Your second favourite grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

Some fat white trash woman laughed at us while we collected our chairs at the ticket venue after we lost the prelim.
Thought of her a week later.

Last edited:

1990 VFA granny is my 2nd favourite one. Billy Swan kicks it from outside fifty to leave Phil Maylin & his Springvale team gutted.

1989, followed by 2009 - hate Geelong and St Kilda but love watching St Kilda lose... 2010 was also a highlight watching them lose again after the draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If people don't mind having a go at this intended quiz when they have 3 or 4 spare minutes I would appreciate it. It is a quiz I am intending to put on Sporcle and all it requires is for you to type in a year based on the image you see. I would like specifically to know whether anyone thinks the quiz seems too difficult, but hopefully it isn't because I am using well-known images from grand finals. I was considering putting brief captions underneath each image, which I can do at a later time, but for now I would like to test the quiz without the captions, so it would be interesting to see whether people think captions are necessary. For example, underneath a certain image I was thinking of simply writing "Leo Barry, you star!" So the captions are meant to be simple and light-hearted if I use them. The grand final images go back as far as 1967 but not every grand final since then is included. The images are random and not in any chronological order. There are 23 images all together and as Bulldogs fans you can all be assured you will get at least one image correct.

If people don't mind having a go at this intended quiz when they have 3 or 4 spare minutes I would appreciate it. It is a quiz I am intending to put on Sporcle and all it requires is for you to type in a year based on the image you see. I would like specifically to know whether anyone thinks the quiz seems too difficult, but hopefully it isn't because I am using well-known images from grand finals. I was considering putting brief captions underneath each image, which I can do at a later time, but for now I would like to test the quiz without the captions, so it would be interesting to see whether people think captions are necessary. For example, underneath a certain image I was thinking of simply writing "Leo Barry, you star!" So the captions are meant to be simple and light-hearted if I use them. The grand final images go back as far as 1967 but not every grand final since then is included. The images are random and not in any chronological order. There are 23 images all together and as Bulldogs fans you can all be assured you will get at least one image correct.

Cant find it

The quiz is now online but for some reason I am not able to paste the link in here without a message coming up stating that the quiz can only be played on Sporcle. If you copy and paste the link below into your search-bar it should take you to the quiz. Note that I have put spaces in between the forward-slashes so that the link doesn't turn into a nasty-pasty message when I click on "Post reply". Obviously you should not have spaces in the link before you hit ENTER once the link is in your search-bar.

https:// www.sporcle.com/ games/ worbod/ grand-final-images

1989. I was fascinated by Geelong and the brand they played. They steamrolled teams by 10 goals most weeks.

But then in the GF they tried to beat the champs up instead of just trying to beat them, and it was a terrible move.

Ablett with 9 goals still not enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back