Your Thoughts on The Showdown!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

marvin said:
I suspect that with Josh Francou playing like a man who's just found out that Ashley and Martin have gone into receivership, and McGregor getting under Tredrea's skin, the early momentum went to Adelaide and Port were thrown out of Plan A and into Plan B, and never really got it back.
:D LMFAO :D

blighty said:
Why does he persist with the glove ????
I hate players wearing gloves.........leave that to the Port buffoons. What gives with Tredders wearing only one, and yet he still takes it off for set shots? A clown.

portentous said:
Fair point.

Anyway I'm one of those obstinate Port supporters that posts MORE and goes to training MORE when we're getting done. I think that's when your club needs you the most. Went every week to training in 2000, despite it being such a crappy year because it's important the players see some support. Doesn't mean I'm not bitterly disappointed with yesterdays' ********poor effort tho.

I still believe Port :( and Brissie are favourites for the flag. However, you guys really need for some youngsters stand up otherwise you will be carrying too many old, tired legs into the finals - if you get there - ;)

portentous said:
Go on, have a go........ah the joys of losing a showdown. :(
Not having a go about the game or the result, it was about you claiming the players you were missing in the brothers Burgoyne, Pickett, Thurstans, Mahoney and Bishop were in a different class to our absentees in Hart, Clarke, Stevens, Burton and Bode. Stevo was available of course, but I wouldn't exactly put Thurstans, Mahoney and Bishop in the world-beaters category. Thurstans shows great promise, but Mahoney and Bishop are manful toilers, no more.

You're probably grumpy so I'll cut you some slack :D

portentous said:
Understatement of the year mate! I've now been accused of being an alcoholic, pokies addict too! As for the fantasty cricket board,well, we won't go there.

I think I've had enough of bigfooty.

Don't get too down, you guys have had a lot to be happy about over the last 4 years. Nobody said it was all beer & skittles :)

That was one of the best games since the 97 and 98 Grand Finals. That was amazing. I had a feeling we might win but never in my wildest dreams would I have predicted an 11 goal win. They all played so well. It would have been hard to choose the best player. Roo did well though and deserved his Showdown medal.

I just wish there had been more ferals around me - I was hanging for an argument and there wasn't anyone to argue with!

k
xx

You should've heard the woman behind us geez talk about feral. She was telling everyone to shut up when they were cheering for their team. And calling everyone bitches and stuff, and THEN she was going "shut up, stop swearing and sit down you stupid ****************s. Youse (hehehe) wouldn't know anything about the game". This was at half time. Excuse me but you are allowed to stand up. Then she was going "why don't you concentrate on your own team instead of rubbishing ours", and "oh of course, another free to the Crows, I should've guessed", "Tredders hasn't had a free kick in 4 years". Whinge whinge whinge.

Go Crows! :)

dyertribe said:
That's the crux of it. When we threatened to blow the game open early in the second quarter, Choco would previously have been able to throw Carr and Hardwick into the middle to scrag and niggle and negate us at the stoppages. No such luxury this year.

As far as sheer importance to the club in the past couple of years goes, Carr was second only to Tredrea - you simply can't replace what he added to the structure.

It would have been in the interests of brotherly love and everyone at Alberton to try to bring Matthew over, rather than lose Josh.
Spot on DT.

Port are starting to realise just how much they will miss Josh Carr. While he might not have the polish of someone like P. Burgoyne or James, he is a bloody good footballer who would be in the best 22 of any side in the comp.

VERY VERY good footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stiffy_18 said:
Most definetly.

If he play slike that week in week out he sure would be one of the premier midfielders in the comp. He was simply outstanding and went in as hard as I have seen him.

Seconded, Stiffy.

Apart from one silly little dinky hopital ball pass, almost a flawless game from Reilly.

As I've said elsewhere I see VB as very similar to Reilly but harder at the ball and man.

macca23 said:
Seconded, Stiffy.

Apart from one silly little dinky hopital ball pass, almost a flawless game from Reilly.

As I've said elsewhere I see VB as very similar to Reilly but harder at the ball and man.
Thompson also fluffed up twice kicking into the man on the mark, but overall he was very good & hard at the ball with 2nd/3rd efforts (& will get better with more game time).

I agree with your comments Macca on VB. We need to persist with him for a few games in a row, as he has more future than some in our current-22.

Kane McGoodwin said:
Thompson also fluffed up twice kicking into the man on the mark, but overall he was very good & hard at the ball with 2nd/3rd efforts (& will get better with more game time).

I agree with your comments Macca on VB. We need to persist with him for a few games in a row, as he has more future than some in our current-22.

How can we even contemplate dropping VB. The kid gave 110% when he came on.

outback jack said:
yep it would be poor form of NC to drop VB now, he needs 5-10 games so we can see what hes got. Otherwise there was no point in playing him. If it means others go that dont derserve it, like skipworth, then its too bad.
That won't happen - likely to get 1-2 games more and then be dropped back to SANFL, unless he performs magically, but I suspect he'll be in and out during the season??

Wayne's-World said:
That won't happen - likely to get 1-2 games more and then be dropped back to SANFL, unless he performs magically, but I suspect he'll be in and out during the season??
It's no doubt thats what tends to happen to most 18 year olds that look likely to succeed at this level - unless they are sensational players eg Judd, thats what you expect - probably hard on them at this point of their careers but you tend to see most good draft picks start to excel in the 2nd probably 3rd season at a club.

He looks a real player to me - cant wait to see to see him in 2 or 3 years time - apart from the fact i will be 2-3 years older myself! AND despite sticking up for Skippy in the 'Sack Skippy' thread, he is capable with a bit more experience of providing the team with that midfield class that we are lacking at the moment in terms of our 2nd-3rd string players eg Skippy!

Lets not forget that it depends on what NVB has been told, he may well have been told he'll get a taste of things, but that's all they're aiming for at the moment.

I don't know if or that is the case, but the fairness of what happens to him is solely dependent on the expectations laid down by the coaching staff. whatever that may have been.

Wayne's-World said:

true, but i feel it would be in our best interests if he did, i hope he doesnt come in and out of the side and have his development hindered like we have done in the past to other youngsters. It would be nice if he can get 12ish games all up and 5 in a row.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back