your SC/DT side 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Lester has been mentioned by Voss as someone who could get games but he would very much be on the cusp and would be a major candidate for the sub if he was picked. Personally I think there are better players out there from a fantasy perspective this year.

Thanks mate , just looking for a few , that will get games early as cash-cows.Of course , several of the GC players that likely wont play the first week.
Anyway , thanks again.

My supercoach side this year to any one needing teams to join their league Quigs what do you think
Backs; B.Goddard B.Deledio J.Grimes A.Mackie J.Adcock N.Suban
A.Otten (B.Smith J.Toy M.Hiberd)
Mids;L.Montagna S.Pendlebury A.Swallow P.Dangerfield L.Shuey D.Swallow (J.Polec D.Heppell M.Wallis)
Rucks;A.Sandilands M.Clark( D.Petrie Z.Smith)
Forwards;P.Chapman N.Riewoldt C.Slivia S.Higgins A.Krakouer R.Gamble D.Prestia (T.Mzungu C.Richardson I.Smith)

Vez is a hard call no matter which form of the game. He is going to a new club which wanted him and is showing at the moment that they are going to play him. He is back home in Victoria and seems more settled than at Sydney. He has had a good preseason and is scoring pretty well so far. He is playing as a mobile half forward and BJ and Acker have shown there are plenty of points in that role with the Bulldogs if you are good enough. All of that is really positive.

On the negatives - he faces a fair bit of competition for spots from Skinner and Stack who have performed probably just as well so far and the likes of Hill and even Jones if they wanted to go tall. Geelong tried to make Djerrkura into a forward and is looking to cement a spot as well and Murphy will split time between forward and back. I also like Hooper and think the Bulldogs will look to get him into the side somewhere and Higgins is a niggle (you know it will happen sometime) away from reverting back to a more forward role. So whilst I think he is in the side atm he does face significant pressure for a spot. In Sydney he did not show an ability to step up and fight for a spot and almost appeared lazy at times. That will not cut it with Rocket and it should be noted that he has looked much more disciplined so far. Maybe the penny has dropped.

On SC particularly I thought as a junior he would be a good SC option but he has not really showed that to date. With that said he has not exactly gotten a decent run of games to get comfortable and that would have to effect his SC scoring. If he gets a decent run of games this year I would expect his SC scoring to exceed his DT scoring.

As a junior I thought he and Rocky were pretty similar types except Vez had probably more natural talent and athletic ability but with less drive. If Vez has gotten his head together he could be a very good scorer this year. Personally he is one I am watching and has been in and out of my side a few times so far.

Blueiris my thoughts-

I don't rate Mackie as a SC option because he rarely wins his own ball and does not use it particularly well. His scoring bears this out with him usually being a 5-10 point worse scorer in SC than in DT. I don't see that changing this year particularly if Scott implements a more defensive game style. I would seriously look at freeing up some money elsewhere and upgrading him to someone else. I don't have any problems with the other picks and any of them could do very nicely for you.

Mids;L.Montagna S.Pendlebury A.Swallow P.Dangerfield L.Shuey D.Swallow (J.Polec D.Heppell M.Wallis)

Did Montagna pick up an injury on the weekend? Maybe check that. Swallow is a bit of a different pick but one guy who has shown very good progression over the last few years and could well continue to improve this year. His disposal has gotten better slowly which has helped him in SC. Dangerfield I don't feel the love for because I still don't think he has the engine to play enough through the midfield to justify his price. I am also starting to get cautious with Adel players in general given their injury toll. Shuey should improve but I am not sure it will be by enough. I could be wrong about that but he hasn't done anything in the preseason to suggest that I am going to be wrong. Wallis has been outplayed by Libba so far and I wouldn't count on him playing early. Grab Harris instead as he should be a fantastic scoring option for his price and barring injury will play.

If you are confident in Clark go for it. Personally I am thinking Cox might bounce back but Clark could easily be right up there. Petrie is fine as long as you have factored in that he will be missing weeks 1 and 3. With Sandi and Clark that should be fine.

Forwards;P.Chapman N.Riewoldt C.Slivia S.Higgins A.Krakouer R.Gamble D.Prestia (T.Mzungu C.Richardson I.Smith)

Chappy has a history of injury problems and has had a very interrupted preseason. I just can't go there myself but if you want to take the punt it could pay off nicely for you as when he plays the chances are very good that he will be the highest scoring forward. You have an enormous amount of injury risk in your forward premiums. Chappy as mentioned but Voldt had that hamstring issue last year and neither of Sylvia or Higgins has ever played a full season. Take a punt on a couple sure but you have a fair bit or risk there atm. I would probably trade one out for Buddy who looks great atm. Sylvia maybe one to consider other options with as he has never been a particularly good SC player. Gamble I also do not see as a good SC scorer relative to DT but at his price it should not matter. Word I am hearing is that Smith is not likely to play early for the Hawks. Matera maybe one to consider.

Quigs what do you think?
Supercoach:

BACKS: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Adcock, Grimes, Heppell, C .Tarrant (Duigan, Lester, Puopolo)

MIDS :pedelbury, Boyd, Ablett, A Swallow, D.Swallow, Kerr (Mzungu, Bewick, Atley)

FWDS: J.Riewoldt, Rioli,, A.Krakeur, J Brown, Didak, Pavlich, Day (M Motlop, Darling, Daw)

RUCKS: Hale, J Fraser (Bellchambers, McCauley)

Cotter - a few comments below.

BACKS: goddard gibbs deledio grimes otten heppel toy (smith hunt puopolo)

Should be a pretty common backline and very guns/rookies which is fine but can be risky. Hunt might be okay but personally I would be looking at Stanley or Coad ahead of Hunt from the GC. I am just not sure Hunt will score enough.

MIDS: swan ablett hodge boyd bartel swallow (polec harris libertore)

GAJ and Hodge with injury concerns would give me a few concerns but if you get some comfort prior to the start of the year then by all means go with them. You are overloading on the premium mids but all of the guys picked warrant selection and if this is a tactic you want to pursue go for it.

RUCKS: sandilands leunberger (smith mcnamara

McNamara will be a unique and I struggle to see him playing. If you wanted a rookie priced player I might go Joel Tippet who has a better chance of playing at the GC, he is DP (so you could bring in Petrie or Halw later as cover in the forwards) and might give some protection if Smith is rested.

FORWARD: chapman rioli brennan banfield krakour gamble veszpremi ( richardson mzungu schnider

With the overload in the mids you have to pay somewhere and that is in the forwards which is fair enough. Firstly though you need to be careful with your byes. Given your current team you will have 4 out in round 6 so at least one donut and you will also have 3 out in week 4 which might also be asking for trouble. Consider rebalancing with some alternatives who have byes in other weeks. Darling or Matera instead of Scheider would help. Note also my comments on Brennan above who might be worth picking up in week 10 perhaps paired with someone like Jetta or Zaharikis who don't have any byes until round 10. Having one of those guys instead of Vez, Gamble or Banfield would also allow you to relieve the round 4 and 6 pressure. Then there is Chapman who has also not played so far this preseason and has been restricted all preseason with calf and groin issues. Given his history of missing games I have serious concerns there and would probably suggest you look elsewhere.

thanks quigley you are great, im think of downgrading ablett because of injury

thanks heaps for the replys quigley much appreciated :thumbsu:

one more though

adam maric? i saw him on saturday and looked very good whats your opinion?

Blueiris my thoughts-

I don't rate Mackie as a SC option because he rarely wins his own ball and does not use it particularly well. His scoring bears this out with him usually being a 5-10 point worse scorer in SC than in DT. I don't see that changing this year particularly if Scott implements a more defensive game style. I would seriously look at freeing up some money elsewhere and upgrading him to someone else. I don't have any problems with the other picks and any of them could do very nicely for you.

Did Montagna pick up an injury on the weekend? Maybe check that. Swallow is a bit of a different pick but one guy who has shown very good progression over the last few years and could well continue to improve this year. His disposal has gotten better slowly which has helped him in SC. Dangerfield I don't feel the love for because I still don't think he has the engine to play enough through the midfield to justify his price. I am also starting to get cautious with Adel players in general given their injury toll. Shuey should improve but I am not sure it will be by enough. I could be wrong about that but he hasn't done anything in the preseason to suggest that I am going to be wrong. Wallis has been outplayed by Libba so far and I wouldn't count on him playing early. Grab Harris instead as he should be a fantastic scoring option for his price and barring injury will play.

If you are confident in Clark go for it. Personally I am thinking Cox might bounce back but Clark could easily be right up there. Petrie is fine as long as you have factored in that he will be missing weeks 1 and 3. With Sandi and Clark that should be fine.

Chappy has a history of injury problems and has had a very interrupted preseason. I just can't go there myself but if you want to take the punt it could pay off nicely for you as when he plays the chances are very good that he will be the highest scoring forward. You have an enormous amount of injury risk in your forward premiums. Chappy as mentioned but Voldt had that hamstring issue last year and neither of Sylvia or Higgins has ever played a full season. Take a punt on a couple sure but you have a fair bit or risk there atm. I would probably trade one out for Buddy who looks great atm. Sylvia maybe one to consider other options with as he has never been a particularly good SC player. Gamble I also do not see as a good SC scorer relative to DT but at his price it should not matter. Word I am hearing is that Smith is not likely to play early for the Hawks. Matera maybe one to consider.
My upated team let me know if my change's are ok thanks Quig's
Backs;B.Goddard B.Gibbs B.Deledio J.Grimes J.Adcock N.Suban A.Otten (B.Smith J.Toy M.Hibberd)
Mids;L.Montagna S.Pendelbury K.Cornes R.Okeefe D.Swallow J.Polec
(D.Heppell D.Harris M.Wallis)
Rucks;D.Cox M.Clark (D.Petrie Z.Smith)
Forwards;N.Riewoldt L.Franklin A.Didak S.Higgins C.Knights A.Karkouer D.Prestia (C.Richardson T.Mzungu I.Smith) I went with Smith because he's a midfielder over B.Matera

Hey Pope my comments below:

Supercoach:

BACKS: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Adcock, Grimes, Heppell, C .Tarrant (Duigan, Lester, Puopolo)

Tarrant I would reconsider. FBs rarely score decently and that is no exception at Collingwood. Presti and N Brown are very ordinary scorers. Tarrant has not shown much ability to score decently and on the wrong side of 30 he is missing plenty of games. Lester could score okay if he plays and is freed up in a running rather than KP role. Could be worth a punt although I like a few of the GC guys more than both him and Paupolo.

MIDS :pedelbury, Boyd, Ablett, A Swallow, D.Swallow, Kerr (Mzungu, Bewick, Atley)

Hard to argue with much there. Kerr is off the injury list so keep an ear out for how he goes this weekend. You just need him to return to form for a few weeks before the inevitable break down. You want to make sure he is ready to go though. Same with GAJ who remains on the injury list with his groin problems. If it is OP you are paying a lot for someone who is only going one way.

FWDS: J.Riewoldt, Rioli,, A.Krakeur, J Brown, Didak, Pavlich, Day (M Motlop, Darling, Daw)

Jack has had a problem plagued preseason as well. He will go into the season on the back of knee problems which will have seen him miss all of the preseason games. Same for Browny and Didak and I personally wouldn't want ot carry all of them for round 1. I would look at Jack's cousin personally as an alternative. Day has shown no indication that he will be a big scorer and as a first year KP I would not expect much from him. If you like that sort I would be going with Dixon. Darling was late to training last week and was dropped for the praccy game. I think that puts a line through him for the first couple of rounds. Is Marlon in the side for round 1? Young Irons I think might be stepping into the slot they originally had pegged for him (and Irons might be someone to consider in teh midfield at rock bottom price). Daw I assume is there for the DP and may get a chance early. I don't expect much scoring wise from him but if they are serious about not playing Petrie in the ruck Daw might need to be thrown in.

RUCKS: Hale, J Fraser (Bellchambers, McCauley)

Hale and Fraser are risky picks but one or both could come off. Be ready to move though if things don't look like working. Have backup plans about how you are going to go to someone else because you could need to. Bellchambers has looked better this preseason but Hille is now off the injured list and cause Bellchambers to be missing when you need him. If Hille is projected to return after week 3 you could be laughing. McCauley is cheap but without injury its hard to see him playing. I might look at Bailey and Derickx or Smith rather than Bellchambers and McCauley.

thanks heaps for the replys quigley much appreciated :thumbsu:

one more though

adam maric? i saw him on saturday and looked very good whats your opinion?
Maric was the most accurate shot for goal to ever come through the junior system. He was never particularly athletic though and it has taken him time to find his feet. I have been very impressed with him as well this preseason and is one you could definately consider. Keep an eye on his scores though as some of these guys do things nicely when they get it but the problem is that they don't get it enough. Check the Freako newsletter would be my best advice.

My upated team let me know if my change's are ok thanks Quig's
Backs;B.Goddard B.Gibbs B.Deledio J.Grimes J.Adcock N.Suban A.Otten (B.Smith J.Toy M.Hibberd)
Mids;L.Montagna S.Pendelbury K.Cornes R.Okeefe D.Swallow J.Polec
(D.Heppell D.Harris M.Wallis)
Rucks;D.Cox M.Clark (D.Petrie Z.Smith)
Forwards;N.Riewoldt L.Franklin A.Didak S.Higgins C.Knights A.Karkouer D.Prestia (C.Richardson T.Mzungu I.Smith) I went with Smith because he's a midfielder over B.Matera
I can't see any issues worth noting iris. Without any issues about picking injured players etc it is starting to get to the stages where its my favourites as opposed to yours and there is nothing to say that yours will not be better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Quigly, mind rating my team, its not perfect yet, but let me know what you think (its for Dream Team).

Def: B.Goddard, B.Gibbs, B.Deledio, J.Grimes, J.Adcock, D.Heppell, J.Toy, N. Lower, N.Duigan, M.Hibberd.

Mid: D.Swan, M.Boyd, L.Montagna, J.Bartel, A.Swallow, B.Mclean, T.Mzungu, S.Atley, M.Wallis.

Ruc: D.Cox, R.Warnock, Z.Smith, B.McCauley.

Fwd: L.Franklin, N.Riewoldt, M.Pavlich, J.Roughead, G.Rohan, A.Krakouer, C.Richardson, D.Talia, G.Horlin-Smith, I.Smith

Thinking of swapping one of my mids for Gibbs atm and get a different defender so I can swap Goddard and Gibbs if need be.

Cheers

Viper - my thoughts:

Def: B.Goddard, B.Gibbs, B.Deledio, J.Grimes, J.Adcock, D.Heppell, J.Toy, N. Lower, N.Duigan, M.Hibberd.

Pretty good. Lower has to be in everyone's sights based on the last two preseason games. Adcock I am starting to get a little concerned about. Not showing that he will go back to being the big ball winner at the back. It could be a repeat of last year.

Mid: D.Swan, M.Boyd, L.Montagna, J.Bartel, A.Swallow, B.Mclean, T.Mzungu, S.Atley, M.Wallis.

Stacked midfield. I am not a big McLean fan but that is personal. He is priced attractively and should make money. He has had ankle soreness from the intraclub match in January which has kept him out of the preseason games so far. Word is that he will play this week. Wallis won't play early and Libba is definately ahead of him so you might want to consider other options. Libba for one, Harris maybe or Irons from Port perhaps. Curnow is another possibility if he gets named.

Ruc: D.Cox, R.Warnock, Z.Smith, B.McCauley.

Broc is not at the top of my list but if you are counting pennies I suppose he has as much chance of playing as any of the other rookies. Warnock could do pretty well if he can stay on the park.

Fwd: L.Franklin, N.Riewoldt, M.Pavlich, J.Roughead, G.Rohan, A.Krakouer, C.Richardson, D.Talia, G.Horlin-Smith, I.Smith

I would trade out Roughy for someone else. He is not really a DT type player and by my count you would have at least 4 players out for week 6 (although you could DP Mzungu in). I would be reluctant to go with more than 2 out in any particular week just to allow some flexibility for an injury or one of your rookies to be dropped. Horlin-Smith I can't see playing in the first half of the year. Matera or Prestia would be the popular alternatives. Rohan tweaked something and withdrew from the swans match on teh weekend but is not on the injury list. Keep an eye on it but it seems precautionary.

I would trade out Roughy for someone else. He is not really a DT type player and by my count you would have at least 4 players out for week 6 (although you could DP Mzungu in).

Minor note: Mzungu would also be out in Week 6.

Just in case some people missed it - Mzungu was injured on the weekend and out for 6-8 weeks. Hence the greater interest in Bewick. For those not already considering him Nick Lower who has already been getting great numbers should now firm as a certainty.

I've got 2 smokies left Quigley. If you mention them I'll throw a hissy fit. ;)

No such thing as a smokey any more. If they're rookies people are going to include them the moment they see the Round 1 teams. ;)

Hehe

Okay a few smokies - see if I can get one or two

Backs
P Stewert
Broadbent
Everitt
Gwilt
Laidler

Mids
Cotchin
Kennedy
Salopek
Sloane
B Martin
Palmer
Rookies - Curnow, Iles

Rucks
McEvoy
Trengove

Forwards
Duncan
Fyfe
Zaharakis
Walker (SC)

I'd throw in Stanley and Magin down back and Dixon up front as promising GC rookies that seem to have slipped under the radar. Keeffe from Collingwood as a ruck rookie who may play in defence. Brodie Smith from Adelaide as a defender.

I'm pretty going pure guns/rookies this year so I haven't paid a lot of attention to anyone above $235k in price.

On the forward rookies. Apparently Darling was very impressive last weekend and might be a chance for round 1 even given his week off for being late to training. Maybe more SC but he is definately another to consider.

Davey - great disposal but has had trouble breaking tags previously. With the onset of the new brigade at Melb there is a fair chance that he is not going to be tagged every game so he could increase his scoring. Teams will know however that tags are effective on him so may make sure he gets one anyway. There has to be some upside in his price so he will make you money the question though is whether it will be enough.

O'Brien - I think will certainly get games but when and how often they occur will be the doubt. He is fighting with a few others and would be a big chance to come in for a few and go back to the reserves for a few. I personally can't go with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back