Lucas
Lloyd

Essendon's future spine:

Hurley
Ryder
Myers
Gumbleton
Neagle

Current (I rate this the best spine in the competition)

FB: Daniel "sauce head" Merret
CHB: Patfull
Centre: Simon Black
CHF : Brown
FF : Bradshaw

Future.

FB: Daniel "sauce head" Merret
CHB: Patfull/Tyler/Collier
Centre: Rich/Proud
CHF : Henderson
FF : Mitch Clark

Presti
N.Brown
Swan
Cloke
Rocca

N.Brown
Reid
Swan/Pendlebury
Cloke
Dawes

Reid is definitely the hope for CHB. Otherwise our only other hope is Anthony to full back and Brown to CHB. I'd say our first pick next year will be a key position back....espcially with a shallow draft you'd think the kpp's will go early.

Hopefully our future midfield next year will have the names Sidebottom and Beams as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid is definitely the hope for CHB. Otherwise our only other hope is Anthony to full back and Brown to CHB. I'd say our first pick next year will be a key position back....espcially with a shallow draft you'd think the kpp's will go early.

Hopefully our future midfield next year will have the names Sidebottom and Beams as well.

I was a little shitty we went for Rounds over Lisle this year. It's my hope that Reid will become our CHB:)

Current:

Firrito
Petrie/Gibson
Harris
Petrie/Edwards/Jones (dont really have a set CHF)
Hale

Future:

Petrie
Hansen
Ziebell
Tarrant
Hale

The spine is vitally important....but is it overrated?

No use having a good spine if the depth in the 22 is average. You also don't need to have the best spine to win a flag. Hawks probably lacked a full back, Cats a full forward.

Plus the onball division is just as important as the spine.

But i think when teams are recruiting, the first thing they look to fill is the spine and they build the team around that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back