Your Top 20

Dude, he is talking in terms of this season (hence the not including Rose and Rondo).

Also I'll ignore the Bosh ahead of CP3, Howard and Rose thing seeing as though you must be drunk and high right now.

However I won't ignore Asik in the top 20, you are officially insane, Asik is a beast defensively but his stone hands, s**t FT shooting and general lack of offensive skill automatically eliminate him from being top 20.
I've seen these types of threads been boring before. You need to create a little bit of controversy to spice things up a little :)

Though, honestly, I didn't exactly read the OP, so didn't know to disclude Rose, Rondo and Love.
If that's the case, move everyone up and make;

18. Gasol (M)
19. Garnett
20. Noah

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
As people have said, Rondo, Rose and Love would all be in if it wasnt or injury.

1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Carmelo Anthony
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Chris Paul (small gripe with him, with the support he has, the Clips should have a better record)
6. Russell Westbrook
7. Tony Parker
8. Tim Duncan (has had a great year)
9. Blake Griffin
10. James Harden
11. Steph Curry
12. Dwayne Wade
13. Joakim Noah
14. Paul George
15. Kyrie Irving
16. John Wall
17. Paul Pierce
18. Dwight Howard
19. LeMarcus Aldrige
20. Luol Deng

Unlucky - Bosh, Holiday, Garnett, Lee, Randolph, M.Gasol.

1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Chris Paul
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Carmelo Anthony
6. Tony Parker
7. Tim Duncan
8. James Harden
9. Russell Westbrook
10. Dwayne Wade
11. Steph Curry
12. Dwight Howard
13. Joakim Noah
14. Kyrie Irving
15. Paul George
16. Marc Gasol
17. Kevin Garnett
18. Luol Deng
19. Blake Griffin
20. John Wall

Just missed out - LeMarcus Alridge, Paul Pierce, Brook Lopez, Dirk Nowitzki, Josh Smith.

Getting a few lists in which is good. Seems to be a fair bit of consensis on the top 10 give or take 1 or 2. 11-20 is a bit more varied. Keep em coming, still got a few more days to get your lists in.

calyam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Here is my list. I tried to include good defensive players as well as rewarding good offensive players. Minutes played was an important factor - for example, I love Duncan but he just does not play enough minutes for me to rate him higher than those in the top 10.

1. LeBron James - the standard against which every other player is measured.
2. Kevin Durant - the best pure scorer in the game.
3. Chris Paul - the best point guard; arguably no player is more important to his team.
4. James Harden - fantastic season; more efficient than any scorer not named LeBron or Durant.
5. Tony Parker - MVP considerations earlier in the season were well-earned.
6. Russell Westbrook - for every stupid thing he does, he does a number of excellent things.
7. Dwyane Wade - fewer minutes make it seem like he's slipped. But Wade still gets it done at a very high level.
8. Blake Griffin - underrated season; does a bit of everything and does a bit of everythng well; has improved on D.
9. Kobe Bryant - great numbers but horrible team performance; how much is Kobe's fault? I'm not sure but he is the undisputed leader so he must take some blame.
10. Marc Gasol - Does not have the gaudy offensive numbers of some others but delivers on defensive and is the reason Memphis is a real dark horse for the WC.
11. Duncan - turned back the clock a little this season. For the minutes he plays he is still the best big in the game. If he can push his aching body up to 40 minutes per night the Spurs will get out of the West.
12. Stephen Curry - not much to dislike about Curry's game; really smart player.
13. Carmelo Anthony - huge scorer as usual; but does not have the all-round impact to be a top 10 player.
14. Chris Bosh - would be higher but sacrifices his game for Wade and James; impressive that he has anchored the centre position all season.
16. Dwight Howard - one of the seasons most disappointing players; usually a shoo-in for top 5 but hasn't had that kind of impact this season.
17. Tyson Chandler - does not score a great lot but NY will go only as far as Chandler lets them. IMO the most important Knick in the playoffs.
18. Paul George - leading the league in defensive WS; too easy for good defensive players to get lost in lists like this.
19. Deron Williams - every season this guy seems to disappoint me; nevertheless here he is.
20. Serge Ibaka - not going to impress with his offensive; but is great at causing havoc on the defensive end; does his role very well.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
THIS YEAR ALONE

1-Lebron James
2-Kevin Durant
3-Kobe Bryant
4-Steph Curry
5-James Harden
6-Carmelo Anthony
7-Chris Paul
8-Brook Lopez
9-Dwight Howard
10-Tim Duncan
11-Marc Gasol
12-LaMarcus Aldridge
13-Kyrie Irving
14-Russel Westbrook
15-Zach Randolph
16-Blake Griffin
17-Paul george
18-Tony Parker
19-Chris Bosh
20-Dwayne Wade

Throw in Love around 10ish when he's back

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
#1 blocks
#5 shooting %
#23 rebounds

From the 4
#5 3pt %
#4 Offensive rebounds
Yeah, he's great at blocking shots out of bounds, losing his man on defense and hitting shots without a man near him.

Since when does shooting threes as a power forward count for anything? Meaningless stat.

Yeah, he's great at blocking shots out of bounds, losing his man on defense and hitting shots without a man near him.

Since when does shooting threes as a power forward count for anything? Meaningless stat.

It was to compare him to players who play the same position as him to create a point of difference.

It'd be like going to assists with centers. they'd be well down the list, but if you're in the top of your field you become ever so more valueable.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Being top of your field in three point shooting as a PF is like a PG being top of the field in blocks, it's meaningless.

Ibaka's stats and advanced stars certainly don't suggest that he is a top 20 player.

He's a typical overrated shot blocker because he creates lots of highlight plays. The fact that he finished second in DPOY last season was a disgrace.

nufan

Norm Smith Medallist
May 4, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pelicans, Tottenham
Help defense shot blockers are the most over rated players in the league. Deandre Jordan nuff said

Back