Your SuperCoach blanket rules

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are two good examples from last year. TMitch, Atley, Rohan and Sutcliffe probably made up the top 6. This year we have a new set headed by Newnes, Van Berlo, Brown, Mayes, Rampe and Clark, with TMitch and Atley back for a return run. All ranging from speculative at best to hopeless at worst. One or two might make it .... most won't.
Really? Thought he'd be a POD, barely seen any hype on him.

Does anyone start with players that they see eventually being bench cover - or doesn't fly in the face of the generally accepted premo/rook strategy?
I hold underperforming premos for that reason, rather upgrade a rookie when they peaked as a priority, haven't had too many SC failures (injuries moreso) but Cotchin and Wingard have found themselves at M9/F7 in my DT the last 2 seasons. Suckling was going to be my D7 in both formats but midfield injuries and a lack of quality defensive rookies in the 2nd half of the year prevented me from making one last defensive premo move.

Was alternating between Higgins (starter) and Breust (early upgrade) :mad: for F7 the 2nd half of last year in SC. Picked Breust instead of Gray after round 5 or 6 IIRC :cry:

Really? Thought he'd be a POD, barely seen any hype on him.

There was early on, alot of people hoping he takes over Malceski's role.

I would say a lot of teams will be running with either Rampe, Rohan or Jones in the hope one of them lands a better SC role.

There was early on, alot of people hoping he takes over Malceski's role.

I would say a lot of teams will be running with either Rampe, Rohan or Jones in the hope one of them lands a better SC role.
Jones is relevant because he is rookie priced, but we don't know how good his job security is.

How does GAJ fit in now. Over 30 and absolutley no pre-season. If it was anyone else he would not be considered at all yet it feels totally wrong to leave him out. This is espeically so as the impact on Rockliff of the new Brisbane recruits is hard to gauge.

Lock him in.

The hardest part of potentially leaving out Ablett is that he scored 161, 184, 160, 145 and 182 for an average of 166.4 last year against his first 5 opponents of this season.

If he really is 100% fully fit, ready to go and you leave him out, and he does what Gary Ablett does... your SC season is basically over.

I've had 200K sitting in the bank so safe to say I've slotted him straight back in following this news.

The hardest part of potentially leaving out Ablett is that he scored 161, 184, 160, 145 and 182 for an average of 166.4 last year against his first 5 opponents of this season.

If he really is 100% fully fit, ready to go and you leave him out, and he does what Gary Ablett does... your SC season is basically over.

I've had 200K sitting in the bank so safe to say I've slotted him straight back in following this news.

And there is lies the conundrum. We know he isnt 100% fit, what we dont know is exactly how fit he actually is. A lock anywhere from 80% but a mere mortal below that, the problem being even at 50% he is good enough to start on the field.

Also I never trade out premium players even if they are having a bad year. Just keep upgrading around them and eventually you can push them to the bench as backup when your team is completed if they are still scoring below par.

Has worked well for me over the years.

I always have exceptions to this rule.

Alan Didak lasted 5 weeks in my team in 2011 and cutting him lose saved me almost 200k and the putrid run of scores he dished out all season afterwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back