Your Top 10 UK Bands of All time

Roobs321

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Sydney Swans GWS CBR United
Begging You is fantastic, it’s like the best elements of what they could of been.

Driving South is another favorite, Breaking Into Heaven could of been trimmed about 4 minutes, and Ten Story Love song is quite lovely.
Much in agreement. Whilst music trends at that time had arguably veered away from this type of material anyway, it is tragic that they didn't refine and trim Second Coming into something more potent (like the tracks we describe above). They had an album's worth of strong material in there, diluted unnecessarily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blue1980

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Much in agreement. Whilst music trends at that time had arguably veered away from this type of material anyway, it is tragic that they didn't refine and trim Second Coming into something more potent (like the tracks we describe above). They had an album's worth of strong material in there, diluted unnecessarily.
They weren’t too far away from what was popular at the time, still in the ballpark of it.

I know that the britpop trends of the era seemed a bit different, but the Stone Roses were hardly out of place.

If they had kept their shit together after 89-90 and put out an album in 91/92 i think it would of been a lot stronger and they would of continued to power on through the 90s.

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Off hand, it would look something like;

Beatles
Radiohead
Oasis
Stone Roses
Rolling Stones
The Clash
Coldplay (early)

Then I run out of steam. If we are including solo acts, then Bowie would undoubtedly be in there.

Top Bottom