Your Teams SuperCoach Preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2011
Yarraville
AFL Club
Sydney
Hai guyzzz :) Good to be back, here is my two bobs worth on my mob.

Defenders

A pretty settled line in our team, however I think Mills will see more mid time which may open things up down back. Personally I think we need to inject some youth into our back 6 as we need better connection and ball movement between our defensive 50 and midfield, I don't think Horse would agree with me though..

Jarrad McVeigh - 483k
IMO he is at the crossroads a la Luke Hodge at the end of 2012. If he wasn’t captain he would/should have been dropped at times in 2016 and losing the captaincy will hopefully put him on notice. Will need a huge, flawless preseason to convince me. No for Round 1 but will be monitored. Consider

Rampe – 468k
Super player, super year in 2016 but to me I just get the feeling he will be one of those Gibson/Birchall SC types who hovers around the 90 average and threatens to go one better but never does. He was given more license to roam in 2016 but at times he will be required to do some stopping/accountable roles. Pass for me but will watch with interest.

Jake Lloyd – 460k
An interesting option, will get more mid time but his game is not SC friendly as he is more of a gut running outside mid. Will keep an eye out on his preseason - is an excellent SC Draft option.

Callum Mills – 420k
I think he’ll improve his 77 average from last year, he will get more mid time. Looks a bit of a smokey and I think he is a chance to average 90-95. Watchlist

Heath Grundy – 411k

I love Reg, but not in the SC sense. Pass

Aliir Aliir – 364k
What a stallion, I love this kid. He looked like an awkward, gangly, newborn giraffe in his first couple of games, he was all arms and legs and then just 10 games later he looked like David Dench. Huge upside. Missed him badly in the GF. Will improve on 2016 but no for me.

Zak Jones – 307k
Improving with each game and he was good in both finals he played last year but there are far better SC options out there. Good SC Draft option.

Michael Talia – 213k
JS questionable with the emergence of Aliir Aliir
It’s a no for me for Pablo Escobar. Pass

Jeremy Laidler , Nick Smith, Harrison Marsh
Not SC relevant

Defender Rookies

Alex Johnston – 123k
I just want to see this kid play one more game in the red and white, even if it is at NEAFL level. Had his 5th reco late last year so he probably won’t play until mid year, most likely in twos. If his knee holds up, and if he plays some decent football in the twos he will get his chance – he is still best 22 IMO. Watchlist.

Lewis Melican – 123k
Tall defender with a few players ahead of him, he will most likely be NEAFL bound. Pass

Jack Maibaum – 123k

3rd round pick key defender. Looks a talented and big bodied long term option but will more likely be a NEAFL bound this year. Pass

Nic Newman – 123k
Will get another senior chance in NAB like last year but will have to go much better this time around. Watch NAB/Consider

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Midfielders

The strongest and most settled line in the team, even with Tom “Judas Benedict Arnold” Mitchell leaving. Heeney and Mills will see some more mid time but I honestly believe that one of the incoming draftees/rookies will get a chance as the coaching staff want more midfield depth.

JPK – 617k
Oh captain, my captain. 110 plus average since 2012, missed 4 games since his arrival to the club in 2010 yet somewhat a POD given he usually has low ownership. Slightly overpriced but you know what you are getting which is consistently quality output and durability. He can start the year a little scratchy but it’s a yes for me, if not Round 1 he is a certain upgrade target. Consider

Dan Haneberry – 616k
Will be thereabouts in the top 10-15 by years end, is in his prime years and I still believe his best football is ahead of him. Downside is he tends to trail off towards the end of the year while the likes of JPK get stronger. Personally, a no for me, but a valid selection nonetheless. Consider

Luke Parker – 608k

Will average around the 100-110 mark but given he is somewhat overpriced and wont be running until the new year due to post season knee surgery it’s a no for me.

Kieran Jack - 488k
If he was a forward or defender I’d strongly consider him, but a no for me. A good SC Draft option but that’s it. Pass

George Hewett (F) - 367k
Had a good debut year in 2016, but struggled in the finals. With quite a few mid/fwds getting drafted to the club this year his spot maybe not so safe. Pass

Shaun Edwards - 251k - RL
Senior ready, given Micky Os old number, could be a Round 1 chance. Awkwardly priced though. Pass

Midfield Rookies

This year there are a lot of midfield draftees/rookies who are genuine Round 1 chances.

Jordan Foote - 182k

Could be an opportunity for him, will most likely see some NAB time and will play between forward and midfield. Price and JS a concern. Watch NAB

Brandon Jack - 182k
Depth player at best. Pass

Jordan Dawson - 123k
2015 draftee who is a mobile half forward who spent year in NEAFL last year and showed some promise. Will be in a large pool of similar players competing for the same spot so opportunities maybe limited but is not without a chance. Watch NAB

Robbie Fox - 102k - RL

Mature age VFL player. Big bodied, strong around stoppages and uses the ball well. Not overly quick though. Senior ready but whether he can force his way in is another story. Watch NAB.

Ben Ronke - 102k - RL
Calder Cannons B&F who was the first round rookie selection. This kid can play: good kick, strong bodied, clean hands, quick from the stoppage and he can go forward and snag a goal or two. Would not surprise me if he debuts this year . Watch list

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Rucks

Slim pickings to be honest

Sam Naismith
The horse bolted last year when he was rookie priced. Had a very good debut season and had a decent crack in the GF. Now mid priced, is having a modified pre season, and probably not going to be averaging more than 80. Pass

Cal Sinclair
Spud. Pass. Next.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Forwards

With Heeney likely to go further upfield, McGlynn retired, Richards gone and Papley not able to train until late January, there are spots very much up for grabs this year.

Budwah Franklin - 514k
Had his most consistent SC season for a while in 2016. A valid selection but he has had post season shoulder surgery and wont be doing any contact work until the New Year (he is running though). No for me but an upgrade target. Consider

Sir Isaac Heeney - 433k
I still get the feeling that the coaching staff want him up forward but with Tom “Judas Benedict Arnold” Mitchell leaving it has forced their hand and he will more than likely spend some time on the ball, especially at centre bounces. That being said, if he plays in the mids he will average 95 plus IMO and on that he is currently in my team. Lock

Dean Towers - 374k
If you pick him in your SC team in your dreams, you better wake up and apologise. Pass.

Gary Rohan - 342k
Outside player who gets roughly 12 touches a game. No thanks.

Tom Papley - 338k
According to Tom Harley, he won’t be running for 8 weeks due to a leg injury, may struggle to come up for Round 1. Pass

Dan Robinson - 328k
Honest battler, JS not great. Not SC friendly. Pass

Harry Cunningham - 321k

Fell out of favour towards the end of last year, may find it hard to break back into team. Pass.

James Rose - 296k
Struggled to cement a spot in the team and with half forwards like Florent and Hayward coming in this year it will make it even harder. Pass.

Sam Reid - 275k
Missed 2016 with calf/hammy issues. Will take Richards spot . Certainly best 22. Like his brother, can score big but is injury prone. If he was 50k cheaper I would have considered him. Pass

FWD Rookies

Oliver Florent - 166k
First round draft pick in 2016. If he gets through the preseason , and if Heeney does go straight into the midfield, I think he is in the mix for Round 1. Can play forward/mid. Highly priced though. Consider.

Will Hayward - 121k
2nd round draft pick in 2016. Half forward who is probably a little undersized and looks more likely to spend time in NEAFL. Pass.

Tyrone Leonardis - 123k
Confession: Im a huge wrap for this kid. He is exactly what we need off half back (not sure why he is a SC forward). He is a rebounding defender / wingman who is creative, quick, dynamic and highly skilled who links up beautifully and always takes the game on and looking to create. Was named emergency a few times in 2016 which means he is not far off. Might not play Round 1 but trust me, once he breaks into the side he will stay there. Get him on your watch list, he is my D9.

Darcy Cameron - 117k
4th round National Draft. Ruckman who was overlooked in draft 3 years ago and has played WAFL since. Had a breakout year in 2016. Kicked 36 goals so he can play up forward. A long term prospect yet he is also senior ready. Given our vulnerability in the ruck stocks since Mumford/Pyke and now Nankervis have left he is not without a chance in 2017. Watchlist.

Sam Murray - 117k
Another half forward/onballer who is rookie listed. Looks a long way off. Pass.

Sam Fisher - 102k
This kid actually looks pretty decent from the footage I’ve seen, classy mover and user of the ball but I haven’t seen how he goes in heavy traffic . He was a GWS Academy player so we got him as a category B rookie. I think he will play AFL at some stage, whether it is this year who knows. If he plays NAB watch list him.

Toby Pink - 102k
Was touted as the long shot/take a risk pick in the rookie draft. He kicked the winning point in the SANFL U19 grand final this year. KP forward who is strong overhead but is a touch raw. Pass

Top 5
1. Heeney
2. JPK
3. Hanners
4. Buddy
5. Ronke/Florent

Smokey
Mills

Scullywag

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Used the Fanfooty prices so if they're off sorry.
Defenders
Heath Shaw - $567,200

Shaw has been a lock premium for a couple of years now but in all honesty with his age and similar players building up he's slowly on the decline. He still has potential to push out big scores but i'm expecting his average to drop dramatically
Predicted average: 95
Verdict: Take with caution

Zac Williams - $485,700

Really showed how much of a talent he is this season, and with another preseason only expect improvement. He is one that will benefit from Shaw going downhill slightly
Predicted Average: 97
Verdict: Safe

Nick Haynes - $462,400

Has improved gradually over the years and is set to bring out some bigger scores this coming season
Predicted average: 92

Nathan Wilson - $370,900

Has struggled with keeping up to speed with AFL standard was included in 18 games last season, with Perryman, Taranto and Cumming being drafted and being good users off half back I'd expect Wilson to be getting less game time
Predicted average: 55
Verdict: Don't touch

Phil Davis - $350,200

Solid player, terrible supercoach option
Predicted average: 65
Verdict: Safe for consistent 60's/70's

Harrison Himmelberg - $303,600

Good year for him playing every game and shutting down some good key forwards
Predicted average: 64

Players below $300,000 that are also a chance
Tim Mohr - $170,000
Issac Cumming - $117,000
Harry Perryman - $193,500

Midfielders
Stephen Coniglio - $583,100

Coniglio is set to really take the midfield as his own this season as he has shown huge potential topping our votes in the Brownlow and getting into the All-Australian side.
Predicted average: 115
Verdict: Lock

Callan Ward - $566,700

Our ferocious Co-captain who has been a rock in our midfield from 2012 and is always averaging 100+ but has a tendency to throw in a 60 or 70 every 8 or so games
Predicted average: 107
Verdict: Safe but expect the s**t score every 6 games

Dylan Shiel - $534,00

Has potential to push some big scores out but for some reason he seems to struggle with consistency constantly
Predicted average: 102
Verdict: See Callan Ward

Tom Scully - $524,300

Is an interesting option but also risky as outside mids throw out some inconsistent scores but the averages at the end of the year always turn out fine
Verdict: see Callan Ward

Ryan Griffin- $523,900

Only played 12 games last season and can see the likes of Hopper, Kennedy and Setterfield forcing him out as he gets on
Predict average: 92
Verdict: Don't Touch

Josh Kelly - $477,300

He's a super talent but like Scully he has the inconsistent curse of an outside midfielder
Predicted average: 94

Lachie Whitfield - $440,800

Out for 6(ish) rounds, he'll be back to his best, think as a mid season upgrade he may be fine
Predicted average: 84
Verdict: Caution as a mid season upgrade

Jacob Hopper - $302,800

He'll play most games, this is someone that you should be looking at if you enjoy mid-pricers (why though?)
Predicted average: 72
Verdict: Safe if you take a lot of mid-pricers

Under $300,000 worth a look
Matthew Kennedy - $177,000

Rucks
Shane Mumford - $531,900

Solid for the half of year he usually plays. He's not the force he once was but is still consistent
Predicted average: 97

Forwards
Brett Deledio - $512,700

As we know he generally doesn't play full seasons but I feel confident he can push out 20 games this season
Predicted average: 98
Verdict: Take with Caution

Toby Greene - $489,200

Unfortunately he doesn't play any midfield anymore so the chances of seeing 100+ averages are gone but he showed he's a consistent performer last season

Steve Johnson - $452,300

I'm expecting Stevie to go down hill this season, will be seeing him play less to make way for younger talents
Predicted Average: 72

Under $300,00 worth a look
Tim Taranto - $166,500

Hairy Lager

Chug!!
10k Posts
Feb 22, 2011
Loving the Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons
Defenders
Heath Shaw - $567,200

Shaw has been a lock premium for a couple of years now but in all honesty with his age and similar players building up he's slowly on the decline. He still has potential to push out big scores but i'm expecting his average to drop dramatically

Zac Williams - $485,700

Really showed how much of a talent he is this season, and with another preseason only expect improvement. He is one that will benefit from Shaw going downhill slightly

Nick Haynes - $462,400

Has improved gradually over the years and is set to bring out some bigger scores this coming season

Nathan Wilson - $370,900

Has struggled with keeping up to speed with AFL standard was included in 18 games last season, with Perryman, Taranto and Cumming being drafted and being good users off half back I'd expect Wilson to be getting less game time

Phil Davis - $350,200

Tim Mohr - $170,000
Issac Cumming - $117,000

Midfielders

Coniglio is set to really take the midfield as his own this season as he has shown huge potential topping our votes in the Brownlow and getting into the All-Australian side.

Callan Ward - $566,700

Our ferocious Co-captain who has been a rock in our midfield from 2012 and is always averaging 100+ but has a tendency to throw in a 60 or 70 every 8 or so games

Dylan Shiel - $534,00

Has potential to push some big scores out but for some reason he seems to struggle with consistency constantly

Tom Scully - $524,300

Is an interesting option but also risky as outside mids throw out some inconsistent scores but the averages at the end of the year always turn out fine

Ryan Griffin- $523,900

Only played 12 games last season and can see the likes of Hopper, Kennedy and Setterfield forcing him out as he gets on

Josh Kelly - $477,300

He's a super talent but like Scully he has the inconsistent curse of an outside midfielder

Out for 6(ish) rounds, he'll be back to his best, think as a mid season upgrade he may be fine

Jacob Hopper - $302,800

He'll play most games, this is someone that you should be looking at if you enjoy mid-pricers (why though?)

Rucks
Shane Mumford - $531,900

Solid for the half of year he usually plays. He's not the force he once was but is still consistent

Forwards
Brett Deledio - $512,700

As we know he generally doesn't play full seasons but I feel confident he can push out 20 games this season

Toby Greene - $489,200

Unfortunately he doesn't play any midfield anymore so the chances of seeing 100+ averages are gone but he showed he's a consistent performer last season

Steve Johnson - $452,300

I'm expecting Stevie to go down hill this season, will be seeing him play less to make way for younger talents

Tim Taranto - $166,500
Awesome write up and good luck for the year, I'm hoping you guys go all the way.

Hairy Lager

Chug!!
10k Posts
Feb 22, 2011
Loving the Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons

Forwards
Brett Deledio - $512,700

Toby Greene - $489,200

Unfortunately he doesn't play any midfield anymore so the chances of seeing 100+ averages are gone

Tim Taranto - $166,500
Your team is so sexy...
So many juicy options, Cogs, Ward, Lids, Cabbage face, love a Mummy, Cumming (Issac) but not in that way.:rainbow:
Taranto not a bad price too.:thumbsu:

big bootaaaaah

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 10, 2011
Doghouse
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Can gagf
Defenders
Heath Shaw - $567,200

Zac Williams - $485,700

Nick Haynes - $462,400

Nathan Wilson - $370,900

Phil Davis - $350,200

Tim Mohr - $170,000
Issac Cumming - $117,000

Midfielders

Callan Ward - $566,700

Dylan Shiel - $534,00

Tom Scully - $524,300

Ryan Griffin- $523,900

Josh Kelly - $477,300

Jacob Hopper - $302,800

Rucks
Shane Mumford - $531,900

Forwards
Brett Deledio - $512,700

Toby Greene - $489,200

Steve Johnson - $452,300

Tim Taranto - $166,500
Yay thanks now I can finish the last half of my team .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Stkilda Supercoach Preview

DEFENDERS-

Leigh Montagna – 538k

Averaged 99 in 2016 and was a very solid option up FWD. Has inherited DEF eligibility after a year of cheap kicks and play making off the half back. Don’t expect much different in 2017. He uses it smart and is always looked for by our younger guys to get out of trouble. Seem to be a lot better options for DEF this year. CONSIDER

Predicted Ave. 96

Shane Savage – 448k

Had an average of 82 in 2016, think he will do slightly better than that this year but again there are much better options in DEF. Has an elite kick which translates very well in SC but his scoring is far to erratic to be picked. Could be a good option in a draft league. PASS

Predicted Ave. 85

Dylan Roberton – 416k

Roberton is an interesting prospect for 2017, with the recruitment of Brown and the return of Carlisle as well as a hopeful emergence of Goddard the Saints are now loaded with tall prospects in defence. Roberton isn’t a KPD, in 2015 he was allowed that fee run roll off half back up to the wing and finished with an average of 90. In 2016 he was required to play much deeper and it really effected his preferred play style. SMOKEY

Predicted Ave. 88

Jake Carlilse fwd – 337k

Is priced with a discount on his 2015 average and has DEF/FWD swingman eligibility but cant see him having much relevance whatsoever. PASS

Predicted Ave. 70

Sean Dempster – 357k

Dempster will no longer be required to play a lockdown KPD roll and can finally return to the intercepting 3rd tall player he once made All-Australian with. Is a constant professional and the freedom will definitely improve his scoring. PASS

Predicted Ave. 76

Daniel Mckenzie – 291k

Love this kid but has a shocking price, only played a handful of games and his best was in round 23. Goes in hard, is quick and a nice kick, expect him to get a lot more of it up on the wing but the price is too awkward. PASS

Predicted Ave. 74

ROOKIES-

Brandon White – 196k

Wont see consistent game time, a beautiful long kick. PASS

Predicted Ave. 60

Ben Long – 117k

Could see game time early in the season and has DEF/FWD eligibility. Played VFL all last year and was not afraid to throw his body in with some very solid lads. BENCH SPOT

Predicted Ave. 65

No SC Relevance in 2017-

Sam Gilbert – 360k

Jarryn Geary – 349k

Jimmy Webster – 318k

Nathan Brown – 313k

Hugh Goddard – 187k

Bailey Rice – 123k

MIDFIELDERS-

Jack Steven – 560k

Hard to tell which Jack Steven you will get week in week out. Had scores of 170,164,150 in 2016 and made you wish you had him but also pulled out scores of 52,56,60. With the new recruits of Steele and Stevens it will allow Jack to play a more outside run roll. He played this roll in 2013 and it led to an average of 110. CONSIDER

Predicted Ave. 109

Seb Ross – 512k

Wish I had of gone with my gut and started him as a mid pricer in 2016, took a whole new level taking his average from 67 to 94. Cant see him improving a whole lot more in the coming year. PASS

Predicted Ave. 92

Jack Newnes – 482k

If he was a defender I would be picking him, born leader and possible captain along with gearhead, does not stop running and has a SC friendly game. Expect a slight improvement on his 2016 average. PASS

Predicted Ave. 91

David Armitage – 475k

Carried a back injury all through 2016 which really affected his scoring going from an average of 110 to 87. In 2015 he was relied on heavily as essentially our only midfielder so I cant see him getting back to those heights with the depth that we have built. PASS

Predicted Ave. 90

Koby Stevens – 468k

Can definitely score and will get greater midfield time at the saints apposed to the bulldogs which should see an improved average. Also can be selected as a FWD. CONSIDER AS FWD

Predicted Ave. 90

Luke Dunstan – 392k

Unfortunately think he may fall out of favour in 2017, never matched the output we received in his debut and with injuries and form he is just going backwards. Could end up back in SA in 2018. PASS

Predicted Ave. 74

ROOKIES-

Nick O’kearney – 123k

Hard to tell how much he will play in 2017, his slight frame really held him back but from training photos you can really see he has put on some bulk. Was an accumulator as a junior. BENCH

Predicted Ave. 60

Nathan Freeman – 123k

The ticking time bomb. Appears to be doing much better, completing a full pre season and recently came 2nd in our 3k time trial. CAREFUL

Predicted Ave. 55

RUCKS-

Tom Hickey – 458k

Youd be a brave man to pick Hickey over some of the other options available but think he will surprise a few this year and average more than Stef Martin and Brodie Grundy and that will be my big call Monday. CONSIDER

Predicted Ave. 96

FORWARDS-

Nick Riewoldt – 550k

The old horse, the move up to the wing made his game SC friendly again. Will average over 95 but cant see him being the top FWD by years end. Has a risk of being rested a couple of games but wont let you down if you pick him. CONSIDER

Predicted Ave. 97

Blake Acres – 410k

Averaged 96 in the last 5 rounds of 2016, really exciting prospect. Big build can kick goals up forward and will be starting in my forward line for 2017. Hopefully builds up his tank and plays more midfield minutes. CONSIDER

Predicted Ave. 93

Jack Billings – 408k

Think(hope) that this is the year that Billings finally hits a new level. Has match winning ability and as we know 4th quarter specialists get recognised in supercoach. Played injured for parts of 2016 but showed what he can do against Collingwood in round 3. CONSIDER

Predicted Ave. 88

Jack Steele – 347k

Has tons of scope, played solely in the fwd line at GWS but he is a natural midfielder. Average 159 SC in the NEAFL, yes it’s the NEAFL but Tom Mitchell had similar numbers before solidifying a spot in Sydneys team. WATCH

Predicted Ave. 84

Jade Gresham – 334k

This kid excites every saints fan. Inherited the famous No.4 and has indicating he wants more midfield time and should get in once he builds up a tank. Has tons of X-Factor and a lethal sidestep. Don’t think he will average to highly in the coming year but is one to watch in the future. PASS

Predicted Ave. 76

No SC Relevance in 2017-

Maverick Weller – 434k

Tim Membrey – 424k

Josh Bruce – 310k

Darren Minchinton – 301k

Jack Sinclair – 299k

Jack Lonie – 276k

Paddy Mccartin – 240k

Josh Battle – 117k

Ed Phillips – 117k

Top 5:

1. Jack Steven

2. Blake Acres - Fwd

3. Tom Hickey

4. Nick Riewoldt

5. Jack Billings

DEFENDERS-

Leigh Montagna – 538k

Averaged 99 in 2016 and was a very solid option up FWD. Has inherited DEF eligibility after a year of cheap kicks and play making off the half back. Don’t expect much different in 2017. He uses it smart and is always looked for by our younger guys to get out of trouble. Seem to be a lot better options for DEF this year. CONSIDER

Predicted Ave. 96

Shane Savage – 448k

Had an average of 82 in 2016, think he will do slightly better than that this year but again there are much better options in DEF. Has an elite kick which translates very well in SC but his scoring is far to erratic to be picked. Could be a good option in a draft league. PASS

Predicted Ave. 85

Dylan Roberton – 416k

Roberton is an interesting prospect for 2017, with the recruitment of Brown and the return of Carlisle as well as a hopeful emergence of Goddard the Saints are now loaded with tall prospects in defence. Roberton isn’t a KPD, in 2015 he was allowed that fee run roll off half back up to the wing and finished with an average of 90. In 2016 he was required to play much deeper and it really effected his preferred play style. SMOKEY

Predicted Ave. 88

Jake Carlilse fwd – 337k

Is priced with a discount on his 2015 average and has DEF/FWD swingman eligibility but cant see him having much relevance whatsoever. PASS

Predicted Ave. 70

Sean Dempster – 357k

Dempster will no longer be required to play a lockdown KPD roll and can finally return to the intercepting 3rd tall player he once made All-Australian with. Is a constant professional and the freedom will definitely improve his scoring. PASS

Predicted Ave. 76

Daniel Mckenzie – 291k

Love this kid but has a shocking price, only played a handful of games and his best was in round 23. Goes in hard, is quick and a nice kick, expect him to get a lot more of it up on the wing but the price is too awkward. PASS

Predicted Ave. 74

ROOKIES-

Brandon White – 196k

Predicted Ave. 60

Ben Long – 117k

Could see game time early in the season and has DEF/FWD eligibility. Played VFL all last year and was not afraid to throw his body in with some very solid lads. BENCH SPOT

Predicted Ave. 65

No SC Relevance in 2017-

Sam Gilbert – 360k

Jarryn Geary – 349k

Jimmy Webster – 318k

Nathan Brown – 313k

Hugh Goddard – 187k

Bailey Rice – 123k

MIDFIELDERS-

Jack Steven – 560k

Hard to tell which Jack Steven you will get week in week out. Had scores of 170,164,150 in 2016 and made you wish you had him but also pulled out scores of 52,56,60. With the new recruits of Steele and Stevens it will allow Jack to play a more outside run roll. He played this roll in 2013 and it led to an average of 110. CONSIDER

Predicted Ave. 109

Seb Ross – 512k

Wish I had of gone with my gut and started him as a mid pricer in 2016, took a whole new level taking his average from 67 to 94. Cant see him improving a whole lot more in the coming year. PASS

Predicted Ave. 92

Jack Newnes – 482k

If he was a defender I would be picking him, born leader and possible captain along with gearhead, does not stop running and has a SC friendly game. Expect a slight improvement on his 2016 average. PASS

Predicted Ave. 91

David Armitage – 475k

Carried a back injury all through 2016 which really affected his scoring going from an average of 110 to 87. In 2015 he was relied on heavily as essentially our only midfielder so I cant see him getting back to those heights with the depth that we have built. PASS

Predicted Ave. 90

Koby Stevens – 468k

Can definitely score and will get greater midfield time at the saints apposed to the bulldogs which should see an improved average. Also can be selected as a FWD. CONSIDER AS FWD

Predicted Ave. 90

Luke Dunstan – 392k

Unfortunately think he may fall out of favour in 2017, never matched the output we received in his debut and with injuries and form he is just going backwards. Could end up back in SA in 2018. PASS

Predicted Ave. 74

ROOKIES-

Nick O’kearney – 123k

Hard to tell how much he will play in 2017, his slight frame really held him back but from training photos you can really see he has put on some bulk. Was an accumulator as a junior. BENCH

Predicted Ave. 60

Nathan Freeman – 123k

The ticking time bomb. Appears to be doing much better, completing a full pre season and recently came 2nd in our 3k time trial. CAREFUL

Predicted Ave. 55

RUCKS-

Tom Hickey – 458k

Youd be a brave man to pick Hickey over some of the other options available but think he will surprise a few this year and average more than Stef Martin and Brodie Grundy and that will be my big call Monday. CONSIDER

Predicted Ave. 96

FORWARDS-

Nick Riewoldt – 550k

The old horse, the move up to the wing made his game SC friendly again. Will average over 95 but cant see him being the top FWD by years end. Has a risk of being rested a couple of games but wont let you down if you pick him. CONSIDER

Predicted Ave. 97

Blake Acres – 410k

Averaged 96 in the last 5 rounds of 2016, really exciting prospect. Big build can kick goals up forward and will be starting in my forward line for 2017. Hopefully builds up his tank and plays more midfield minutes. CONSIDER

Predicted Ave. 93

Jack Billings – 408k

Think(hope) that this is the year that Billings finally hits a new level. Has match winning ability and as we know 4th quarter specialists get recognised in supercoach. Played injured for parts of 2016 but showed what he can do against Collingwood in round 3. CONSIDER

Predicted Ave. 88

Jack Steele – 347k

Has tons of scope, played solely in the fwd line at GWS but he is a natural midfielder. Average 159 SC in the NEAFL, yes it’s the NEAFL but Tom Mitchell had similar numbers before solidifying a spot in Sydneys team. WATCH

Predicted Ave. 84

Jade Gresham – 334k

This kid excites every saints fan. Inherited the famous No.4 and has indicating he wants more midfield time and should get in once he builds up a tank. Has tons of X-Factor and a lethal sidestep. Don’t think he will average to highly in the coming year but is one to watch in the future. PASS

Predicted Ave. 76

No SC Relevance in 2017-

Maverick Weller – 434k

Tim Membrey – 424k

Josh Bruce – 310k

Darren Minchinton – 301k

Jack Sinclair – 299k

Jack Lonie – 276k

Paddy Mccartin – 240k

Josh Battle – 117k

Ed Phillips – 117k

Top 5:

1. Jack Steven

2. Blake Acres - Fwd

3. Tom Hickey

4. Nick Riewoldt

5. Jack Billings
Acres & Steele interest me..

Freeman & Long on the pine for now.

Great writeup btw :thumbsu:

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda

DEFENDERS-

Leigh Montagna – 538k

Predicted Ave. 96

Shane Savage – 448k

Predicted Ave. 85

Dylan Roberton – 416k

Predicted Ave. 88

Jake Carlilse fwd – 337k

Predicted Ave. 70

Sean Dempster – 357k

Predicted Ave. 76

Daniel Mckenzie – 291k

Predicted Ave. 74

ROOKIES-

Brandon White – 196k

Predicted Ave. 60

Ben Long – 117k

Predicted Ave. 65

No SC Relevance in 2017-

Sam Gilbert – 360k

Jarryn Geary – 349k

Jimmy Webster – 318k

Nathan Brown – 313k

Hugh Goddard – 187k

Bailey Rice – 123k

MIDFIELDERS-

Jack Steven – 560k

Predicted Ave. 109

Seb Ross – 512k

Predicted Ave. 92

Jack Newnes – 482k

Predicted Ave. 91

David Armitage – 475k

Predicted Ave. 90

Koby Stevens – 468k

Predicted Ave. 90

Luke Dunstan – 392k

Predicted Ave. 74

ROOKIES-

Nick O’kearney – 123k

Predicted Ave. 60

Nathan Freeman – 123k

Predicted Ave. 55

RUCKS-

Tom Hickey – 458k

Predicted Ave. 96

FORWARDS-

Nick Riewoldt – 550k

Predicted Ave. 97

Blake Acres – 410k

Predicted Ave. 93

Jack Billings – 408k

Predicted Ave. 88

Jack Steele – 347k

Predicted Ave. 84

Jade Gresham – 334k

Predicted Ave. 76

No SC Relevance in 2017-

Maverick Weller – 434k

Tim Membrey – 424k

Josh Bruce – 310k

Darren Minchinton – 301k

Jack Sinclair – 299k

Jack Lonie – 276k

Paddy Mccartin – 240k

Josh Battle – 117k

Ed Phillips – 117k

Top 5:

1. Jack Steven

2. Blake Acres - Fwd

3. Tom Hickey

4. Nick Riewoldt

5. Jack Billings

Great job mate. Thanks for taking the time. :thumbsu:

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
If no one is going to do a Demons preview I'll write one up; if one of the more experienced BF posters decide to write one up I'm happy to delete mine
Don't delete it mate. Its every different posters opinion that makes us all better SCers.

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
Melbourne Demons SuperCoach Preview

Defenders

Bernie Vince 501,100
Has D/M DPP which is handy. Mostly plays on the flanks nowadays and the development of Brayshaw and Oliver coupled with the inclusions of Lewis and Melksham can only limit his minutes. Still useful, but to be perfectly honest, not sure what role he has this year. Will be important for experience so will play every week but not sure if he can replicate last season's solid scoring. Predicted Average: 84

Tom McDonald 488,200

TMac has had two consecutive strong seasons. Had post season surgery so he's slightly behind schedule but that will not matter as he will slot straight into our R1 team barring further injuries. Reads the game well but his kicking is poor so I'd shy away if possible. Predicted Average: 85~

Tomas Bugg 402,300
Now this is a real interesting one. Goodwin really likes Bugg for his toughness and so do many Dee's supporters. Goody also likes defensive players who can win their own ball. Since Melksham will be used in an offensive role, Bugg potentially has a spot in the best 22. Barring injury he will line up round one as he is a fantastic trainer. Main deficiency is his kicking, will be interesting to see if he can improve that side of his game, as if he improvise KE his points average could jump. One to watch, Predicted Average: 78

Michael Hibberd 402,200
The most fantasy relevant Dee. Will be shouldered with many of the kickout responsibilities and delivery outside the back fifty. Good overhead as well. Discounted price and should play 22 games. LOCK Predicted Average 84

Christian Salem 379,500
Only Dee's fans will know this guy well and only a handful of them know a lot about this guy. He has really strong kicking which seems to have improved since his draft year. Had a thyroid problem which robbed him of many games last season and the club is being cautious with him. He's probably too risky to select R1 but could be a good mid season upgrade if he hits his stride. He's tough, a great kick, well underpriced, and we always play better with him in the team. Will likely play in the back half or on the wing. Predicted Average 75

SuperCoach Irrelevant:
James Harmes 377,100
Can commit a few clangers and is probably our new whipping boy. On the edge of best 22 but won't play in the midfield. Can kick a goal and good overhead but can't see him playing enough games to warrant selection.
Predicted Average: 65

Neville Jetta 367,900
Lockdown defender who can take the game on at times but with Hibberd coming in you'd expect he'd have less creative responsibility. Pass. Predicted Average: 61
Oscar McDonald 375,000
Can't kick but like his older brother, wins a fair amount of the ball. Not a good SC selection, doesn't have his brother's ability to take intercept marks so won't be SC relevant for a few years. Predicted Average: 68
Joshua Wagner 374,600
Pass. Kicking is sub standard at times and isn't even best 22. Will only slot in if there are injuries, a great athlete though. Predicted Average: 69
Jayden Hunt 324,400
Doesn't win much inside footy, does provide dash but commits a few clangers. Those will be ironed out eventually but ATM he will play half back this season and will continue to until Vince, Jones and Lewis retire. Predicted Average 62

Colin Garland 291,100 Can't see him playing too many next season, if anything, he is a backup dour defender or a decoy key forward. Stay away Predicted Average 62
Mitch White 245,900

Now this man is a beautiful kick of the footy. In juniors, he had an elite kick and could develop into a very important cog of our side. Downside? Rookie listed and not best 22, as a stopper he's behind Bugg and Garland and as a playmaker he's behind Salem and Hibberd. Avoid, but if Hibberd has a long term injury this man might get a chance.Predicted Average N/A, 69~ if he plays
Pat McKenna 117,300
Literally identical to Hannan in his talents but slightly shorter and doesn't have DPP. Watch his pre season, but not expecting too much from him. Could get a run as a mid sized forward and Goody may take a liking to him, but he's basically a pick 60 draft pick. Predicted Average 52

Declan Kielty 102,400

Coming off a strong season at Casey but rookie listed so it's hard to see him playing much. Predicted Average 52

Midfielders

Jordan Lewis 540,600
SuperCoach output has dropped consistently over the last few years and its likely he will have a specified role delivering into forward fifty as opposed to in the centre square. With Clarry, Viney, Jones and Tyson to share major minutes with Gawn in the centre square, you'd probably have to avoid Lewis. Doesn't average enough as an inside mid to warrant selection anymore anyway. Predicted Average 86

Jack Viney 527,500

Delectable selection. Crash and bash style and a future leader. Took a big step forward last season and with furthermore midfield support and continual improvement of the team, he will improve more. Loves a tackle, a real gritty inside midfielder who can kick a goal. Not the classiest player but he's probably our best midfielder at the moment. Could be a really interesting POD and has some huge 35+ disposals and 125+ games. A bit inconsistent, but this should improve this season. Highly recommend going this guy over Beams, gets over injuries quick and will play as many games as possible. Predicted Average 104

Nathan Jones 527,800

The skipper should still have a solid season, but he's never been outstanding in SuperCoach and we will rely less on him next season. Probably have to avoid him. Predicted Average 94

Dom Tyson 493,000

A classy midfielder who got back to his best last season. Kicks goals and has a great kick on either side. Needs to lift his disposal Average to around 28 to average enough to be a premium mid, but don't forget he was taken one pick after Coniglio in that draft. Probably avoid but he is severely underrated and would be a POD. Predicted Average 99

Clayton Oliver 382,500

An absolute pitbull. Clearance machine. Main problem is stamina which is still below average despite improvement. Liken him to Ollie Wines, and he is underpriced for his potential. He will be huge in real life, and while he might not turn full premium this season, he should have immense improvement. Great value for money, no DPP hurts but I think you can pencil him in for good improvement. Predicted Average 89, 2018 LOCK once he gets through more pre seasons.

Mitch Hannan For/Mid 117,300

Really intruiging draft pick. You'd think we have earmarked him for a specific role. Is an interesting height, quick, and has very very good skills. Awkward match up forward and could be a good third man in contests in defence. Not sure what role he will fill and there are probably safer rookie choices, but he's a relatively unknown so he could do anything. Given that he is very versatile, could fill a number of roles for us. WATCH his pre season. Predicted Average 54

SuperCoach Irrelevant
Billy Stretch 371,000
Gut runner whose looking great this pre season but won't be SuperCoach relevant as he doesn't get inside ball. Good decision maker though. Predicted Average 74
Alex Neal Bullen 291,400

Isn't good enough to play midfield best 22 but too good for VFL. Is probably trade bait next trade period. Won't play many games. As a small forward, we have Kent, Garlett, Harmes and Johnstone ahead of him. Predicted Average 64
Jack Trengove 264,100

Just avoid him. Is too slow for the game. Likes a good overhead mark but even if he plays games this season, his role will not be SuperCoach relevant. Predicted Average 58
Jake Melksham 298,000

Discounted but might not be best 22 and probably too expensive to be a rookie. There are better rookie priced options. If he is named round one, you could roll the dice with him, but as an inside midfielder, he has too many people to contend with. If he plays, he will make money for you before the bye rounds. Predicted Average 73
Corey Maynard 102,400

Brother of Brayden at the Pies, another project player in a McKenna sort of mould. Can't see him playing too many next season though. Pass Predicted Average N/A

RUCKS

Max Gawn 645,000

Now everyone is predicting a Goldstein-like slump, but he is working his arse off pre season and has worked on some tactics to beat ruckman that caused him trouble last season(Im looking at you Tom Hickey). He is a beast who can go forward and take a grab, but he is also good at ground level and a very decent tap ruckman due to his height. With all the underpriced midfielders this year, I can understand overlooking Dangerfield. But if you do, this guy becomes a pure necessity as a captain option. Goes Huge very often. LOCK Predicted Average 112

Sam Frost 266,000 RUC/FOR

Athletic but can't kick and he's still quite raw. Debatable if he is best 22. Pass Predicted Average 58

Mitch King 123,900

Got a decent grab but slightly undersized for a ruckman and coming off a knee reconstruction. Downgrade option late season if he gets on the park, but he is rated highly. WATCH Predicted Average 58

SuperCoach Irrelevant

Jake Spencer 236,400

I think I can't stress this enough. He is NOT a Jon Griffin who used to be able to average 90 in Sandilands' absence. A pure tap ruckman who battles but he's not good enough around the ground. Won't play any games ideally. Avoid. Predicted Average 52

Liam Hulett 117,300

If he is actually a ruckman in game avoid. As he is a lead up forward. A chance to get games as the second key forward but another season in the reserves is expected. Predicted Average N/A

Forwards

Jack Watts 457,500

Actually an interesting POD given the dearth of Forward premiums. Can help Max in the ruck at times, fantastic kick, and got good speed when leading. Will also go back for the last few minutes of each quarter to help sustain leads on the scoreboard. He is our Tom Lynch-sort of player, and I can see him going further next season. Not sure how many points you get for goal assists but with Hoges looking to explode Watts will only get more. Predicted Average 88

Jesse Hogan 417,600

Hulk could actually explode with better service. His game is SC friendly as he clunks big marks. Trimmed down in pre season and could even play a more expansive role. Definitely an interesting selection, given that he already averages 78 off 16 touches a game, and he is a given to kick 55+ this season, I can see him pushing his average higher. Predicted Average 86

Christian Petracca 395,600

His tank is still below average but he is explosive and has Fyfe, Dangerfield potential in the AFL. Will mainly play forward with stints through the middle. An absolute beast who can only improve. Another potentially SC viable choice and considering the weakness of forward lines this season, this guy could nab you a few wins next season. Predicted Average 82 which is a very conservative prediction.

Ben Kennedy 372,900

Impressive start but he tailed off towards the end of the season and was dropped to the VFL. Classy player who can kick a goal, borderline best 22 but Collingwood fans and Dee's fans alike should be aware of his talent. WATCH his pre season. Predicted Average 76 which is conservative again but if he plays well pre season and cements his place in the side 84 is more realistic.

Angus Brayshaw 353,700 MID/FOR

His 2016 season was interrupted by injuries and concussion. But this guy is also a freak. Lean in pre season, is actually very quick, and has a good long kick. As a DPP could be a very nice selection. Now here comes the juicy part. Clarry won't be fit enough to play most of the game in the guts, and Lewis and Vince will have more creative roles. Result? There's a spot in the guts for Gus to grab. He's fully fit unlike last year and has the ability to impose himself at stoppages as well as the ability to run all day(100x100m sprints is a Brayshaw family Christmas tradition). A tough nut as well, who loves a tackle. As a forward, he really could be a fantastic selection. The main problem is that we've seen the old SuperCoach"midfield time" cliche with guys like Conca and Wingard before. comes down to your belief in the player. He is certainly locked into my team. Predicted Average 95+

Dion Johnstone 117,300

Goody likes him and no ones spot is guaranteed at this point. A pure small forward at this point but could be a good F8 option if he is named round one. Kent is apparently injured which may open up a spot for him. I think he might be in and out of the side given we have JKH, Kennedy as well, but watch his pre season, as he is touch and go for round one ATM. Predicted Average 52.

SuperCoach Irrelevant

Dean Kent 389,800

If he was forward, he'd be an interesting pick. Huge left boot, good turn of speed and kicks more than a goal a game. Doesn't get enough of the pill though, so pass. Predicted Average 78
Cam Pederson 367,600

Clunks a mark but won't be best 22 by seasons end and isn't good in SC. Avoid. Predicted Average 62.
Aaron Vandeberg 345,500

If he plays, it's as a medium forward. A battler but he won't kick too many goals, can get a bit of the pill and loves a tackle, but if you are picking a mid priced Dee's forward it's Brayshaw. Borderline best 22 as well. Avoid Predicted Average 68
Jeff Garlett 313,300

Jeffrey has never been SC relevant. Avoid. Please. Predicted Average 64
Sam Weideman 219,400

A raw key forward who won't start round one. Likes a mark and a great set shot, but his price is way too awkward.
Predicted Average 66
Jay Kennedy Harris 117,300

For a small forward he isn't quick, but he is quite classy. However, you'd expect him to spend a lot of time in the VFL. Watch his pre season as he could be a good rookie/downgrade option. Predicted Average N/A , 65 if he plays

Overall, as a team, Melbourne players will be really unique in SC. With so many underpriced gems in the midfield, guys like Viney and Tyson will have really low selected by percentages which can swing close games in your favour. However, the general majority will likely take Hibberd and Gawn and run; which is a fair strategy. Keep your eye on Trac, Oliver, and Gus for 2018 though as these guys all have elite(top 10 in competition) potential.

TOP FIVE:

1. Hibberd
2. Gawn
3. Viney
4. Watts
5. Hogan

Smoky Brayshaw

EDIT
Update positions and prices for most of the players.

Last edited:

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets

Jordan De Goey - 412k
Jordan De Goey is an absolute bull and one of the best players from 2014 so far, who is just waiting to come onto the scene and explode. Unfortunately Buckley has some strange ideology that JDG is a forward (good for SC, not for real life) which is really hurting his potential but if he comes to his senses and plays Jords in the guts, he could average big. Watch him closely, as he might be worth trading in mid-season. Predicted average: 85

Had De Goey last season and he burnt me so hard. Think he high fived Treloar more times than he had disposals-obviously an exaggeration but will he come into the midfield this season? Pendles Treloar and Adams is obviously tough to break into so I can only see him starting in the centre square if Pendles is thrown on a flank or something. Your thoughts?

Moustachio

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Had De Goey last season and he burnt me so hard. Think he high fived Treloar more times than he had disposals-obviously an exaggeration but will he come into the midfield this season? Pendles Treloar and Adams is obviously tough to break into so I can only see him starting in the centre square if Pendles is thrown on a flank or something. Your thoughts?

Wells also. Can't see JDG getting much mid time.

Moustachio

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Melbourne Demons SuperCoach Preview Using fanfooty prices

Defenders

Bernie Vince 509,500 Mid/Def
Bernie is definitely an interesting choice. Played more on the flanks last season bar the mid season Hawthorn game where he really led the way for our young midfielders. However, there will almost certainly be no centre square minutes this season, and Hibberd, Salem and Hunt will look to cement spots on the half back line. His decision making at times is a worry but he has very strong fundamentals and is good overhead, which may result in him being pushed to the wing or half forward. Don't see him backing up last season but should have another solid season. Predicted Average-90

Tom McDonald 476,200

TMac has had two consecutive strong seasons. Had post season surgery so he's slightly behind schedule but that will not matter as he will slot straight into our R1 team barring further injuries. Reads the game well but his kicking is poor so I'd shy away if possible. Predicted Average: 85~

Michael Hibberd 345,500
The most fantasy relevant Dee. Will be shouldered with many of the kickout responsibilities and delivery outside the back fifty. Good overhead as well. Discounted price and should play 22 games. LOCK Predicted Average 84

Christian Salem 292,300
Only Dee's fans will know this guy well and only a handful of them know a lot about this guy. He has really strong kicking which seems to have improved since his draft year. Had a thyroid problem which robbed him of many games last season and the club is being cautious with him. He's probably too risky to select R1 but could be a good mid season upgrade if he hits his stride. He's tough, a great kick, well underpriced, and we always play better with him in the team. Will likely play in the back half or on the wing. Predicted Average 75

SuperCoach Irrelevant:
Neville Jetta 377,000
Lockdown defender who can take the game on at times but with Hibberd coming in you'd expect he'd have less creative responsibility. Pass. Predicted Average: 61

Joshua Wagner 371,600
Pass. Kicking is sub standard at times and isn't even best 22. Will only slot in if there are injuries, a great athlete though. Predicted Average: 69
James Harmes 368,500
Can commit a few clangers and is probably our new whipping boy. On the edge of best 22 but won't play in the midfield. Can kick a goal and good overhead but can't see him playing enough games to warrant selection. Predicted Average: 65~
Jayden Hunt 321,400
Doesn't win much inside footy, does provide dash but commits a few clangers. Those will be ironed out eventually but ATM he will play half back this season and will continue to until Vince, Jones and Lewis retire. Predicted Average 62

Colin Garland 288,700 Can't see him playing too many next season, if anything, he is a backup dour defender or a decoy key forward. Stay away Predicted Average 62
Sam Frost 277,400
Athletic but can't kick and he's still quite raw. Debatable if he is best 22. Pass Predicted Average 58
Mitch White 213,500

Not best 22. Behind Garland. Not fantasy friendly either. Predicted Average N/A, 69~ if he plays
Declan Kielty 102,400

Coming off a strong season at Casey but rookie listed so it's hard to see him playing much. Predicted Average 52

Midfielders

Jordan Lewis 537,400
Fantasy output has dropped consistently over the last few years and its likely he will have a specified role delivering into forward fifty as opposed to in the centre square. With Clarry, Viney, Jones and Tyson to share major minutes with Gawn in the centre square, you'd probably have to avoid Lewis. Doesn't average enough as an inside mid to warrant selection anymore anyway. Predicted Average 86

Jack Viney 529,700

Delectable selection. Crash and bash style and a future leader. Took a big step forward last season and with furthermore midfield support and continual improvement of the team, he will improve more. Loves a tackle, a real gritty inside midfielder who can kick a goal. Not the classiest player but he's probably our best midfielder at the moment. Could be a really interesting POD and has some huge 35+ disposals and 125+ games. A bit inconsistent, but this should improve this season. Predicted Average 104

Nathan Jones 528,200

The skipper should still have a solid season, but he's never been outstanding in SuperCoach and we will rely less on him next season. Probably have to avoid him. Predicted Average 94

Dom Tyson 497,100

A classy midfielder who got back to his best last season. Kicks goals and has a great kick on either side. Needs to lift his disposal Average to around 28 to average enough to be a premium mid, but don't forget he was taken one pick after Coniglio in that draft. Probably avoid but he is severely underrated and would be a POD. Predicted Average 99

Clayton Oliver 379,500

An absolute pitbull. Clearance machine. Main problem is stamina which is still below average despite improvement. Liken him to Ollie Wines, and he is underpriced for his potential. He will be huge in real life, and while he might not turn full premium this season, he should have immense improvement. Great value for money, no DPP hurts but I think you can pencil him in for good improvement. Predicted Average 89, 2018 LOCK once he gets through more pre seasons.
Mitch Hannan For/Mid 117,000

Really intruiging draft pick. You'd think we earmarked him for a specific role. Is an interesting height, quick, and has very very good skills. Awkward match up forward and could be a good third man in contests in defence. Not sure what role he will fill and there are probably safer rookie choices, but he's a relatively unknown so he could do anything. Given that he is very versatile, could fill a number of roles for us. WATCH his pre season. Predicted Average 54
Pat McKenna 117,000.

Literally identical to Hannan in his talents but slightly shorter and doesn't have DPP. Watch his pre season, but not expecting too much from him. Could get a run as a mid sized forward and Goody may take a liking to him, but he's basically a pick 60 draft pick. Predicted Average 52

SuperCoach Irrelevant
Tomas Bugg 408,600
Resident tagger. Pass. Might not be best 22. Predicted Average 76
Dean Kent 386,700

If he was forward, he'd be an interesting pick. Huge left boot, good turn of speed and kicks more than a goal a game. Doesn't get enough of the pill though, so pass. Predicted Average 78
Billy Stretch 373,900

Gut runner whose looking great this pre season but won't be fantasy relevant as he doesn't get inside ball. Good decision maker though. Predicted Average 74
Alex Neal Bullen 291,400

Isn't good enough to play midfield best 22 but too good for VFL. Is probably trade bait next trade period. Won't play many games. As a small forward, we have Kent, Garlett, Harmes and Johnstone ahead of him. Predicted Average 64
Jack Trengove 261,900

Just avoid him. Is too slow for the game. Likes a good overhead mark but even if he plays games this season, his role will not be SuperCoach relevant. Predicted Average 58
Jake Melksham 215,600

Discounted but might not be best 22 and probably too expensive to be a rookie. There are better rookie priced options. If he is named round one, you could roll the dice with him, but as an inside midfielder, he has too many people to contend with. If he plays, he will make money for you before the bye rounds. Predicted Average 73
Corey Maynard 102,400

Brother of Brayden at the Pies, another project player in a McKenna sort of mould. Can't see him playing too many next season though. Pass Predicted Average N/A

RUCKS

Max Gawn 654,100

Now everyone is predicting a Goldstein-like slump, but he is working his arse off pre season and has worked on some tactics to beat ruckman that caused him trouble last season(Im looking at you Tom Hickey). He is a beast who can go forward and take a grab, but he is also good at ground level and a very decent tap ruckman due to his height. LOCK Predicted Average 112

Mitch King 117,000

Got a decent grab but slightly undersized for a ruckman and coming off a knee reconstruction. Downgrade option late season if he gets on the park, but he is rated highly. WATCH Predicted Average 58

SuperCoach Irrelevant

Jake Spencer 266,700

I think I can't stress this enough. He is NOT a Jon Griffin who used to be able to average 90 in Sandilands' absence. A pure tap ruckman who tries but he's not good enough. Won't play any games ideally. Avoid. Predicted Average 52

Liam Hulett 117,900

If he is actually a ruckman in game avoid. As he is a lead up forward. A chance to get games as the second key forward but another season in the reserves is expected. Predicted Average N/A

Forwards

Jack Watts 461,300

Actually an interesting POD. Can help Max in the ruck at times, fantastic kick, and got good speed when leading. Will also go back for the last few minutes of each quarter to help sustain lesds on the scoreboard. He is our Tom Lynch-sort of player, and I can see him going further next season. Predicted Average 88

Jesse Hogan 424,200

Hulk could actually explode with better service. His game is SC friendly as he clunks big marks. Trimmed down in pre season and could even play a more expansive role. Definitely an interesting selection, given that he already averages 78 off 16 touches a game, and he is a given to kick 55+ this season, I can see him pushing his average higher. Predicted Average 86

Christian Petracca 397,300

His tank is still below average but he is explosive and has Fyfe, Dangerfield potential in the AFL. Will mainly play forward with stints through the middle. An absolute beast who can only improve. Another potentially SC viable choice and considering the weakness of forward lines this season, this guy could nab you a few wins next season. Predicted Average 82 which is a very conservative prediction.

Ben Kennedy 369,900

Impressive start but he tailed off towards the end of the season and was dropped to the VFL. Classy player who can kick a goal, borderline best 22 but Collingwood fans and Dee's fans alike should be aware of his talent. WATCH his pre season. Predicted Average 76 which is conservative again but if he plays well pre season and cements his place in the side 84 is more realistic.

Angus Brayshaw 337,600 MID/FOR

His 2016 season was interrupted by injuries and concussion. But this guy is also a freak. Lean in pre season, is actually very quick, and has a good long kick. As a DPP could be a very nice selection. Will play on the wing or forward but he has the potential to bring his SC average up by 30 points next season. A tough nut as well, who loves a tackle. As a forward, he really could be a fantastic selection Predicted Average 89
Dion Johnstone 117,000
Goody likes him and no ones spot is guaranteed at this point. A pure small forward at this point but could be a good F8 option if he is named round one. Again, watch his pre season, as he is touch and go for round one ATM. Predicted Average 52.

SuperCoach Irrelevant
Cam Pederson 364,600

Clunks a mark but won't be best 22 by seasons end and isn't good in SC. Avoid. Predicted Average 62.
Aaron Vandeberg 342,900

If he plays, it's as a medium forward. A battler but he won't kick too many goals, nor get too much of the pill. Borderline best 22 as well. Avoid Predicted Average 68
Jeff Garlett 313,700

Jeffrey has never been SC relevant. Avoid. Please. Predicted Average 64
Sam Weideman 242,900

A raw key forward who won't start round one. Likes a mark and a great set shot, but his price is way too awkward.
Predicted Average 66
Jay Kennedy Harris 117,000

For a small forward he isn't quick, but he is quite classy. However, you'd expect him to spend a lot of time in the VFL. Watch his pre season as he could be a good rookie/downgrade option. Predicted Average N/A , 65 if he plays

Overall, as a team, Melbourne players will be really unique in SC. With so many underpriced gems in the midfield, guys like Viney and Tyson will have really low selected by percentages which can swing close games in your favour. However, the general majority will likely take Hibberd and Gawn and run; which is a fair strategy. Keep your eye on Trac, Oliver, and Gus for 2018 though as these guys all have elite(top 10 in competition) potential.

TOP FIVE:

1. Hibberd
2. Gawn
3. Viney
4. Watts
5. Hogan

Smoky Brayshaw

Interesting that you rate TMac as going backwards. Previous top defender and av 99 from round 8 last season. Would not have thought Hibberd would impact his role that much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back