Opinion Your St.Kilda Team of the Decade?

Remove this Banner Ad

An argument starter, a Saints Team of the Decade.

Thought this deserved it's own thread so I moved your post here.

Milne, Riewoldt, Hayes, Dal Santo, Steven, Montagna, Gresham, Billings would be in there somewhere.

Geary - Dawson - Dempster
Roberton - Fisher - Goddard
Joey - Seb - Clint Jones
McEvoy - Lenny - Armo
Steven - Roo - Dal Santo
Milne - Bruce - Shnider

Gilbert - Membrey - Ray - Blake

unlucky : Billings , Gresh and Kosi

Geary Fisher Roberton
Dempster Gilbert Montagna

McEvoy Ross Steven
Billings Lenny Armitage

Milne Roo Schneider
Membrey Bruce Gresham

Dal Santo Goddard Savage Jones

Shenton Delaney Simpkin
Wright Murdoch McKenzie
Curren Saunders Templeton
Milera Siposs Young
Dunell Lee Saad
Pierce Weller Ledger

Crocker Staley Payne Dennis-Lane

Am I doing it right?
No room for Beau Wilkes or Spencer White? Interesting most of those are the legacy of the genius of the Trout and Pelican.

An argument starter, a Saints Team of the Decade.

Now thats an under statement , looking at a lot of the teams people have posted shows why we haven't been able to get that second flag , if you compared our best team in the last 10 years to say Hawthorn in the same period its chalk and cheese, blokes like Seb, Clint Jones even Armo wouldn't even be mentioned .
Lets hope the next 10 years is better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now thats an under statement , looking at a lot of the teams people have posted shows why we haven't been able to get that second flag , if you compared our best team in the last 10 years to say Hawthorn in the same period its chalk and cheese, blokes like Seb, Clint Jones even Armo wouldn't even be mentioned .
yes but if you did the Hawks previous decade (2000 - 2010) best 22 vs the saints 22 (2000 - 2010) the saints have them covered easily ... we had a decade of finals that didnt land us a flag the following decade was a fall and rebuild followed by a reset rebuild and a refocused reset rebuild ..

Yep shows where that decade went. Most of the good ones were leftovers from our 2009 2010 super team. Stuv the only super star player that wasn't part of them.

Yep shows where that decade went. Most of the good ones were leftovers from our 2009 2010 super team. Stuv the only super star player that wasn't part of them.
i would say it was pretty much two decades of exceptional players 90-00 then 00-10 produced some exceptional players in our history as aclub ... this last decade Really didnt produce anyone that you would have in consideration as a greatest team in our history

Shenton Delaney Simpkin
Wright Murdoch McKenzie
Curren Saunders Templeton
Milera Siposs Young
Dunell Lee Saad
Pierce Weller Ledger

Crocker Staley Payne Dennis-Lane

Am I doing it right?

No room for Spencer White ? That’s a bit harsh lol.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

B: Dempster, Carlisle, Geary
HB: Roberton, Fisher, Goddard
C: Montagna, Dal Santo, Ross
HF: Schneider, Riewoldt, Billings
F: Milne, Bruce, Membrey
R: McEvoy, Hayes, Steven
Int: Gilbert, Armitage, Gresham, Newnes

“He was the next Buddy I tell ya!”
Well you know what comes next then

B Geary Dawson Dempster
HB Gram Carlisle Fisher