Your Team's Prospects for the Upcoming Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Team: Boston Celtics

Major Ins: Vin Baker, Shammond Williams

Major Outs: Kenny Anderson, Vitaly Potapenko, Joe Forte (on potential only)

Good Points: The 'inside/outside' games of Pierce and Walker. Can be very hard to stop.

Bad Points: Soft inside unless Battie develops and/or Baker gets his old form back. Walker plays too much 'outside' for a PF. Lack of quality point guard at the moment.

Needs: Starter quality PG, frontcourt moose.

Starting 5:

Shammond Williams
Paul Pierce
Antoine Walker
Vin Baker
Tony Battie

Expectations: 4th in the Atlantic. If they can solve the needs maybe 2nd.

Finish: Play-off Round 2

Originally posted by Bulldog1954
Jod, how can you follow 2 NBA teams??? Are you just a Jordan fan??

Im a Chicago Bulls fan and a temporary Wizards fan because of my love for the great Michael Jordan! I want to see my favourite player of all time do well so it's hard not to become a Wizards fan. But once MJ retires again i will just be a Bulls fan again.

Originally posted by King Crow

Or even more crazier...what makes you think Charles Joakley will stay a Bull! :p

Im sure you read my "expert comments" :D on the Bulls. You will note in my best 5 i had the following:

"Oakley/Chandler - If Oak stays then start him, if not give the job to Chandler."

I dont think he will stay personally...well nobody thinks he will stay.

Originally posted by Booze Hound
Team: Boston Celtics

Major Ins: Vin Baker, Shammond Williams

Major Outs: Kenny Anderson, Vitaly Potapenko, Joe Forte (on potential only)

Good Points: The 'inside/outside' games of Pierce and Walker. Can be very hard to stop.

Bad Points: Soft inside unless Battie develops and/or Baker gets his old form back. Walker plays too much 'outside' for a PF. Lack of quality point guard at the moment.

Needs: Starter quality PG, frontcourt moose.

Starting 5:

Shammond Williams
Paul Pierce
Antoine Walker
Vin Baker
Tony Battie

Expectations: 4th in the Atlantic. If they can solve the needs maybe 2nd.

Finish: Play-off Round 2

Poor Boston....have really taken a step backwards this offseason. Peirce and Walker should win enough games just by themselves to assure playoff ball though.

Considering that Boston traded Joe Johnson, Casey Jacobsen, and Milt Palacio (Might be another player aswell) for Tony Delk...and then got sucked into trading for Vin Baker....I think the Celtics may struggle.

Atleast Shammond will get some time :cool:

Club: Perth Bankwest Wildcats

Major ins: Tony Ronaldson, Brett Wheeler

Major outs: Andrew Vlahov (retired), Paul Rogers (6ers), Neil Mottram (Melbourne), Scott Fisher (retired after 1 game), AD Smith (released)

Where they're good: They have the best backcourt in the league, they have the best PG in the league, they have the 2nd best SG in the league, they have the G coming off the bench. The Cats have the best backcourt in the league. They are determined to win, they have a history of winning. The Perth crowd is excellent, and they have AV as the owner!

Where they're bad: Big dept, we have acquired Wheeler and Ronaldson from the Titans, but lost former MVP Paul Rogers, former Boomer starter and huge potential Neil Mottram, plus we dont have a back up centre.

What they need: A back up Centre, thats willing to be the blue collar worker not the superstar.

Best Starting 5:
PG: Grace (c)
SG: Harvey
SF: Feaster
PF: Ronaldson
C: Wheeler

Season's expectations: To make the playoffs, they are now in a re-building stage,and hopefully we can continue the tradition of making the playoffs.

Where they'll finish: Top 4 without a doubt, i have full confidence in this team.

Hoo Roo
MadEagle #9

Team: Minnesota Timberwolves

Major Ins: No-one really. Troy Hudson.

Major Outs: Chauncey Billups.

Where They're good: Well, our backcourt seems settled with Brandon and Szczerbiak, along with good backup from Peeler and Avery(?). I think the loss of Billups will hurt. KG will be KG and give all other team headaches.

Where They're bad: Well, we need a decent centre, I don't think Nesterovic can cut it. Hopefully Jackson can start playing some decent ball. Our bench looks somewhat weak as well.

Best Starting 5
PG- Brandon
SG- Szczerbiak
SF- Garnett
PF- J Smith
C- Nesterovic

Seasons expectations: I really hope the Wolves can come close to winning the Midwest division even though its really strong with Dallas and San Antonio. We seem to have great starts to the season and then drop off mid-season. I'm expecting 55 wins.

Where they will finish: We will probably end up finishing 3rd in the midwest division. Hopefully we can progress past the first round of the playoffs for once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back