Prediction Your rd 1 team in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, sneak in, that sums up Mackay’s career, it’s funny that you are somehow thinking this a new phenomenon. As for not naming your preferred team it’s pretty obvious why, you don’t want to be laughed at, you’ve already been laughed at for suggesting Mackay would be ahead of Atkins.

I don't think I am worried about the collective think tank on big footy. Same people who have been saying Mackay wont be best 22 for the past 8 years (almost a decade). Some very ordinary opinions on Bigfooty.

It’s also telling that you keep referring to almost a decade, because you’ve had to rely to lying. I was a big wrap for Mackay early, his performance in the 2009 Final against Collingwood was huge and I had high hopes for him. I used to talk him up to my non-Crows supporting mates as a young player to watch.

Rely to lying? Not sure how to respond to this.

But it dawned on me about 5 years ago he was never going to reach his potential, he would have some decent games per year lumped in with a load of s**t. The fact he’s basically been dropped once a year in that time and so poorly recognised by the coaches in the B&F voting supports my opinion.

After some poor list management in his area and due to injuries, we finally have quality runners who will put Mackays career to shame and prove he sneaked to 200 games.

Eventually you will be right. Been saying it for 8 years. Keep saying it and father time will make a winner out of you yet!

I also can’t understand how someone who wants to win premierships thinks having a player like Mackay play 200 games for us isn’t a blight on our club.

We were good enough in 2017 with Mackay a best 22 player who played the entire finals series. Not a blight at all.

I don't think I am worried about the collective think tank on big footy. Same people who have been saying Mackay wont be best 22 for the past 8 years (almost a decade). Some very ordinary opinions on Bigfooty.

Rely to lying? Not sure how to respond to this.

Eventually you will be right. Been saying it for 8 years. Keep saying it and father time will make a winner out of you yet!

We were good enough in 2017 with Mackay a best 22 player who played the entire finals series. Not a blight at all.
But yet you can’t bring yourself to name your preferred team, why?

I still don’t think you get it, no one is denying that Mackay played. No is denying that we lacked options and depth in his position. So to keep repeating the games played means nothing, you are stating the bleating obvious.

What we are saying is he is a very ordinary player and it’s a blight on our club that we lacked so few alternatives that he’s got to 200 games.

To support our view that he’s an ordinary player:

Consistent very poor polling in our B&F voting, that’s what the coaches thought of his performances. You never mention this point.
Except for 2018 when we were wrecked by injury, he’s been dropped once a year for the last few. How many senior players does that happen to?
Now that we have options you can’t even bring yourself to name him in your team, you’ve admitted he will need to sneak in. Why? If he was a good 200 game player he would be a first choice selection.

It’s obvious that you don’t understand the argument and that’s why you basically put your foot in it.

My 22 is similar, but Keath in for Hartigan.

B: Kelly, Talia, Doedee
HB: Smith, Keath, Laird
C: Seedsman, Mrouch, Atkins
HF: Lynch, Walker, Knights
F: Betts, Jenkins, Douglas
R: Jacobs, Sloane, Brouch
I: Milera, Gibbs, Jones, Murphy

We have no need to play anyone who is underdone, so Greenwood & Gallucci to come back via the sanfl & let our small forwards battle to keep their spots in the meanwhile.

My best 22 is looking like:
B: Brown, Talia, Doedee
HB: Smith, Keath, Laird
C: Seedsman, Mrouch, Atkins
HF: Lynch, Walker, Knight
F: Betts, Jenkins, Greenwood
R: Jacobs, Sloane, Brouch
I: Milera, Gibbs, Gallucci, Jones

Agree on the best 22, looks pretty much spot on to me. A shame for Fogarty to not really have a spot as yet but he'll get there next year I think and I'd absolutely like us to manage Tex and Talia over the year so they aren't as banged up come finals should we make it.

Best 22 no injuries imo
Brown Talia Doedee
Laird Keath Milera
Seedsman Sloane Smith
Lynch Jenkins Knight
Betts Walker McAdam/Gallucci/Davis

ROB MCrouch BCrouch
Int:Gibbs Atkins Jones Greenwood
Emergencies: Himmelberg Fogarty Mchenry Hunter Stengle

Round 1 team I would pick
Laird Talia Doedee
Smith Keath Milera
Seedsman Sloane Atkins
Lynch Jenkins Knight
Betts Walker Greenwood

ROB MCrouch BCrouch
Int:Gibbs Jones Kelly Murphy/Stengle

Round 1 Team Don will pick imo:
Kelly Talia Doedee
Laird Hartigan/Keath Smith
Seedsman Sloane Milera
Lynch Walker Knight
Betts Walker Murphy

Jacob's MCrouch BCrouch
Int: Atkins Gibbs Douglas Greenwood

Last edited:
With Brown missing there are now only one or two spots undecided.

If Greenwood doesn’t play then the 22 will be the 26 in JLT minus ROB, CEY and The FOG. One of Keath, Kelly or Hartigan misses out. My left field guess is Kelly.

If Greenwood plays then one of Douglas, Jones or Murphy miss out. My guess is Murphy (and I love the Smurph).

But yet you can’t bring yourself to name your preferred team, why?

I still don’t think you get it, no one is denying that Mackay played. No is denying that we lacked options and depth in his position. So to keep repeating the games played means nothing, you are stating the bleating obvious.

What we are saying is he is a very ordinary player and it’s a blight on our club that we lacked so few alternatives that he’s got to 200 games.

To support our view that he’s an ordinary player:

Consistent very poor polling in our B&F voting, that’s what the coaches thought of his performances. You never mention this point.
Except for 2018 when we were wrecked by injury, he’s been dropped once a year for the last few. How many senior players does that happen to?
Now that we have options you can’t even bring yourself to name him in your team, you’ve admitted he will need to sneak in. Why? If he was a good 200 game player he would be a first choice selection.

It’s obvious that you don’t understand the argument and that’s why you basically put your foot in it.

After all that it will be funny if he plays round 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would be close to my team. Greenwood in when fit, probably at the expense of Murphy.

Brown in for Kelly when fit.

Hartigan v Keath is line-ball for me, they both have their pros and cons. I’d go Keath just barely at this point.

I’d like to fit Fogarty into the team, but the coaches don’t seem keen to play him in the same team as Tex, JJ and Lynch.

Would have written almost exactly the same but I’ve got Harto just ahead of Keath based on being a stronger defender.

Yeah I watched the trial game si your saying every fall on the ground will stay on the ground for the entire game or will they need at least one back up tall

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

We don’t need a back up tall, we can afford to lose one and still have enough. For someone that uses Richmond in the GF at every opportunity, you sure know s**t all about how they structured up.

B: Doedee Hartigan Kelly
HB: Laird Talia Smith
C: Seedsman M Crouch. Atkins
HF: Gibbs Walker Lynch
F: Greenwood Jenkins Betts

R: Jacobs Sloane B Crouch
I: Milera Jones Knight Keath

You want to play all of Talia, Kelly, Keath and Hartigan together? Please God, no!

The rest of the side is ok but I'll scream if we play that forward 6 on the field at the same time - that is turtle slow and we need to INCREASE our forwardline defensive pressure this year, not go backwards.

We don’t need a back up tall, we can afford to lose one and still have enough. For someone that uses Richmond in the GF at every opportunity, you sure know s**t all about how they structured up.

Sure Sure

I talk up Graham for kicking 3 and cutting out Sloane

But if Galluci had kicked three and cut out dusty you would be having an orgasm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure Sure

I talk up Graham for kicking 3 and cutting out Sloane

But if Galluci had kicked three and cut out dusty you would be having an orgasm
Wouldn't you be happier if you supported another team.

Nothing wrong with being critical

Wait

It all depends if you are critical of Mackay, Harto, Sauce, Dougy oh and Brett Burton

Get Those right and we will win 5 in a row HEY
There is being critical with reasoning & there is being a raving lunatic...

My team

B: Doedee......Hartigan......Kelly
HB: Laird......Talia......Milera
C: Seedsman......M Crouch......Smith
HF: Douglas......Walker......Lynch
F: Murphy......Jenkins......Betts

R: Jacobs......Sloane......Gibbs
I: Greenwood......B Crouch......Atkins......Knight

E: Keath......Jones......CEY

Probably a fair team, cant see all the development being put into Fog and him being left out though, he is the Tex walker back up plan, and Tex is more than likely to miss a few games this year whether injured or managed. A lot of the clubs future is being placed on Fog, its far more important to have that elite KPF replacement than any HFF.HBF or even midfielder as there are so many of that type of player but elite KPF's are friggen hard to find as we know only too well.

Most Nuetrals believe he will be the next player to breakout at Adelaide and such an important player if he can.

Round 1 Team (Best 22 in brackets when fit):

B: Kelly (Brown) - Talia - Doedee
HB: Smith - Keath - Laird
C: Seedsman - Gibbs - Atkins
HF: Lynch - Walker - Knight
F: Betts - Jenkins - Murphy
R: Jacobs - Sloane - Mrouch
I: Brouch - Milera - Jones - Douglas (Greenwood)

Probably a fair team, cant see all the development being put into Fog and him being left out though, he is the Tex walker back up plan, and Tex is more than likely to miss a few games this year whether injured or managed. A lot of the clubs future is being placed on Fog, its far more important to have that elite KPF replacement than any HFF.HBF or even midfielder as there are so many of that type of player but elite KPF's are friggen hard to find as we know only too well.

Most Nuetrals believe he will be the next player to breakout at Adelaide and such an important player if he can.

Who drafted him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back