Your team's 3 most naturally talented players

Remove this Banner Ad

List 3 of your team's most naturally talented players - not necessarily your team's best players.

For the Eagles it would probably be in no particular order

Judd - gifted over 6 feet of pure athletic ability

Wirrapunda - ever seen this guy play in the wet! Silky smooth skills - just does some things on the field that you can only shake your head over

Sampi - (see Wirra) - but unfortunately for West Coast only in glimpses:thumbsdown:

Sampi is a hack.

Does anyone want him at there club. He is going cheap!

The two Abletts and stevie j without a doubt. Imagine if Nathan tried to put in some extra effort? He had to be convinced to come to Geelong yet he still is in our best team without doin much. Anyone see his sommersault against eagles? Only an Ablett could do that.

To the guy who said u cant argue with G Ablett bartel and chappy what are u on about?

Mitchell always had the natural talent of finding the footy. The rest came through hard work.

1. Franklin - duh

2. Crawford - champion

3. Hodge - natural footballer

Buckley
Didak
Pendlebury

Didak easily the most talented player on our list
Pendles next in line

I wouldn't consider Buckley, as he simply works harder than anybody else to improve all aspects of his game, blokes like Didak and Pendles just have that magic

I reckon J.Fraser would be our next most naturally talented player, the bloke plays like a rover half the time and is 200cm +

travis johnstone is just about the most 'naturally' talented player in the league.

he is not fast, fit or smart. but has amazing skills and gets the ball. he is not good because of athletic ability (davey, judd), hard work(cousins, mitchell), body type that suits AFL or any logical reason.

he is good because for some reason it comes easily. that to me is natural talent.

naturally talented footballers are down hill skiers. and trapper is number 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell
Hodge
Lewis

All natural footballers that just have a knack of finding it. You could say Franklin but I think sometimes he looks a little unsure of were to go but his other abilities (height, agility, speed) make him dangerous.

I agree with the others who say sam mitchell is a hard worker, rather than a natural footballer. Natural players can still have an impact on a off day, and they usually look lazy on the field (buddy/willo)

FWIW mine are

Buddy
Hodgey
Willo

maybe Birchall is up there too

start a thread on bloody hard working good footballers and sam will be on the top :)

1. Judd
2. Wirrpanda
3. Cox
Cox definetely isn't one of our most naturally talented.

He was so skinny and not a very good prospect as a footballer/athelete, none of the other clubs wanted him. He's just worked hard to get where he is.

Buckley
Didak
Pendlebury

Agreed . some people seem to think bucks has hung the boots up already. There is no doubt he is one of our 3 most talented.

Some would laugh but I would have egan just about next. He may never make it but in terms of natural talent he has bucket loads. Its just whats between the ears that concerns me.

I agree Tiger :
  • Krakouer
  • Nathan Browndog
  • Shane Edwards (yes, I know he's only played 1 game!)

Actually mate, he has played 2 . Viewing his 2 games I would have him there as well. He only had it half a dozen times in his first game and had it alot mor elast week . He looks like he really has something. I reckon edwards will be a star for you guys.

I would replace krakouer with deledio every day of the week in terms of talent. there is alot more to natural footy talent than kicking a great goal and a nice highlights tape. I would rate the ability to read the game and find the footy(especially in traffic) just as important as being able to use it. This is what seperates the guns from the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back