Your team going forward - rest of this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

alex_is_on_fire

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors NBA Champions
Ok, now we are out if the finals race, how would you like to see the structure of the team look like?

Mine would be...

B: Brown - Rutten - Otten
HB : Grigg - Hartigan - van Berlo
C: Smith - Crouch - Kerridge
HF: Douglas - Talia - Lynch
F: Wright - Jenkins - Vince
Ruck: Jacobs - Dangerfield - Sloane

Interchange: Laird - Lyons - MacKay - Porplizia (sub)

I would love to see Lewis Johnson get a few game to make a claim to be a key forward next year. No he won't be delisted, much to Vader chagrin.

Sam Shaw to replace Otten and pay as that 3rd tall defender.

Scott Thompson, Jarrod Petrenko, Brent Reilly, Aidan Riley and anyone who need an operation or an opportunity to get their body right fir next year, put out to pasture and to get ready fir next year.

Jaensch, graham, johncock, Callinan and Tambling to be never seen in crows jumper again.

What's yours.

I agree with Thommo to be rested for the remainder of the year or get surgery to fix whatever is clearly making him a shadow of his real self. Not sure what the point in moving Talia forward would be. Mackay needs to have a good five or six weeks of over 25 touches to be considered again, he was horrible before he got dropped. And I seriously don't understand Alex how you can't have Henderson in your team, he was again one of if not our best player last night. Petrenko to have another five or so games to see if he can have any kind of impact next season.

FB: Brown - Rutten - Shaw (if Shaw is fit and has a good game for Bays)
HB: Laird - Talia - Van Berlo
C: Henderson - Crouch - Smith
HF: Douglas - Jenkins - Vince
FF: Wright - Johnston - Lynch
R: Jacobs - Sloane - Dangerfield
B: Grigg - Lyons - Petrenko
S: Porplyzia

Otten kept Darling to 3 disposals.. I know you won't be the only ones saying to drop Otten but boy, he sure takes a good whipping that boy.. The stats back up what my eyes saw, he also had 18 himself at 94% efficiency, 6 marks..

Sure he was good last night but his good games for mine aren't as often as I would like. His lack of pace over the entire season has been a liability.

Sure he was good last night but his good games for mine aren't as often as I would like. His lack of pace over the entire season has been a liability.

This has become popular nonsense.. He has had a couple of down games but generally been good.. A few bad games a few weeks ago have made the opinion swing to that he has generally been poor.. He is getting jobs on decent size forwards and doing it well while getting the ball himself.. His speed is decent enough without it being great, but Sam Shaw will save us.. Until he wears off on people..

And the biggest killer is the lack of defensive running and help from our midfield, it's actually disgusting.. Our defence get swamped..

Otten kept Darling to 3 disposals.. I know you won't be the only ones saying to drop Otten but boy, he sure takes a good whipping that boy.. The stats back up what my eyes saw, he also had 18 himself at 94% efficiency, 6 marks..

Very true and possibly way to hard on Otten.

He doesn't deserve to be dropped but would like to see him get some freedom across half back maybe when Shaw is ready to go.

Laird, Lyons, Brown, Grigg, Crouch, Kerridge and Hartigan to play for the remainder of the year regardless of weekly form.
Rutten to FF for the remainder of the year and Hartigan to full back. If you said this to me even 6 months ago I would have said you are crazy. However, we are unlikely to see a premiership before Rutts retires so we need to start getting the other key defensive position settled. Obviously if we are in a premiership window, which we are not, you would be crazy to move Rutten from full back.

Laird, Lyons, Brown, Grigg, Crouch, Kerridge and Hartigan to play for the remainder of the year regardless of weekly form.
Rutten to FF for the remainder of the year and Hartigan to full back. If you said this to me even 6 months ago I would have said you are crazy. However, we are unlikely to see a premiership before Rutts retires so we need to start getting the other key defensive position settled. Obviously if we are in a premiership window, which we are not, you would be crazy to move Rutten from full back.

As long as the AFL don't fine us for not tanking.

Ok, now we are out if the finals race, how would you like to see the structure of the team look like?

Mine would be...

I would love to see Lewis Johnson get a few game to make a claim to be a key forward next year. No he won't be delisted, much to Vader chagrin.

Scott Thompson, Jarrod Petrenko, Brent Reilly, Aidan Riley and anyone who need an operation or an opportunity to get their body right fir next year, put out to pasture and to get ready fir next year.

Jaensch, graham, johncock, Callinan and Tambling to be never seen in crows jumper again.

What's yours.

Something tells me we won't see Johncock in a Crows jumper again..... ;)

Graham has never been seen in one

The others i agree with.

If LJ is over his injury, i wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot at a few games

Grigg and Lyons must come in and they must play the rest of the year out

Porps has been better of late and doesn't deserve the vest

Thommo must have any surgery needed. give him extra recovery time heading into the PS

Then we must develop a fitness plan that is diverse enough it effects all players, but also does enough to get a good fitness base for the group

I think last year made everyone in the coaching department complacent. This must be the wake up call for 2014. If we don't make the changes needed now, we can write off 2014 before pre season even kicks off

it'll be really interesting to see what effect bailey has when he comes back in a couple of weeks....

Selection will be MIGHTY interesting come Thursday. I don't think they can ignore Grigg anymore

FF: Wright - Johnston** - one of Porplyzia or Vince
HF: Douglas* - Jenkins - Lynch
C: Grigg - Dangerfield* - Henderson
HB: Smith - Talia - Laird
FB: Brown - Rutten - Otten
Foll: Jacobs - Crouch - Sloane*
Int: van Berlo* - Lyons - one of Shaw** & Hartigan - Kerridge (sub)

* Rotation policy for remainder of year - only select three or less per game of this group plus Thompson
**Assuming fit and available for selection

FB: Brown - Rutten - Shaw/Otten
HB: Laird - Talia - Vince
C: Henderson - Thompson - Smith
HF: Douglas - Jenkins - Grigg
FF: Wright - Johnston - Lynch
R: Jacobs - Sloane - Dangerfield
B: Van Berlo - Lyons - Crouch
Porplyzia

It's tough because I don't just want to gift players games. but at the same time we need to be getting games into people.

I think it'd be pretty much unanimous to have Lyons, Grigg, Crouch, Kerridge, Laird and Brown in everyones line up. but realistically I cant see us fitting them all in every week. So i'd be inclined to give the current bunch of youngsters a go for a few more weeks, then manage them out.

We just wont leave out Thommo, Danger or Sloane if they are fit IMO, especially for an extended period. They are pro sportsmen and will play if they can.

I want Hartigan in too but not sure where to put him. I'm not against playing Talia forward for a week or two to see what he can do and to allow Hartigan to play. Likewise Otten also showed a bit up forward against the Blues after Tex's injury and could play there to allow Shaw to come in.

There's plenty of options, i'd be disappointed if we don't do something inventive to allow some other players some game time.

I just hope we don't use the sub for any young guys trying to find there feet at the top level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB Brown Rutten Hartigan
HB Vince Talia Smith
C Sloane Lyons Grigg
HF Lynch Shaw Douglas
FF Wright Jenkins Porps
1R Jacobs Danger VB
Int. Hendo Crouch Laird Petrenko.

Hartigan and Shaw can swap if required. I wouldn't mind seeing Shaw as a mobile CHF and of course Lynch a bit further up the ground helping him out.

Hendo to continue his role as swingman man (loose man in defense/wing/forward).

Vince to play Reilly's role but at times Hendo will.

Would keep Smith on hbf because defense would be too slow, so Grigg moves to wing (taking Vince's spot).

Kerridge, Mackay, Petrenko need to find form in sanfl. Otten probably unlucky given his last 2 weeks have been an improvement, but I want Shaw & Hartigan in.

Because we don't have any natural small forwards and Riley is now out, I'll bring back Petrenko once he is ready and use Wright & Petrenko to at least apply manic pressure in our forward line.

Can someone please explain the obsession behind moving Talia to CHF? It makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

Mind you.. it's still better than moving Rutten to FF. :rolleyes:

Because every week Jenkins and smack do * all as key forwards and we only kick 9 goals - a little bit of my football enjoyment dies.

This season is gone and it won't matter if we finish 18th or 10th - finals are gone and we need to experiment with players she CHB is one if the easiest positions on the ground to play. cHF is one of the hardest and we need to find some alternative players with skills and Tala has those skills.

Can someone please explain the obsession behind moving Talia to CHF? It makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

Mind you.. it's still better than moving Rutten to FF. :rolleyes:

desperate times and all that..............

Because every week Jenkins and smack do **** all as key forwards and we only kick 9 goals - a little bit of my football enjoyment dies.

This season is gone and it won't matter if we finish 18th or 10th - finals are gone and we need to experiment with players she CHB is one if the easiest positions on the ground to play. cHF is one of the hardest and we need to find some alternative players with skills and Tala has those skills.
And you expect that to improve by moving our star CHB to CHF? Why?

Also, you do realise that robbing Peter to pay Paul almost always comes with a price? Talia's replacement at CHB will probably concede 2-3 goals per game more than Talia, probably more than balancing anything Talia may create at the opposite end.

And you expect that to improve by moving our star CHB to CHF? Why?

Also, you do realise that robbing Peter to pay Paul almost always comes with a price? Talia's replacement at CHB will probably concede 2-3 goals per game more than Talia, probably more than balancing anything Talia may create at the opposite end.

We're losing anyway, so who cares.

What If we find a quality CHB in Hartigan - it's a win. If Talia shows he's a gun CHF that becomes a massive win.

If they don't show anything, we move him back and stamp it, experiment failed. However, if you don't try, you won't know.

HB : Henderson - Talia - Smith
C: Crouch - van Berlo - Douglas
HF: Porps - Jenkins - Kerridge
F: Wright - Johnston- Lynch

Interchange: Laird - Lyons - Petrenko - Shaw (sub)

Otten is next in line when Rutten retires to get constantly criticised for being too slow every year. He has played well this year and will be in the mix for our B&F, an important piece of this club going forward.

Smack needs to play when he comes back. We need to pump up his trade value if that's possible.

Grigg, CEY, Atkins, Dowdell and Hartigan to get 1-2 games each.

Anyone that needs surgery needs to get it done ASAP. We need everyone at 100% for the start of the preseason if that's possible.

I have no qualms with trying Hartigan to see what he's capable of. Rutten probably only has 1-2 years left in him and we need to find another decent KPP defender by the time he goes. We have Talia, we need one more.

I just don't see any reason to think that moving Talia forward would improve our team in any way at all.

I guess there's the "if you don't try then you'll never know" philosophy.

Mine would be...

What's yours.

Mine would be...

What's yours.
ASo you've basically consigned McKernan to "the never to be seen in a crows jumper again" list too???

I have no qualms with trying Hartigan to see what he's capable of. Rutten probably only has 1-2 years left in him and we need to find another decent KPP defender by the time he goes. We have Talia, we need one more.

I just don't see any reason to think that moving Talia forward would improve our team in any way at all.

I guess there's the "if you don't try then you'll never know" philosophy.

As opposed to the, lets try this for the 1000th time and fail time after time approach that the crows seems to love.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back