Keath Milera
Seed Sloane Smith
Brouch Walker Lynch
Betts Jenkins Knight

Sauce Mrouch Gibbs

Greenwood Gallucci Fog Atkins

Would ideally like Preuss and Rankine in for Sauce and Atkins.

The sad thing is we have a bloody great best 22 if we can get them on the park for most of the season we should easily be top 4.

The Smith, Milera, Seedsman, Laird half back/ wingers is elite.

Our first job at preseason is getting those 4 blokes use to correct decsion making under immense pressure. Plus a system that allows them to know that everytime they get the ball they know they are going to have a teammate in a certain area everytime.

I'm realistic about the fact we won't be attracting anyone half decent after this year's s**t show.

Holding onto hope we at least get our s**t together to draft Rankine without poort snaking us.

Brown- Talia - Doedee
Smith - Keath - Laird
Seedsman - B Crouch - Gibbs
Gallucci - Walker - Lynch
Betts - Fogarty - Rankine

Jenkins - Sloane - M Crouch

Milera - Greenwood - McPherson - Atkins

Round 1 Injury List
  • Brad Crouch (groin/hamstring).
  • Taylor Walker (foot/hamstring).
  • Riley Knight (''managed'').
  • Sam Jacobs (literally a statue but we're playing him anyway).
  • Paul Seedsman (hamstring).
  • Alex Keath (hamstring).
  • Tom Lynch (illness).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back