Remove this Banner Ad

FB: L.Brown ~ D.Talia ~ T.Doedee
HB: R.Laird ~ A.Keath ~ B.Smith
C: R.Sloane ~ B.Gibbs ~ P.Seedsman
R: S.Jacobs ~ M.Crouch ~ B.Crouch
HF: T.Lynch ~ T.Walker ~ J.Galluci
FF: E.Betts ~ J.Jenkins ~ D.Fogarty
B: W.Milera ~ H.Greenwood ~ R.Douglas ~ R.Atkins

Wonder if there’s a possibility of playing Hartigan at CHB and Keath in that vacant forward pocket role?
Riley Knight ahead of Douglas? Unsure.
Obrien ahead of Sauce? Unlikely.
Do we stick with Kelly in the 22 ahead of a mid/HF? (Ie Douglas)
Fogarty Vs McAdam
CEY misses out?
That is a statuesque forward line. Leaves Gooch with a lot of the chasing to do!

More likely another small in there ahead of Fogarty, Knight or maybe Murphy most likely. (McAdam when he is ready.)

B: Laird — Talia — Brown

HB: Smith — Doedee — Milera

C: Seedsman — Gibbs — Sloane

HF: Galluci — Walker — Lynch

F: Betts — Jenkins — McAdam

R: Jacobs — M.Crouch — B.Crouch

INT: Hartigan — Knight — Greenwood — Atkins

Plenty of players with AFL experience (some a small amount) as depth playing SANFL.
Kelly
Douglas
Fogarty
Mackay
Keath
Otten
Poholke
Stengle
Murphy
O’Brien
Himmelberg

Keep fit and I’m quietly confident about next year, that best 22 is as good as any else in the league

Galluci is ready for a breakout year.. Hope he has a good preseason. Had alot of cameos but if he can be consistent and maintain 4 qtr effort, could be a real surprise packet imho.

If Gallucci makes the move away from a small forward, and into the midfield, then I am absolutely with you. Small forward and quarter to quarter consistency don't co-exist for even the best players which will hold this prediction back.

Love the guy but I don’t want us playing Tex, Jenkins, Lynch and Fogarty up forward. Happy if they prove me wrong but it’s too slow and doesn’t provide enough defensive pressure.

We need Knight and Gallucci at the very least to support Betts. And I’m keen to get Murphy/Jones/McAdam/McHenry in the XXII as well.

We should have traded Lynch and swapped his downhill skiing role for more midfield grunt. Or at least send him to the 2s when he's playing god awful footy as he did when he returned underdone last year. But our selectors have proven time and again that certain senior players don't play SANFL even if their lack of output diminishes total team performance.

Bookies don't care who is or isn't in the squad, odds are generally formed from the amount of money being placed on teams its not personal with bookies its about profit

Prior to getting bets, bookies frame a market based on what they expect is likely to happen. It takes a fair bit of money before those odds are meaningfully adjusted. Even then, they'll adjust odds on events alone prior to any money coming in. You may have noticed the premiership market being suspended during rounds. They adjust prices after the results are in, before any flow of money.

People who think only money determines odds literally have no idea. Not surprised that you're one of them.

A backline with Talia and Keith as the talls
Doedee the medium
Brown, Laird, Smith, Milera the smalls/runners

Is bloody exciting. Fast, rebound, intercepts, some long kicking

Hope this is what we go with

What odds Mackay starts the year at half back with Milera half forward? All his shortcomings are forgotten after 6 months wearing sneakers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What odds Mackay starts the year at half back with Milera half forward? All his shortcomings are forgotten after 6 months wearing sneakers.
The cosmic balance will be restored somehow.

I think a Seedsman soft tissue injury in the week leading up to Round 1 will do it.

Otherwise a club-imposed ban on Atkins for parking in the wrong space at West Lakes.

The cosmic balance will be restored somehow.

I think a Seedsman soft tissue injury in the week leading up to Round 1 will do it.

Otherwise a club-imposed ban on Atkins for parking in the wrong space at West Lakes.

He has been very lucky that way. Even know we're down to 2 KPDs in training. One away from everyone moving up one height position resulting in the little battler playing as a lock down back pocket.

We should have traded Lynch and swapped his downhill skiing role for more midfield grunt. Or at least send him to the 2s when he's playing god awful footy as he did when he returned underdone last year. But our selectors have proven time and again that certain senior players don't play SANFL even if their lack of output diminishes total team performance.

I was keen on that but I think the idea sailed given McGovern wanted to depart.

Prior to getting bets, bookies frame a market based on what they expect is likely to happen. It takes a fair bit of money before those odds are meaningfully adjusted. Even then, they'll adjust odds on events alone prior to any money coming in. You may have noticed the premiership market being suspended during rounds. They adjust prices after the results are in, before any flow of money.

People who think only money determines odds literally have no idea. Not surprised that you're one of them.

Yes of course you would think cash plays an unimportant part in odds

Bookies are there to make money not because its a hobby or recreational activity for them.

If their book goes out of balance where the potential loss is too great odds are adjusted accordingly they don't care who wins or loses they care what they win or lose in $$

ARE YOU FOR REAL

Yes of course you would think cash plays an unimportant part in odds

Bookies are there to make money not because its a hobby or recreational activity for them.

If their book goes out of balance where the potential loss is too great odds are adjusted accordingly they don't care who wins or loses they care what they win or lose in $$

ARE YOU FOR REAL

Are you?

Here's my annual crack -

Brown Talia Doedee

Laird Keath Smith

Seed Sloane Gibbs

Galluc Walker Lynch

McAdam Jenk Betts

Jacobs Crouch Greenwood

Crouch Milera Douglas Atkins

Jeez you guys have some good depth. A lot of AFL standard footballers can't make my best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back