Your team's greatest ever line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be great to compare line-ups for the best ever teams. Obviously some teams will be far greater than others. Some players will probably also appear in two or three teams.

Hornets have only been around for twenty years, so their team will obviously be one of the weakest.

SF: Glen Rice
PF: Larry Johnson
C: Alonzo Mourning
SG: Eddie Jones
PG: Chris Paul
Sixth man: Dell Curry

C: Chamberlain/Abdul Jabbar/Shaq - cant split them
PF: McAdoo
SF: Worthy
SG: West
PG: Magic

Id like to do one for the Memphis Grizzlies as my second team.

C: Reeves
PF: K Brown
SF: Battier
SG: Peeler
PG: Bibby
----------
Adbur-Rahim
Chilcutt
Mack
Massenburg
D West

Special mention to Steve Francis

Never really followed a NBA side that closely but I will do one for the Chicago Bulls

Chicago Bulls

C: Johnny ‘Red’ Kerr
PF: Dennis Rodman
SF: Scottie Pippen
SG: Michael Jordan
PG: Jerry Sloan

Do the players have to have played their best basketball at that team to be elgible, or is it if they have been on the team at any stage they can be picked??

Raptors

C: Camby
PF: Bosh
SF: McGrady
SG: Carter
PG Stoudemire

I would have gone ‘Big Game James’ (James Worthy) at the 4 spot and slotted Elgin Baylor in at the 3 spot rather than have Bob McAdoo as the PF.

Magic is a lock for the point guard spot and Jerry West at the off guard spot. Wilt the stilt over Shaq with Kareem a distant 3rd in the pivot

5) Wilt Chamberlin
4) James Worthy
3) Elgin Baylor
2) Jerry West (Sorry Kobe)
1) Magic

Houston. Hard to pick here, I don't know whether to pick "greatest" as in Houston legends or greatest in Talent.

C: Hakeem Olajuwon
PF: Ralph Sampson - Barkley another candidate here.
SF: Rudy Tomjanovich
SG: Clyde Drexler - T-Mac if he gets a title I'll put him in there ;)
PG: Calvin Murphy
6th Man: Moses Malone - Probably the 2nd best player but behind Olajuwon.

I was born in 84, and only have my information from some tapes (yes tapes) i bought when I was 12-14 can't remember. I just feel like I have missed out someone...

Do the players have to have played their best basketball at that team to be elgible, or is it if they have been on the team at any stage they can be picked??

Raptors

C: Camby
PF: Bosh
SF: McGrady
SG: Carter
PG Stoudemire

That's cheating.

I could have easily slotted Kobe into the SG position on my Hornets team otherwise. ;)

Id like to do one for the Memphis Grizzlies as my second team.

C: Reeves
PF: K Brown
SF: Battier
SG: Peeler
PG: Bibby
----------
Adbur-Rahim
Chilcutt
Mack
Massenburg
D West

Special mention to Steve Francis

Haha that Grizzlies team wouldn't make the playoffs... :eek:

Kobe stiff to miss both Lakers teams thus far.... very stiff!

Also, I'd give AJ the nod over Parker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO
PJ Brown instead of Haslem
Steve Smith on the bench
Props to G Rice

Oh yeah i forgot about PJ :eek:

tough at SF for Miami too. Mashburn and Majerle both pretty mediocre when they went to Miami. Marion has nearly been better in his half season at Miami!
Miami have never really had an All Star SF while playing with them. You could probably put Antonie as he went alright in our championship run.

Chamberlain - cheating a bit
Barry
Wilkes
Mullin
T. Hardaway

Too many SFs but the Warriors haven't been a glittering franchise

The Lakers would be:

Chamberlain
Baylor, possibly play Abdul-Jabbar at PF for kicks
Worthy
Bryant
Johnson

Their bench would be as good as most others teams first team, West, Cooper, Abdul-Jabbar, etc.

Sixers

Wilt
Doc
Sir Charles
AI
Andrew Toney
6th man- Billy Cunningham or Bobby Jones

Coach- Billy Cunningham

The first 3 spots pick themselves in the all time greatest Celtics team, it's just a little bit of a problem in the backcourt (I kinda cheated a bit though on a technicality)
C - Bill Russell (goes without saying)
PF - Kevin Mchale
SF - Larry Bird (after Bill, easily the greatest celtic of all time, and my fave player of any sports to watch, he was a marvel)
SG - John Havilcek (indulge me a bit, I know he played mostly as a SF, but he also spent some time as guard, and I think Hondo deserves to be on the starting 5 of the all-time greatest celtics team)
PG - Bob Cousy (we had some decent PG's over the years in Boston, Ie Tiny Archibald and DJ, but for mine, Cousy will always be our greatest PG ever)

Coach -Red Auerbach
6th Man - Robert Parish and Paul Pierce (can't split them)

Minneapolis Lakers
C: George Mikan
PF: Vern Mikkelsen
SF: Jim Pollard
SG: Pep Saul
PG: Slater Martin

Los Angeles Lakers A-Team
C: Wilt Chamberlain
PF: James Worthy
SF: Elgin Baylor
SG: Jerry West
PG: Earvin 'Magic' Johnson

Los Angeles Lakers B-Team
C: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
PF: Bob McAdoo
SF: Jamaal Wilkes
SG: Kobe Bryant
PG: Norm Nixon

3 Laker teams and still I couldn't find any place for Clyde Lovelette, Shaq, Michael Cooper, Gail Goodrich to a few.

BTW Would there be a spot for Tom Chambers in the all-time greatest Phoenx team ???

Yeah i would suggest so. No way is he over the line but it would have to be considered alongside Marion. As good and flashy as Marion is – Tom Chambers was also a very good NBA player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back