Prediction Your rd 1 team in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

No one is a bigger fan of THE MIGHTY THOR than me however our decision to take a long term view about injured/underdone players is very refreshing. Similar story with McAdam and Stengle. I know that it is easier if you have a relatively healthy list but I really hope this will be part of our long term startegy.

Does this mean that CEY is selected? Does our Rule One of selection, “Must always have a like-for-like replacement” still apply?
I could see us doing this. He was the first man off the bench in JLT2. Going in as unchanged as possible would be very 'Adelaide-esk'.

One last guess. Ignore the positions. Using traditional format.

Kelly - Talia - Laird
Smith - Hartigan - Milera

Atkins - Sloane - Gibbs

Knight - Tex - Lynch
Eddie - Jenkins - Murphy

Sauce - B Crouch - M Crouch

CEY Jones Doedee Kelly

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kelly - Talia - Laird

Atkins - Sloane - Gibbs

Knight - Tex - Lynch
Eddie - Jenkins - Murphy

Knights Jones Atkins Kelly

Will Knight rotate with Knights?

Wait, some people here thought he wasn't going to play?

He was always going to play. The injury to Seed means one of Jones/Murphy doesn't get dropped to the SANFL.

Final prediction:
B: Kelly(Brown) - Talia - Doedee
HB: Smith - Hartigan/Keath - Laird
C: Milera - M.Crouch - Atkins
HF: Lynch - Walker - Knight
F: Betts - Jenkins - Jones (?Gallucci)
1R: Jacobs - Sloane - B.Crouch
I: Gibbs, Douglas, Mackay(Seedsman), Murphy(Greenwood)
E: Keath/Hartigan, Fogarty, CEY

- In brackets are potential returns from injury at this stage to the best 22, although I think there'll be a fair bit of competition. I'd rather Keath over Hartigan, but I think they'll go Hartigan.
- Mackay is coming in for Seedsman, you just know it... I just hope we don't start trying to find roles for him, just to justify his inclusion, ie suddenly given a small forwards role when we have about 10 guys standing in line.
- Douglas I think will be under a lot of pressure, especially once Greenwood and Gallucci come back.

Final prediction:
B: Kelly - Talia - Doedee
HB: Laird - Hartigan - Milera
C: Smith - M.Crouch - Atkins
HF: Lynch - Walker - Gibbs
F: Betts - Jenkins - Jones
1R: Jacobs - Sloane - B.Crouch
I: Knight, Douglas, Mackay, Gallucci or Murphy
E: Keath, Fogarty, CEY

- In brackets are potential returns from injury at this stage to the best 22, although I think there'll be a fair bit of competition. I'd rather Keath over Hartigan, but I think they'll go Hartigan.
- Mackay is coming in for Seedsman, you just know it... I just hope we don't start trying to find roles for him, just to justify his inclusion, ie suddenly given a small forwards role when we have about 10 guys standing in line.
- Douglas I think will be under a lot of pressure, especially once Greenwood and Gallucci come back.
my changes in bold. I think Smith will play wing with Milera across half back - they may rotate between the 2 positions but Laird and Milera across half back are 1st choice for mine. I also think McKay is a lock - even though we have better options and hartigan will get the nod due to superior pace and ability to match up on smaller forwards if needed. Having said that - your list and the one i have adjusted both are very strong imo

Kelly - Talia - Laird

Atkins - Sloane - Gibbs

Knight - Tex - Lynch
Eddie - Jenkins - Murphy

CEY Jones Atkins Kelly

Tricky way to test if anyone actually reads the sheets

A little birdy has told me that Hartigan wont be selected for this week against the Hawks. He will line up tomorrow arvo for the Crows reserves against the Power reserves at Alberton. Looks like we have opted to go with Keath! great news if true!
Great news that the selection committee might have finally gone for the player in best form, rather then the experience.

About time IMO!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Seed is out, bring in CEY (assuming Greenwood is already playing), give Sloane and Gibbs more time out on the wings and let CEY get his hands dirty. CEY to rotate with Greenwood as inside mid, restring forward and bench. Should never have both of them in the same midfield setup at once (unless maybe Matt is on the bench also).

Knight and Chayce could also have a few extra rotations out on the wing.

There is absolutely 0 need for Mackay, we're better than that.
Also have Milera and Smith who occasionally will push up onto wings as can’t see all of Laird Milera and Smith playing full games as running backs

Is it just me, or has the 'FOG must play at all costs, and anyone who disagrees is stupid' crowd gone awfully quiet in the last couple weeks?

You didn't understand what was being talked about at all, did you?

The issue wasn't that he needs to play at all cost, it was that we were in a situation where we can't play him even if we wanted too (seeing it would absolutely mess up our structure and therefore sink whatever premiership aspirations we have) without relying on injuries. When it is your best prospect, that is damn s**t list management.

Kelly - Talia - Laird

Atkins - Sloane - Gibbs

Knight - Tex - Lynch
Eddie - Jenkins - Murphy

CEY Jones Atkins Kelly

Doedee very unlucky...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back