Toast Your Top 10 moments in the last 10 years (2010-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all.

The end of the decade is fast approaching.

During this period of time, for Richmond, we have seen:
- 4 different coaches: Wallace, Rawlings and Hardwick
- Membership numbers growing from 35,960 in 2010 to 103,358 in 2019
- 2 Premierships and a lot of false dawns
- First round draft busts and late round gems
- Brownlow medalists, multiple Coleman Medal winners and an AA coaptain

In a way, the last 10 years has been an epic and testing journey for a Richmond supporters.

I thought this would be a good opportunity to highlight your Top 10 (or 5 if you can't be stuffed) personal moments of this decade as a Tiger Supporter.

1. Attending my first ever Grand Final in 2017 and sitting stunned to see the Tigers win by a fantastic margin
2. Watching the 2019 Grand Final even more stunned when we steam rolled the Giants
3. Going to the Final series with my wife in 2017 and watching her really getting into the game
4. High-fiving Dustin Martin - Qualifying Finals 2017. We sat right next to the interchange!
5. Attending the Club Tour thanks to the BF player sponsorship. Had a lovely evening seeing the club from the inside
6. Taking my Brother in Law and Wife to the game together. Walking through the rain because I parked too far. Buying three ponchos and being the only three people in the row watching the game whilst everyone is undercover. He had no idea what was going on but really enjoyed the spectacle. We really flogged Essendon that day. Finishing off the evening with a burger at Merrywell.
7. Meeting some awesome BF Richmond supporters at Ms Parma at that forgettable 2013 Elimination Finals against Carlton. Finally putting some faces to the username.
8. Taking the bus to head over to Adelaide to watch Port Adelaide v Richmond. First time interstate and was completely blown away by the Never Tear Us Apart by the Port Adelaide supporters. Taking the bus home upset after the loss. Was a very good experience.
9. Albeit, not a great highlight, but when K. Hunt kicked that winning goal. This board was a total disaster and looking back being one of the mod, we were at panic stations. Festival of the Red. Probably one of the bleakest moments in the club history.
10. Knowing that my club is the greatest club at the latter end of the decade. We are truly a final's monster machine.

Have at it Tiger folks

Last edited:
Number Uno for me...
Dustin Martin's bursting like a fiery comet across the 2017 Season taking all awards before him and finishing with the cherry on top...best on ground winning performance in the 2017 Grand Final...phenomenal Season! 👍 :wineglass:👍

Last edited:
1) final siren of the 2017 GF, no explanation needed
2) Astbury -> Dusty -> Jack -> Prestia goal in the 17 QF, IMO this was the moment we finally broke handcuffs of past failures, with a vital goal to give us some breathing space into 3QT of a tense final.
3) final siren of the 2019 GF, a premiership where we overcame so much hardship, that felt improbable at so many points this season, yet we won with a devastating twelve weeks of football, capped off by a total demolition in the GF
4) final siren of the 2017 PF, the emotion of reaching the GF for the first time in my life plus the noise of 95k tigers will take some beating
5) final siren of the 2019 PF, a game that much like our season felt nearly lost at halftime, with scars from 2018 being reopened, which made it oh so much better when we ended on top
6) making finals in 2014 after being 3-10
7) Andy Collins rising from the dead to get us over Sydney and off the bottom of the ladder in 2010
8) beating Port in 2010 in a mud pit, first win under Dimma after getting hammered for two months straight
9) Lloyd goal after the siren
10) Dusty goal in the 18 QF

Ooooh boy

10: The final minute of round 23 2014 against Sydney and winning 9 in a row
9: Higgo's backflip goal
8: LLOYD FROM 45 TO WIN THE GAME
7: Jack slotting number 10 against West Coast in 2010
6: The final Qtr of the 2017 Qualifying Final against Geelong
5: Butlers goal that sent us to the Granny in the 17' Prelim
4: The 2nd half of the Prelim against Geelong
3: 2019 Grand Final Siren
2: Marlion Picketts Goal
1: 2017 Grand Final Siren

Ooooh boy

10: The final minute of round 23 2014 against Sydney and winning 9 in a row

That was a fantastic season. The run towards the end of the season to stay in touch with the top 8 was absolutely epic!

Moreso the ones I can remember than accurate top 10

1. 2017 gf q4 last 7 minutes from the Butler checkside to the siren
2. Cotchin spin and goal 2017 qual
3. Cotchin tackling 2017 prelim inc. standing ovation
4. Marlion 2019 gf
5. 1st goal 2017 prelim
6. 1st goal q3 2019 prelim
7. Beating the Hawks in the rain when Dan Jackson kicked the sealer to "bring the house down"
8. Jacks 10 vs West Coast
9. Martin 2017 gf
10. Jacks marks 2017 gf

honorable mentions
Edwards 2017 gf
Martin 6 goals in Brisbane early days
Martin 6 goals in Brisbane 2019 qual

Last edited:
1. Realising we are here to stay as a contender
2. Cracking 100K members and having no competition as the biggest club in the land
3. 2017 GF
4. 2019 GF
5. The club not sacking coaches and staying with the plan around 2010-2012
6. Cotch's Bronlow
7. Dusty's Brownlow
8. Reading the Y&B book - knowing how deep in being good we actually are. After 30+ years of shite knowing, actually knowing, we are a well run club doing the right thing just felt amazing.
9. Cotch's spin and goal 2017 QF
10. Too many to say

1. 2017 GF demolition
2. 2019 GF demolition 2.0
3. Dusty's goal to start the 4th quarter in the 2017 PF
4. Houli's goal in in the 2017 GF
5. Cotch's goal in the 2019 GF
6. Cotch's goal in the 2017 QF
7. Making Geelong our finals bitches in 2017 and 2019
8. Lambo's goal in the 2017 PF
9. Every one of Shedda and Prestia's finals games in 2017 and 2019
10. Lynch's 5 goal 2019 PF

1. Late on in the 2017 GF when my son and I realised that the game was won, such an emotional time and vindication of "encouraging" him to become a Richmond supporter from the day he was born.
2. The 2019 Grand Final, the entire finals series TBH, when the tag of Best Team was validated... beyond doubt.
3. Even though it was a hugely disappointing result, the roar when the Tigers ran out in the 2013 EF was mind blowing.
4. Thumping Geelong in the 2017 QF, the Gorilla was off the back and we will never fear this mob ever again.
5. The last 10 minutes v Sydney in 2014. When Rance became the GOAT.
6. When Cotchin got in the faces of Mitchell, Hodge and Lewis, the end of the timid Tigers.
7. The Port game this season which directly led to the 2019 flag, Grimes became equal GOAT.
8. Benny and Peggy sticking with Dimma after the 2016 season. Pivotal in our entire history... if they had buckled to media and Big Footy pressure. :eek: Now that's a real sliding doors moment, Barrett, you idiot!
9. Dustin Martin's 2017 season, long time since we'd had the undisputed best player running around for us.
10. The magnificent winning streaks we are now enjoying against Carlton and Essendon.

1. 2017 GF - Whole Day - just brilliant. Mrs H&S says at the start of the third "I have a feeling we'll kick 5-6 goals this quarter" followed by "We got this" about 10 minutes into the last.... before she went to the bar for a couple of beers each. Top shelf Mrs H&S. Topped by Jack featuring the Killers. What a day!!
2. 2019 Prelim - the roar during the Second half was insane. It was a special second half. Special mention to the scats fans walking out with 5 minutes to go.
3. 2019 GF - a relaxing day at the footy. AS LoungeLizard said.....
4. 2017 Prelim - Wow just wow.
5. 2017 QF - 2 monkey's dead. stone dead. Final quarter was party time - and the atmosphere at the london tavern following.
6. 2014 Round 23 - Took a mate to his first tigers game - we were the only tigers a bus full of swans supporters both ways. Dusty's goal in the last. Bachar's tackle of Goodes in the last and Rance just being Rance. There was only a small group of Tigers there that day, and boy oh boy were we going apeshit!!
7. 2015 Swans mid season - My mate's second tiger game. We came from 30 odd down to clinically dispose of the swans - Cotchin's goal whilst on his back and Big Ivan's tap in. A great night out in Sydney!
8. 2013 Elimination Final .... until half time. Great excitement and the Atmosphere was special. Just a relief to be in finals.
9. 2011 Sydney swans game at the SCG. WE came from a fair way back to get our noses in front before Cotch misses a goal from 40-50 in front on the run... swans run away with it..... Why special - Cotchin stays on the ground after the game and practices that kick. Something special about this player.
10. this one might be strange.... but too the Family to (5yo son and almost 2yo daughter) their first game v GWS in 2017. yep game 3 of the 3 losses by less than a goal. However the kids loved it. My son got to sit with the cheers squad and wave flags etc. The kids had a ball and the atmosphere at the ground was great for family's. Only the last Bolton Touch call and the following passage ruined it. But knowing what was to come (and those losses were important) I can now look back at that day fondly. I think it was ReaperX that posted one of the all time dummy spits/rants that night (apologies if not you), which eachoed myu thoughts at the time.

Apologies to the Round 10 2010. The beginning (actually the beginning was a few weeks earlier to be fair)

:mad:Never to be mentioned again 2015 EF. oh and the K Hunt game.

The journey wasn't smooth and it's certainly been character building.... but how good is it now. Go Tiges!!

Moreso the ones I can remember than accurate top 10

1. 2017 gf q4 last 7 minutes from the Butler checkside to the siren
2. Cotchin spin and goal 2017 qual
3. Cotchin tackling 2017 prelim inc. standing ovation
4. Marlion 2019 gf
5. 1st goal 2017 prelim
6. 1st goal q3 2019 prelim
7. Beating the Hawks in the rain when Dan Jackson kicked the sealer to "bring the house down"
8. Jacks 10 vs West Coast
9. Martin 2017 gf
10. Jacks marks 2017 gf

honorable mentions
Edwards 2017 gf
Martin 6 goals in Brisbane early days
Martin 6 goals in Brisbane 2019 prelim
edit: 6. 2nd goal q3 2019 prelim. Jack down to Martin into open goal. Almost a carbon copy of 1st goal 2017 prelim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. 2017 Grand final
2. 2017 Qualifying final
3. 2019 Season as a whole.
4. Jack R mark against Sydney to make 2014 finals.
5. 2019 Prelim Final
6. Mcguane tackle on Bootsma to beat Carltoon first time in aaaages 2013.
7. 2013 Newman celebration against Dawks as we made finals for the first time in forever.
8. Team running out against Carlspoon 2013.
9. Lloyd goal after siren.
10. Kid Stacks game against Shemons

Hi all.

The end of the decade is fast approaching.

During this period of time, for Richmond, we have seen:
- 4 different coaches: Frawley, Wallace, Rawlings and Hardwick
- Membership numbers growing from 35,960 in 2010 to 103,358 in 2019
- 2 Premierships and a lot of false dawns
- First round draft busts and late round gems
- Brownlow medalists, multiple Coleman Medal winners and an AA coaptain

In a way, the last 10 years has been an epic and testing journey for a Richmond supporters.

I thought this would be a good opportunity to highlight your Top 10 (or 5 if you can't be stuffed) personal moments of this decade as a Tiger Supporter.

1. Attending my first ever Grand Final in 2017 and sitting stunned to see the Tigers win by a fantastic margin
2. Watching the 2019 Grand Final even more stunned when we steam rolled the Giants
3. Going to the Final series with my wife in 2017 and watching her really getting into the game
4. High-fiving Dustin Martin - Qualifying Finals 2017. We sat right next to the interchange!
5. Attending the Club Tour thanks to the BF player sponsorship. Had a lovely evening seeing the club from the inside
6. Taking my Brother in Law and Wife to the game together. Walking through the rain because I parked too far. Buying three ponchos and being the only three people in the row watching the game whilst everyone is undercover. He had no idea what was going on but really enjoyed the spectacle. We really flogged Essendon that day. Finishing off the evening with a burger at Merrywell.
7. Meeting some awesome BF Richmond supporters at Ms Parma at that forgettable 2013 Elimination Finals against Carlton. Finally putting some faces to the username.
8. Taking the bus to head over to Adelaide to watch Port Adelaide v Richmond. First time interstate and was completely blown away by the Never Tear Us Apart by the Port Adelaide supporters. Taking the bus home upset after the loss. Was a very good experience.
9. Albeit, not a great highlight, but when K. Hunt kicked that winning goal. This board was a total disaster and looking back being one of the mod, we were at panic stations. Festival of the Red. Probably one of the bleakest moments in the club history.
10. Knowing that my club is the greatest club at the latter end of the decade. We are truly a final's monster machine.

Have at it Tiger folks
You went back 20 years with the coaches but a great post.

8. Reading the Y&B book - knowing how deep in being good we actually are. After 30+ years of shite knowing, actually knowing, we are a well run club doing the right thing just felt amazing.
Wouldn’t have thought to include this, but yeah, agree. Reading that book around Christmastime in ‘17, I was sure that that we would have more success in the future. The Football Solution, too, to an extent. Great feeling. Really looking forward to Konrad Marshall’s new book

10. The 9 in a row to qualify for finals. Looking back I believe it was the time when the players started to believe that they were heading in the right direction.

9. 2016 trade period. Nankervis Prestia and Caddy in for Deledio. The ingredients were there for a solid cake but these 3 were the icing that took it to the next level.

8. Brendon Gales 5 year plan. Heavily mocked at the time. This gave the club something to focus on and they stuck to the plan despite the set backs and sfellows. On track to complete the final piece of the longer term plan of 3 flags by 2020.

7. 2013 finals. After 12 years we finally got back to playing in September and while the first few results weren't great the hunger born from that spurred the group to bigger things.

6. Fighting Tiger Fund. Without this, we'd still be using run down facilities and playing games at Coburg. Instead we have state of the art facilities, improved recruiting and training staff, stand alone VFL side, AFLW/VFLW sides and AFWL side.

5. Sam Lloyd game winner. Probably the last bit of joy we got in 2016, but that moment was such a great moment to be at the ground and witness.

4. Geelong 2017 QF Final. A side that had beaten us regularly through the decade and thought they would do it again. From the moment they ran out you knew it wasn't going to be their night. Our fans booed them mercilessly, their fans felt threatened, their players were intimidated then in the last quarter the Tigers tore them to shreds with some ferocious attack on the footy. Since then those salty Moe by the sea, country hicks have never been the same.

3. Dustin Martin 2017 season. Leigh Matthews described it as the perfect season so you know it was good. Premiership Brownlow Norm Smith B&F AFL MVP Coaches Award etc etc.

2. The board standing strong in 2016. Go to late season 2016 and we were all calling for Hardwick to go, the board faced a challenge from Focus on Football group but stood firm and backed their position and were rewarded in doing so.

1. 2017-2019. What a 3 year period if not for gastro and a corked thigh in preliminary final week 2018 we'd probably be 3 time premiers right now.

Honorable Mention
@tiger71and captain blood 17 opposition sprays, especially aimed at Pies and Geelong. Some of the best moments on the BigFooty Tigercast.

Number Two for me...
That 2016 trade period.
Nankervis Prestia and Caddy in for Deledio. The ingredients were there for a solid cake but these 3 were the icing that took it to the next level.
Three terrific players that added to our fire power!
With Conca coming back in from injury we had some handy in's!!!!

OK, keeping this on-field...

1 - 2017 Premiership - the drought breaker!
2 - 2019 Premiership - two in three years marked us as a great side!
3 - Dustin Martin's 2017 season - everyone knows about this!
4 - 2017 prelim v the Giants - 100,000 Tigers realising en masse we were off to the GF!
5 - Cotchin Brownlow - sadly we didn't really get to celebrate the achievement like we should have!
6 - Player accolades flowing in - AAs, Colemans, media recognition - more a reflection of the entire side!
7 - 9 game winning streak to make the finals in 2014 - has been bettered by the current streak!
8 - Lloyd after the siren winner... and the thirty seconds of playing leading up to it!
9 - the rise of our VFL side!
10 - Marlion Pickett's debut and the bravery of the club club to do that!

Off-field - signing Dimma and standing by him, drafting successes, Punt Rd facilities becoming elite, the club seeing itself as a positive force of change socially, etc etc

Personally - two kids in Richmond jumpers, two kids to Richmond games, my son loves Dusty, 25 years consecutive membership, attending two winning GFs.

I have only one moment to add, the only time a football match brought me to tears, and it wasn't the GF in 2017. It was the win in the rain against Port Adelaide in 2010, the first under Hardwick. If I'd known what was coming, those tears of relief would have been tears of pure unadulterated joy.

Last edited:
The QF win over those Sooks from Geelong in 2017. It was the first time I truly believed we were in the hunt. It was the first time I cried at the footy. The pressure to win was unmeasurable. Every one was in to us. It was the first time my 20 year old daughters got to see how powerful we really were as a club. The atmosphere was electric.
iT WAS GREAT TO SEE THOSE ENTILED Geelong scumbags slink off , pay back for years of torment. Repeating that dose this year was just as satisfying.

Martin fends off Stewart , over to Prestia , long ball in to Jack .... GOALLLLLL !!! dusty COMING OFF TO A standing ovation. Cothcins goal , Towners goal.
That whole month of finals was life defining . It was so good.

In no particular order

1- The 2017 PF. I don't think I will ever hear noise like that again. I don't think the AFL will ever hear noise like that again.

2- Watching those who have stood by the club (players, staff, supporters) be rewarded with the drought breaker in 17. We thoroughly deserved it and I never thought I'd ever see one.

3- Watching Richo present the cup in 17. I am so happy he was the one to present the cup. No one else would have felt right.

4- Turning to my Grandfather 5 minutes into the 1st qtr of the 19 GF and saying "GWS don't look up to it"

5-1 Lloyd's goal after the siren against Sydney. I was unable to attend or watch, but was listening to it on the radio as I walked around the city and was just about to pack it in when it started unfolding. I'll never forget erupting with joy in public, and the few CARN the tigers! I got back in response.

6- The what feels like the sudden, but probably wasn't, unification of our team and how within a season turned into a team that oppo supporters genuinely dread playing.

7- Watching those players who missed out in 17 get the reward in 19. Bloody happy Shorty got to play in a GF and win one for that matter.

8- Every day since winning it in 17, getting to reflect on Richmond's hard times and how it only makes now seems sweeter.

9- Watching opposition fans go from treating us like a joke to constantly whinging and complaining like they do whenever a club gets on a roll. Just makes me know for certain that we are great right now.

10- Marlion Picketts debut. No other club would have dared.

I'll only add one that I don't see here.

Richo said goodbye by doing a lap of the 'G before the R1 game against Carlton in 2010. He was in a suit and surrounded by a swarm of kids in Tigers jumpers, #12.

Must have been a home game, because I remember looking around and thinking, "wow, 70 thousand Richmond supporters and they all have something in their eye." Not a dry eye in the house. I had to put the sunnies on. But only coz I was down the Punt Rd end, in the direct sun.

It was a sad moment, but I rate it as a "top moment" because of the connection in the Tiger Army. We all felt it.

Richo.jpg

I'll only add one that I don't see here.

Richo said goodbye by doing a lap of the 'G before the R1 game against Carlton in 2010. He was in a suit and surrounded by a swarm of kids in Tigers jumpers, #12.

Must have been a home game, because I remember looking around and thinking, "wow, 70 thousand Richmond supporters and they all have something in their eye." Not a dry eye in the house. I had to put the sunnies on. But only coz I was down the Punt Rd end, in the direct sun.

It was a sad moment, but I rate it as a "top moment" because of the connection in the Tiger Army. We all felt it.

View attachment 776220
I snapped this pic on the night, shitty old phone so it's lousy quality:
012.JPG

And the banner that night:
021.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back