Prediction Your rd 1 team in 2019

I think Keath will get picked ahead of Hartigan, but the gap between them is not as big as what some people think. Hartigan was crap in the first qtr but was pretty solid after that. Keath made good position to intercept but dropped a couple of marks he should have taken, and the same thing happened last week as well. Only played 13 games but it seems he needs to learn to communicate better on the field.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
AFC979810 now that the trial games are out of the way, are you going to have a crack at your round 1 team?

Just to show you how easy it is to do, here’s mine:

Kelly Talia Doedee
Laird Hartigan Smith
Atkins Matt Seeds
Lynch Tex Knight
Betts Jenkins Jones

Jacobs Sloane Brad

Gibbs Murphy Milera Douglas

Personally I wouldn’t play Douglas but I hope he will make way when Greenwood comes back

Keath could also be be preferred in front of Hartigan

Your turn....

Last edited:

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
AFC979810 now that the trial games are out of the way, are you going to have a crack at your round 1 team?

Kelly Talia Doedee
Laird Hartigan Smith
Atkins Matt Seeds
Lynch Tex Knight
Betts Jenkins Jones

Jacobs Sloane Brad

Personally I wouldn’t play Douglas but I hope he will make way when Greenwood comes back

Your turn....
After all the development put into Fog cant see him not getting a game but does he deserve one maybe not

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

Kelly Talia Doedee
Laird Hartigan Smith
Atkins Matt Seeds
Lynch Tex Knight
Betts Jenkins Jones

Jacobs Sloane Brad

Your turn....
This would be close to my team. Greenwood in when fit, probably at the expense of Murphy.

Brown in for Kelly when fit.

Hartigan v Keath is line-ball for me, they both have their pros and cons. I’d go Keath just barely at this point.

I’d like to fit Fogarty into the team, but the coaches don’t seem keen to play him in the same team as Tex, JJ and Lynch.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
After all the development put into Fog cant see him not getting a game but does he deserve one maybe not

It’s only the start of his second year, he will get opportunities with injury but I don’t think they will play 4 tall forwards and given his game time last night I don’t think he’s in contention for round 1.

Who would you have come out for him?

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s only the start of his second year, he will get opportunities with injury but I don’t think they will play 4 tall forwards and given his game time last night I don’t think he’s in contention for round 1.

Who would you have come out for him?
Looking at your bench they have no height would have at least one taller player on the bench you have 6 taller players on the field with no replacements incase of injury so probably Jones out fog in

huludicidal

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers

Kelly Talia Doedee
Laird Hartigan Smith
Atkins Matt Seeds
Lynch Tex Knight
Betts Jenkins Jones

Jacobs Sloane Brad

Your turn....

This is the exact team I feel will be selected, although after last night the possibility of Greenwood coming in for Jones or Murphy looms. It will definitely happen by Round 2 if nothing out of the ordinary happens.

Dougie is gold pass material until at least Round 3-4 I reckon. Is he the new “non-statistical role” guy? Leadership, experience, all that. Meh, at least he’s got reliable footskills.

Hartigan vs Keath is hard to predict. I’d go Keath in a heartbeat. I suspect it’s 50/50 in the selectors minds and matchups decide it. Looks like Ceglar gets a gig up forward (along with Big Boy in the ruck) for the Hawks to me, so I’m sending Keath to that combo because Hartigan has proven time and again that he can’t play on genuine talls. Talia goes to Roughead. Doedee and Kelly can tag team Gunston at various stages (if Gunston actually plays that is - he’s under a cloud).

Kelly to replace Brown seems inevitable at this point, so get ready for some hair-raising moments where the snake tries to find a way to go backwards at all costs.

Sauce over ROB is officially a lock.

The rest pick themselves, although Knight probably still has something to prove over the opening couple of rounds to nail down his spot.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Liked what you saw of Jones? Milera? Doedee?
Jones showed signs as did fog last year

Not sure if Jones will have a huge impact this year I would say no, if you wanted to win games you would have Douglas in the team if you wanted to develop the team you wo UK led play Jones

Is the premiership window open or not

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jones showed signs as did fog last year

Not sure if Jones will have a huge impact this year I would say no, if you wanted to win games you would have Douglas in the team if you wanted to develop the team you wo UK led play Jones

Is the premiership window open or not

Hang on, you just don’t want to win games to be competitive, so surely you’d be backing in the first rounder?

Nov 5, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide

Kelly Talia Doedee
Laird Hartigan Smith
Atkins Matt Seeds
Lynch Tex Knight
Betts Jenkins Jones

Jacobs Sloane Brad

Your turn....

Good round 1 team. Wouldn't be surprised if thats the way we line up week 1. Still 2 weeks to go.

Could see Mackay coming in for Murphy, Atkins, Kelly in your team.

Kelly Talia Doedee
Laird Hartigan Smith
Atkins Matt Seeds
Lynch Tex Knight
Betts Jenkins Jones

Jacobs Sloane Brad

Your turn....
My 22 is similar, but Keath in for Hartigan.

B: Kelly, Talia, Doedee
HB: Smith, Keath, Laird
C: Seedsman, Mrouch, Atkins
HF: Lynch, Walker, Knights
F: Betts, Jenkins, Douglas
R: Jacobs, Sloane, Brouch
I: Milera, Gibbs, Jones, Murphy

We have no need to play anyone who is underdone, so Greenwood & Gallucci to come back via the sanfl & let our small forwards battle to keep their spots in the meanwhile.

My best 22 is looking like:
B: Brown, Talia, Doedee
HB: Smith, Keath, Laird
C: Seedsman, Mrouch, Atkins
HF: Lynch, Walker, Knight
F: Betts, Jenkins, Greenwood
R: Jacobs, Sloane, Brouch
I: Milera, Gibbs, Gallucci, Jones

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
It's a very very good position we find ourselves in coming into R1.

We COULD play Greenwood if we wanted to, we COULD play Gooch if we wanted to.... but there's no need to. That isn't discounting Hawthorn in the slightest, we've never beaten them at AO..... but we don't need to play underdone players like we did last year.

SANFL side looks very very strong. Ned and Stengle are belting down the door and it sounded like Hunter has improved again in the summer.

We realistically have 26-28 guys deserving of a R1 spot, and that doesn't include senior players like Mackay and Otten, the latter could easily come in and play the 2nd KPD.

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
Time for round 1 team given we have most of the info:
B: Kelly - Talia - Doedee
HB: Smith - Keath/Hartigan - Laird
C: Seedsman - M Crouch - Atkins
HF: Lynch - Walker - Knight
F: Betts - Jenkins - Jones
1R: Jacobs - B Crouch - Sloane
I: Gibbs, Milera, Greenwood, Douglas
E: Murphy, Hartigan/Keath, Fogarty, CEY

Difficult to split Hartigan and Keath, I’d go Keath, as I think with another 20 games under his belt, he’s a far better player. But I get the feeling we’ll got Hartigan.

Jones knocks out Murphy, similar pace, hardness and tackling ability, but with some genuine class and far more scope. Murphy’s disposal worries me a little, love how he goes about it, but can burn it badly.

Douglas currently on his last legs based on JLT, could very quickly be replaced.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Time for round 1 team given we have most of the info:
B: Kelly - Talia - Doedee
HB: Smith - Keath/Hartigan - Laird
C: Seedsman - M Crouch - Atkins
HF: Lynch - Walker - Knight
F: Betts - Jenkins - Jones
1R: Jacobs - B Crouch - Sloane
I: Gibbs, Milera, Greenwood, Douglas
E: Murphy, Hartigan/Keath, Fogarty, CEY

Difficult to split Hartigan and Keath, I’d go Keath, as I think with another 20 games under his belt, he’s a far better player. But I get the feeling we’ll got Hartigan.

Jones knocks out Murphy, similar pace, hardness and tackling ability, but with some genuine class and far more scope. Murphy’s disposal worries me a little, love how he goes about it, but can burn it badly.

Douglas currently on his last legs based on JLT, could very quickly be replaced.

I’m the same. Can’t tell who they will go with out of Keath/Hartigan. If I were to guess, I think they’ll go Harto purely because there seemed to be something leaked to AFL.com.au about him missing JLT2. I’ve got a feeling they will pick Greenwood, even though I’d give him more time to catch up on his limited pre-season. I’d go Murphy over Dougy. I’d go Murphy over Jones too. But I feel they will leave out Murphy and go with Douglas and Jones.

Nov 5, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why wouldn’t he come straight in?

Interrupted Preseason. Has been on a modified program since he had surgery on his Achilles.

I don't disagree with you THIS year. If the entire list is 100% fit - he might not be best 22.

But your desperate attempts to get me to post my best 22 for 2019 do nothing to diminish the fact you have been wrong about him for almost a decade.

He is extremely durable. Once injuries hit - watch him sneak in. I said earlier this preseason I expect him to play between 14 - 20 games this year (probably towards the back end). This hasn't changed.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interrupted Preseason. Has been on a modified program since he had surgery on his Achilles.

I don't disagree with you THIS year. If the entire list is 100% fit - he might not be best 22.

But your desperate attempts to get me to post my best 22 for 2019 do nothing to diminish the fact you have been wrong about him for almost a decade.

He is extremely durable. Once injuries hit - watch him sneak in. I said earlier this preseason I expect him to play between 14 - 20 games this year (probably towards the back end). This hasn't changed.
Haha, sneak in, that sums up Mackay’s career, it’s funny that you are somehow thinking this a new phenomenon. As for not naming your preferred team it’s pretty obvious why, you don’t want to be laughed at, you’ve already been laughed at for suggesting Mackay would be ahead of Atkins.

It’s also telling that you keep referring to almost a decade, because you’ve had to rely to lying. I was a big wrap for Mackay early, his performance in the 2009 Final against Collingwood was huge and I had high hopes for him. I used to talk him up to my non-Crows supporting mates as a young player to watch.

But it dawned on me about 5 years ago he was never going to reach his potential, he would have some decent games per year lumped in with a load of s**t. The fact he’s basically been dropped once a year in that time and so poorly recognised by the coaches in the B&F voting supports my opinion.

After some poor list management in his area and due to injuries, we finally have quality runners who will put Mackays career to shame and prove he sneaked to 200 games.

I also can’t understand how someone who wants to win premierships thinks having a player like Mackay play 200 games for us isn’t a blight on our club.

Back