3. Street Fighter 2
4. Monkey Island 2
5. A bunch of Amiga games I'm forgetting
6. Super Marios 1,2,3, World and 64
7. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game
8. NBA Jam
9. FIFA 12/13
10. Diablo 1
11. Any number of RTS games including Dune 2, Comand and Conquer, Red Alert, Warcraft 2, StarCraft 1, Z, Total Annihilation

Last edited:

And as someone said, maybe everyone didn't play that growing up? I know I didn't as my parents got us a Sega Master System and we also had a PC so I only started playing Nintendo games when we got a 64! Super Mario 64 was my first Mario game :)

The majesty that was experiencing Super Mario 64 for the first time is probably the most magical in all gaming.

This coupled with favouriting A Link to the Past is the most hipster thing ever (or you're 40)

It most certainly isn't hipster and most certainly is my fave game of all time.

4 of my 10 were from 2009 or before.

Am I cool if I say some 16 bit Slovenian dragon RPG from 1982?

Nothing prior to 2000 is a bit suss unless you are 14

Also, lmao at 16 bit Slovenian dragon RPG from 1982

Last edited:
Here's my top 5 from 8 years ago

1. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
2. Diablo 2
3. Doom
4. Halo 2
5. Jazz Jackrabbit

Fair to say a lot has changed in that time (including me playing more D2). So I guess my new list would be:

1. Diablo 2 (is still a joy to play)
2. THPS 3 (harder to play when not really, really high)
3. Doom
4. Borderlands 2 (most underrated game in past decade IMO)
5. Jazz Jackrabbit
6. Arkham Asylum (or some days, City)
7. Halo 2 (has not aged well and my love for it was very much a product of circumstance, in hindsight)
8. Oblivion (or some days, Skyrim)
9. Assassins Creed Brotherhood
10. Skate (or some days, 2)

Is very liquid, tends to depend on the style of game I've been playing recently.

Interestingly, H2F , this was your list:

1. Dungeons of Daggorath
2. Eye of the Beholder II
3. Dune II
4. Diablo 2
5. Might & Magic 3

Wing commander really came from the clouds?* Funny how things change.

*see what i did there?

Nothing prior to 2000 is a bit suss unless you are 14
Why is it suss?

Got a Mega Drive in 1993. Played it a ton. Got a PS1 in 97 played that a ton. Only played NBA Live and 2K from about 99-2009. Devoted heaps more time into games ever since.

For me, games have only held my attention as they've gotten more complex and that is from about 2007 onwards.

This is my personal preference and doesnt denigrate those who love games from before then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it suss?

Got a Mega Drive in 1993. Played it a ton. Got a PS1 in 97 played that a ton. Only played NBA Live and 2K from about 99-2009. Devoted heaps more time into games ever since.

For me, games have only held my attention as they've gotten more complex and that is from about 2007 onwards.

This is my personal preference and doesnt denigrate those who love games from before then.

Ok m8 that's cool.

Surprised that not one game for your childhood made it's way in doe. I had way more time to play games as a kid than as an adult.

Ok m8 that's cool.

Surprised that not one game for your childhood made it's way in doe. I had way more time to play games as a kid than as an adult.
Why is it suss?

You two should actually fight. Meet up and record it. Then post it.

I couldnt afford more than 2-3 games a year as a kid. Games are awesome now.

The only games I got were Xmas and Birthday gifts.

Weekend video store rentals >>>>

Remove this Banner Ad

Back