Prediction Your rd 1 team in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Currently our list of 40 players and 4 rookies assuming Signorello and Hunter are replaced with rookies.
Barring a horrendous run of injuries we should be able to plan and manage players as there's a direct younger replacement in most positions.

Brown Talia Doodee
Laird Keath Smith
Seedsman Gibbs Sloane
Lynch Walker Gallucci
Betts Jenkins Draft pick 1

Jacobs Crouch Crouch
Greenwood Atkins Douglas Milera

Kelly Otten Cheney
McPherson Hartigan McKay
Davis Wilson Draft pick 2
McAdam Fogarty Poholke
Stengle Himmelberg Murphy

O’Brien CEY Knight
Wright Draft pick 3 Draft pick 4 Rookie Rookie

Currently our list of 40 players and 4 rookies assuming Signorello and Hunter are replaced with rookies.
Barring a horrendous run of injuries we should be able to plan and manage players as there's a direct younger replacement in most positions.

Brown Talia Doodee
Laird Keath Smith
Seedsman Gibbs Sloane
Lynch Walker Gallucci
Betts Jenkins Draft pick 1

Jacobs Crouch Crouch
Greenwood Atkins Douglas Milera

Kelly Otten Cheney
McPherson Hartigan McKay
Davis Wilson Draft pick 2
McAdam Fogarty Poholke
Stengle Himmelberg Murphy

O’Brien CEY Knight
Wright Draft pick 3 Draft pick 4 Rookie Rookie

We will probably go the 38 and 6 model as we did this year. Also Reid sounded like we were keeping Hunter. So Rookies - Murphy, Wilson, Hunter, CEY with 2 more Rookie picks and 3 Draft Picks As CEY is a rookie so currently its 35 on our list and CEY, Murphy, Wilson and Hunter on Rookie list. So you have us with39+ 5 rookies and not 40+ 4.

Last edited:
We will probably go the 38 and 6 model as we did this year. Also Reid sounded like we were keeping Hunter. So Rookies - Murphy, Wilson, Hunter, CEY with 2 more Rookie picks and 3 Draft Picks As CEY is a rookie so currently its 35 on our list and CEY, Murphy, Wilson and Hunter on Rookie list. So you have us with39+ 5 rookies and not 40+ 4.
So Signorello gone. If they don't get a good upgrade deal Cheney gone or someone gets traded.

So Signorello gone. If they don't get a good upgrade deal Cheney gone or someone gets traded.
Yet to sign - Sig, Cheney

1 - Greenwood
2- B Crouch
3 - R Knight
4- Jenkins
5 - M Crouch
6 - Gibbs
7 - Gallucci
8 - Kelly
9 - Sloane
10 - Poholke
11 - Seedsman
12 - Talia
13 - Tex
14- Mackay
15 - Hartigan
16- Brown
17 - Betts
18 - Atkins
19 - Otten - Re-Signed
20 - Jacobs
21 - Douglas
22 - Lynch
23 - Laird
24 - Milera
25- Fogarty
26 - Smith
27 - Himmelberg
28 - McPherson
29 - Doedee
30 - Davis
31 - Keath
32 - O'Brien
33 - McAdam
34 Stengel

Rookies
Cey
Murphy
Hunter - Listening to Reid today sounds like he can stay as a rookie.
Wilson

So I assuming Cheney and Sig are delisted it will leave us with 34 and 4. So 4 picks and 2 Rookie picks to go the 38 and 6 model.

Last edited:
Mitch. Unfortunate during the trade period we were not able to come up with an agreement with Carlton - but as you know that's out of my hands.

Hit the gym. You will be playing centre half back. Your line coach is new to the club so it is a fresh start for you, at least as fresh as possible. I expect you to play every game and be talked about as an All Australian candidate. Next year will be a new trade period and if we can come up with something which works with Carlton at that time then we will - an All Australian season from you will be the foundation.

(If we trade Gov then Fogarty replaces him in the 7 man defensive rotation. Keath CHB and Fog as the 'hide on an OK forward and ask to intercept & rebound'.)

Smith reclaims his spot in defence. Milera goes back to the wing. Seedsman and Milera on the wings. Hawks won premierships with a slowish midfield and two lethal wings in Hill and Smith. Seedsman and Milera need to be that good.

Hartigan just ahead of Brown for the second lockdown defender role. I really like Hartigan on the mid size marking players like Danger, Gray, Greene. We have enough attacking players around him for a nice balance.

Douglas just ahead of Greenwood for the last spot because of his versatility.

Jenkins second half of 2018 was solid. It was the first time I have watched him and thought 'this guy can be trusted to make a contest'. Tex needs to back JJ in to keep doing that - then lose some weight - and go back to the Tex of old who marks on the wing and drills a pass straight to the leading forward.

With Gallucci, Betts, Murhpy and Knight all in the 7 man forward rotation we will have at least 3 pressure forwards at all times. That will make everyone else look better.

Injury permitting I am quite confident about next year.

My lineup:

FB: Hartigan - Talia - Doedee
HB: Smith - McGovern - Laird - (Keath)
C: Seedsman - Sloane - Milera
HF: Gallucci - Walker - Lynch - (Murphy)
FF: Betts - Jenkins - Knight
R: Jacobs - BCrouch - MCrouch - Gibbs - (Douglas)

Unlucky:
Greenwood
Brown
Atkins
Mackay

Developing:
Poholke
Himmelberg
Davis
McPherson
(Draftees)

Break glass in case of many injuries:
ROB
CEY
Kelly
Cheney
Otten
Wilson
Post player trade period update. Still assuming zero injuries.

Changes:
- MGov out. Keath centre half back. Fogarty 3rd tall intercept and rebound.
- McAdam to start in the reserves and make a thrilling mid season debut a la Charles a few years ago

Also changed my mind about Murphy v Greenwood. Greenwood midfield, Gibbs half forward, Murphy reserves. (Until BCrouch gets injured.)

FB: Hartigan - Talia - Doedee
HB: Smith - Keath - Laird - (Fogarty)
HF: Gallucci - Walker - Lynch - (Gibbs)
FF: Betts - Jenkins - Knight
R: Jacobs - BCrouch - MCrouch - Greenwood - (Douglas)

Unlucky
Brown
Atkins
Mackay
McAdam
Murphy (R)

Developing
Stengle
Poholke
Himmelberg
Davis
McPherson
Draftee
Draftee
Draftee
Draftee (R)
Draftee (R)
Draftee (R)
Draftee (R)

Depth
ROB
CEY
Kelly
Otten
Wilson (R)

Delisted / retired
Hampton
Gibson
Cheney
Signorello

Alright post trade period, how I'd line up round 1:

FB: Brown - Talia - Fogarty
HB: Smith - Doedee - Laird
HF: Gallucci - Walker - Lynch
FF: Betts - Jenkins - McAdams
R: Jacobs - Gibbs - MCrouch
I: BCrouch - Greenwood - Atkins - Knight

Right now, i'm kinda digging the idea of Doedee playing as an undersized KPD and letting Fogarty play as a floating third tall as a means to pump games into him. Kills two bird with one stone there as it gives Doedee a more important position whilst putting games into Fog.

I'd begin to experiment with moving Gallucci into an in/out role. I don't think he has the raw kicking skills/speed to make it as a pure outside, and his vision is such a weapon I want him on the inside. Give him half forward minutes as a rotation.

McAdams is an auto start for me. Murphy/Stengle to get games once injuries hit.

It feels light in and in/out midfield quality, and i'm sure that could simply be I've forgotten someone. That seems to happen every single time I do one of these.

Right now, i'm kinda digging the idea of Doedee playing as an undersized KPD and letting Fogarty play as a floating third tall as a means to pump games into him. Kills two bird with one stone there as it gives Doedee a more important position whilst putting games into Fog.

I'd begin to experiment with moving Gallucci into an in/out role. I don't think he has the raw kicking skills/speed to make it as a pure outside, and his vision is such a weapon I want him on the inside. Give him half forward minutes as a rotation.

It feels light in and in/out midfield quality, and i'm sure that could simply be I've forgotten someone. That seems to happen every single time I do one of these.

No S in McAdam

FB: Brown - Talia - Doedee
HB: Laird - Hartigan - Smith (Milera)
C: Seedsman - Sloane - Gibbs (Atkins Knights)
HF: Gallucci - Walker - Lynch (Greenwood)
FF: Betts - Jenkins - Stengle
R: Jacobs - BCrouch - MCrouch
I: Milera - Greenwood - Atkins - Knight

E: Fogarty - O'Brien - Kelly - McAdam

Defence: Hartigan in over Keath due to experience, but it's up for grabs to the best player. They are both similar in my mind, Keath a little more attacking. Milera rotating through defence with Smith

Midfield: Gibbs on the wing with a first-class midfield - rAtkins rotating off the bench with Knights tagging

Forward: Stengle straight in over Murphy, the need for speed requires AFC debut alongside Betts, Greenwood rotating through

Gallucci over Douglas, Douglas a depth and SANFL player

Emergency: Fogarty waiting for his chance to get more games, O'Brien ready to go, Kelly emergency and depth until McPherson gets some games and form and McAdam on the cusp of a forward spot probably for a rested/ dropped Gallucci (should he not continue to improve rapidly).

Kelly a good depth player should injury occur to Doedee or Brown

MacKay unlucky to miss out given his (inevitably) good pre-season and all-round team attitude, but a depth player now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the idea with Fogarty, without Mitch and Ottens too slow we need another swingman too.

Midfield is light with BCrouch on the bench I think, could start for a best XVIII approach.

FB: Brown Talia Doedee
HB: Smith Keath Laird
C: Seedsman M Crouch Milera
HF: Lynch Walker Gibbs
FF: Betts Jenkins McAdam
1R: Jacobs R Sloane B Crouch
INT: Galluci Fogarty Greenwood Pick 8

Don't know how McAdam is a sure thing for round 1. Very much an unknown at this stage.
We lost Gov and he provides a similar skillset and a more mature body.

We didnt trade for him to have him play SANFL.

FB: Brown Talia Laird
HB: Smith Keath Doedee
C: Seedsman M Crouch Gibbs
HF: Lynch Walker Douglas
FF: Betts Jenkins Galluci
1R: Jacobs R Sloane Milera
INT: B Crouch Knight Fogarty Greenwood

Just for Lols- here is the foxsports best crows 22
ADELAIDE CROWS

B: J.Kelly, L.Brown, T.Doedee

HB: B.Smith, D.Talia, R.Laird

C: R.Atkins, R.Sloane, P.Seedsman

HF: J.Gallucci, T.Walker, T.Lynch

F: D.Fogarty, J.Jenkins, E.Betts

FOL: S.Jacobs, M.Crouch, B.Gibbs

I/C: R.Knight, H.Greenwood, R.Douglas, B.Crouch

No Harto or Keath, No Milera and we all know Mackay is getting a game

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...d/news-story/72c73619437806ade49cdc173369bdf2

B: Doedee ~ Talia ~ Brown
HB: Smith ~ Keath ~ Laird
C: Gibbs ~ B Crouch ~ Atkins
HF: Lynch ~ Walker ~ Gallucci
FF: Betts ~ Jenkins ~ Greenwood

Ruck: Jacobs ~ MCrouch ~ Sloane

Interchange: Knight ~ Seedsman ~ Milera ~ Fogarty

SANFL Side

B: Kelly ~ Hartigan ~ XXXXX
HB: XXXXX ~ Otten ~ McPherson
C: Poholke ~ Wilson ~ Murphy
HF: McAdam ~ Himmelburg ~ Davis
FF: Stengle ~ Hunter ~ XXXXX

R: O’brien ~ CEY ~ Douglas

Have not added Cheney or Signorello a I think they will both be delisted in the coming weeks.

Assuming we don't draft an instant gun...

B: Brown, Talia, Doedee
HB: Smith, Keath, Laird
C: Seedsman, Mrouch, Gibbs
HF: Lynch, Walker, Douglas
F: Betts, Jenkins, Greenwood
R: Jacobs, Sloane, Knight
I: Milera, Brouch, Gallucci, Fogarty

Deeper utility rotations:
Back/mids - Smith, Laird, Milera, Seedsman, Gibbs
Forward/mids - Greenwood, Gallucci, Douglas, Sloane, Brouch
Pure Mid - Mrouch

Sanfl early days before list is finalised:
B: Cheney, Hartigan, Kelly
HB: McPherson, Otten, Signorello
C: Mackay, CEY, Atkins
HF: McAdam, Himmelberg, Wright
F: Stengle, Hunter, Davis
R: O'Brien, Polhoke, Wilson

Last edited:
FB: Brown Talia Doedee
HB: Smith Keath Laird
C: Seedsman M Crouch Milera
HF: Lynch Walker Gibbs
FF: Betts Jenkins McAdam
1R: Jacobs R Sloane B Crouch
INT: Galluci Fogarty Greenwood Pick 8
That would be my team.

No way Campo will allow McAdam and pick 8 to develop in front of David and Richard

My team for round 1:
Not sure who we will get in the draft but hopefully 4 good picks or 2/3 if gc plays ball.

Brown Talia Doedee
Laird Keath Milera
Gibbs Sloane Smith
Lynch Jenkins Knight
Betts Walker Gallucci

Ruck? MCrouch Greenwood

BCrouch Seedsman Fogarty McAdam

My hope for the season: We play some of our high end draft picks instead of the usual 2 years languishing in the SANFL due to our match commitee's inability to not pick players of the ilk of Mackay, Douglas, Atkins, Kelly, Hartigan, Jacobs etc.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back