13. Riewoldt
14. J.Cameron
15. Walters
16. R.Gray
17. M.Pickett
18. N.Natanui
19. S.Stack
20. S.Coniglio
Omg really. Nice yellow and black glasses you have on.

I don't believe there are any right or wrong answers in a thread like this
but honestly
1. Fyfe
2. Cripps
3. Martin
4. Grundy
5. Coniglio
6. Bont
7. Gawn
8. Dangerfield
9. T. Greene
10. Yeo
11. Jeremy Cameron
12. McRae
13. Whitfield
14 Petracca
15 Worpell
16 Patton
17 Haynes
18 Stewart
19 Charlie Cameron
20. Lever
In my eyes these are the twenty players that I have think could be the absolute elite coming into the 2020 season

Different tack, but if I was picking a team of 20 (18 + 2):

B: Stewart Andrews Grimes
HB: Whitfield McGovern Yeo
C: Bontempelli Fyfe Zorko
HF: Martin Franklin J Cameron
F: Walters Lynch C Cameron
Foll: Gawn Dangerfield Cripps

IC: Neale Pendlebury

Something like that. Full back line hardest to pick. Rationale of wanting a proper full back, plus distributor who can still defend, plus a versatile medium defender. Half back line pretty easy. McGovern picks himself as an intercepting CHB who can still defend, plus two half backs who can play midfield. Midfield is just a collection of good players, then forward 6 of two mobile talls and a contested marking beast. Martin is a luxury to name as a HF, C Cameron and Walters the current best two smalls and Walters can play midfield.

*note, i do weight for guys who can kick the ball accurately to a team mate, and generally go with those who i think influence games through their disposals.
Stats mean very little to me.
This is going of 2019 form into 2020

1.Martin
2.Pendles
3.Fyfe
4.Lynch
5.Cripps
6.Bont
7.T.Kelly
8.Greene
9.JJK
10.Danger
11.Yeo
12.Whitfield
13.Coniglio
14.J.Kelly
15.Walters
16.Haynes
17.Gawn
18.J.Cameron
19.Macrae
20.C.Cameron

Feels weird that Ablett & Buddy are still playing but aren't top 20 for me anymore. Would be the best 2 players i've seen this side of Voss/Hird/Bucks/Carey/Judd.

I know I’ve missed the boat here because he was the subject of discussion in this thread months ago. But what are Roos fans’ arguments for Ben Brown beyond kicking goals?

Yes it is an important stat and he has been the most productive forward for goals kicked over the last 3 years. Acknowledged.
But from all the games I’ve watched it is literally his only job. Kick goals. If he was 30-40 goals ahead of the other guys then absolutely he’d be in the top handful of players in the comp.

instead he’s barely 5-10 goals clear of players like Riewoldt who help create play for the likes of Lynch, Hawkins who pushes upfield and delivers the ball to his teammates, Cameron who’s taking 7 marks a game and bringing others into it.
Brown is a fundamentally very sound forward who makes his contribution each game but he would need to become either more productive with the boot or add something to his game to get the recognition some people think he already deserves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back