Prediction Your rd 1 team in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

And Clarkson is still coaching doing it his way or the highway

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
But Clarko is changing with the game .....Blight has been out too long and the games progressed too far, for his coaching methods

But Clarko is changing with the game .....Blight has been out too long and the games progressed too far, for his coaching methods
Final call goes to Clarko and so it should bicks said it on AA when I rang, after he was an assistant and coach of the AFC ge said final call goes to the coach

You think Pyke would go the way of someone else, I'm sure he would listen to all arguements but at the end of the day it's his job

He seems the sort to want that final say like clarko and bevo even dimma, woosha infact most senior coaches have a certain personality which gets them the job which is being decisive

Historically we haven’t been much of a reshuffling type club. When we’ve done it it’s generally been to keep out of form seniors in the side, it’ll be a watershed moment if we reshuffle to keep one out.
Given there was already 1 best 22 player in Greenwood missing the JLT games I'd say they'll chuck him in.

If Seed is out, bring in CEY (assuming Greenwood is already playing), give Sloane and Gibbs more time out on the wings and let CEY get his hands dirty. CEY to rotate with Greenwood as inside mid, restring forward and bench. Should never have both of them in the same midfield setup at once (unless maybe Matt is on the bench also).

Knight and Chayce could also have a few extra rotations out on the wing.

There is absolutely 0 need for Mackay, we're better than that.

If Seed is out, bring in CEY (assuming Greenwood is already playing), give Sloane and Gibbs more time out on the wings and let CEY get his hands dirty. CEY to rotate with Greenwood as inside mid, restring forward and bench. Should never have both of them in the same midfield setup at once (unless maybe Matt is on the bench also).

Knight and Chayce could also have a few extra rotations out on the wing.

There is absolutely 0 need for Mackay, we're better than that.
Imo, it's only 1 of CEY or Greenwood, along with Mrouch... otherwise we are going to lack pace.

And Clarkson is still coaching doing it his way or the highway

IMO opinion Pyke would be the perfect coach if he just had a harder edge. The best he could do last year in the Melbourne game was give them the death stare. I know it's not his style to do a Blight or Clarkson dummy spit to the players but if they are losing a game because of simply lack of effort then it HAS to be done. If I was a coach and was watching that Melbourne game I would lose my s**t.

Sounds like Jones is in.

That's Murphy, Jones, Knight and Betts. Plenty of pace in that forward half.

Someone will get off the chain.
Interesting that you have chosen Knight given that imo he has not exactly ripped it up in the pre-season. However I do agree with the call because Knight has a tendency to have some huge moments in big games even if his overall stats aren't remarkable, and round 1 vs the Hawks is a huge game no matter how much some posters on this board have viewed it.

I'm sorry .....but posters continually bringing up what Blight did when coaching ....gives me the shits

That's 20 years ago, the game has changed substantially .......you don't see Geelong posters continually raising Blights methods these days

Time to move on

Dont disagree with you - is a different game these days. Is a product of our lack of success. Geelong have a much shorter look back to their last flag (or the one before that) than we do though.

Interesting that you have chosen Knight given that imo he has not exactly ripped it up in the pre-season. However I do agree with the call because Knight has a tendency to have some huge moments in big games even if his overall stats aren't remarkable, and round 1 vs the Hawks is a huge game no matter how much some posters on this board have viewed it.
Isn't this Knight's first uninterupted pre season for a while? He's been getting better and better, I thought he was good against GWS. I can remember when he used to finish top 3 in our runs. We've got a good group of gut runners now, half a dozen who can really blow up opponents.

Imo, it's only 1 of CEY or Greenwood, along with Mrouch... otherwise we are going to lack pace.

I think if we can spread the roles across the ground a little better than we have done in the past, rather than just loading up on inside mids through the centre, then we can very much make it work, especially with this high kicking game we seem to be going for.

This is the team I think they will go with

Doedee Hartigan Laird
Milera Talia Smith
Atkins M.Crouch Gibbs
Douglas Walker Lynch
Betts Jenkins Knight
Jacobs B.Crouch Sloane
Greenwood Kelly Mackay Jones

From our 2017 GF side

In: Gibbs Smith Milera Doedee Jones
Out: Lever Cameron Brown Seedsman Otten

5 first round picks in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team selection day is finally here.

tenor.gif

Final round 1 team:
Laird Talia Doedee
Smith Keath Milera
Atkins Sloane Gibbs
Lynch Jenkins Knight
Betts Walker Greenwood

Jacob's MCrouch BCrouch

Jones Kelly Douglas Murphy

Injuries: Brown, Seedsman, Gallucci, McAdam,

Best 22 no injuries:
Brown Talia Doedee
Laird Keath Milera
Seedsman Sloane Smith
Lynch Jenkins Knight
Betts Walker McAdam/Davis

Jacobs/ROB MCrouch BCrouch

Jones Greenwood Gallucci Atkins

Last edited:
Final round 1 team:
Laird Talia Doedee
Smith Keath Milera
Atkins Sloane Gibbs
Lynch Jenkins Knight
Betts Walker Greenwood

Jacob's MCrouch BCrouch

Best 22 no injuries:
Brown Talia Doedee
Laird Keath Milera
Seedsman Sloane Smith
Lynch Jenkins Knight

Gallucci and Macadam ae ready and will play Friday night

Final round 1 team:
Laird Talia Doedee
Smith Keath Milera
Atkins Sloane Gibbs
Lynch Jenkins Knight
Betts Walker Greenwood

Jacob's MCrouch BCrouch

Best 22 no injuries:
Brown Talia Doedee
Laird Keath Milera
Seedsman Sloane Smith
Lynch Jenkins Knight

Did you forget Gibbs in your best 22?

If MacKay is selected on the back of no pre season, and almost full strength list and a strong preparation from the vast majority of the squad - well I’m not sure what ....but I’ll think of something

Brown and Seedsman out. The two roles he can play (not particularly well but that's beside the point).

Jacobs: 20+ games
Douglas: 20 games
Kelly: 16 games
Mackay: 14 games
CEY: 10 games
Otten: 7 games

If MacKay is selected on the back of no pre season, and almost full strength list and a strong preparation from the vast majority of the squad - well I’m not sure what ....but I’ll think of something
Better think of something real quick
However I do not promote self harm :)

Greenwood playing sanfl this weekend, confirmed by Pyke on MMM this morning
No one is a bigger fan of THE MIGHTY THOR than me however our decision to take a long term view about injured/underdone players is very refreshing. Similar story with McAdam and Stengle. I know that it is easier if you have a relatively healthy list but I really hope this will be part of our long term startegy.

Does this mean that CEY is selected? Does our Rule One of selection, “Must always have a like-for-like replacement” still apply?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back