Prediction Your rd 1 team in 2019

As we see if whole threads being created about most of those individuals I have mentioned or on Mackay even in womens football threads

Wow you can be soo hypocritical
I callout anyone for their crazy opinions.

You just happen to be a repeat offender.

Stop deflecting by using others silly postings as an excuse for your repetitive rubbish.

Have you ever taken personal responsibility for your own actions, or do you always look for pathetic excuses.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
You know what would be really interesting. Seeing Ogilvie's best 22 for round 1.

I bet he has some thoughts on how this team should look considering how much say he had in putting the list together!

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I callout anyone for their crazy opinions.

You just happen to be a repeat offender.

Stop deflecting by using others silly postings as an excuse for your repetitive rubbish.

Have you ever taken personal responsibility for your own actions, or do you always look for pathetic excuses.

No Im not a hypocrite like yourself, that cant see the forrest for the trees and call out someone if its something YOU don't agree with, but if people are being critical by starting threads like drop Hartigan, because you agree with the opinion all is good

Its a whole thread bagging a player by the way

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2012
Darwin
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Sturt
No Im not a hypocrite like yourself, that cant see the forrest for the trees and call out someone if its something YOU don't agree with, but if people are being critical by starting threads like drop Hartigan, because you agree with the opinion all is good

Its a whole thread bagging a player by the way
Shhh, it’s ok Marty.

You got Burtodee wrong. It’s ok mate. Really it is.

Sshh

Shhhh

It’s ok.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
AFC979810 now that the trial games are out of the way, are you going to have a crack at your round 1 team?

Just to show you how easy it is to do, here’s mine:

Kelly Talia Doedee
Laird Hartigan Smith
Atkins Matt Seeds
Lynch Tex Knight
Betts Jenkins Jones

Jacobs Sloane Brad

Gibbs Murphy Milera Douglas

Personally I wouldn’t play Douglas but I hope he will make way when Greenwood comes back

Keath could also be be preferred in front of Hartigan

Your turn....

Who are your 3 most valuable players in that crows team that if they get injured or have no form will severly dent any hope of taking a flag where it simply wont be possible

I would say

Tex, Jacobs and Talia

All three dont have a replacement close to their ability in our list, which is probably why I chose those 3, Mcrouch sloane are important but we have players that can fill in

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Betts Jenkins Jones
Lynch Walker Gibbs
Atkins B Crouch Seedsman
Smith Hartigan Laird
Doedee Talia Kelly

Jacobs Sloane M Crouch

Int
Milera
Greenwood
Knight
Douglas/Gallucci

I think that’s about our best side ( until Brown returns) Smash me if I’ve forgotten anyone.

It’s immensely strong. Can’t see how we don’t go deep into September, apart from the fact it’s in this squads DNA to go missing for significant portions of games.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Who are your 3 most valuable players in that crows team that if they get injured or have no form will severly dent any hope of taking a flag where it simply wont be possible

I would say

Tex, Jacobs and Talia

All three dont have a replacement close to their ability in our list, which is probably why I chose those 3, Mcrouch sloane are important but we have players that can fill in
You could take out the 3 most important players from any club and you’d be in the same boat, take out Rewioldt, Martin and Rance and Richmond would also struggle.

Jacobs I don’t see doing much this year so I don’t know how much we’d lose with ROB in his place, but our main list priority is for a ruck next year.

Tex whilst a great player, I reckon we could play Fog or structure up differently.

Talia, Keath and Hartigan to play KPD.

Having said that all 3 are quality (Jacobs was and we need him to be again) so missing any is going to weaken the side.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You could take out the 3 most important players from any club and you’d be in the same boat, take out Rewioldt, Martin and Rance and Richmond would also struggle.

Jacobs I don’t see doing much this year so I don’t know how much we’d lose with ROB in his place, but our main list priority is for a ruck next year.

Tex whilst a great player, I reckon we could play Fog or structure up differently.

Having said that all 3 are quality (Jacobs was and we need him to be again) so missing any is going to weaken the side.

Totally agree about other sides, but the concern is finishing 12 th last year on the back of a poor season by Tex an Jacobs. In 2017 we finished top with a great season from Jacobs and Tex, interestingly both failed in the GF. If we get similar service to what Jacobs provided last year from ROB we are screwed and FOG as much as you can see potential is no where near 50% of TEX atm. Talia is the only consistent

Saying that our season may depend on two players who are coming off shockers

Jack is Back

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide

It is interesting that after JLT1 many wanted ROB to play instead of Sauce. After JLT2 it seems like Sauce has the spot for as far as the eye can see. I am not convinced. Sauce performs best against the big Dinosaur ruckmen like Dawson Simpson. The problem for us (and most other teams) is how Sauce performs against the athletic ruckmen like Grundy, Gawn, Ryder and possibly Natanui. Melbourne, West Coast and Collingwood are genuine premiership threats this year so the key will be how Sauce/ROB perform at the pointy end of the season.

Strangely, Sauce has struggled against McEvoy on occasions so Round one will be a real test.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Totally agree about other sides, but the concern is finishing 12 th last year on the back of a poor season by Tex an Jacobs. In 2017 we finished top with a great season from Jacobs and Tex, interestingly both failed in the GF. If we get similar service to what Jacobs provided last year from ROB we are screwed and FOG as much as you can see potential is no where near 50% of TEX atm. Talia is the only consistent

Saying that our season may depend on two players who are coming off shockers
If Smith and Brad didn’t miss the year, had Sloane, Matt, Betts, Laird, Lynch and others not missed chunks from last year then you could put 2018 down to Tex and Jacobs, but you can’t because we missed a heap of games from our 2017 top 10 best and fairest.

You’re not going to have a 100% Tex and Talia as back up because they wouldn’t be back up, they’d be playing.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Smith and Brad didn’t miss the year, had Sloane, Matt, Betts, Laird, Lynch and others not missed chunks from last year then you could put 2018 down to Tex and Jacobs, but you can’t because we missed a heap of games from our 2017 top 10 best and fairest.

You’re not going to have a 100% Tex and Talia as back up because they wouldn’t be back up, they’d be playing.

You do realise important players will miss this year also it will happen to every team in the comp

West coast won the flag without their best two players you do realise this

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You do realise important players will miss this year also it will happen to every team in the comp

West coast won the flag without their best two players you do realise this
You do realise you said we failed in 2018 due to 2 players missing? I merely corrected your simple analysis

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You do realise you said we failed in 2018 due to 2 players missing? I merely corrected your simple analysis

Yes I chose the wrong two you think smith and bcrouch caused us to finish 12th and NicNat and Gaff wouldnt have had a bigger impact at West Coast

THe others will happen every year

and huh

Sloane missed 10
the others missed 2, 4 and 5

Come on elite that is clutching at straws

Last edited:

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes I chose the wrong two you think smith and bcrouch caused us to finish 12th and NicNat and Gaff wouldnt have had a bigger impact at West Coast

THe others will happen every year

and huh

Sloane missed 10
the others missed 2, 4 and 5

Come on elite that is clutching at straws
What are you on about? I repeat, you said two players were the cause of us finishing 12th. I pointed out to you that there were more than 2 and some key players at that. Surely if you think 2 players caused our s**t season, then logic suggests more than 2 makes it even worse.

Perhaps you need to be clear in your mind what you are trying to say before you go off changing tact every second post.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Id be more interested in seeing fagans after all he is responsible for all of those employees, may aswell ask the man in charge
Trigg was too hands on when it came to Football Operations.

I doubt Fagan has any interest in picking our best 22 and that is a good thing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Betts Jenkins Jones
Lynch Walker Gibbs
Atkins B Crouch Seedsman
Smith Hartigan Laird
Doedee Talia Kelly

Jacobs Sloane M Crouch

Int
Milera
Greenwood
Knight
Douglas/Gallucci

I think that’s about our best side ( until Brown returns) Smash me if I’ve forgotten anyone.

It’s immensely strong. Can’t see how we don’t go deep into September, apart from the fact it’s in this squads DNA to go missing for significant portions of games.
Take out Kelly, Hartigan, Douglas and Jacob's and you have nailed it. Keath is a far superior player to Hartigan as evidenced by most good judges and the coaches votes from last year which back this up. The only reason i can see Don picking Hartigan over Keath would be due to a particular matchup but i would still would go with Keath. Kelly who has relatively zero attacking ability is a backup for Brown so i guess he is in until round 6 or 7. Douglas is on the way out and I see him having a very similar final year to what Thommo had in the SANFL before he retired. The hard one is Jacob's. He is not a premier or even above average ruck but there is no one else, well no one else Don is willing to try at this stage. I feel he will change his mind once Jacob's is most likely made to look inadequate again by the likes of Grundy, Gawn, Martin, McEvoy, Ryder, Goldstein, Nankervis, Witts as occurred in 2018. History shows that an aging Ruckmen does not suddenly have a 180 form reversal and find extra leap and speed. Time will tell but most premiers have an above average ruck of which Jacob's is not. I feel Don will be forced to try something different by mid-year.
Out: Kelly, Hartigan, Douglas, Jacob's
In: Brown(When fit), Keath, Gallucci/McAdam(When fit), Ruck? ROB/Jenkins/Himmelberg/Hunter/Greenwood

Lastly i see one of Jones, Gallucci, Knight most susceptible to Mcadam or possibly Davis playing the McGovern role. I worry about our contested pack marking in the forward line as this is definitely not a strength of Walker, Jenkins, Lynch. I feel Greenwood and Sloane resting up forward can take a pack mark but the sooner we can get a fit Mcadam in the team the better.

Our half back/wing quartet of laird, milera, seedsman, smith are critical. All 4 are potential all Australians and if atkins plays with more defensive/contested ability we are heading for a very good year.

We are going to need to run some players with pace through the midfield at opening bounces which all teams will do. With the extra space and Jacobs inability to win the taps this will be critical to running the ball out quickly to give our forwards more chance for 1 on 1's and also to put pressure on the opposition winning the ball in the middle. Therefore i feel milera, knight, gallucci, jones, betts and smith will get a lot more centre bounce rotations. We are not blessed with pace in our midfield except for bcrouch so this will be critical. Also our wing closest to the interchange bench will need to be a good communicator of feedback from the coaches due to the runner restrictions.
I do feel defensively I have very much liked how we have kept both Jlt teams to very low scores in quarters 2 and 3. This is needed to be a premier team as you often cannot rely on your forward line in big finals. Not sure if it is a coincidence with Hart being moved from defence but whoever is looking after defence knows what they are doing.

Last edited:

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Why would people bother posting a team that has ROB playing instead of Jacobs?

Alwaysacrow

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Betts Jenkins Jones
Lynch Walker Gibbs
Atkins B Crouch Seedsman
Smith Hartigan Laird
Doedee Talia Kelly

Jacobs Sloane M Crouch

Int
Milera
Greenwood
Knight
Douglas/Gallucci

Looks about right to me but on form I'd have Keith over Hartigan.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Take out Kelly, Hartigan, Douglas and Jacob's and you have nailed it. Keath is a far superior player to Hartigan as evidenced by most good judges and the coaches votes from last year which back this up. The only reason i can see Don picking Hartigan over Keath would be due to a particular matchup but i would still would go with Keath. Kelly who has relatively zero attacking ability is a backup for Brown so i guess he is in until round 6 or 7. Douglas is on the way out and I see him having a very similar final year to what Thommo had in the SANFL before he retired. The hard one is Jacob's. He is not a premier or even above average ruck but there is no one else, well no one else Don is willing to try at this stage. I feel he will change his mind once Jacob's is most likely made to look inadequate again by the likes of Grundy, Gawn, Martin, McEvoy, Ryder, Goldstein, Nankervis, Witts as occurred in 2018. History shows that an aging Ruckmen does not suudenly have a 180 form reversal and find extra leap and speed. Time will tell but most premiers have an above average ruck of which Jacob's is not. I feel Don will be forced to try something different by mid-year.
Out: Kelly, Hartigan, Douglas, Jacob's
In: Brown(When fit), Keath, Gallucci/McAdam(When fit), Ruck? ROB/Jenkins/Himmelberg/Hunter/Greenwood

Lastly i see one of Jones, Gallucci, Knight most susceptible to Mcadam or possibly Davis playing the McGovern role. I worry about our contested pack marking in the forward line as this is definitely not a strength of Walker, Jenkins, Lynch. I feel Greenwood and Sloane resting up forward can take a pack mark but the sooner we can get a fit Mcadam in the team the better.

Our half back/wing quartet of laird, milera, seedsman, smith are critical. All 4 are potential all Australians and if atkins plays with more defensive/contested ability we are heading for a very good year. We are going to need to run some players with pace through the midfield at opening bounces which all teams will do. With the extra space and Jacobs inability to win the taps this will be critical to running the ball out quickly to give our forwards more chance for 1 on 1's and also to put pressure on the opposition winning the ball in the middle. Therefore i feel milera, knight, gallucci, jones, betts and smith will get a lot more centre bounce rotations. We are not blessed with pace in our midfield except for bcrouch so this will be critical.
I do feel defensively I have very much liked how we have kept both Jlt teams to very low scores in quarters 2 and 3. This is needed to be a premier team as you often cannot rely on your forward line in big finals. Not sure if it is a coincidence with Hart being moved from defence but whoever is looking after defence knows what they are doing.

The only reason pyke would piuck harto, is he has been able to show he can beat players like Danger, Dusty , Gray , Patton, Buddy, he probably uses that information which is common sense if you really think about it

AS for Sauce he probably watched his 2017 year and realises he should have been the AA ruckmen as he slaughtered Ryder that year he pipped him at the post, yes he is hoping he reverses his 2018 but he is hoping that about Tex, Betts and Sloane also so he is not just thinking that about Keath

AS for Douglas he is pretty consistent but again falls into the failure of Betts,Sauce,Tex Jacobs in 2018, will he bounce back will he not, is Jones capable of producing what Douglas does or will he be like Galluci was in his first year of AFL footy which was pure development

Why would people bother posting a team that has ROB playing instead of Jacobs?

Because this isn't "guess our round 1 team", it's who we would select for round 1.

I wouldn't select Jacobs or Douglas but I know full well that both will actually be selected

Back