Discussion Your Ten Commandments (Rules) of SuperCoach

Remove this Banner Ad

New Season ....do the old SuperCoach Rules still apply, given the new rules

1. Intercept marking was King

2. Backline Seagulls flourished .....now with the extra distance of kickouts, they're basically kicking from the HB line ......will King Seagull still reign supreme ?

View attachment 1059157

3. Will KPF's come back into vogue ....with the speed of delivery ?

I'll go to a board of resident SC experts gutsroy Here2tellyouwhy Keg still on legs and Obese Arachnid e.....no more knowledgeable posters you'll find

Drink pi55

Post pupps

/ fred

I wonder how many I will break...
  1. Over-use excel for all SC decisions
  2. Value/prioritise durability
  3. Plan for the byes
  4. Account for the strange points distribution from shorter quarters in 2020
  5. Upgrade early and aggressively
  6. Don’t sideways premos in upgrade season
  7. Ignore ownership %
  8. Don’t pay full price for a premo unless the team is nearly finished and it makes sense.
  9. Be open to cheap premos (e.g. aim a bit low for quality of players in d5/6, m7/8 and f5/6).
  10. Play the percentages with the captaincy, and pick a few captaincy candidates in the initial squad.

Last edited:

1. Don’t pick Tall FWD or DND unless cheap Daniher is my only exception this year
2.Watch all pre-season games for the lookout for rookies
3.Don’t pick Donuts on any line but Ruck for Captaincy loophole
4.Don’t pick flavours of the month just because they have great pre-seasons last year I picked Houston
5.Look for players that are going to get positional changes someone like Rozee who’s likely to get midfield time this season
6. Pick premium players and keep them don’t trade them just because they have poor games for the season er Grundy
7.Don’t waste trades
8.Don’t pick players that have a good round score it doesn’t mean they will do that for the rest of the season
9.Pick Rookies before their price goes up likewise trade them out before they lose cash
10.Don’t pick players from your team and hoping for them to have breakout seasons it will bite you

Drink pi55

Post pupps

/ fred
6sHG.gif

New Season ....do the old SuperCoach Rules still apply, given the new rules

1. Intercept marking was King

2. Backline Seagulls flourished .....now with the extra distance of kickouts, they're basically kicking from the HB line ......will King Seagull still reign supreme ?

View attachment 1059157

3. Will KPF's come back into vogue ....with the speed of delivery ?

I'll go to a board of resident SC experts gutsroy Here2tellyouwhy Keg still on legs and Obese Arachnid e.....no more knowledgeable posters you'll find
Hurn will win the coleman from half back thanks to these new rules.

CD told me that goals directly from a kickout are worth Bont like KOTD points

This year I'm trying to take a more scientific approach. Be more of a SC-Cyborg than a mad free-wheeling SC-artiste. Be interesting to see how much of it I stick to.

Initial team:

1. Base initial premo selection on an assumption of their average, their predicted games played, and replace the games they are predicted to miss with rookie scores, to get a true indication of their predicted average.
  2. Pick durable players where possible - only pick injury prone players where they are under-priced.
  3. Base starting team around rookies, but also make sure that you have room on each line to grab fallen premos as well as the top-scoring targets.
  4. Don't aim to have top 6/8/6 players on each line, as this isn't attainable. It's better to be open to slightly cheaper players if they represent value and are durable.
  5. Plan for the byes by estimating the points cost of having too many players on a particular line.
  6. Pick players who are in the right age bracket for improvement.
  7. Ignore ownership.

Trading:
  1. Plan out all trades for the year in advance. Not specific trades, but rough number of upgrades/downgrades needed if you assume each rookie makes $150k and upgrades will be a mix of fallen premos and uber premos.
  2. No sideways trades under any circumstances.
  3. Upgrade early and aggressively.

Weekly:
  1. Make sure I don't lose points from simple errors like forgetting to put an E on a player etc.
This is outstanding, honestly, just outstanding 👍

Sounds like a fun season ahead

My 10 commandments in supercoach.

1. Don't play supercoach.
2. Don't play supercoach.
3. Don't play supercoach.
4. Don't play supercoach.
5. Don't play supercoach.
6. Don't play supercoach.
7. Don't play supercoach.
8. Don't play supercoach.
9. Don't play supercoach.
10. Don't play supercoach

1. Players are either in your team to be a keeper or make 150k or more.
2. Start at least 12 keepers if possible, of which at least 10 of your keepers should be safe and proven picks (good scoring in their last 2 complete seasons, good durability, passable preseason).
3. Start no more than 3 midpricers if possible (210 > 450-500k depending on which line).
4. Don't pick anyone with a questionable or subpar injury record (eg. Zilliams and Jelly).
5. Ensure that everyone is playing in round 1 including the entire bench is possible (sometimes theres no rookie price ruck thats playing).
6. No massive POD captaincy selections + when choosing your captain watch out for likely tags or undoubtedly great matchups.
7. Pay attention to role changes, some are more SC friendly than others. Don't pay too much attention though (I'm looking at you Dan Houston).
8. DO NOT MISS OUT on a Reilly O'Brien type rookie ever again.
9. Try to avoid picking up premos at top dollar, instead try to get them after they've plummeted from an injury game or justifiable shocker of a score (tagged or team just got smashed).
10. Never sideways trade your premos without great reason, eg. potentially permanent role change that renders them a way worse scorer, or absolutely abysmal scoring that leads to them being dropped.

BONUS: When trying to choose which rookie to play onfield, pick the rookie with more games played and a track record of decent scores like say 65ish (ideally a good 3 round average) over a 2nd gamer who went big in their 1st game (eg. 90 plus). Too often these guys dish out a 30 something in their second game and your more reliable rookie scores another 70.

My 10 commandments in supercoach.

1. Don't play supercoach.
2. Don't play supercoach.
3. Don't play supercoach.
4. Don't play supercoach.
5. Don't play supercoach.
6. Don't play supercoach.
7. Don't play supercoach.
8. Don't play supercoach.
9. Don't play supercoach.
10. Don't play supercoach

I thought I was gonna get away this year... but I got 2 weeks to cram study about players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Don’t pick Tall FWD or DND unless cheap Daniher is my only exception this year
2.Watch all pre-season games for the lookout for rookies
3.Don’t pick Donuts on any line but Ruck for Captaincy loophole
4.Don’t pick flavours of the month just because they have great pre-seasons last year I picked Houston
5.Look for players that are going to get positional changes someone like Rozee who’s likely to get midfield time this season
6. Pick premium players and keep them don’t trade them just because they have poor games for the season er Grundy
7.Don’t waste trades
8.Don’t pick players that have a good round score it doesn’t mean they will do that for the rest of the season
9.Pick Rookies before their price goes up likewise trade them out before they lose cash
10.Don’t pick players from your team and hoping for them to have breakout seasons it will bite you
#7 goes hand in hand with golden rule #1. do not supercoach drunk.

1. Players are either in your team to be a keeper or make 150k or more.
This is the number one rule imo - If you are paying 400k+ for a player, you genuinely believe they will finish top 6/8 in their line, or extremely close. If you pay 350k for a player, they either need to appreciate to 500k or they arent worth it.

This is the number one rule imo - If you are paying 400k+ for a player, you genuinely believe they will finish top 6/8 in their line, or extremely close. If you pay 350k for a player, they either need to appreciate to 500k or they arent worth it.
And who am I to argue with you ......

1. Do not pick any player from the team you barrack for unless they are a rookie or a genuine premo
2. Never, ever, ever trade pissed
3. Don’t trade after Round 1. It’s easy to get sucked by one game. You’ve spent three months planning, stick to your structures
4. Never worry about culling early if it’s to downgrade to a rookie or results in bringing in a season keeper premo
5. fu** the Byes. You’ll trade half your side before you reach them. Start planning four rounds out but never let Byes compromise the best side you can get
6. Never pick a KPF. I was amazed at the attacks that came my way when I argued this at length 7-8 years ago. Those people have now learnt.
7. If a player burns you twice, never again
8. Never chase points. Slow and steady wins the race
9. Treat a trade as throwing away 150k
10. Norf players are not SC friendly
Powell may well alter Rule 10

I don't need 10, I just need 1...

1. KISS

Every year I overcomplicate things. I analyse every rookie, look at who is injured, how long they're out for, all that stuff, and I end up missing out on a great rookie. I also take too many speculative and POD mid-pricers because I'm a stubborn bugger, and most of the time they fail.

I'm picking premo studs and rookies that are playing. I'll deal with the rest later as it comes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back