Your Top 3 Carlton Games - That You Were Actually At

Remove this Banner Ad

1. 1999 prelim. That will never be topped unless we can beat the pies or bombers by a point or so in a GF when we're massive underdogs.

2. 1995 semi vs North. SOS dominated, Dean was KOed, Sticks kicked goals. Awesome from start to finish.

3. Tie between the game at Princes Park against West Coast when Kouta took 18 marks and was chanted off the ground, and the game at AAMI in 2004 when the Crows led all day and then Fev kicked that bomb from 50-odd on the boundary to put us in front.

Round 1 2008 might get an honourable mention for 5th given that it'll mark the beginning of our resurgence....

I was at the Crows V Carlton game when
fev kicked that ripper from the boundary.
I had been sitting in the members in the first half and i was invited
to join a bunch of friends on the outer (all crows fans) for the second half.
Cutting a lonely figure (carlton jumper on) I looked on as the crows fell
apart and the blues dragged another one back from the dead.
Stone the crows.....we sure did.

1) 1970 GF. The greatest game in history.
2) 1972 GF. 28 goals 9 behinds. As underdogs. Tough luck KB.
3) 1979 GF. Harmesy was INSIDE the line, honest.
4) 1968 GF. 3 point win over Bombers to break a 21 year drought.
5) 1987 GF. Finally beat Hawthorn. Rhys you star.
6) 1995 GF. A canter. Diesel and Sticks were awesome.
7) 1981 GF. Gutsy come-from-behind win over Collingwood was excellent.
8) 1982 GF. Another flag over the Tiges. Doully and the streaker.
9) Round 22, 1987. Sticks goals after the siren to take top spot and set up a flag. Up yours Malcolm Blight.
10) Round 3 2007. The comeback.

(Wasn't there for the 99 prelim - the only other game which would have made this list).
You missed the 1970 GF?!?! Sick and tired of wasting weekends at the MCG watching the Blues win premierships....?

For me im only a young feller so i haven't been to any grand finals.
Top 3 games which i was there for would be: (in no order)

- Last game at optus oval(princess park)
- Melb V Carlton
I know we lost but it was an emotional day seeing big nick and kouta walking off together for the last time at optus oval.
Kouta was doing everything to win that game and he nearly did it by himself, he played unbelievable, especially in the clearences. It was great to see "kouta" showing off his talent. Unfortnately we just couldn't shut out russel robinson and we lost the game, but it was a historical day and one i'll remember.

- 2007 carlton V essedon rd3
Great comeback as already stated. I go to the game with my 2 older brothers one is essedon and the other carlton (huge bragging rights for the winner as u can imagine!)
At half time we were getting smashed, me and my older brother couldn't handle it and said "if we don't get the 1st goal in the 3rd qrt, thats it we're leaving!lol. Well im glad i stayed! What a game!

- walkers debut, west coast V carlton, 2004? (can't remember the dates)
It was a wet day, but it was great seeing walker that day. Absoloutely dominated on the wing, racking up a stack of possesions and nearly took that screamer of a mark. It was a "kouterish" performance and hopefully he gets back to his best this year, i think he will. Once again it was a rare highlight in an otherwise bleak couple of seasons, walkers debut sparked hopes we're on the comeback trial!

There my top 3:thumbsu: Obviously there hasn't been many highlights over the last couple of seasons, (to the games i've been to) so really looking forward to one day seeing carlton in finals/premiership! Won't be too long!:thumbsu: GO BLUES

One man with 8 grannies? You'd never be out of the hospice, son! ****ing amazing, that has got to be close to unbeatable.

PS: Can't be that recently blue.

A very long time Blue (was 12yo at the '68 GF), but recently blue - since about March 30th 2002, when the Saints kicked 7 goals in the last quarter to start 6 years of misery.

You missed the 1970 GF?!?! Sick and tired of wasting weekends at the MCG watching the Blues win premierships....?

No mate, get ya glasses checked. But I VERY nearly left at half time. Suggested as much to the old man, thank goodness he replied "Let's just see who kicks the first goal after half time....". And the rest, as they say, is history.

as i only moved back to melb in dec 02, my list is pretty limited.

the ones that stick in my mind were:

round 22 2004, when we beat pies by a point, i won a slab as well out of that match because we finished above the filth on the ladder.

round 3 2007, with my daughter who had just turned 2, we had a great afternoon (we are undefeated in matches that she has gone to with me other than when we played the filth)

probably the first games of a few players in recent years, walker in 04, dad and i were standing on wing where he dropped the mark from above the grandstand. and seeing gibbs first match in 07.

special mentin to the day at the gabba in 1995 when sticks kicked 5 in the first quater, it was actually aka's first match and the week after sticks had kicked 10 against the dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back