Remove this Banner Ad

Fullscreen capture 21082022 95212 PM.bmp.jpg

Final rank - 495
Highest rank - 482
Lowest rank - 6,616

Highest score - 2711 ( rd 16 )
AVG - 2,326

Best trade - Rowell to Dale
Worst trade - NOD to Zorko ( and not Dawson )

Would have their babies - sicily, Cogs, Brodie
Never again - Zorko ( again again again AGAIN....... ), Whitfield

Summary -

My best ever result. Over the moon.
Prev best - 7,654
1st time i've ended a season with every player averaging over 100

Biggest regrets - starting Hall over Dawson, missing out on Himmelgoat and D Cameron

some absolute gifts from the Gods this year - Cripps, Brodie, sicily, Cogs

shoutout to early season MEGA POD Darcy Parish

Rucks a complete shitshow , Gawn, Grundy, Xerri, J Hayes, s hayes, Preuss, Teakle

Last edited:
Final rank - 22k :poo:
Highest rank - 73 (round rank?) 21k normal rank
Lowest rank - 77k

Best trade - Getting in Sinclair (he went on a rampage)
Worst trade - Getting in Titch after trading him out (he looked good in the games before & i got sucked in, thought he'd do what he did in 2021)

Would have their babies - James Sicily
Never again - Titch (unless he changes teams) and ******* Jayden Short in the midfield...

Summary - Really s**t, one good round, i know i'll be back up there in 2023 and with a previous rookie score in 2021 (first year) of 650th.

Onto 2023.

Final rank - 2900
Highest rank - 617
Lowest rank - 9007

Best trade - Rowell > Mills the week he went 214.
Worst trade - Merrett > Walsh R16. Merrett went Judd mode after that and Walsh ended the season with a whimper.

Would have their babies - Dawson/Docherty. Kings :crown:
Never again - Tim English unless he gets FWD status.

Final rank - 5,481
Highest rank - 242 (round 2)
Lowest rank - 20,919 (round 12)

Best trade - Zerrett in for $520k, Coleman in for $263k
Worst trade - Gawn out after round 2, but it did get me Brodie

Would have their babies - Sicily, Sinclair, Heeney, Oliver, NICK DAICOS
Never again - Steele, Whitfield, Dusty, Crisp, Hall

Summary -
Never having Laird hurt, as did missing Himmelberg on the cheap (I got him in late).
Started with a bang with a high ranking, then dropped sharply to over 20k. Steadily climbed after the byes to finish ranked 5,408, my highest rank for the year since round 4.
Started Gawndy, and used 7 trades in the ruck division for the year (though some were rookie trades, like Hayes to Hayes). Would've been better off holding Gawn and only trading Grundy to Witts after the injury. Could have got Brodie some other way!

1661078926479.png

Final Rank: 3,787
Highest Rank: 3,516 (round 22)
Lowest Rank: 30,782 (round 4)

best trade: Laird but had to wait until after his bye - paid $625 but he gave me an average of 134 including a run of 4 captain scores at 146
Worst trade: English

would have their babies: Dawson, Daicos

never again: Whitfield, Ridley, Short, Crisp - * I started all 4 of those kents

Summary: s**t start and struggled to gain traction.
1661081304530.png

I'll do my season review another day (as I'm still too down from missing the finals by such a small margin), but I just wanted to say thank you to WaynesWorld19 for his tireless work in helping to moderate and shape such a great community for SC players

Last edited:
unknown.png

Man I'm stoked with this. My first year of SC.

IMG_2976.JPG

Final rank - 384
Highest - 384
Lowest - 60,567 (Round 1)

Highest score 2,625 (Round 16) but most satisfying was 2,115 in the R12 bye round (337 overall).

Best trade(s) - bringing in Laird, Doc & Himmelberg in one go (R14). Special mention to Darcy Cameron (R9).
Worst trades - Tom Green (R4), Zerrett to Mills (R23).

Biggest regret - trading out Nick Daicos instead of Jack Crisp in R14.

Never again - Tom Green, Whitfield, Ridley, Preuss, Crisp, any rookie named Clark or Clarke.

My best ever season overall which I expect will never be repeated. Pleasing to come back from a poor start and reaped the rewards from trading through the byes (up from 10k @ R11 to around 2k after R14).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Final rank - 7,051 (7th straight year in top 10k, so I guess I will take that)

Highest rank - 4,210 (rd-2)
Lowest rank - 21,118 (rd-11)

Best trade - Probably Zerrett at $521k (averaged 124, although cost me most Prelim finals in the penultimate week)

Worst trade - Nick Daicos to whoever just before he went on his run of tons. I know I wasn't alone in trading him out at his bye.
- If I can add a trade that wasn't a part of the 35. Those of us that had Darcy up until rd-1, the decision to who to turn him into ended up being huge I think. Those who went Witts got a real leg up and it wouldn't surprise me if a good proportion of those who ended up Top 1,000 started Witts. I went Marshall instead, only to trade him to Gawn, then to Jackson, then back to Marshall (or Gawn). That's a lot of trades saved if we'd just gone Witts in the 1st place.

Would have their babies - Brodie & Cogs in the usual $hitshow that is the FWD line every season.

Never again: I say the same bloke every year because when he's in my team, he averages 80 at best. And when he's not, he averages 110... Isaac fn Peeney.

Summary: Steadily improved from the byes onwards, but wasn't aggressive enough to begin with. I know even Numero Uno raymagoo thought that Jake Bowey was his worst trade of the season, but I wonder that as long as you got out quick, that was exactly the cash-making trade that needed to be made at the time. Ditto on H.Himmelberg & D.Cameron.

Final rank: 33,609

Highest rank: 29,188 (Round 20)
Lowest rank: 68,425 (Round 2)

First proper year of doing SC. Never got a good run at it unfortunately. Copped a lot of injuries and spent a lot of trades.

Best trade: Bringing in Short for Lloyd on the eve of Round 1. Proved to be a brilliant move when he was in his defensive role mainly. Not so much when he moved into the mids.

Worst trade: bringing in Parish and the week I did, he gets a corky and I had to waste another trade.

Would have their babies: just to be a bit different, Dave Swallow proved to be a very solid POD pick for me when I brought him in at R11. Scored consistent 90s and had some monster scores towards the back end of the season. Will consider him as a mid priced starting pick for next year if he keeps his midfield role. Along with Seb Ross, only had a couple of bad scores since I brought him in.

Never again: Jarrod Berry, Butters, Macrae, Crisp, Short.

Berry was inconsistent as a mid price starter, Butters scoring grinds to a halt when he gets bumped and gets spooked, Crisp’s and Short’s role has changed and Macrae has lost his scoring power.

Although Butters back end of the season will properly give me false hope and pick him again.

Summary: Never made any significant progression, but it was first year blues I think. However I have learnt a lot of tips and tricks to help me along the way for next year. I’m thinking of going full mid price madness to start for the last two-three spots for each line. Have as many points as possible the beginning of the season and have the cash gen on the bench. Plus I have to pick the big players from the start like your Clarry’s etc.

B74263D5-7D80-4AC1-85EB-F800B44FAB99.jpeg

Final rank - 4792
Highest rank - 4738
Lowest rank - 30,066

Highest score - 2544 ( rd 23 )
AVG - 2,287

Best trade - Rachelle to Laird in round 10
Worst trade - Rowell to Green instead of Parish

Would have their babies - Laird, , Cogs, Brodie, Sicily, Touk Touk
Never again - Crisp, English

Summary -

Won my main cash league and managed my trades well to be able to do Jezza to Blicavs in the GF to secure the win.

Biggest regrets - starting Rowell, keeping Crisp all year and not getting Dawson. Trading Daicos early

some absolute gifts from the Gods this year - Brodie, sicily, Cogs, Laird having low ownership

shoutout to late season POD Wines. Also super sexy Lairdbot for somehow only being in 21% of teams

Final Rank - 562
Highest - 337 (R13)
Lowest - 10,487 (R3)
Best Round - R13 22nd overall.
Highest score - 2614 (R7)

Best year by a mile for me. Previous best was last year around 3500ish.

Picked a pretty good team from the start and was KotD with bugger all injuries all year. Not gonna lie. Think I only had Gawn get a serious injury. Pendlebury, Cripps and J.Cameron miss 1 week. Traded Whitfield and Pruess before they missed weeks. Didn't own Hewett all year and only got English and Stewart late in the year.

The good: Started Witts, Sicily, Cripps, Cogs and Brodie. Started pretty much all the better rookies. Traded in Sinclair, Docherty, Parker, Bont, Pruess (R3 cash grab) and of course Himmelberg.

The Bad : Started Whitfield (never again). Traded in Pendlebury, made worse by my other choice was Dawson before he went on a huge run. Didn't get Laird quick enough and didnt get Dawson at all. Traded in Jezza thinking he'd go huge with a easy run home, didn't really happen.

Best trade - SDK>Himmelberg for 350k. Scored 187 that week aswell.

Worst trade - Trading in Pendlebury over Dawson.

Learnt a lot again this year. Probably wasted to many trades on swapping rookies around trying to make cash. Was a bit annoying seeing rookies I started like Soligo, Ward and Stephens get a good run later in the year after I traded them out!

Final rank - 387
Highest rank - 387
Lowest rank - 31,014 (r1)

Highest score - 2649 ( rd 16 )
AVG - 2,328

Best trade - Grundy to Laird r6. The week before Grundy got injured.
Worst trade - Steele to Zorko r10

Would have their babies - Laird, , Cogs, Brodie, Sicily, Touk, Clarry, Bont
Never again - Short, Hall, Zorko

I had a good year. I've already got grand plans for next year LOL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1661129706497.png

What a year of what could have been.
I've started with a half decent team and progressively made it worst by my trades - evidenced with RD23 being my lowest rank :mad:

Final rank - 5,082
Highest rank - 120
Lowest rank - 5,082

Highest score - 2,491 ( rd 22)
AVG - 2,286

Best trade - SDK to Sinclair
Worst trade - So many, but three stands out as season destroyers:
  • RD03 - Gawn to Jackson (was a coin toss with Witts)
  • RD07 - McCartin to Witherden (was considering Dawson, but his bye put me off - what a disaster!)
  • RD15 - Preuss to Jezza (instead of the Bont, just to save some $$$ for the last three trades)

Would have their babies - Sicily, Hewett
Never again - half my list

Summary:
I've started with a half decent team and progressively made it worst
I've gone against my original plan of trading in the best players I could have afforded and went for too many iffy players

Biggest regrets - Starting with set and forget rucks (Gawndy) and then wasting so many trades on rucks. Also, not trading in Dawson and D Cameron

Detailed Trades:

I just want to go through my trades as a learning process before I forget.

• RD03 - Gawn to Jackson - that was a serious mistake. I was considering Witts, but thought the Dees had better mids than GCS and that Witts may not stand up for the whole year! What a stupid mistake! This alone killed my season!
  • RD07 - McCartin to Witherden - I've caught the Witherden trap and was not strong enough to get rid of him right away for either Dawson or Stewart. Witherden looked so good and scored so easily. Also I was putting too much thoughts on byes - next year, * the byes!
  • RD09 - Cogs to Darcy. Damn should have given him one more week with the new coach and new role. Be more patient!
  • RD15 - Trading in Greene and Jezza. I wanted to leave some $$$ for my last three trades. But, should have gone one safe and one wild card. I was considering the Bont and Stringer/ Wright - but, I was swayed by the Cats easy run home and the Bont potential injury. Oh the irony, the Bont played every game and Jezza didn't! Greene was a waste of space
  • Jackson to Hickey - should have paid up for Gawn! So many times, through the year I could have traded Jackson back to Gawn, but I wanted to give Jackson chances. LOL - he did well in the last round! But, Hickey was a real killer - so many spuddy game

That's enough as it is getting me depressed.
There's always next year - I can come back and make other mistakes :straining:

Apart from my trading - it has been a great year. So thank you everyone for your help and banter. Bring on 2023!

1661130543646.png

1661130514576.png

For completeness, here is my motley crew :eek: :

1661145956073.png

Last edited:
1661134686068.png
Big year for my second season doing this. 148 overall, 1 in the ACT, Big Footy Div 9 and Private Eyez winner. I'm all revved up to disappoint next season.

Final Rank:148
Highest Rank: 148
Lowest Rank: 9057 (Not counting the first three weeks)

Highest score - 2623 (Round 7)
AVG - 2339

Best trade - Dawson in for Ward and Hinge, or Witts, Heeney and GClark for Pruess Nic Martin and SDK
Worst trade - McCartin, McComb, MacDonald and Carroll for Parish Owens Clark and Boyd

Would have their babies - Sicily, Laird, Paaaaaaarker.gif, Dawson
Never again - GWS Players, Essendon players, Ruck rookies

Biggest regrets - Pulling out of Crisp>Blicavs last second because of Ceglar. Went to Dale instead, which cost me 50 points.

I got really lucky going early on Parker, Dawson and to a lesser extent Witts. Starting Sicily, Brodie and Hewett was the best thing I've ever done.

Up the socks!

Final rank: 764
Highest rank: 764 (R23)
Lowest rank: 49,464 (R1)
Highest score: 2,680 (R16)
Average: 2,320

Best Trades:
Xerri to Parker in round 7
Steele to Laird in round 10

Worst Trades:
Coniglio to Petracca in round 10
De Koning to English in round 12

Would have their babies: Laird, Sicily
Never again: Short, Hall

Summary:
Started off slow but improved progressively throughout the season and gained ranks in every round except 3, 6, 9, 19 and 22. Only had seven players from my starting team in the end: Sicily, Crisp, Miller, Neale, Macrae, Dunkley and Brodie, but nailed all my upgrades with the exception of English, and managed to jump on a view handy PODs at the time in Laird and Libba. Probably could have finished a little higher as a I preserved trades at the end to help in finals but ended up wasting them on bringing Stewart in in round 20, Blicavs to Gawn and Short to Hall both cost me points in R22, and I didn't make the grand final but had to trade Hall in round 23 anyway. A good season in the end and I'm very happy with it for my second year of SC, goal is to crack the top 500 next year.

Proper review.

1661136039675.png

Final rank - 513
Highest rank - 300
Lowest rank - 12,801

Highest score - 2,552
AVG - 2,325

Best trade - JHF to Darcy Cameron, Whitfield to Docherty
Worst trade - bringing in Stewart immediately pre-suspension

Would have their babies - Brodie, Laird, Miller
Never again - Crisp

Summary - my debut year went SO much better than I could have expected. Had heaps of fun this year learning new things and realising that my being analytical and numbers-focused could really benefit me in a competition like this. Interestingly I never had a huge score, never broke 2600 and barely broke 2550, but I was consistently very good if never elite.

Overall a very disappointing season for me. It was a strange year, definitely out of the ordinary. GnR starting side and then holding onto spuds for too long hurt me. I then got really impatient, started trading like mad, and traded rookies out way too early, hurting my cash gen. Being overseas for 2/5 of the season didn't help, but it's no excuse, I made most of my season defining decisions when I was home and watching a heap of footy. Finishing 6k after being 23k in rd9 is OK though.

Final rank: 6185
Highest rank: 2528 (rd2)
Lowest rank: 23069 (rd9)

Highest score: 2520 (rd16)
Lowest score (non bye): 2079 (rd6)
Average score: 2281

Final side:
1661137366642.png

Trade history: (very painful to read, some absolute shockers, like all-time worst ever)
1661137938836.png

Congrats to everybody that did well in 2022 (especially raymagoo on the win). Enjoy the finals series, the off-season, and then I'll see all you legends for season 2023. :heart:

Overall ranking - 4434

My plan at the start of the year was to conserve trades and come home like a train at the end of the season.

In past years I have always ran out of trades after rounds 18-19 and paid the price. So I was determined not to fall into that trap again.

Well that plan went all pear shaped in round 4 when I had Cripps capt when he did his hammy and I scored something like 1950 for the round. As a result I plummeted all the way down to 37k overall after round 4.

1661141790427.png

So after that :poo: show in round 4 I decided to trade, trade and then trade some more. Used up all of my boosts by round 11 trying to make up for lost ground.

Looking back now, I made some stupid decisions. I traded in Titch against my better judgement. I really should have stopped playing SC for this season then and there. What a fricking disaster.

Traded Cripps in round 3 and then traded him out after round 4 when he did his hammy and then traded him straight back in round 6.

Brought in Rozee after round 6 and held him all the way to about round 15 and then traded him out. Great timing as after that, he killed it for the rest of the season.

Ran out of trades after round 18. Last trade in was Atkins as I needed a DEF/MID up to the value of $500k to cover for Hewett was out. That worked out reasonably well until those kents at Geelong decided to rest him in the last minor round game! He did come on as a sub but it was too late and ended up costing me 2 grand finals.

So here is the trainwreck of a team that I ended up with. I had high hopes at the start of the season to have decent coverage on all lines for the bench but as you can see that did not go according to plan.

1661142339170.png

Thanks to everyone who provided advice during the season and the banter.

You kents better look out next year as I will be devoting all my energy to SC now that I don't have to worry about going to watch Port games live anymore.

Come On GIF by WWE

Final rank - 483
Highest rank - 483 (round 23)
Lowest rank - 8,373 (round 2)

Best trade - Grundy to Rozee (398k) at round 7
Worst trade - Ridley for Hall at Round 16 - Hall did a hammy 5 mins in that week, held for a week, then had to trade out.

Would have their babies - Rozee, Witts, Clarry, Sinclair
Never again - Crisp, Preuss, Whitfield, Grundy

Screenshot_20220822-170207.png

Final ranking: 138
Highest ranking: 42 (Round 13)
Lowest ranking: 5,263 (Round 1)

Best trade: Either Martin to Darcy Cameron or Xerri to Rozee

Worst Trade: Trading Curnow to Skinner after Round 1. Paying 620k for Josh Kelly the week I could have got Zerrett for 520k.

Would have their babies: Nick Daicos

Never again: Jelly

I have had a great year, but was a bit gutted to end in mediocre fashion and be tymbled out of prelims and a granny the last two weeks. Fell from 80th to 138th in the last two rounds. Top 100 would have been amazing, ah well.

I want to thank everybody for the sh1ts and giggs, memes and banter, and also thank the mods for their work keeping the board going.

Have a good off-season, I'm already addicted to FPL so I'll still be sweating over small numbers that don't really matter 🤣

Final rank: 143
Highest rank: 143 (R23)
Lowest rank: 15,707 (R3)
Highest score: 2,649 (R21)
Average: 2,339

Best Trades:
Gawn > Witts in round 2
Greene > Laird in round 10

Worst Trades:
Zerrett > Dawson in round 23

Would have their babies: Laird, Sicily, Nick Daicos
Never again: Hall, Whitfield and Rowell

Summary:
Started the season ok but it soon turned to :poo:in Round 3 with a poor score so it was time to trade my way out of trouble and it worked well.
Never really looked back but I did use 33 trades in the First 15 rounds, I was lucky again this year and avoided most of the carnage and didn't have to trade because of injuries. My last trade I did something that I don't normally do and that was trading because of league matchups. Stupidly I was behind in several Grand Final matches and in most Dawson was a unique for my opponents and Zerrett was mine. I should have backed him in against the Tigers who don't tag that decision cost me 75 points and a couple of Grand finals:moustache: but in the end I won all the matches that mattered thanks to some SBS to my opponents on Sunday.

ra.JPG
ra1.JPG

Thank You:
I found this Supercoach page here halfway through the 2020 season when I was ranked 48,000 and was always just an ordinary player. My best ever overall was about 6700 but mostly around the 20k mark. Since that moment Round 9 2020 I haven't looked back I ended up finishing up 18,584 that year and the last 2 years have finished 338 & 143 overall. It is all because of the help and encouragement that this page gives to anyone else who has the passion for this great game. Thank you to everyone on this page you are ALL Legends:hearteyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back