State Your state's team post restart

Remove this Banner Ad

no short for WA against a full strength NSW l’d assume. Gonna be an absolute carnage. Will be good for the development Green and for the likes of Inglis and Whiteman pressing their case.

no short for WA against a full strength NSW l’d assume. Gonna be an absolute carnage. Will be good for the development Green and for the likes of Inglis and Whiteman pressing their case.
Who would you play instead?

we
Who would you play instead?

first shield game on the 16th. Short will be in NZ
I'd assume WA would look like this for the first game at the scg

Whiteman
Bancroft
S.Marsh (C)
Green
Cartwright
Inglis (WK)
Hardie/Carder
Kelly
Gannon
Paris
Rocchiccioli/O'conner

we

first shield game on the 16th. Short will be in NZ
I'd assume WA would look like this for the first game at the scg

Whiteman
Bancroft
S.Marsh (C)
Green
Cartwright
Inglis (WK)
Hardie/Carder
Kelly
Gannon
Paris
Rocchiccioli/O'conner
I was changing the NZ squad without him

isn't the squad staying the same?
At the time there was no confirmation on whether or not that would happen, I was assuming that half a dozen test players would come in

More importantly a full strength Marsh Cup :hearts:
Dear God. Will NSW play 2 spinners, you reckon? Rotate Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood with Abbott batting 7?

Dear God. Will NSW play 2 spinners, you reckon? Rotate Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood with Abbott batting 7?
I assumed this board would be calling for the NSW-based international players to be banned from playing so it won't matter ;).

In seriousness, I think they'd like to get Sams in the team too as the 5th bowler so maybe they'd leave out Lyon (when Zampa is back and they're resting a quick). 2 spinners a real possibility though.

I hope guys like Conway, Hatcher, Edwards, Tremain, Dwarshuis weren't hoping to play state cricket this year haha.

Philippe isn't good enough yet and Turner and Short are fringe with the red ball.
Didn't realise Turned just turned 28. 7 years since he first get a run in shield cricket. I always thought pretty highly of him, but that seems like a career that has just whizzed by and I think it's fair to say - at least in long form cricket - it just isn't going to happen for him.

I assumed this board would be calling for the NSW-based international players to be banned from playing so it won't matter ;).

In seriousness, I think they'd like to get Sams in the team too as the 5th bowler so maybe they'd leave out Lyon (when Zampa is back and they're resting a quick). 2 spinners a real possibility though.

I hope guys like Conway, Hatcher, Edwards, Tremain, Dwarshuis weren't hoping to play state cricket this year haha.
Conway will probably get games.

Conway will probably get games.
Chris Tremain could probably ask why he hasn't got more selection love over the years. To my knowledge never played any Australia A games (was in a test squad once) and been cold shouldered since coming back to NSW.

Chris Tremain could probably ask why he hasn't got more selection love over the years. To my knowledge never played any Australia A games (was in a test squad once) and been cold shouldered since coming back to NSW.
Well he had a pretty bad season last year tbf and was probably hoping that Copeland would retire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few journalists reporting that the T20 squad will remain as is, none that I would absolutely believe just yet mind you.

Well he had a pretty bad season last year tbf and was probably hoping that Copeland would retire.
19 @ 34 isn't great, but it's not horrendous. He's a bloody good bowler and has been for 10 years now.

Regardless, Tremain's career follows a pretty similar pattern of other cricketers who didn't play under 19's and all that jazz. To get the shot at the next level, to keep their contract etc they gotta perform so much better than those who did get selected in under age teams, even many years later when u/19's should be long forgotten.

19 @ 34 isn't great, but it's not horrendous. He's a bloody good bowler and has been for 10 years now.

Regardless, Tremain's career follows a pretty similar pattern of other cricketers who didn't play under 19's and all that jazz. To get the shot at the next level, to keep their contract etc they gotta perform so much better than those who did get selected in under age teams, even many years later when u/19's should be long forgotten.

Tremain is an honest shield trundler. The sort of guy who you want in the shield system to ensure there is a decent enough quality in the comp so that batsman are at least tested. He's a mile away from higher honours.

Tremain is an honest shield trundler. The sort of guy who you want in the shield system to ensure there is a decent enough quality in the comp so that batsman are at least tested. He's a mile away from higher honours.
With the guys that have been in front of him, yeah he was always going to struggle to break through. But there have been plenty of guys who have been given more opportunity to tour, more opportunities in NSW earlier in his career etc, that I would back him against. Maybe selectors are off put by his ungainly action, but I think it's mostly to do with the fact he was just a country lad who came to Sydney as an unknown, which puts him a few pegs back in the pecking order.

Whiteman
Bancroft
S.Marsh
Green
Inglis
Carder/Cartwright
Hardie
Paris
Kelly
O'Connor/Rocochiolli
Gannon

Lot of potential movement. With Green back bowling full time they may drop one of Paris or Kelly and slot Hardie in at 8 and play Short or Carder at 7.

Surprised at the amount of people slotting Cartwright in - they've seemingly gone right off him as a first class option. Carder is in better form at grade level.

Whiteman
Bancroft
S.Marsh
Green
Inglis
Carder/Cartwright
Hardie
Paris
Kelly
O'Connor/Rocochiolli
Gannon

Lot of potential movement. With Green back bowling full time they may drop one of Paris or Kelly and slot Hardie in at 8 and play Short or Carder at 7.

Surprised at the amount of people slotting Cartwright in - they've seemingly gone right off him as a first class option. Carder is in better form at grade level.
Overall I think Cartwright is the one they have to sacrifice to keep Phillippe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back