Entertainment & Music Your Top 10 Funniest Australians

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
My OP appears a bit sexist as there are no females listed.

That's because women aren't funny.

Jane Turner, Gina Riley, Magda Szubanski and Judith Lucy were all close to making my top 10 though.

I reckon Wendy Harmer goes ok.

1. Peter Helliar
2. Dave Hughes
3. Rebel Wilson
4. Rove McManus
5. Josh Thomas
6. Em Rusciano
7. Charlie Pickering
8. Lehmo
9. Fiona O'Loughlin
10. Akmal Saleh

First Carlton and then this? ^

What horrible thing happened to you during your formative years?

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
1. Peter Helliar
2. Dave Hughes
3. Rebel Wilson
4. Rove McManus
5. Josh Thomas
6. Em Rusciano
7. Charlie Pickering
8. Lehmo
9. Fiona O'Loughlin
10. Akmal Saleh
You have issues. ;)

To be fair this is a list of someone born about 1995

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Dave Hughes should be nowhere this list.

I wouldn't seriously have him in my top 10 but he can be funny at times, compared to the rest of the flogs on The Footy Show he's like Billy Connolly.

A lot of these seem old. I left Australia 7 years ago and most listed were well along in their career. Nobody new on the scene?

I can't think of any really great young up and coming Aussie comedians, Tom Ballard is OK but Josh Thomas is about as funny as cancer.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Please Like Me was a tragicomic masterpiece. Look past the pissy accent, and he's seriously talented.

That show isn't too bad I'll admit but that's mainly due to the other actors in it rather than Josh Thomas, the guy that plays his Dad is very good.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Rob Sitch.

Yeah he'd have to be up there in terms of comedy over the past 30 years for his work on D Gen, The Late Show, Frontline, Utopia etc.

I like Mick Molloy too, him and Rob were the two funniest guys from The Late Show crew.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I havent been able to make a proper list but these guys would be in it:

Adam Hills
Wil Anderson
Jim Jefferies
Sammy J & Randy (together or apart)
Lano & Woodley (Woodley ahead of Lano as solo acts)
Carl Barron

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
I havent been able to make a proper list but these guys would be in it:

Adam Hills
Wil Anderson
Jim Jefferies
Sammy J & Randy (together or apart)
Lano & Woodley (Woodley ahead of Lano as solo acts)
Carl Barron

I never liked Sammy J and Randy that much on other tv shows but Ricketts Lane is pretty funny, it reminds me of Lano and Woodley's tv show from the 90s.

Carl Barron is funny but he gets a bit repetitive, I'd struggle to sit through a whole hour long show of his.

I can't stand Adam Hills and Wil Anderson as stand up comedians but some of their tv shows are OK where it's not all about them.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Eric bana

I probably should have included him in my Top 10 considering he's a fellow Saints supporter.

c0aeee0ab06665d4edda8cedd842205c.jpg

I'd still have Clive James on the top of my list, every time I see a new article of his in the Graund I smile, and Unreliable Memoirs is one of two books, Spike's Adolf Hitler, My Part in his Downfall being the other, that I can't read in public because parts of them still reduce me to a giggling wreck. Can we claim Spike by default? His mum, and brother were/are both Australians.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
I'd still have Clive James on the top of my list, every time I see a new article of his in the Graund I smile, and Unreliable Memoirs is one of two books, Spike's Adolf Hitler, My Part in his Downfall being the other, that I can't read in public because parts of them still reduce me to a giggling wreck. Can we claim Spike by default? His mum, and brother were/are both Australians.

Yeah all his biographies are hilarious reading, Falling Towards England is even better than Unreliable Memoirs imo.

I was thinking about the funniest Australians on tv rather than print, Clive wasn't as funny on tv as he is in print although his 80s tv show was pretty good.

Back