( SP Davis - Dunkley - G Hewett )

Stef - Blicavs
( Loersch )

Buddy - JJk - Kerridge
Steele - Brown - Milera

( Xanadu - Papley )

Only 7 guys went the journey , 3 of those loopholes :drunk::drunk:

BEST BUYS

Cripps at $498,600 ( finished $597.100 )
Pridda at $496,200 ( $558.100 )
Maxy at $563.300 ( $614,400 )

FINAL RANKING - 22,270 ( Highest ever )
Treloar my season MVP

Starting team:
DEF: Shaw, Simpson, McGovern, Cutler, Weitering, Dea (Adams, Tippa)
MID: Danger, Ablett, Ward, Rockliff, Wines, Crouch, Kerridge, Mills (Hewett, Davis, Gresham)
RUCK: Gawn, Naitanui (Goetz)
FWD: Barlow, Robinson, Hall, Wells, Kennedy, Menadue (Papley, McCarthy)

picked 8 year long keepers....:drunk::rolleyes:

Best Buys:
Merrett (477k got in round 3 for Barlol)
Stef Martin (got in for NN at 347k, eventually traded him out to Mummy - made 150k)

Worst Buys:
Sam Mitchell (got in round 3 for Rocky and only got 2 tons from him in 10 weeks...)
Luke Parker (more so the timing of this, got him in round 4 but he averaged around 85 for about 8 weeks before finishing strong)
Chad Wingard (got in round 18 for Hall and got 1 ton, then had to trade him out...)

Worst Rank: 43,996
Best Rank: 2933
Worst Round Rank: 91,248
Best Round Rank: 241

OVERALL RANK: 6335

Apologies for not going with the formula...

Last year I went out in straight sets.

I came into this year with a strategy:
- don't waste trades
- forget overall
- only bring in the best.

I won my last h/a game by 4 points to scrape into the top 4 in my cash league.

I won my gf today by 5 points.

I was bloody lucky, but it feels good to have put so much effort into it and come out with $500 and the title of champ.

Thanks to everyone who helped with advice (directly and indirectly) throughout the year. I love yous all.

What a horrible year for me... :'(

I am going to miss it, but I'm very glad the torture is over

Season end rank: 18,877 (my worst ever by a long way)

Best trade/s: DBJ to Priddis (rd 10) & Libba to Treloar (rd 17) - both were $500k

Worst trade/s: Barlow to JJ (rd 3) & Tippett to Sinclair (rd 13)

MVP: Jasper Pittard (started with this beast... locked in for next season)

Notes:

Finished 5.5k worse than I did in my first year doing SC... FML

Added a bunch of scrubs to my never-again list

A full, injury free preseason is required for a spot in my side

Treloar and Bont are studs!

Injuries can GAGF!

zsWI5Ev.png

Bring on 2017!

I'll be praying for a lot less carnage :praying:

Last edited:
upload_2016-8-28_22-57-28.png

Horrid finish to my best season ever in terms of overall ranking. Forgot to change captain from Gawn to Danger this round, so I'm going to take some artistic license and add 90ish points to my score, which surely would have kept me in the top 5000 and therefore, gives me my first ever top 5000 finish in SC :D.

Best trade-ins: Docherty, Sloane, Gray.

Worst trade-ins: Deledio, Barlow (the round he got injured), Goldy (when I thought he had 'bottomed out' at $574k in Rd 10)

Best not-trade-ins: (considered, but decided not to): McVeigh, Stef Martin, Dahlhaus the week before he got his injured 28.

Worst not-trade-ins: (considered, but decided not to): Pendles (when he was $582k, got Ward instead), Zerrett (at $470kish)/

Best starting picks: Danger, Gawn, Wells, the rest were putrid except perhaps Martin.

Worst starting picks: Barlow, Rockliff, M Crouch, Fyfe, Shiel, Laird.

Really need to resist having mid-priced spuds like Zaharakis in my team next year, or at the very least, get rid of them as soon as they hit $500k or so.

EDIT: Thought I'd include my overall ranking worm across the rounds. Easily my most consistent year, managed to get as high as 2,093 in Round 4. Much of a muchness from then on.

upload_2016-8-28_23-45-14.png

Last edited:
Alright, here we go. This is gonna be a long one.

Rnd 1 team;
Def: Shaw, Boyd, Rich, Dea, Adams, Tippa (Brown, Lee)
Mid:Gaz, Selwood, Pendles, Fyfe, Rocky, Wines, Mills, Menadue (Davis, Gresham, Dunkley)
Ruck:Goldy, Gawn (Goetz)
Fwd: Dusty, Barlow, Wells, CEllis, BenKen, Kerridge (Papley, McCarthy)

Only 8 premos made it all the way through.
Started of my season with a 2,065 and 2,164 :huh:
Enter trade mode.

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 11.43.25 pm.png
Out goes Gresham for one of the only rookies that start well that I missed, welcome Hewett.
Rocky dead, only took 2 rounds this year, his arse gets traded out and placed at the top of the "Never Again" list, trade in mid-pricer Libba who was off to a flier, once in my team turns into a s**t truck.

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 11.47.58 pm.png
Ranked at 52,194th the catch up game begins, newly traded in rookie goes down straight away, don't expect him to get back into Sydney's 22 any time soon so out he goes, DPP magic allows for him to become Def rookie stud Hartley.
Bite the bullet on break-out candidate Wines (currently averaging 90.8) for DANGER! (currently averaging 135) poops out a 99 against the Bombers. Ugh.

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 11.58.42 pm.png
The first rookie cull. Garbage scores for Menadue and Papley means they wont be making me cash anytime soon so they make way for Ruggles and DBJ who look like they're gonna turn into big fat cows. on one hand DBJ belts out a ton on the bubble, on the other Fyfe is done for the year.

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 12.04.37 am.png
Overcome great heartache and have to trade out The Knife, Dea joins him and through more DDP magic they are turned in Captain Parker and Ward who combine for 434 on debut. Finish the round with 2,348 (65th for the round) and have come in 48,100 spots in total rank over 3 rounds, currently at 4,094 overall.

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 12.10.06 am.png
Trade out rookie of the year early, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, you are a superstar. But is traded to another star rookie in Petracca (netting over 200k) and dud rookie of the year SPDavis becomes a 102k cheapy with a very tasty BE.

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 12.16.34 am.png
TRADES OF THE YEAR!
2 more solid rookies make way thanks to the cash generated from last weeks trades.
Adams out for the #1 defender for the season in Docherty (currently averaging 100) who belts out a 147 and goes on to average a massive 112.8 for the rest of the year. Earns himself the permalock status with Shaw.
Rising Star and future winner of every award ever, Callum Mills, makes way for ZMerrett (currently averaging 102.3) also known as, the best thing to come out of Essendon Football Club. Ever. Bangs out a 130 on debut and carries on to average 115.7 for my team.
Rank is down to to triple digits, 882 despite dud VC/C choices in Selwood (69) and Ward (88).

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 12.29.10 am.png
Trades of the year are followed by dud trades of the year.
McCarthy out for bubble boy MacPherson who goes down with a knee injury.
Ruggles omitted so had to break the bank to trade in faux def premo Gibson. Scores a pathetic 59 points. Geelong have a late out, Ruggles comes back into the side and scores 60. $257k and a trade with a return of a single point. SC can eat a bag of dicks.
Pain is numbed buy Captain Goldy's 346 and Shaw's 202.

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 12.36.39 am.png
Serviceable rookies Brown and DBJ hit the wall, so once again thanks to DPP magic they are turned into season long keepers Super Stud Def rookies Collins and a personal new favourite in Mathieson. $$$

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 12.40.33 am.png
Hartley cops an injury so he has to go, left over cash makes it possible to trade another injured rookie in MacPherson out for Robbie Gray, the jet that CD seem to hate.
Collins has his first start for ControlAltDeledio and dishes up a wonder 100.
Cop my 1 and only donut for the year, Goldy misses and having no ruck cover whatsoever means I'm forced to eat it unless I wanna blow a trade and miss out on getting Robbie at his lowest price.

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 12.45.30 am.png
Finally.
After 11 long weeks Deledio would finally make it into the team named after him. He starts off his stay with a nice 105. Also the first week since i've started trade in which I haven't used both available trades.
Having no viable loopholes, I'm forced to loophole one of my Friday night players, Gibson or ZMerrett. ZMerrett it is. He only manages a 97, not a loophole worthy score. Gonna have to leave the captain duties to the best player of all time, Gaz as he goes up against my mob. He goes on to knock out a 129, not the best score, not bad at all. The only issue is that the day before Dangerfield has belted out a 229! TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY ******* NINE! And I've missed it!
Finish the round off with a 2617 (PB for the year), and an overall rank of 64.
Could of been a 2719 and the best score I'd ever gotten.

Continued in next post, reached the attachment limit for this one lol

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 1.04.48 am.png
Enter the bye rounds, trade in 2 cheapies to make up the 18 and hopefully generate some cash (yeah, nah that didn't happen).
Dangerfield is a star and I make up a bit more room on overall, sitting at 40 now.

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 1.17.02 am.png
This is when it starts to get real.
Trade out mid price trap Liberatore for former favourite non-tiges player Treloar (jokes on him both clubs are s**t lol) and bye round rookie for Rory Laird fresh off their byes.
Score 2,064 and come in at #6th overall. Wowee.

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 1.21.20 am.png
Only bye week that utilised the 3 available trades.
Out goes bye round rookie Tucker, embodiment of SC aids Rich and broken down SP STARLOW!:'(
In came star defender Simpson (128), a mostly handy pick up in Monty (70 eh) and Phillips (28 pls no)
Drop 2 spots overall to 8th.

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 1.27.07 am.png
Kerridge makes way and lets me join the Zorko train, albeit later than everyone else, but dodged the week when he was randomly out for personal reasons during the byes.
Gain one spot back, now at 7th, 3 trades left.

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 1.30.08 am.png
Had to say goodbye to the best player of all time.
Traded him to the best premo that I didn't have, Welcome Hanners, who then went on to score a 68 and 78 before bouncing back to his regular SC pig state.
Traded handy DPP rookie Petracca to Aaron bloody Hall, who was supposed to serve as an F7/M9 loophole player, but surprise surprise, another injury the week of being traded in!
Deledio also done for the year.
It all starts to fall apart.

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 1.36.43 am.png
With Deledio, Hall and Rose all languishing away on the pine I'm forced to make a decision.
No definite word on when either will be back, I can't bring myself to trade out my favourite player so Hall is straight back out after a 1 week stint in my team, meaning I wasted my last two trades on that *******.
Trade in Boomer as I can't see him missing a game, and I thought NM might come good towards the backend of the year.
Finish the round ranked 6th with no trades left...

Round 19
Boyd is out but he's covered by SPCollins, Deledio becomes a 489k loophole allowing me to take Danger's 144.
drop to 7th.

Round 20
Shaw scores a 58, largely irrelevant as everyone except toxic has him.
But then two of my PODs in Gibson and Robbie Gray follow his lead (58 and 53 respectively)
Horrible week, 19k round rank, #14th overall, dream appears to be dead.

Round 21
Score 2427, looks great on paper, even Robbie and Gibson somewhat redeemed themselves, but their was one massive stain in the shape of Brent ******* Harvey. 21 touches. 31 SuperCoach points. Drop to 25th overall. The dream is well and truly dead.

Round 22
2,578! Nailed Pendles as VC for 330 points, Robbie Gray righted all his previous wrongs with a 137 and only 2 dud scores, Zorko's 54 which was irrelevant and Gibson's 43 (dead to me, top of the never again list, get ****ed you chipscabbing poonce).
And as if he'd read all the nasty things I'd said about him last week Boomer Harvey comes out with a 150! Still would of been nice if he didn't drop that stinky 31 on me, but he's on the way to redemption. 12th overall going into the last round.

Round 23
Off to an ok start with an 80 from Laird as my only player on Friday night.
Dangerwood gets the job done again, 434 between them thanks to vice captain Danger. Gawn delivers a woeful 63. But everyone has him so it doesn't matter.
Deledio takes his rightful place as the captain of ControlAltDeledio for one last hurrah.
Docherty and Simpson get their job done again with another pair of 100s.
ZMerrett belts out a rippa score of 141 to boot.
The Tiges do their best to ruin my week. Dusty, Hanners and Parker all go sub 100. not looking great.
Goldy and Wells are serviceable in a 37 point loss, netting me 99 and 87 points, but Harvey (112), Ward (118) and Shaw (124) all crack the ton!
Robbie Gray is my only player in the Port V GC game and he racks up 34 touches and 4 goals! 147 for the superstar.
Zorko and Monty have pretty standard games, nothing out of the box here for me.
Hawks V Pies begins, Pendles off to a flier, another permalock, never in doubt cruises his way to a cool 118. Surprise surprise, Josh Gibson is out their doing his best crab impression finishes up with 63 points for the day (seriously, eat a bag of dicks you useless campaigner) and Treloar coming off a 131 point game has not touched the pill in an entire quarter of football. That's it, game over. Until Treloar decides he actually wants to get involved in this game, 36 touches and 2.1 later the monster ends up with 150!
The last game of the H&A season is quite anticlimactic, only the one player, the evergreen Matty Boyd. Goes about his business, just your standard 125. Happy days.

2555 points later and there we have it, bloody 7th overall. How about it!?

MVP: Couldn't split it, the round 8 boys. ZMerrett and Docherty. Too bloody good, never let me down.

Final Team;
Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 2.17.42 am.png

Big thanks to the BigFooty SuperCoach community, best bunch of footyheads going around. Can't think of the right words to do you justice right now, so let's just get stuck into #SuperCoach2017

Last edited:
View attachment 282339
Enter the bye rounds, trade in 2 cheapies to make up the 18 and hopefully generate some cash (yeah, nah that didn't happen).
Dangerfield is a star and I make up a bit more room on overall, sitting at 40 now.

View attachment 282340
Trade out mid price trap Liberatore for former favourite non-tiges player Treloar (jokes on him both clubs are s**t lol) and bye round rookie for Rory Laird fresh off their byes.

View attachment 282341
Out goes bye round rookie Tucker, embodiment of SC aids Rich and broken down SP STARLOW!:'(
In came star defender Simpson (128), a mostly handy pick up in Monty (70 eh) and Phillips (28 pls no)

View attachment 282342
Kerridge makes way and lets me join the Zorko train, albeit later than everyone else, but dodged the week when he was randomly out for personal reasons during the byes.

View attachment 282343
Traded him to the best premo that I didn't have, Welcome Hanners, who then went on to score a 68 and 78 before bouncing back to his regular SC pig state.
Traded handy DPP rookie Petracca to Aaron bloody Hall, who was supposed to serve as an F7/M9 loophole player, but surprise surprise, another injury the week of being traded in!

View attachment 282345
With Deledio, Hall and Rose all languishing away on the pine I'm forced to make a decision.
No definite word on when either will be back, I can't bring myself to trade out my favourite player so Hall is straight back out after a 1 week stint in my team, meaning I wasted my last two trades on that *******.
Trade in Boomer as I can't see him missing a game, and I thought NM might come good towards the backend of the year.

Round 19
Boyd is out but he's covered by SPCollins, Deledio becomes a 489k loophole allowing me to take Danger's 144.
drop to 7th.

Round 20
But then two of my PODs in Gibson and Robbie Gray follow his lead (58 and 53 respectively)

Round 21
Score 2427, looks great on paper, even Robbie and Gibson somewhat redeemed themselves, but their was one massive stain in the shape of Brent ******* Harvey. 21 touches. 31 SuperCoach points. Drop to 25th overall. The dream is well and truly dead.

Round 22
2,578! Nailed Pendles as VC for 330 points, Robbie Gray righted all his previous wrongs with a 137 and only 2 dud scores, Zorko's 54 which was irrelevant and Gibson's 43 (dead to me, top of the never again list, get stuffed you chipscabbing poonce).
And as if he'd read all the nasty things I'd said about him last week Boomer Harvey comes out with a 150! Still would of been nice if he didn't drop that stinky 31 on me, but he's on the way to redemption. 12th overall going into the last round.

Round 23
Dangerwood gets the job done again, 434 between them thanks to vice captain Danger. Gawn delivers a woeful 63. But everyone has him so it doesn't matter.
Deledio takes his rightful place as the captain of ControlAltDeledio for one last hurrah.
The Tiges do their best to ruin my week. Dusty, Hanners and Parker all go sub 100. not looking great.
Goldy and Wells are serviceable in a 37 point loss, netting me 99 and 87 points, but Harvey (112), Ward (118) and Shaw (124) all crack the ton!
Robbie Gray is my only player in the Port V GC game and he racks up 34 touches and 4 goals! 147 for the superstar.
Hawks V Pies begins, Pendles off to a flier, another permalock, never in doubt cruises his way to a cool 118. Surprise surprise, Josh Gibson is out their doing his best crab impression finishes up with 63 points for the day (seriously, eat a bag of dicks you useless campaigner) and Treloar coming off a 131 point game has not touched the pill in an entire quarter of football. That's it, game over. Until Treloar decides he actually wants to get involved in this game, 36 touches and 2.1 later the monster ends up with 150!
The last game of the H&A season is quite anticlimactic, only the one player, the evergreen Matty Boyd. Goes about his business, just your standard 125. Happy days.

MVP: Couldn't split it, the round 8 boys. ZMerrett and Docherty. Too bloody good, never let me down.

Final Team;
View attachment 282346

Big thanks to the BigFooty SuperCoach community, best bunch of footyheads going around. Can't think of the right words to do you justice right now, so let's just get stuck into #SuperCoach2017

Great read mate.

Followed your season with great interest aswell as Toxics.

You are both Bigfooty champs in my book. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Round one team if I can remember that far back.

Heater.....Simpson.....laird.....dea....weitering....brown...Adams...tippy.
Fyfe...pendles...gaz....rocky...Bcrouch....wells.....mills....Davis....menaspud...Dunkley...Hewitt.
Goldy...sauce.
Dusty...Barlow...hall...Robbo...keridage..paps..McCarthy...?? Can't remember who dat spud was.

With that many changes can't believe I had a trade left:eek:.

Best buys.
Sloane before he went on he's merry way.
Burgoyne at 415k was a huge pod for me,150 sc in he's first outing in my team.

Worst buy cogs was ok but could got someone better.
Dollhouse one poo score next week out for ages.

Goal was to trade better than past years.I did that for most part of the season.
Few s**t ones in there.

Edit.
Final team ended up like.
Heater...simpson...Laird...Rance..Boyd...Burgoyne...Collins...brand.
Danger...pendles...Cripps...hanners...Selwood...Neale...gray...cogs..menagola...Phillips...matho.
Gawn..goldy.....Lorch ness.
Dusty...monty...dollhouse...wells..Zorko...Robbo..Nainssmith...Oleg.

Plan was to have Libba and Robbo as m9 F7 money and injurys etc plan fell threw.
Reget not getting zerrert in the forward line.

Last edited:
Total Points: 50358 | Overall Rank: 9079

Round 1
DEF:
Boyd, Shaw, Bartel, Weitering, Dea, MBrown (Adams, McTip)
MID: GAJ, Fyfe, Rockliff, Pendles, Libba, Crouch, Mills, Kerridge (Hewett, Davis, Gresham)
RUC: Goldstein, NicNat (Cox)
FWD: Martin, Barlow, Hall, Wells, Menadue, Milera (Papley, McCarthy)

Round 23
DEF:
Simpson, Shaw, Boyd, Rance, Bartel, Laird (B.Smith, Brand)
MID: Dangerfield, Pendles, Hannebery, Parker, Priddis, Ward, Sloane, Rockliff (C.Hewett, Trengove, Phillips)
RUC: Goldy, Martin (Naismith)
FWD: Z.Merrett, Zorko, Martin, Montagna, Dahlhaus , Hall (Gunston, Grimley)

Italics: Players in team since round 1 (Rockliff was traded out then back in)

Milera over McGovern
Barlow over Zerrett
Bartel over Docherty
Crouch
Goldy over Gawn

Trade in Regrets:
Ward at 586k (never again) over JPK who was 40k cheaper - worst trade in by a mile
Brodie Smith in Round 4 - should have waited a week and got Doc
Gunston, should have held Wells
Not trading Libba to Robbie Gray when their prices were on parity
Kerridge > Dahlhaus. Kerridge tonned up the week I made the trade then Dahl got injured the next week

Boyd - was a great POD

Happy with Trades:
Priddis at 496k - one sub 100 score after that point, best buy in for the year hands down.
Stef Martin - 347k for 2 sub 100 scores, one of them in the 90s. Had Naismith as great cover for the 2 weeks he missed.
Rockliff to Parker Round 3, despite mid season slump am happy with overall outcome.

Overall:
Was probably too conservative with initial line up, paying overs for Goldy and Fyfe. Will certainly look more at the value of my starting line up in 2017 more so than locking in supposed 'tried and true' options. Frustrating year but will be better for it.

Trade-History-2016.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking back at my trades history, and ignoring the fact I had both of these spuds to begin with, I reckon all of you would be hard pressed to find a single better round of trades than this:

ROUND 6
OUT: AISH, BALLANTYNE
IN: PETRACCA, GAWN

Has there ever been a bigger net upgrade in Supercoach history?

View attachment 282339

View attachment 282340

View attachment 282341

View attachment 282342

View attachment 282343

View attachment 282345

Round 19
drop to 7th.

Round 20

Round 21

Round 22
2,578! Nailed Pendles as VC for 330 points, Robbie Gray righted all his previous wrongs with a 137 and only 2 dud scores, Zorko's 54 which was irrelevant and Gibson's 43 (dead to me, top of the never again list, get stuffed you chipscabbing poonce).

Round 23

Final Team;
View attachment 282346

Great read. Pretty cool to see how it all unfolded and compare against my own moves. Clearly, yours were a lot better! Congrats again. I'll be able to tell the grandkids I was there when control alt Delidio finished 7th!

Ok here is my season review of my team Harding UTD.

INITIAL STARTING TEAM -

int1.JPG

int2.JPG

int3.JPG

Nailed my 3 starting premo backs in Shaw, Boyd and Laird however Lairds 4 week toe injury annoyed me to no end. Adams, Dea, Tippa and Weitering were all great early on.

With my mids only Dangerfield survived the whole year. Everyone else either got injured and traded out or injured then traded out/back in (Rocky)

Both my premo rucks lasted the whole year, nailed it there. Captain Loophole Goetz came in handy at times too.

Only one of my forwards survived the whole year and that was Kerridge. Everyone else got traded out due to injury, traded out and back in (Hall) or upgraded.

Spent way too many trades replacing premos/upgrading players in the mids and forwards. Need more durable players in these 2 spots next year.

Worst starting pick was Sam Gray. What an absolute spud he was!!!!

SEASON TRADES -

trades2.JPG

trades1.JPG

Think I got pretty much all my trades right. No dud trades that I can see.

Jut got unlucky with trading premos in only for them to get injured like Gray and Deledio.

FINAL TEAM -

Team.JPG

Pretty happy with my final team.

Actually had a trade left till second week of finals (LOL!) and used it by going Deledio > Dahlhaus.

Only regrets I can see is that I had no Docherty, Zorko and no ruck backup.

OVERALL -

Won 4 grand finals (2 cashies at $650.00 cash prize combined) and finished 1259 overall.

Next year I will be going with more of a youth oriented squad (Doc, Laird, Cripps, Bont, Treloar, Gawn, and whatever good mid/forwards there are.

Will also pick Dangerfield, possibly Shaw and Pendles to start off with. Dusty and Zorko if they are mid/forwards.

Last edited:
Total Points: 49080 | Overall Rank: 28403

Round 1
DEF:
Shaw, McGovern, Yeo, Laird, Dea, Adams (Ruggles, Adams)
MID: Dangerfield, GAJ, Fyfe, Rockliff, S.Mitchell, Hewett , Mills, Kerridge, (Menadue, Davis, Gresham)
RUC: Goldstein, NicNat (King)
FWD: Barlow, Wingard, Robinson, McGovern Jnr, Brown, Tippa (Papley, McCarthy)

Round 23
DEF:
Shaw, Docherty, Boyd, Bartel, Laird, Yeo (Collins, Collins)
MID: Dangerfield, Pendles, Hannebery, Jelwood, Rockliff, Bont, S.Mitchell, Hill (C.Hewett, Trengove, Phillips)
RUC: Goldy, Gawn (King)
FWD: Zorko, Montagna, Kennedy, Lycett, Westoff, Wingard (Yarran, Ubergang)

In Round 16 I had a great week and truly believed I was gonna make my move.
I was wrong. So I just kept drinking as my season went down the toilet along with my liver.

He who laughs last, laughs hardest :rainbow:

upload_2016-8-29_20-57-18.png

upload_2016-8-29_21-0-33.png

Ok here is my season review of my team Harding UTD.

INITIAL STARTING TEAM -

View attachment 282813

View attachment 282815

View attachment 282817

Nailed my 3 starting premo backs in Shaw, Boyd and Laird however Lairds 4 week toe injury annoyed me to no end. Adams, Dea, Tippa and Weitering were all great early on.

With my mids only Dangerfield survived the whole year. Everyone else either got injured and traded out or injured then traded out/back in (Rocky)

Both my premo rucks lasted the whole year, nailed it there. Captain Loophole Goetz came in handy at times too.

Only one of my forwards survived the whole year and that was Kerridge. Everyone else got traded out due to injury, traded out and back in (Hall) or upgraded.

Spent way too many trades replacing premos/upgrading players in the mids and forwards. Need more durable players in these 2 spots next year.

Worst starting pick was Sam Gray. What an absolute spud he was!!!!

SEASON TRADES -

View attachment 282826

View attachment 282827

Think I got pretty much all my trades right. No dud trades that I can see.

Jut got unlucky with trading premos in only for them to get injured like Gray and Deledio.

FINAL TEAM -

View attachment 282829

Pretty happy with my final team.

Actually had a trade left till second week of finals (LOL!) and used it by going Deledio > Dahlhaus.

Only regrets I can see is that I had no Docherty, Zorko and no ruck backup.

OVERALL -

Won 4 grand finals (2 cashies at $650.00 cash prize combined) and finished 1259 overall.

Next year I will be going with more of a youth oriented squad (Doc, Laird, Cripps, Bont, Treloar, Gawn, and whatever good mid/forwards there are.

Will also pick Dangerfield, possibly Shaw and Pendles to start off with. Dusty and Zorko if they are mid/forwards.

Only dodgy trade was Gray in then two weeks later out at a 45k loss.

You had a great year mate. Certainly made massive inroads to finish in the top 1%. Nice work.

Only dodgy trade was Gray in then two weeks later out at a 45k loss.

You had a great year mate. Certainly made massive inroads to finish in the top 1%. Nice work.

Cheers mate.

I thought the Gray trade was a good one but like I said in my review I just got unlucky trading in premos only for them to get injured shortly after (Gray and Lids)

I actually traded Gray back in again after trading him out. Same with Hall. LOL! :drunk::thumbsu::rolleyes::eek::rainbow::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Cheers mate.

I thought the Gray trade was a good one but like I said in my review I just got unlucky trading in premos only for them to get injured shortly after (Gray and Lids)

I actually traded Gray back in again after trading him out. Same with Hall. LOL! :drunk::thumbsu::rolleyes::eek::rainbow::fire::fire::fire::fire:
At least it was injuries this year :D I should've picked that one up.

JuddgementDay

my final 2016 motley crue

kinda served me well - had great bench cover all year except for the final rd of the byes

Made 3 trade mistakes that hurt
5 weeks of bad captain gambles in pursuit of miracle points (probably knowing my squad wasnt as strong as the top 10 and chasing points)

upload_2016-9-1_8-33-14.png

Trade history below

upload_2016-9-1_8-35-25.png

Round 10 Disaster trade week - Must have Been SOBER

upload_2016-9-1_8-37-6.png

View attachment 282339

View attachment 282340

View attachment 282341

View attachment 282342

View attachment 282343

View attachment 282345

Round 19
drop to 7th.

Round 20

Round 21

Round 22

Round 23

Final Team;
View attachment 282346

A great read and congrats on a great year.
Interesting in that you almost had a completely upgraded midfield before you upgraded your first fwd premo into your team.
When you traded Zerret in was it in your midfield or fwd line? Spose it didn't matter as you could swing him with Kerridge if and when needed.
Was the aim to upgrade your mids and backs before your fwd line...or was it just the way it panned out because the bottomed out players you traded in just happened to be mids and defs at the time? And you were happy to have Kerridge onfield compared to other rookies on the other lines?
Cheers and congrats on a great year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back