YOUR SEASON REVIEW

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great read and congrats on a great year.
Interesting in that you almost had a completely upgraded midfield before you upgraded your first fwd premo into your team.
When you traded Zerret in was it in your midfield or fwd line? Spose it didn't matter as you could swing him with Kerridge if and when needed.
Was the aim to upgrade your mids and backs before your fwd line...or was it just the way it panned out because the bottomed out players you traded in just happened to be mids and defs at the time? And you were happy to have Kerridge onfield compared to other rookies on the other lines?
Cheers and congrats on a great year

There was no real plan of who to upgrade first. Starting with 6 mid "premos" made it pretty easy to finish up, it was either like for like when one of them got injured or 1 of 2 actually upgrades.
Gray just happened to be at a good price when I got him in to finish the mids and rookies on other lines were still getting games and had a bit more mooing to do.

ZMerrett was traded in as a FWD, but was plenty of DPP switching with the likes of Kerridge, CEllis, Tippa, Petracca, etc so it made it easy.

I've always thought DEF was the easiest line to upgrade on, and spent the first half of the year waiting for Simpson to throw in his annual shitehole score like he's done every other year I've had him but this year he was a star all the time so it took a while longer than expected.

Fwds took so long because whenever I was about to trade one in something went wrong, like that week Zorko was randomly out.

There was no real plan of who to upgrade first. Starting with 6 mid "premos" made it pretty easy to finish up, it was either like for like when one of them got injured or 1 of 2 actually upgrades.
Gray just happened to be at a good price when I got him in to finish the mids and rookies on other lines were still getting games and had a bit more mooing to do.

ZMerrett was traded in as a FWD, but was plenty of DPP switching with the likes of Kerridge, CEllis, Tippa, Petracca, etc so it made it easy.

I've always thought DEF was the easiest line to upgrade on, and spent the first half of the year waiting for Simpson to throw in his annual shitehole score like he's done every other year I've had him but this year he was a star all the time so it took a while longer than expected.

Fwds took so long because whenever I was about to trade one in something went wrong, like that week Zorko was randomly out.

Hey bud I'm assuming you've been paid already or at least contacted to be paid

AWESOME BLOODY EFFORT

I wonder if others have been paid?

I've asked the HUN if a full list of teams who won prizes is available?

Wonder if I'll get a reply?????????????

upload_2016-9-1_17-37-45.png

Hey bud I'm assuming you've been paid already or at least contacted to be paid

AWESOME BLOODY EFFORT

I wonder if others have been paid?

I've asked the HUN if a full list of teams who won prizes is available?

Wonder if I'll get a reply?????????????

View attachment 283903

They've been in touch, haven't actually got it yet. Even Jiska was quicker than the HUN.

Doubt they'll get back to you, they never even got back to me all those weeks ago.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
They've been in touch, haven't actually got it yet. Even Jiska was quicker than the HUN.

Doubt they'll get back to you, they never even got back to me all those weeks ago.

Hey mate, how much prize money did you win out of curiosity for coming 7th?

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
JuddgementDay

my final 2016 motley crue

kinda served me well - had great bench cover all year except for the final rd of the byes

Made 3 trade mistakes that hurt
5 weeks of bad captain gambles in pursuit of miracle points (probably knowing my squad wasnt as strong as the top 10 and chasing points)

View attachment 283693

Trade history below

View attachment 283694

Round 10 Disaster trade week - Must have Been SOBER

View attachment 283695
Awesome year mate and you must drink more prior to trading :)
I like your bold trades - like dropping shaw

Awesome year mate and you must drink more prior to trading :)
I like your bold trades - like dropping shaw

Cheers bud and thx for the advice during the year

I like a pod side and will do the same again in 2017

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Mistakes:
1. Not starting Danger
2. Starting Barlow
3. Starting Westhoff
4. Picking Tmac just to have a player I've never had before, then dumping him on the advice of the Melbourne board.
5. Dumping pendles after hearing he was injured.

Was ranked as low as 70k, then traded my way up to 9k.
Need to watch footy next year and see everything for myself.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Mistakes:
1. Not starting Danger
2. Starting Barlow
3. Starting Westhoff
4. Picking Tmac just to have a player I've never had before, then dumping him on the advice of the Melbourne board.
5. Dumping pendles after hearing he was injured.

Was ranked as low as 70k, then traded my way up to 9k.
Need to watch footy next year and see everything for myself.

I'll never understand people being so disappointed with Pendles at the start of the season.

Sure he was playing injured with his sore ribs but he only scored under 100 once (89 in round 1) while he was injured.

When you start with Pendles you trust Dependlebury until his leg has fallen off and then you trade him out. :D:thumbsu:

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'll never understand people being so disappointed with Pendles at the start of the season.

Sure he was playing injured with his sore ribs but he only scored under 100 once (89 in round 1) while he was injured.

When you start with Pendles you trust Dependlebury until his leg has fallen off and then you trade him out. :D:thumbsu:
True that, but I had trouble following the footy living OS, and was relying on forum opinions for my info. :'(

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
True that, but I had trouble following the footy living OS, and was relying on forum opinions for my info. :'(

Poor bugger!

Getting sucked into all the forum hype about it being the end of Pendlebury while being overseas would have been tough.

I didn't start with Pendles but was thinking at the time if I had him there would be no way I would be getting rid of him.

Why you say?

Because I started with Sam Gray and Barlow!!!! :drunk::thumbsu::'(:'(:'(:'(:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Further thoughts

Blicavs my season dud.
I love Blitz but i should've known his scoring would suffer with the arrival of the great one.
Started rd1 like a boss though and i thought i was the man....was a gradual decline until i pulled the pin.

The fact i stayed off Fyfe the last 2 years and had Danger , went Fyfe this year instead of Paddy and the rest is history.

Probably jettisoned Wines when i shouldn't have as well , upped his PPG by at least 5 after i did.
M Crouch another , went through the roof after i axed him.

NEVER AGAINS - Houli , Langdon , Suckling , B Smith , BK

Further thoughts

Blicavs my season dud.
I love Blitz but i should've known his scoring would suffer with the arrival of the great one.
Started rd1 like a boss though and i thought i was the man....was a gradual decline until i pulled the pin.

The fact i stayed off Fyfe the last 2 years and had Danger , went Fyfe this year instead of Paddy and the rest is history.

Probably jettisoned Wines when i shouldn't have as well , upped his PPG by at least 5 after i did.
M Crouch another , went through the roof after i axed him.

NEVER AGAINS - Houli , Langdon , Suckling , B Smith , BK

Further further thoughts.

Steven May can lick my gooch , started season with STEF r1 and Blitz r2
That was Gawnstein before like rd7

Empress

Rookie
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thought I'd finally register to post. This is my 2nd year playing. Definitely improved this time; actually made it to the finals and won 1 round.

The season started rough with silly injuries but it got better midway through. My overall ranking graph tells the story.
Screenshot_20160929-050539.png

R1 team was:

DEF: Shaw, Laird, Seedsman, Weitering, Dea, Tippa, (Adams, Brown)

MID: Fyfe, Ablett, Danger, Rockliff, Pendles, Libba, Mills, Gresham, (Dunkley, Menadue, Davis)

RUC: Stef, Goldy, (Goetz)

FWD: Barlow, Wingard, Kerridge, Wells, Hall, McGovern, (McCarthy, Papley)

R23 Team

DEF: Shaw, Doc, Simpson, Boyd, Laird, Enright, (Collins, Austin)

MID: Danger, Rockliff, Parker, Ward, Pendles, Sloane, Neale, Libba, (Mathieson, Trengove, Phillips)

RUC: Gawn, Goldstein, (Goetz)

FWD: Merrett, Montagna, Dusty, Wells, Hall, Wingard, (Markov, Silvagni)

Bringing in Boyd and Zerrett early were the only 2 trades I'm really proud of. I messed up the timings of most of the others. A lesson learnt for next season. Also bringing in players who would go on to get injured. At least I didn't run out of trades/cash like last year.

Thought I'd finally register to post. This is my 2nd year playing. Definitely improved this time; actually made it to the finals and won 1 round.

The season started rough with silly injuries but it got better midway through. My overall ranking graph tells the story.
View attachment 294139

R1 team was:

MID: Fyfe, Ablett, Danger, Rockliff, Pendles, Libba, Mills, Gresham, (Dunkley, Menadue, Davis)

R23 Team

MID: Danger, Rockliff, Parker, Ward, Pendles, Sloane, Neale, Libba, (Mathieson, Trengove, Phillips)

Bringing in Boyd and Zerrett early were the only 2 trades I'm really proud of. I messed up the timings of most of the others. A lesson learnt for next season. Also bringing in players who would go on to get injured. At least I didn't run out of trades/cash like last year.

Welcome
1st like from Toxic in a SC thread

Frame this post!

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

View attachment 294139

R1 team was:

R23 Team

Ahhh carrying that useless spud Chad all year.
Know dem feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back